Start by marking “Fractured: Volume Two (Fractured, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fractured: Volume Two (Fractured, #2)

Fractured: Volume Two (Fractured Serials #2)

How can you go on when you have lost everything?
When nothing matters.
No one matters.
Sometimes it takes a push from an unexpected source to help you realize what you’ve become.
Can a happily ever after really happen?
Or will the unexpected shatter everything around you?
Published (first published February 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fractured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured

Bj
Feb 09, 2015 Bj rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2015, new-adult, 4-stars
4 "What a Cliffhanger" Stars!! Wow, can't wait to see what happens to the "fractured" lives in book 3! Volume Two has a very different feel from Volume One. We go from perfection to devastation as characters must learn to cope with unbearable loss and figure out how to resume their normal lives at the same time. When all hope seems loss, a previously unwelcome influence forces his way in to expedite the return to normalcy, but is it possible to avoid entangling feelings when healing becomes such ...more
Barbara
Feb 15, 2015 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-story
Volume Two picks up 120 days later where Volume One ended. Shay, heartbroken, inconsolable, in a self imposed exile from the world outside her home, unable to speak to anyone except her mother, who she tells, do not come to my house. She doesn’t want anyone’s condolences, she just wants Cam, her beloved husband. Her will to live a normal life gone. That is until Cam’s best friend, Jacob knocks on her door. Jacob, was hot, sexy and the only unattached man in Cam’s squad. He tells Shay that he gav ...more
Kelly Fletcher
Feb 09, 2015 Kelly Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Holy crap on a cracker Alexis seriously! Talk about leave a girl hanging - we are so at the hate stage of our love/hate relationship at the moment.

This book picks up a few months from where Volume One left off. Shay is struggling to say the least and help and strength comes from the most unlikeliest of places. Fate intervenes and puts these two lost souls together to hopefully spurn something beautiful and amazing from the darkest of places. Then Alexis comes along and rips your heart out AGAIN.
Give Me Books
Feb 16, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
I needed this story, because the ending of Fractured, Volume One left me raw and ready to experience the next stage.

Picking up a few months after the end of the first book, this installment features one of the most touching, heart-breaking, identifiable depictions of grief I've read. It was heart-wrenching, and the tears that threatened at the end of the first book spilled over quickly and freely. I was impressed and hurting, all at once.

This second part built on the solid foundation that Alexis
Desirae (Dee)
Feb 05, 2015 Desirae (Dee) rated it it was amazing
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand she does it again.... I'm all full of emotional, all full of the feels... feel like I'm living this damn story with this character. I can't believe what's happening, can't believe I'm actually liking the way things are going and the heartbreak Alexis put me through..then BAM! pivotal moment, cliffhanger. I swear to all the book Gods, she did that shit on purpose! I think Alexis set out to rip our hearts out, then just be like a call center operator.. "hold please"........* shaki ...more
Amanda
Feb 14, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
OMG talk about a book hangover w/ a cliffhanger! You can't do that to a girl Alexis!!! My mouth dropped open in shock! I can't wait to read some more! Gimme gimme gimme!!!

Just when i thought it couldn't get more dramatic or more twisty turny it does! I'm left wondering wth is going to happen next!

This book picks up right where the first one left off and flows very smoothly. Can you get a taste as to the direction in which the book is heading? A little bit. Does that make it any less mouth droppi
Ajs  Book Reviews
Feb 19, 2015 Ajs Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy by author for an honest review.

I seriously don't even know where to begin with this book without giving to much away! Let me just say Alexis completely gutted me so far with this serious! Between all the crying, and cliffhangers I swear she is trying to torture us!

This book picks up a couple months after book 1 ended. Shay is having a hard time dealing with the death of her husband. He husband friend Jacob come to the rescue and helps her be able to live again.

As time passes
Dianne
Paralyzing heartbreak, grief, depression and a slight glimmer of… yep, that is how Alexis Noelle’s Fractured: Volume Two ended, but hey, this is a serial series, a literary soap opera. Have you ever seen a daytime soap end with anything other than a cliff hanger and the music coming to a crescendo? (And no, that was not a spoiler; I try not to do spoilers)

Shay is lost in her grief over Cam, she refuses help, secludes herself and pretty much stops functioning as a human being. An unlikely person
Books Laid Bare
Oct 01, 2015 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing
Life dealt Shay the cruellest of blows and she is still finding each day painful. She wakes each morning through necessity not need, and when her eyes meet the light of the day, her heart sinks because she knows that it is yet another day she has to face without Cam.
There is nothing that anyone can say or do to bring Cam back to her but her existence without him is painful. Knowing that she has no place in society at the moment to which she wants to contribute, she has become a virtual recluse,
Lora
Feb 20, 2015 Lora rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

This started as a 3 star book for me because I felt like everything was predictable and happening way too fast, but I quickly (or maybe not so quickly) learned that everything isn’t as it seems.

I haven’t read a lot of serials because I am impatient and usually want the whole story when I start it -- this is the reason I also don’t read teasers or prologues from upcoming books before the book is released. I just have to have it all.

This serial drew me in with the first one and n
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell Alexis!! I don't even know what to say!

This is the second book in the Fractured series. Book one ripped my heart out, tore it into little pieces and stomped all over it. Book two picks up 4 months after book one ends and we see the mess Shay's life has become. I strongly felt her emotions throughout this book. Enter the mysterious Jacob from book one, who promised Cam to look after and take care of Shay. He decides to move into her house until she starts to live again. And her anger i
Krissy loves to read
Did you ever read a line in a book over and over wishing you had some sort of power to change what it said?! " It can't be, itjust can't, wait let me see if I read it right." Well that was me! Alexis Noelle what are you doing to me?! I'm over the half way mark and my whole body is reacting like I'm one of these characters.....this is what total character connection feels like..
So I just finished.....and I just need and I mean I need the next one like right now! Alexis Noelle you know how to deli
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jan 27, 2015 Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Ok here goes…no wait… I still need a minute…ok now I can write my review…but no wait I think I still need a minute….oh heck what did Alexis Noelle do to me I can't even put my thoughts down right now my mind is such a mess. I thought the ending to volume one was bad...oh, I so need volume III and this needs to be fixed NOW! Ok I think I can do this now.

Cam’s unit is dead yes everyone gone except Jacob. Shay is not coping, she has shut e
Kendra Needs
Feb 19, 2015 Kendra Needs rated it really liked it
WOW WOW is all I have to say....
Book two picks up 120 days after the military delivered the news that Cam was killed while on a mission and we find Shay in shambles, not eating, reading emails or messages. The only person she is talking to is her mother and even then its only to tell her mother to ask everyone to leave her alone. Shay is especially ignoring one person and that is Jacob, he somehow survived when all the other members Cams teams were killed.

When there is a knock at the door Shay i
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
HI MY NAME IS AMIE AND I READ SERIALS BECAUSE I LOVE TO BE TORTURED...
I may have sent a not so nice email to Alexis when the packet came through for this post...

As if book 1 didn't have enough of a cliffy that just tortured us assuming we knew who was at the door and why , now we are left with an OMG WTF moment , and I admit I must be an idiot because I just didn't even feel that on my radar , maybe it was a thought but I guess I was living in the moment.

This part starts a few months after book
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Feb 17, 2015 BooksandBeyondFiftyShades rated it it was amazing

* * * * * 5 Star Review

Shay's world has come to a complete stop when she received the worse news an army wife can get, "Am sorry to informed you, your husband has been killed in action." At that moment she knew her world had change forever.

Jacob knew he had to do everything in his power to get Shay out of her depression, he knew Cam wouldn't wanted his wife to be the way she is right now. He also knew the guilt he was feeling knowing he was the only survivor from his platoon and he had no one t
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Feb 25, 2015 Dawn Nicole Costiera rated it really liked it
I have to give credit where credit is due.... Alexis Noelle blew me out of the water in Fractured 2. Not what I expected at all. I was quite shocked actually. I love when that happens, because it doesn't happen often. Great job. Very pleasantly surprised!! Alexis has now caught my attention......

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, because I don't want to give anything away. I enjoyed the first book, but the second is extremely gripping and takes you on an unexpected path! I was totally absor
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoon Worthy Books /Enticing Journey Boo
Fractured Volume Two
By: Alexis Noelle

5 Stars
Reviewed by: Stephannie

The worst happened, you know what we begged and pleaded to not be true happened. Now how to deal with the lost of the person you love the most. How can you go on when all you want to do is be with the love one who is now gone.

An unwanted visitor forces his or her way into her loss making her deal with it. Their goal is to help her return to normalcy. But what happens when that person becomes someone you lean on and feelings are d
Lita Thomas
Feb 15, 2015 Lita Thomas rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy for a honest review.Fractured volume 2 is the next book in the Fractured series. The book picks up 4 months after Shay received the devastating news that the love of her life, a man she has been with for ten years and recently married was killed while on deployment in Afghanistan. She is an emotional and physical wreck. She has closed herself up for the past 4 months and the only person she has spoken to has been her mother. One day someone opens her front door and challenges ...more
Jaime
Feb 11, 2015 Jaime rated it it was amazing
I received this book for an honest review.

I think I am forming a love/hate relationship with this author.
She has hooked me from the first sentence in book 1, ended it the way she did, so I needed to know what happened.
I was excited to see book 2, and OMG the ending for book two made me yell at a few curse words!

The book starts out as we see Shay's heart break and her avoiding all things and people.
Enter Jacob who made a promise to Cam to take care Shay.
He moves in with her to get her bette
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
This picks up a few months after Fractured and Shay's reality has changed since the first book. She is shutting people out and when she doesn't look like she will be helping herself someone unexpected shows up at her door.

She doesn't want him to be there. She fights it and wants him gone but when she realizes that he also needs the same thing...everything changes. Can they help one another move only will they forever be fractured?

I don't want to spoil anything and that is why this is so short.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 15, 2015 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it it was amazing
This is Volume Two and it can not be read as a standalone. You must start with Volume One. This one picks up where the first one left off. Shay is dealing with a tragic loss and she's not doing well. Jacob was kind of a mystery in the last book and didn't interact much with Shay. In this book he's the one to come to the rescue. Shay doesn't want him around. No matter what she does Jacob still stays. We find out a lot about Jacob is this one. I though he was a little creepy in the first one but i ...more
Tiffany Readz
Feb 10, 2015 Tiffany Readz rated it it was amazing
This girl is killing me!!!

Again we are given a short, maybe not as sexy story but still good, and are socked in the gut with that friggin ending!! Alexis Noelle is lucky she's cranking this series out quickly, or I would have hunted her down. This review may contain spoilers for volume one, so read at your own risk.

She's at the lowest point she can go. Heartbroken. Sad. Depressed. Lonely. Shay has been cooped up in her house for the last four months. The unexpected barges in to her pitiful exist
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Fractured 2 picks up a few months where the first book left off. Shay is heartbroken and is lost in her own grief. She doesn't care about anything or anyone and when someone shows up at her door to help her she rebels. After a while she's pulled from her sadness and she sees light at the end of the tunnel. Who will be with her at the end?

I pick the slice of pizza up off the plate and, without caring about the consequences, throw it as his smug-self-righteous face. "That made me feel less cranky
Jen Cothran
Picking up after the end of book one was amazing, you just have to read book one before picking up this one!! It's a MUST!! But the way this story moves is pure heart. Sometimes things happen that can't be explained but the way the writer captures the emotions and suspense is incredible. I can't say much more without leaving spoilers so ... GRAB THESE AND READ THEM!!

WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! you will be left with a cliff-hanger...OMG a cliff-hanger!! Thankfully though you wont have to wait
Jacquie Howard
Feb 23, 2015 Jacquie Howard rated it really liked it
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Jacquie / Scandalous Book Blog***
This novella starts about 3 months after the the ending of the first books and we see Shay heartbroken and refusing to leave the house or speak to anyone.
One day her husband’s friend and colleague turns up on her doorstep demanding entry and moves in until she’s feeling better.
Thats about all I can say without spoiling the story but I will say Alexis another heart breaking cliffie, really.
So looking forward to th
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Jan 24, 2015 wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks) rated it really liked it
* * ARC received on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

This books are never long enough.
we see shay trying to mourn the loss of her husband cam, she kept herself shut up in her house for months til Jacob a platoon member shows up invading her life. He's fulfilling a promise he made to cam to look out for shay. they both are dealing with loss, the platoon was his only family and cam was all of Shays life. The more time the spend together feelings start to surface, but a shockin
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Feb 17, 2015 Babbling Chatter Reads rated it really liked it
Moving on is never an easy thing especially when the beautiful, perfect life that you were starting a new chapter with the love of your life gets taken away from you. Can a push from someone you are less unlikely to see help you grieve and move on with your life?

“No more living in the dark. Time to step into the light.”

When is it okay to move on and be happy again? The 4.5 stars read had me feeling so much from such a quick read and leave you once again with a cliffhanger that will shock you to
DJ Sakata
Jan 29, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

“I used to call the other wives the military mafia. Mainly because they always preached loyalty, and they scared the crap out of me.”

My Review:

Hmm, I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the first volume, as the character is grieving to the point of malfunction. The drama is a bit over-blown with that but thankfully it didn’t last too long, then things get more interesting with a new arrival. When things get really interesting, arg – another damn cliffhanger! What - a - tease! I want
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jan 24, 2015 Fee (Ebook Addicts) rated it it was amazing
O.M.G What a cliffhange!
This picks up a few months after the end of Vol 1 and Shay is still struggling with Cam's death and also going through a love/hate relationship with Jacob.
Shay finally, after months starts living again and it all thanks to Jacob. When they realise they are startin to have feelings and take it slow - we are hit with a very OH MY GOD cliffhanger!!!!!
Vol 3 cant come out quick enough!!
« previous 1 3 next »
Alexis Noelle lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her husband, and three kids. On top a writing career, she is a full-time student and a full-time mom. She loves spending time with her kids, although she has to hide the computer from them when she is writing! She love being active and being outdoors, especially if it involves any kind of shopping.
She has always been passionate about writing.
More about Alexis Noelle...

Fractured Serials (3 books)
  • Fractured: Volume One (Fractured, #1)
  • Fractured: Volume Three (Fractured, #3)