Start by marking “Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)” as Want to Read:
Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)

Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister

(Philippa Fisher #1)

Philippa Fisher tries & fails to summon a fairy, but is taken aback when Daisy, the new girl at school, announces that she is her fairy godmother - or godsister, since they are the same age. Daisy is not best pleased with Philippa, but she has a mission to fulfil & is obliged to stick with her until she has granted her three wishes.
Published March 5th 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published February 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister, please sign up.
Floating Head of Misery Old question but I’ll answer it anyway, in case someone else is wondering the same thing; it’s a middle grade book, so the age level is about 9+
Hallie 274 pages. You can find out by looking on the book's goodreads page.…more274 pages. You can find out by looking on the book's goodreads page.(less)

Start your review of Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)
Miss Clark
Pretty generic tale of an eleven year old girl with low self-esteem and a large amount of dissatisfaction with her life who meets a fairy that will grant her three wishes. Of course, the wishes go awry. Which in turn is an opportunity for Philippa to learn something important. The fairy's life is tied to that of a daisy flower and she too is supposed to learn something from this encounter, namely compassion and empathy.

The good old "Be Careful What You Wish For" and "Discover the power of being
Dominique
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Philipia Fisher's fairy godsister is about a eleven year old girl named Philipia and her best friend Chalotte moved away.After making a traditional daisy chain in her backyard Philipia soon finds out that its actually a fairy godmother named Daisy.Daisy explains that she is here to grant philipia 3 wishes,but she soon realizes that theres a twist to every wish.

My opinion was that this book was very good and I wouldn't change one single thing about it.

I recomend this book to anyone who is interes
Ali
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Philippa fisher picked a daisy. She knew at midnight that it would turn into a fairy. Soon she started to not believe it. Philippa threw the daisy out of the window. At school there was a knew girl. She said that she had been thrown out of a window to Philippa. At once Philippa knew that this was the fairy.

Soon the two became friends. The fairy told Philippa that she would die soon. Philippa was so sad.
Will they ever see each other again? To know just read the next book.

I love these books. I r
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale

This was cute. 😊
Adeline
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having a fairy godsister... Sound interesting, right? Really pulls you in to where you feel like you have to read it. And that's good! This book lives up to everything it sounds like. Such a well-written story with genius hidden into the pages. Great for anyone who's read a fantasy, a perfect series for you to start. All the characters are relatable. I think anyone, especially you, would love it! ...more
Elena
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Phillipa Fisher's friend was going from the town and this was the last day she could see her and of course Phillipa was really sad about it. Phillipa invited her friend to come say good-bye to her in her house. They were both having a really good time when they were doing daisy necklaces to each other when, Phillipa knew she saw fairy in the flower. She didn't want to tell her friend because her friend always thought she was crazy. She decided just to keep the flower until her friend went. Phill ...more
Emma
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just finished Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister by Liz Kessler. Its genre is a fairytale because it is about fairies. The main characters are Daisy and Philippa. Daisy is a fairy that grants Philippa 3 wishes, and comes as a girl. Philippa just had her friend Charlotte move away. She was glad to have Daisy as a friend. Daisy was treated meanly by some girls and nicely by others. Philippa was treated badly and nicely, too by the same girls.
This happens in Philippa’s backyard and school when Ph
Saige Holcomb
I think "Philippa Fisher's and the Fairy Godsister" is a great book. One thing that I still wonder about in this book is how did Philippa's enemy Trisha Miles find out about Philippa having a fairy granting her wishes. I like the part where Daisy and Philippa officially become friends. The sad part was that The fairy who was granting her wishes had to leave at the end.

"Philippa Fisher's and the Fairy Godsister" is about a girl named Philippa whose best friend just moved away, but a fairy is assi
Michelle Wu
Apr 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I would give this book a 4 star rating - there were some parts of the book I really didn't liked about - but other than that - it's great ! it's got a natural soothing sound like the waves at the beach. My favorite character is Daisy French, even though she seems to be like a short-tempered kind of girl, but later on she opens up her heart to Philippa. I was really angry about Philippa that she threw out Daisy out the window, I mean like if I was Daisy, I would know how it would feel if you're " ...more
toonepersonyoumaybetheworld
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. After I read the first five pages I could not out this book down. I was almost positive that I was going to like this book because of the way the back of the book described the story and how it was about a fairy because usually I don't read books about fairy's and noticeable unreal things. This book was very good and I was very surprised I liked it.

One thing I did not like is how the fairy, Daisy, was a real sized human and she could go to school with Phillipa. I thin
Sandie
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very good. I have read a zillion stories with the whole three wishes and fairy godmother idea, but this one was very cute and nicely done.

I love the whole moral of this story. The little girl thought she wanted all these things different in her life and when she got her wishes, it turned out that she really did love her life before and missed it after she changed it with the wishes. She discovered that she was liked not for herself but because of the fairy magic and that
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Oh this is a cute story. Who wouldnt want a fairy assigned to you right? The story is about friendship and being true to each other. We will always have this bestfriend who would be there for us no matter what happens. I like Philippa and Daisy's friendship even if Daisy's assignment is finished i know she'll always be there for Philippa and she'll always be her bestfriend. Fairy stories are sooooo cute!! Cant wait for the next book. :) ...more
Mandie
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Philippa does NOT, cannot, believe that faires exist. However, her arguments and explanations can't dispute that fact that a fairy has handed her 3 wish vouchers, redeemable in the next 10 days. Perhpas the strangest thing of all is how much the fairy seems to hate Philippa, just what is going on?! ...more
Meagan Hendershot
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific book! It is about a fairy named Daisy, who does not like humans that much, coming to a girl named Philippa on a mission to grant her three wishes. When Philippa makes her wishes they do not turn out as good as they sounded. It is also about the friendship between Daisy and Philippa, which has its ups and downs.
Christina
Feb 11, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Cute story about a girl who is unhappy with her life and wants to change it only to realize it's that way for a reason. Not the world's greatest writing but I had to pick it up after one of my fifth graders raved about it. Great for that age. ...more
Caedy  Eries
Title: Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister (Philipa Fisher #1)
Author: Liz Kessler
Rating: 3/5

Summary: Philippa Fisher is just your average eleven-and-a-half-year-old girl. She's a bit shy and not the most popular girl at school. But all that changes one day when a new girl named Daisy arrives at school and reluctantly confesses that she is Philippa's very own fairy godsister.
Unfortunately for Philippa, Daisy is a fairy who is not too fond of humans, and so she is not pleased about having to help P
Catherine
Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister by Liz Kessler
Fantasy
✯✯✯✯✯ out of 5 stars

“The daisy was going to turn into a fairy at midnight!" Philippa Fisher is the main character of the book. She is extremely sad when her best friend Charlotte moves away. She then tries to summon a fairy, but does not have any luck because she fails. Then, there is a new girl in class, Daisy. Daisy announces one day that she is Philippa’s fairy godsister and that she is there to grant Philippa three wishes. Philippa is ta
Kat  Hooper
Aug 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

Philippa Fisher is your average 11½ year old — her parents are embarrassing and she wishes she was popular. When her best friend moves away, she is so sad that she comes to the attention of the fairy godmothers. They assign Daisy, who’s never worked with humans before, to Philippa’s case. Daisy must grant Philippa three wishes, but Daisy also has her own lessons to learn about compassion if she wants to advance in fairy society.

I listened to the audiobook
Hannah S.
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing! It's in the fantasy genre, but the characters are relatable. ...more
Tabatha B
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
February
Philippa Fisher's Fairy God sister
By: Liz Kessler

Philippa doesn't live a normal life. All she wants is a fairy godmother. Instead she gets Daisy. Daisy is her fairy god sister. Now she can wish for anything she wants. In the process of making these wishes, she wished for something she regretted. Her and Daisy don't get along at all, they always get on each others nerves. The thing is that these wishes have made a big mess. The two girls need to come to a conclusion to help fix the mess.
Bridget Moore
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this has a great base to it and love 'the grass is not always greener' theme to the book. I think it's good for children to be able to see that for themselves in the varying situations. Definitely a relatable book for young girls.

I love the imagination that is used and the ideas that go along with it. I do wish the acronyms used were explained earlier on.
Evelyn
Jul 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Cute book! And great moral/meaning!!!
Madeleine Sullivan
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it
It was a pretty good book
Abigail  F
Jan 11, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cinderella
I had high hopes for this early reader/middle grade novel. The idea of a fairy godsister who would be your age and go to school with you and help you sort out your life? So much potential for exciting moments and humorous mishaps! Yet, this novel didn't really deliver on the promise of fun... in fact, the stakes seemed absurdly high for Daisy, the fairy godsister, and ridiculously low for Phillipa.

The premise is that Daisy, so named because Phillipa picked her as a daisy before she turned into
Siobhan Mackie
Philippa's best friend Charlotte is moving away to the middle of nowhere, and Philippa is distraught. It means that she'll have no one to support her when her weird and wacky parents embarrass her with their yellow VW camper, no one to talk to, and no one to share her treehouse with. Philippa is so sad that the fairy department 3WD (three wish dept.) decide to send a fairy godmother to her, in the hopes it will cheer her up. Daisy, the fairy they send, really doesn't want to be there. She is enr ...more
Athena
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've had this book for as long as I could remember, and it was given to me in middle school by a family member that I consider to be my sister. Over the years I wanted to read this book but could never get into the mood for it, but I'm glad I held on to it. The lessons in this book are just beautiful and even looking at this with an older person's view, I think it's something that any 12 year old kid, especially ones who are bullied or struggling with confidence, should read.

I nearly cried at t
rafia ✿
May 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 stars ✧

this was a solid read, especially for a children's book!! i wasn't expecting it to be this fun. i literally only picked this up because I have owned the second book since I was a child ( and i only picked that up because of the cover, I'm 100% sure because 1- it's the second book? 2- i never read it lmao. )

Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2) by Liz Kessler

i mean look at it .... 12 year old me definitely devoured this cover and left it on the shelf to rot afterward because my fnaf obsession begun. ♡

this definitely follows the common
Suzanne
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for tween girls. I read it with my daughter this month and she already wants the second one. She started off saying she wasn’t interested, but after a few chapters she was hooked. It has great lessons as both Philippa and the fairy (Daisy) have important things to learn. Philippa learns being popular isn’t all its cracked up to be. She learns to love herself no matter what people think. Daisy learns what it means to be a true friend. We are getting the second book very soon ...more
Maggie Ignasiak
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-reader
I hate to give this one such a low rating, because if I really could, I'd give it a 2.5, but if I mark it as a three, and I reference it later, I'll imagine it was on the better side of okay. A lot of the character growth seemed superficial. It's a children's book, but I think especially compared to Emily Windsnap, this one just falls short. I also wanted more fairy background information, but it was pretty 2D. ...more
Hazel (and Nutsy)
first of all, I am in LOVE with this cover!!!! The actual book was pretty good. It was unique and creative but at the same time kind of generic. I was sincerely worried that they would not turn out all right, but the friendships were not very creative. I thought it was pretty unrealistic how fast their friendship elevated from enemies to literally like in love so quickly without much explanation. But overall, the plot was good, and it wasn't boring. I recommend for younger readers. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 2 15 Jul 22, 2018 04:33PM
Book 4 19 Nov 29, 2013 09:41PM

• Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • Taking the Cake! (Confectionately Yours, #2)
  • Dumpling Days
  • The Problim Children
  • Cake Pop Crush (Wish, #1)
  • Once Upon a Time: A Story Collection (Ever After High)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • Pegasus and the New Olympians (Pegasus, #3)
  • Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus (Pegasus, #2)
  • Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus (Pegasus, #4)
  • Pegasus and the Rise of the Titans (Pegasus, #5)
  • The End of Olympus (Pegasus, #6)
  • Starry River of the Sky
  • Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #2)
  • The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1)
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • The Frog Princess (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
See top shelves…
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.

Philippa Fisher (3 books)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)