Start by marking “Triple Witch (Home Repair is Homicide, #2)” as Want to Read:
Triple Witch (Home Repair is Homicide, #2)

Triple Witch

(Home Repair is Homicide #2)

Jacobia Tiptree saved her sanity—and her son, Sam—the day she abandoned Wall Street for the seacoast village of Eastport, Maine. In her new home, a charmingly dialpidated fixer-upper, she looks forward to repairing old radiators and restoring antique shutter for years to come. But Jake's hopes of serenity are dashed when tiny Eastport erupts in a crime wave.

Hometown bad bo
Published June 1999 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Triple Witch, please sign up.

Lynn Pribus
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd listened on CD (with some difficulty) to #1 in this series while on vacation and got this one (in print) upon return. Jacobia deals with the same interesting characters, problems with her aged house, son, and ex-husband, and suspicious deaths in a small town.

A bit heavy on the HIBK* but basically a tongue-in-cheek cozy despite 3 murders. You know that everything mentioned from llamas to wax bullets filled with ketchup to evil 6-y-o Sadie will play key parts in the plot, but it's still engagi
Rachel
Jan C
May 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jan C by: Pam
Shelves: mystery, water
I enjoy this series. It's nothing really serious, but kind of the light side and a quick read. I usually describe it as Miss Marple meets This Old House. The main character is rehabbing her "new" old house in Eastport, Maine. She was formerly a financial wizard from Wall Street who apparently sometimes worked with mobsters and the SEC.

So you can pick up tips on both investing and rehabbing in these books. But I don't know if any of them are true or not. For instance, she indicates that if you pa
Jodi
May 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-read, kindle
Jacobia Tiptree was a Wall Street wizard who abandoned it all for a fixer-upper in Maine with her son Sam. Among the things she abandoned was an ex-husband, a brilliant surgeon, a truly lousy husband. When Jacobia and her friend Ellie uncover the dead body of the local bad-boy-stayed-bad, she couldn't have known it would tie into her old life, but not only does it tie in, that one dead body starts a cascade of events that almost gets both women killed. Eastport, Maine is exactly what you would e ...more
Karendenice
This book is #2 in this series. It was just okay to me. The only other one that I have read in this series is #4 Repair to Her Grave and it was a whole lot better. It's set in Maine which is where I would love to live and retire to.There is a woman named Jake (Jacobia) and her son Sam that moved to Maine from the city. She bought an old house and is doing her own home repairs as well as solving murders with her best friend Ellie. The first book had a lot of funny parts in it. This one didn't. I' ...more
Susan
I have been re-reading this series after a few years. I have also been remembering how much I enjoy these books. This episode, the second of the series, contains a satisfying mystery with some exciting plot points.

I really like the protagonist, Jacobia (Jake) Tiptree. This book continues the development of Jake and the relationships she has with her friends and family and ex-husband. In her character, Jake Tiptree, the author, Sarah Graves, portrays a very real-seeming woman recovering from an
Cindy
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting mystery. Some anti-Christian reference (sad). No bad language or sex, some violence - it's a mystery, afterall. Narrated well and, unlike some female narrators, clearly by Lindsey Ellison.
Judy
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
A beach read at best. I got tired of the main character talking to herself all the time while her ex-husband who she should talk with just keeps running over her. I like women with a purpose not just there.
Cyndi
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
These books are cute. Not alot of substance, kinda entertaining.
Tom
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting mystery but there was so much going on that wasn't part of the crime it seemed to bog down. will try another if I come across one.
Kelley
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Note: I may or may not come back and write more of a review, but I wanted to get some notes down.

I started this series, Home Repair is Homicide, with this second book instead of the first, mainly because this is the one that was available at my library. Honestly, I love stories about old and maybe haunted houses, and that's what drew me to it. I've continued to read them, depending on availability at the library, and they are growing on me.

First things first, it's a good cozy series. I like the
Renee
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A few months ago I started searching area libraries for books, as this one, in the Home Repair is Homicide series. It's set in Eastport, Maine, and the protagonist is a former NYC trader/investment advisor who not only left her egotistical, abusive neurosurgeon husband, but who decided to move far away from the City when her son started hanging with a crowd that was into using drugs.

Even without the mystery aspect, this is a pretty good plot set-up, right?

Graves' writing is wonderful and she cap
Carlin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I really enjoyed this book. Although I now have only two books in this series listed as "read" in Goodreads, I'm sure I have read several others (publication started in the 90s). I love the main characters, even Victor, Jacobia's ex, is a hoot! Jacobia (Jake) Tiptree used to be a high flying financial whiz on Wall Street before she left Victor, taking her teenaged son Sam to a remote island off the northern Maine coast. She is restoring an old house while solving mysteries with her best friend E ...more
Peter Barr
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Triple Witch is the second book by Sarah Graves in this series. I read one book by her previously but not in this series. I liked the other book better. If M.C. Beaton had written this book, Victor Tiptree would have been dead by page 3. Instead he is set up to be a recurring character in the series. I am a fan of M.C. Beaton. The main character (Jacobia Tiptree) is an intelligent character of strength and is likable but the book itself seemed to drag on forever. I'm not sure at this time if I'l ...more
Lori Gronewold
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Dora
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Triple Witch

Jacobia Tiptree and her son, Sam, live in a small coastal town in Maine where Jacobia is fixing up an old Victorian home. Jacobia is divorced from Victor probably the world’s most manipulative man. Jacobia used to be a stock trader and had done some research for the SEC that got Willoughby Baxter imprisoned for skimming funds.

There are three murders in the book that at first seem to be linked to drug smuggling. When Jacobia and Ellie find Ellie’s Old boyfriend washed up on the shore
Christy Kelly
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good tale from Sarah

I gave it a 4 because she gets a little monotonous on shutters. Jake's ex is very prominent throughout the entire book. He's obviously a millionaire several times over with his erratic behavior which borders on the absurd and unbelievable. Jake's behavior morphs her from the strong independent woman she was in book one to a virtual doormat. It's unrealistic that she suddenly let's Victor move onto her house going from the first book's feelings.
Krystle
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one didn't hold my attention as well as the first one did. It was a little confusing in that I felt like the characters kept getting mixed up in my head (the bad guys, I mean). I'll continue on with the series, but I wasn't overly impressed with this one. Felt like everything fell a little too conveniently into place at the end.
Bonnie
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting Tuff and Finding the Truth.

5 plus 100 more gold stars. Sarah Graves not only has a gift of being a writer, but she has one great series going A Home Repair is Homicide. A series that will delight anyone who loves a good mystery to read. Some language but most of all a book that will please mature people.
Ricki
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had forgotten how good this series is! Jacobia Tiptree (Jake) gave up the joys of Manhattan for Eastport, Maine..but the tiny town of Eastport has a crime wave like it has never seen before! Can the culprit behind these deeds be found? Yes, if Jake and her friends have any say in the matter!
Beth
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Storyline was ok.....but honestly, to Dang WORDY. No need to go all over the place, stick to the storyline. Probably the last one in this series I will be reading, with the exception of the hard copy books that I already own. Not in a hurry to pick them up now.
Tina
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy, mystery
Fun cozy mystery set in a quaint town on an island in Maine. Characters are likeable, setting is well described, and the plot fairly believable. Fans of cozies with strong female main characters will like this series.
Mary
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. I love the setting in Eastport, Maine. Jake is a clever tough lady , gets embroiled in three murders in this story and solving it isn’t easy.
Tina Miller
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Central action focuses more on family relationships, but confronting the truth (about many things) bolsters the story dramatically. I'm still enjoying the main character as narrator of the stories.
Kay
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just couldn't finish it. Too much non related stuff, main character letting her ex walk all over her, just got boring. I did read the end to see who did it, but even that I just skimmed.
Shannon
It was okay of a book but not very good one IMO
Bonnie Drummond
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story that will have you think about your ex husband and how to get rid of him while fixing up a old house and giving your only son the strength he need to talk to his father and trying to find out who killed a friend of hers and trying to stay alive to do all that and prepare for a lady from the Historical Society to look over the small town to get a grant that will help the town.
Dianne
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good introduction to the main characters and nice multi layered plot
Julia
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
love the tiptrees
Carol Sloan
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery

This is a fast read, a good set of characters with witty lines who get involved with murder in a small town in Maine. Enjoyed it
Play Book Tag: Triple Witch - Sarah Graves - 4 stars 1 11 Feb 04, 2016 08:26PM
  • Death Of An Obnoxious Tourist (Dotsy Lamb, #1)
  • The Alpine Recluse (Emma Lord, #18)
  • Flipped Out (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #5)
  • Dusted To Death (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #8)
  • Embrace the Grim Reaper (Grim Reaper Mystery, #1)
  • Bleeding Hearts (China Bayles, #14)
  • Shadows of a Down East Summer (Antique Print, #5)
  • The Corpse of St James's (Dorothy Martin #12)
  • Murder at the PTA (Beth Kennedy #1)
  • Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Circle, #4)
  • Wicked Weaves (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #1)
  • Kilt Dead (Liss MacCrimmon Mysteries, #1)
  • The Cat, the Mill and the Murder (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #5)
  • Pale as the Dead (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #1)
  • Haunt Couture and Ghosts Galore (A Haunted Vintage Mystery #3)
  • Bound for Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #3)
Sarah Graves lives with her husband John, a musician and luthier, and their black Labrador Retriever in a house very much like the one Jacobia Tiptree is remodeling in Eastport, Maine. When she's not writing Jake's adventures, Sarah works with her husband on the house and she plays the 5-string banjo.

Home Repair is Homicide (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Dead Cat Bounce (Home Repair is Homicide, #1)
  • Wicked Fix (Home Repair is Homicide, #3)
  • Repair to Her Grave (Home Repair is Homicide, #4)
  • Wreck the Halls (Home Repair is Homicide, #5)
  • Unhinged (Home Repair is Homicide, #6)
  • Mallets Aforethought (Home Repair is Homicide, #7)
  • Tool and Die (Home Repair is Homicide, #8)
  • Nail Biter (Home Repair is Homicide, #9)
  • Trap Door (Home Repair is Homicide, #10)
  • The Book of Old Houses (Home Repair is Homicide, #11)