Start by marking “Catnapped” as Want to Read:
Catnapped

Catnapped

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
When Jenna’s Nanna wins the lotto, not everyone agrees with how she plans on spending the money. Jenna’s thrilled that her favorite grandmother wants to take her to Disneyland, but when a couple of skeezy crooks read that Nanna wants to use her millions to build a special home for cats, they develop a plan to hold Nanna’s cats for ransom. CATNAPPED is a beginning chapter b ...more
Published September 27th 2014 by Xist Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Catnapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catnapped

Stacey
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: early-elementary
I picked this up because I love animals and am always looking for an interesting animal adventure, even if it is a children's/youth's story. The story seems to be centered around granny and her grand-daughter, but the heroes of the day are granny's collection of stray or unwanted animals. When granny wins the lottery, thieves plot to steal granny's cat, Oscar, and ransom him off for her winnings. It bothered me that the thieves were teenagers and that the little grand-daughter was unaware of the ...more
Rasheeda Stevens
My Children and I really do like Catnapped. But I do wish that there were more visuals in color for my younger child age of 1, none the less she enjoyed hearing us read aloud. Reading what people young or old would do for money it too crazy, Jack and Cass got more than they bargained for when entering Nanna's house. I'm a Cat Lady myself so it made it easy and enjoyable to read.
Keith Dickens
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
It's a perfectly cute book for a 5 year old. My 8 year old was disappointed because the story wasn't more elaborate. Yeah, my 8 year old uses words like elaborate. I asked him what his review was and he said 3 stars. So there you go.
Danielle Vorac
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book

I wish it were longer but it was a very good book other than that. I gave it four stars because it said that pre teens and teens would love it, and I though it was kinda short.
suzie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I like it

We welcome all readers to enjoy this book I like this book so much thank you for reading enjoy it.
Lina Shupe
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Head line

I choose this ratting because it was pretty interesting and when the kids tried to catnapped the cat. I also liked the ending.
Judy Breckenridge
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
catapulted-good read for kids

Great book to read to early grades. They will love it. Not too long-it will hold their interest. Cute story about animals.
Valerie
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little story of a kindhearted animal loving lady and her granddaughter.
A tiny tale for the young and young at heart.
Ellen
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Catnapped was free on Kindle a while back and I finally got around to reading it. It's a cute, quick read that will bring to mind a bit of "Home Alone" and the "Secret Life of Pets" movie. When animal-loving Granny wins the lottery, she decides to use it to help homeless pets. Two bugling thieves hear about this and set about to kidnap a cat for ransom. Hilarity ensues as the animals in the home that is a bit more like a zoo fight back and defend their own.
Barbara Ann
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Charming early chapter mystery book of less than fifty pages that is perfect for the beginning reader. Jenna bemoans the fact that her Nanna has moved from a bustling Australian city to a quiet house on Wattle Drive. Well, actually not that quiet, Nanna has adopted several pets: Oscar a large orange cat, Goliath, a large Great Dane, Cleo, a black and white cat, Albert, a python snake, and Polly, a chatterbox parrot, who enjoys watching police shows. One night while watching TV, Nanna screams wit ...more
RJ
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
A quick book to read to children. Upper elementary kids could read this on their own. The illustrations are simple but help the reader visual the story as there are not that many details.
The setting is in Australia with a grandmother that keeps adopting pets. Her granddaughter thinks grandma's street is too quiet.
As the story unfolds it is exciting. I wanted that part to be developed more.
Aubrey Norder
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
It's ok.

I liked it but somebody needed to find out about the robbing. It would have been much more exciting if they did, but for the most part it was good.
Emily
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick, cute read

Super fast to read and a fun little story. May be better for younger kids, as it is quite short.
Lexie Crawford
Mar 30, 2015
Lauren
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Teena is a reader, writer and daydream believer. She writes across genres and her publications include picture books, chapter books, a novel, short stories and poems. Her writing life has also included a long career as a journalist and editor.
More about Teena Raffa-Mulligan