Start by marking “Rememberers” as Want to Read:
Rememberers

Read Book

Rememberers

In this theological, supernatural thriller, 19-year-old Kallie Hunt's everyday moments begin feeling all too familiar. She has a sense that she'd lived them before. But that was crazy, right? Deja vu. That was kid's stuff, right? Been there, done that, impossible. You got one shot at this life thing. One shot. You lived. You died. End of story.

But if that was true, then
Kindle Edition, 1, 350 pages
Published June 1st 2015 by Ink & Stone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rememberers, please sign up.
C. Baldwin Mature teens, 16+ should be okay. That's basically due to one scene after a character becomes demon possessed.…moreMature teens, 16+ should be okay. That's basically due to one scene after a character becomes demon possessed. (less)
C. Baldwin Yes, there are at least 2 other parts. Book 2, (working title) Killing God is slated for release sometime in 2016 or early 2017.

Start your review of Rememberers
N.N. Light
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant and it was so wonderfully written. A suspense shrouded in fantasy, Rememberers is a must read!

My Rating: 5 stars
Lea
Feb 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
My fist note on this book was OMG THIS IS SO GROSS I LOVE IT! With the caps and all.

My second Oh, apparently there's a body attached to the head. Too bad.

Yeah, I thought there was a head detached from its body. And yes, I was disappointed when I found out the body was actually there. Don't blame me for having such a fucked up mind. Blame the weird books I've read, my weird friends, or, at the very least, my parents for having conceived me (I just grossed myself out) without the neurons necessary
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I won this book through a Good Reads First Reads Giveaway.

It took me some time to sort my feelings about this book. I almost gave it a two star rating but there are some good concepts of the book and I really hate giving low ratings unless I just really hate a book.

This book is labeled as an urban fantasy, which I do not believe it should be in this genre of books. I think this is one of the reasons the book kept throwing me off. It's seem more of like a
Devin
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This review has also been posted on Devin's Book Hub.

In Rememberers, 19-year-old Kallie Hunt has been experiencing deja vu sensations. She feels like she’s lived through a moment before, and can “see” what happens before it actually happens. But how is that possible? Is something wrong with her? And why is the government and a few priests be following her around, telling her she needs to save the world from demons? Things are about to get weird…

Having recently read Fathers House by C. Edward
Ana
Feb 11, 2015 rated it did not like it

When I first saw this title on Netgalley, I thought the cover was quite immature, but I was very intrigued by the premise. I am a sucker for people who have brains that work differently from common folks', and then the deja vus... Matrix, anyone?

So I picked this up and, as I started reading, I was intrigued. A priest who could have played basketball professionally. An agent coming to interview him because his business card was found at a murder scene. The
Suzie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
** I was given an advance reader copy of this book from LibraryThing and C.Edward Baldwin in exchange for an honest review**

On the whole, this book was an enjoyable read. The premise of the book was interesting and original and I found the story engaging. Given the book's blurb, I was a bit disappointed that the truth behind the terrorists' murders was revealed so early on. Personally, I would've preferred to be left in the dark a bit longer as to what was going on, adding a greater sense of
Marie -The Reading Otter
Review:
I received this book from NetGalley for review.

I went into this book expecting nothing. The synopsis sounded like this book would be enjoyable. I was left with a 'meh' feeling at the end. The writing was a little dry, as well as many of the characters. I should have known this book wasn't for me with it's Da Vinci Code comparison, both books had ties to religious themes with a forced plot that wasn't as engaging as promised.

I had a hard time caring about any of the characters
Cathy
Feb 18, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: read-2015
This book was a free ARC, provided by Netgalley, thank you!

When the main character finally raised her head towards the end of the second chapter, I felt like reading the latest Dan Brown or James Rollins, but not a UF novel with a strong, female lead.

The prose feels overly descriptiv, telling us every little breath or move each character is taking. Together with the third-person narrative this does not make for a very lively read.

At about 10% into the book and yet another chapter introducing a
Erika
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley
***I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

I was excited to read this one based on the synopsis, but I really had a hard time getting into it. Especially near the beginning, there was a lot of jumping back and forth between different sets of characters and different locales. This was a little confusing, since even the characters you were becoming familiar with weren't always in an expected location when you went back to them. I also felt that Kallie
Maggie
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Received from Netgallery for an honest review. I really struggled with the first third of this book. I was getting confused about the characters and agencies involved and was beginning to wonder if I was actually going to have to give up. Fortunately it did pick up and the second bit was much better and more gripping. I’m not sure about the ending. It seemed a bit too simple. If I could I’d give this book three and a half stars but as halves aren’t allowed I’ve given it three. It has a sequel- ...more
Karen Beg
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really tried to get into this book, but I just never could. It had a lot of religious-like mumbo jumbo that I didn't like, and distracted me from the story. I think it would have been better to let the characters, through action, explain the background ideas instead of constantly preaching them.
Felica Baldwin
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This smartly written, thought-provoking novel is a must read for any fan of fiction. A unique blend of all my favorite literary genres mystery and suspense it's no wonder I loved it. Very highly recommended.
Maxine ❃ etherealpages
May 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, netgalley
DNF - 3%

WARNING: INFORMATION OVERLOAD.
I didn't even get through the first chapter because there was already MAJOR info dump. My brain can only process so much details, reading paragraph after paragraph of explanations just caused white noise in my mind. All I could hear in my head was blah, blah, BLECH to be honest.

I really wanted to get into this book because it seemed like a mystery I definitely wanted to solve but the writing style and world-building are not working for me. The first
Sage Knightly
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ffr
*I received the ebook version of this from a giveaway on LibraryThing.
**This will also be posted on Booklikess.

Rememberers was not what I expected it to be. I expected it to be more of the fantasy genre. Instead, it's all about religion, science, psychology, terrorists, demons, God and Adam & Eve. We mainly follow Kallie, a nineteen-year-old college student who experiences daily feelings of deja vu, and who ends up immersed in the world of religion and the evil that goes with the good.
Floryie
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, arcs
My Musings :

Deja vu

The single word which made me take a second look at the book. I read this book solely for the premise of the heroine, Kallie being haunted by familiar events unfolding in her life. And the other questions and mysteries associated with her was secondary.

So was I right to base my expectation on a single word? Read on to know more.

The starting of the book was engaging. The life of Kallie is outlined piece by piece while at the same time, the death of a stranger is being
Manda  Lee
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Amie's Book Reviews
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Have you ever experienced Deja Vu? What if that Deja Vu actually meant something? Something potentially life altering? How would you know? And what could you possibly do about it?

Kallie Hunt seems like a typical college student. She isn’t sure what she wants to do with her life and hasn’t even chosen a major in college yet.

The death of her mother a year earlier from brain cancer had left Kallie with her grandmother as her only relative. Well, she has a father, but since she’s only spoken to him
Susan
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a fascinating novel! Kali is finally getting back to her normal life after her mother's death from brain cancer. She is going to college when she starts having déjà vu experiences upon awaking in the morning. Why? What is causing this? The feelings are so intense that she mentions it to her grandmother. Her grandmother asks if she is going to church and who her minister is. Her grandmother calls Father Swagg and asks him to help her daughter. Meanwhile Kalli has met a boy named Seth ...more
Judy Lesley
I can't help but wonder if this book might find its way to a readership which will appreciate it more if the description mentioned how heavily theology will be featured. I expected to read a book with a paranormal and urban fantasy combination featuring characters with the ability to see activities which would cause harm and danger to people and change those situations before they happened. Specifically terrorist threats. I got some of that, but much more of the Christian faith reasons for why ...more
E.A.
( I received this book free from the Author in exchange for my honest review )

2.5 Stars

This book started out good, it peaked my interest and the mystery was alluring, but it fell hard. The writing was repetitive and to be honest noting of important happens until the last 30% of the book, and it just kind of, happens.

I felt that I was being told the story instead of getting absorb into it. I had to keep putting the book down because I was just not feeling it. The world building was, factual and
Kathryn Patterson
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Disclaimer: This is the first book I'm reviewing for NetGalley, a website that allows authors to release books early to reviewers. NetGalley gave me a copy of the book for this purpose.

"The Rememberers" by C. Edward Baldwin offers readers a glimpse into a world where a few select people can remember the future. Yes, I know that it sounds a bit crazy and a few times while reading the story I felt as if I was watching "The Matrix", when Neo is asked to choose the red pill or the blue pill. Only
David Wizardgold
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I got this book through Story Cartel and I've been listening to it being read via Voice Dream on my iPhone. I like the main character and have become invested in her role in the story. Finding it interesting how the religious belief thing is pervasive in the story. The book highlights the ridiculous beliefs people can have and follow blindly. There is the arm twisting from the family and blatant lies by the religious characters to get the main character to join in there evil doing. It's ...more
Heather
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-fantasy, review, 2015
This sounded like my sort of book.
“For 19-year-old Kallie Hunt, everyday moments began feeling all too familiar. She had a sense that she'd lived them before. But that was crazy, right? Deja vu.”
Unfortunately, the book starts with a Catholic priest and a security agent discussing the death of a terrorist, and quickly moves into the realms of secret organisations in the Church. Dan Brown territory.
When we finally meet Kallie, who has recently lost her mother to cancer, she is worried that the
Mary Hartshorn
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was not what I expected. It was intriguing in the beginning reminding me almost of Dan Brown’s Da Vinci Code with the religion and mystery but more supernatural. I have to admit that it took me longer to read this book because there were a lot of parts just explaining religion. Considering this book is heavily made up with religious context and philosophy I get it.

This book focuses on 19 year old Kallie and her weird episodes of déjà vu which captures the attention of three unlikely
Sally Schmidt
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I received a free ebook of this title from NetGalley.

This is going to be one of my rare did-not-finish books. When I read the blurb about this book and saw the cover, I was expecting an urban fantasy with a female main character. I'm 20% of the way through the book and so far what I have is a middle-aged priest and a DaVinci Code-esque plot. I think that's fine, if that's what you're into, but it's not at all what I was looking for or what the information in the book's listing conveyed.

For what
Nancy
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
What started out as an interesting concept in the beginning turned stupid by the end. I do not know what C. Edward Baldwin was thinking, but you take a curious hypothesis about time being circular and not linear, churches coming together to work this out, terrorists that want to change outcomes, people that can remember prior cycles, Government agencies trying to get a handle on this and rogue operatives that are not who or what they seem, and you have the beginning of a very good thriller. ...more
Mark Gardner
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I enjoyed The Rememberers, by C. Edward Baldwin. I didn’t have any preconceived notions, not being familiar with Mr. Baldwin’s work. The story seemed to be presented as some sort of precognition based on reliving lives, similar to Replay, by Ken Grimwood, The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, by Claire North, or even Edge of Tomorrow, starring Tom Cruise.

The book appeared to begin this way, but about two-thirds it started reading more like an episode of Supernatural, with demon gates,
C. Baldwin
Mar 08, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The playlist:

16. Always
Maghon Thomas
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, fantasy
This is an interesting book. It's more of a thriller with theology basis rather than a fantasy or paranormal. I think that kind of threw me for a little loop. There are some demons, but mainly it's got a religious basis. Not that I mind that. Kallie is the main character and she keeps having deja vu moments. And she meets Seth, falls in love, then has a mind blowing experience. The characters are interesting and I liked the writing. 4 PAWS!
Angie
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, arc
This is a unique take on fantasy and the de ja vu feeling we've all experienced at one point or another. This book goes quite a bit into the parapsychology of the sense of de ja vu and the brain actually trying to fill in blanks. The story bounces between Kallie and a few priests point of views. If you're looking for something that makes you think and has mystery and suspense, then check this one out.

*I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
C. Edward Baldwin is originally from Lumberton, North Carolina. His debut novel, Fathers House was published in 2013. He has a BA degree in Communications from North Carolina A&T State University and a MA in English from East Carolina University. He's married to the beautiful Natasha and they are the proud parents of two boys. The Baldwins currently reside in Raleigh, NC.