Start by marking “Zombie-saurus Rex” as Want to Read:
Zombie-saurus Rex

Zombie-saurus Rex

Seventeen-year-old zombie Rex Morton would do anything to fit in at his new school and hold onto his first love.

Rex’s fiercely protective mother strong arms the yet another small town school district into accepting her son by threatening a lawsuit. At Plain View High, Rex falls for fiery goth girl, Ariella Klopenstein, the daughter of the Police Chief. While Rex struggles
Published December 23rd 2014 by Wet Coast Media

To ask other readers questions about Zombie-saurus Rex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie-saurus Rex

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I have a confession to make, zombie books just usually aren't my thing. I rarely read them, although I have a nasty habit of buying them because I always think they look good but when it comes to actually picking them up and trying them? Nope, it just doesn't happen.

But I wanted something different, something fun and this looked like just the read for that and plus, hello, zombies! Something I always tell myself I will try and read but rarely do, so win win right?

This was a fun read, it was fast
Claudette Melanson
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of zombie books, and the title of this one really caught my eye, because I really love dinosaurs too. Just so happens, the T-Rex is my favorite. But I digress... This book pulled me right in from the beginning. Some books I can't really get into because the writing is subpar or the characters fail to catch my interest, but the writing is solid and very effective at weaving together a story I couldn't wait to get back to when forced to put it down.

I love the way the author used an
Brigitte
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and to be honest, I didn't know quite what to expect since it is about Zombies, not usually my genre.

Rex, a bright young teenager was infected by a virus and is now a Zombie. His mother Cecilia is very protective of him and since his change they have moved to various places due to the prejudice he encounters at every school he attends. Cecilia takes great care in making sure that Rex gets what is required to keep his humanity.

They are now in Pl
Al
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: yalit
Read the full review on CBY Book Club: http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/201...

I must say I've never been more undecided about rating a book than I have been about rating Zombie-saurus Rex. From start to finish, I've been in two minds about the book. Given this is my second zombie novel - the first went down terribly - I didn't go into it with any expectations. I just sat back and allowed the characters to pull me into their world. I'm a big fan of the zombie genre (notably films) and I must say
Rachelle
I love starting the new year off with a great book, and 2015 was not a let-down. Zombie-saurus Rex is an exciting YA book that consists of all the elements for a top-notch read: romance, humor, and tragedy, to begin with. Rex Morgan is just your average junior in high school who loves playing football and aspires to be an engineer, minus being "average." Rex is a zombie who is sensitive, kind, and caring, hardly the monster that the people in his new high school fear he is. He longs for acceptan ...more
Kimme
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute zombie story.

Rex is awesome! His mom is just your typical mom of a zombie. Unconditional love is putting it lightly. Great story and cool characters. Sure it's a zombie story but it has a happy zombie ending.
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a review copy for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Zombie-saurus Rex was a really cool zombie story. Full of originality and fun, I cared about Rex. A lot. And I really wanted him to get a happy ending. I know, I know. He's a zombie. But he isn't like any other zombie I know, except maybe R from Warm Bodies. But Zombie-saurus Rex is completely different from Warm Bodies - in this novel, zombies can still do things like speak and go to school, but humans are leery of them
zaheerah
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Zombies are my favourite genres so when I found this I was pretty excited. (Not gonna lie the cover sort of creeped me out, title is sort of misleading - I'm not joking I was fully expecting rex to be half zombie half dinosaur -  and the plot vaguely reminded me of Warm Bodies)

Rex was infected by a unknown virus and is now a zombie, moving from town to town with his over protective mother, Cecilia, due to the prejudice he faces in each town. But this town he's determined to stay put after meeti
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
My Thoughts:

I found this book to be a new take on YA reading, with a look more toward overcoming adversity, rather than toward the emotions felt by the characters.

Throughout the book, we are met with several different points of view, giving the story several different perspectives. From the start, we are given the back story of our boy (well, zombie) Rex. He has been unlucky enough to become one of the new masses, who have the zombie virus. Due to this, and a frantic mother, he is always being m
Karyn
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun twist on a zombie story. For me, this seemed to be two books in one, which was pretty cool.

The first part of the book introduced us to Rex and his struggles of trying to fit in (or go unnoticed) in high school while being a zombie. During this part of the book, the author did a great job of making the reader really like Rex. The second part of the book is action packed and kept my heart pounding as the government came up with a new plan on how to deal with the zombie population. B
Jenna
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Rex is a 17 year old boy his life is not easy he’s been a zombie for some time now and he has been been on the run for 3 years. People all think he wants to eat them instead he only wants to finish school, have his first girlfriend and stop moving.

His mother is like a mama bear ready to take on the whole to defend her son. Things are not looking up for Rex with the school and town ready to get rid of him.

I gave up at 43% having reach almost half of the book I still don’t know what caused the zo
Christine
Mar 09, 2015
Sharon Anderson
Jul 04, 2015
Mark Souza
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gwen
Julie Fields
Brandi
SD
Apr 08, 2015
Mark Souza lives in the Pacific Northwest with his wife, two children, and mongrel beast-dog, Tater. When he’s not writing, he’s out among you trying to look and act normal (whatever that is), reminding himself that the monsters he’s created are all in his head, no more real than campaign promises.