Start by marking “Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)

Wicked

(A Wicked Trilogy #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  20,891 ratings  ·  2,645 reviews
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world
Published December 2014 by Jennifer L. Armentrout

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Dichotomy Girl Omg, this. I was coming here to make this exact point. It's a major plot hole, and I am having a hard time not thinking about it as I try to read book…moreOmg, this. I was coming here to make this exact point. It's a major plot hole, and I am having a hard time not thinking about it as I try to read book #2.(less)
Laura Yes, there is. As in many other new adult books, sex is pretty explicit.

·  20,891 ratings  ·  2,645 reviews

Sasha Alsberg
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer wrote this book, so of course it was fantastic!!!!!
Lola
description

B-But…I usually love Jennifer L. Armentrout’s work! Her characters always feel like they could just jump off the page and stand before you, and her writing always flows perfectly with the story and pacing. Yet, this did not work for me. I had déjà vu sensations at many points into the novel, as if I’ve read this kind of story many times before, NA and its oh-so-imminent aspects aside. It actually felt like the author inspired some of her story’s constituents from The Hollows, Fever and the Nigh
Wendy Higgins
Jen has done it again.
Where does she come up with this stuff?? I need to dive into her mind for a day to steal some plots, seriously.
I've read a lot of fae stories and even written one myself, but Jen's take on the fae? So fun. Just awesome.
And Tink might be my favorite character ever, hands down - I got the crazy giggles in some of his scenes.
*happy sigh*
Patrycja
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, new-adult, pnr-uf-sf
4 super sexy stars!!

Angela
I'm pretty sure I start off every review for a book that Jla writes by saying something along the lines of this... JLA HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! Another amazing novel. This lady can write anything. Contemporary, paranormal romance, NA lit, anything. If she published her target shopping list I would read it because I know she would make it amazing. Wicked was so wicked!!! Too me it was like the polar opposite of her Dark Elements series and I loved that (I love The Dark Elements)!I just loved that it ...more
Kassidy
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5*

So good! I need the sequel now!!
Wicked is a hot romance set in a world where supernatural creatures exist, and the lovers must put their lives on the line to keep the people of New Orleans safe. The setting is vivid, the characters endearing, and there is a perfect balance of danger and beauty.

Jennifer Kyle
I loved the cover but the story was...

description

Ivy Morgan is a red headed Fae hunter who lives in New Orleans. She is a member of The Order protecting us humans from the lurking Fae. Ivy meets Ren Owens who is new to the area and this chapter of The Order from Colorado. They slowly fall in love all the while they are working together trying to figure out what is going on with Ancients and their plan to use the gateways to enter our world.

The writing just didn’t measure up to the Lux Series to me and the
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 Tink stars!

“I'm a lot of things, but today I'm your fucking saving grace.”

photo wickedjlacollage.png

This one was a nice surprise! After seeing a handful of negative reviews on this one, I went into it with lowered expectations. I came out of this reading experience a very happy girl! And after 2 previous books I DNF'd, I need this gem of a story.

First off, this book is very much New Adult genre, so don't go into it thinking it's YA. The fact that in Chapter 1 the MC is discussing getting laid and orgasms is th
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
As expected, this book rocked!!🖤
Really reminded me of what the shadowhunters do but in this case they're hunting Fae and ancients.. not demons, in my opinion they're both evil creatures that give people headaches.

The entire story was fascinating and just overall kickass awesome which made it very hard for me to set it down.

As expected, Ivy and Ren are amazing and I'm already shipping them but my other favorite would seriously have to be Tink. His personality and views regarding the world arou
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Wicked Oh my so deliciously wicked Stars

“I'm a lot of things, but today I'm your fucking saving grace.”

Kickass heroine ✓
Fae ✓
Sexy times ✓
Cliffhanger OH IT HURTS SO GOOD ✓

NEED NEXT NOW!

New Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout??

description

Another reason for my excitement...
Ren Owens is six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm.

Can't wait!!
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Wicked was seductive, insanely addicting and had moments that were oh so funny.  I love picking up a Jennifer Armentrout book there's a great chance that I'm going to love the story.  But somehow I always forget how deeply immersed I become with the storyline and the characters.  So by the time I got to the end of Wicked, I couldn't help shaking my head because I had tears pouring down my face.  Again.  I don't know why I'm always shocked that I feel every single tiny moment of joy, hope and utt ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Chapter One
Sweat dotted my brow. Tendrils of red hair clung to my neck. My legs felt like I’d been sitting in a sauna. I was pretty sure there was a waterfall of sweat coursing between my breasts, and that alone put my mood somewhere between slapping someone and pushing them in front of a trolley.
It was so hot and sticky humid that I was seriously beginning to believe that New Orleans was one of the seven circles of hell and the outdoor seating area of the Palace Café was the gateway. Or the wai
Maria Clara
Tengo que reconocer que desde que vi la caratula de este libro que deseé leerlo. Además, también había la expectación de estrenar autora, y eso siempre es un añadido. Pero, no sé, al empezar su lectura tuve la sensación de que no nos explicaba nada nuevo, que el argumento en sí era muy predecible y que no iba a sufrir en ningún momento. Como en realidad ha sido. Sin embargo, no puedo negar que me quedé con las ganas de saber cómo continua y eso siempre dice algo positivo.
Andreea Pop
Aug 11, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
New JLA book? NEW ADULT PARANORMAL?! With Fae??

Well, hello there, instant *grabby hands* book.

The main character is badass and fierce and the hero is similar to Cam. Freaking, swoon-worthy, amazing Cam. Oh, dear.

And it comes out in December!! Eeeep! This just gets better and better.

It's gonna be bloody fantastic, I can tell already.
Nicole
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Was it enjoyable? Yeah. Was it original? Nope.
(view spoiler)

Elena
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say that the ending was shocking or anything, but OH MY that doesn't mean I'm by any means okay with it!

Even though I love Jennifer L. Armentrout and I adore or at least like all of her books , I was quite anxious going into this one. Excited, but anxious. There is always the chance that you won't like a book that much, even, no ESPECIALLY, if you love the author.
Wicked sounded interesting, but not that promising.
So, now I'm even happier to be able to tell you: I absolutely loved this
Krissysch
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wie immer schafft es Jennifer L. Armentrout hier eine tolle und spannende Geschichte hervorzubringen. Sympathische Charaktere, actionreiche Handlung und die richtige Menge an Romantik. Ich bib gespannt auf Band 2!
Renata
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No sé si lo dije pero Jennifer Armentrout es una autora que aunque sus novelas no tengan un impacto en tu vida, consiguen engancharte muchísimo y aunque tiene muchos clichés y ves algunas veces hacía donde irán las cosas, sigue sorprendiéndome. Cazadora de hadas es la primera parte de una trilogía que espero que llegue a ser algo grande por que creo que la historia puede dar para mucho más que solo Ivy y Ren. Jennifer, como siempre, tiene el chico excesivamente guapo y la chica fuerte que querie ...more
Jen
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult-18
Jennifer L. Armentrout never fails to surprise me. First aliens, then demigods, followed by gargoyles, and now Fae. IS THERE ANY PARANORMAL CREATURE SHE CAN'T MAKE ME LOVE?!

Probably not.

Except maybe---owls. I don't think even she could change my mind about owls. And yes, they totally count as paranormal.

WICKED is not your average Fae story but it has all the elements I have come to expect and love in a JLA book; strong characters, witty banter, a great story and face fanning romance. It's fa
Liz

Not even bothering with a long review.

Predictable.
So predictable.
Fucking awful. I could tell what would happen and in what order after 50 pages and oh-wow, it happened exactly like that. Damn, that was beyond boring.
Ivy's insta-lust and Ren's oh-so-clever remarks. It was nice with Damon, you know? It was tolerable in Sentinel, but pulling off the same shit in a third series? No. Just no.
And then the plot twists and Ivy's brilliant ideas?

The only character I liked was Merle. And even she was
justmiaslife
Ich würde mich zwar selbst nicht zu den Die-Heart Fans von Jennifer L. Armentrout bezeichnen, aber trotzdem freue mich immer wieder etwas von der Autorin zu lesen. Da ich aber auch schon manche Fehlgriffe gemacht habe und zu nicht so starken Büchern von ihr gegriffen habe, versuche ich mit möglichst keinen Erwartungen an die Geschichte dranzugehen. So war es auch beim Auftakt ihrer neuen Trilogie und ich muss sagen, dass mich "Wicked" mehr als nur begeistert hat.

Das Buch war nicht perfekt, leide
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Jennifer L. Armentrout writes a wonderful paranormal romance with twists and turns along the way. With the New Orleans setting and the lively characters this book will have you engaged from start to finish.

Classic JLA. I kind of got hints from The Dark Elements Series and some from The Covenant Series and even some from The Lux Series. With the heroine being a fighter against some sort of evil and a love interest or two. There’s always some type of halflin
Laz
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal lovers
By now I've read JLA a hundred times, I've read most of her books and each and every time she surprises me by how much she still has to give. She writes fun books that you just can't help liking, she is one of the best of her kind. I'm a sucker for paranormalcy.

This one was really wicked. Like really wicked and naughty. I guess maybe because it was new-adult and not young-adult like her previous paranormal works. Nonetheless, I liked it because it was action-packed and the storyline was such tha
Stacey is Sassy
It was OK...ish

I think I set my expectations too high. I've had Wicked on my to be read list for yonky donks but never got around to reading it. Saw it on audio, and decided to give it a try. I think the biggest problem was that I would be completely distracted by...stuff, and realise I've missed the last few minutes of whatever the heck had happened. It didn't take me any longer to listen but that was because I decided to not go back and hope for the best. Maybe I should have gone back...

I didn
leni
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, e-book

well.
it was okay, i guess.
nothing special. nothing fancy. lots of bad fae.
Valerie
I adore JLA books and the biggest reason is her characters. I adore Aiden from The Covenant series. I came to love Seth as he finished that same series and spun-off to his own, Titans series. Then there's Daemon from the Lux series. He's in a league of his own. But if you take all the things I love about each of these guys and combine them into one guy, you would have Ren from Wicked.

He is gorgeous. He is snarky. He is straight forward about his attraction to Ivy. He is so sexy as he's always
‘Jennifer | Wortgetreu
Leider waren die zwei großen Punkte, die für Überraschung sorgen sollten, meiner Meinung nach recht vorhersehbar und trotzdem hat mir das Buch sehr gut gefallen. Ich mag einfach den Schreibstil der Autorin und habe mich nach der Obsidian und Dark Elements Reihen, nach einer neuen Fantasy Reihe von ihr gesehnt und freue mich nun unheimlich, auf Band zwei.
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
description

So... I started reading Wicked thinking this would be the book I vote for on goodreads Choice Awards 2015. But nope, not me. This book feels like Karen Marie Moning's Fever ugly stepsister. I tried telling myself it's me and not the book. But that's not true. Everything seems forced and underdeveloped in Wicked.

Ok, what's the book about? Faeries, evil faeries, and the Order, a secret group of people trained to hunt them down and kill them. Merida Ivy is such a warrior. She falls in love with Ren
Ana M.
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No sé qué me pasa últimamente. No sé si estoy en modo muy exigente o tengo un bloqueo en el que nada me termina por encantar. Cazadora de hadas tenía muchas ganas de leerlo desde hace tiempo y con el paso del tiempo mi curiosidad fue en aumento. Al estar leyendo al mismo tiempo la saga Cazadores oscuros pensé que sería bastante parecido ya que comparten escenario y tiene pequeñas similitudes, pero nada de eso. Este libro cuenta con sus propias criaturas aunque el tema de la fantasía urbana sea s ...more
Ashley
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
so you know those books that you can't really decide how you feel about them...because they are neither good nor bad? that's this book.

I, for the most part, love JLA....I did not love this one. I couldn't connect with the characters and it seemed lacking. It got better near the end....the ending makes me actually want to read the sequel when it comes out...but only because I want to see how it turns out...not for any love for the characters.
  • The Fall
  • Touching Eternity (Touch, #1.5)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas: A Split Short Story
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Inspire (The Muse, #1)
  • Verona Blood (California Blood, #1)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Crescendo
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

A Wicked Trilogy (3 books)
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)
“Grabbing a scarf off the chair, I threw it at him.

He caught it, clutching it to his chest as he flew into the air. "You gave Tink a scarf. Tink is free!" He flew out into the hallway like a little cracked-out fairy, screeching, "Tink is freeeeee!"

Ren looked at me. "What the actual f**k?"
I sighed. "He's obsessed with Harry Potter. I'm sorry."

Tink darted back into the room, holding the scarf to his bare chest. "There is no reason to apologize when it comes to Harry Potter."
"You do remember what happened to Dobby, right?" I said.

"S**t." Tink's eyes widened and he dropped the scarf.”
122 likes
“You wouldn't lie to me, would you, Tink?" "No." He grinned. "You have Amazon Prime.” 68 likes