Start by marking “Feuertaufe: Kirk - Der Leitstern des Verirrten (Star Trek: Crucible, #3)” as Want to Read:
Feuertaufe: Kirk - Der Leitstern des Verirrten (Star Trek: Crucible, #3)

Feuertaufe: Kirk - Der Leitstern des Verirrten

(Star Trek: Crucible #3)

In einem einzigen Augenblick … lässt der in der Zeit zurückversetzte James T. Kirk zu, dass die Liebe seines Lebens bei einem Verkehrsunfall stirbt, um die Geschichte der Erde zu bewahren. Als er in die Gegenwart zurückkehrt, setzt er seine sagenumwobene Karriere als Raumschiffcaptain, der die Galaxis erforscht, fort. Doch während er zwischen den Sternen umherreist, bleibt ...more
Published May 23rd 2012 by Cross Cult (first published February 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Feuertaufe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feuertaufe

Start your review of Feuertaufe: Kirk - Der Leitstern des Verirrten (Star Trek: Crucible, #3)
Greg
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect ending to a perfect tribute to the most perfect moment in Trek history. ❤️ 🖖
David
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Copy of review posted on my Facebook page on 7/17/19.) Just finished reading book three in the Star Trek: Crucible trilogy, "Kirk: The Star to Every Wandering".

As I'd seen some others indicate in their own reviews of this book, it is indeed the weakest of the three books. It is not a bad story by any means, it just is a more straight forward "mission" adventure type of story and is no where near as deep and expansive an individual character study of James Kirk as the other books are of Leonard
Glenn
Apr 26, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mikael Kuoppala
In the preface of this book author David R. George III explains that he wanted to do something different for the final part of the Crucible trilogy, unwilling to bend to reader expectations no doubt roused by the two preceding volumes. I must say that, yes, I had expectations for “The Star to Every Wandering,” but most of them were disconnected from “Provenance of Shadows” or “The Fire and the Rose”. This is the Kirk book of the trilogy, and I wanted to read about the character, learn new things ...more
Don Incognito
Jan 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The other John
This is the third novel of the Crucible trilogy; the shortest and the most straightforward. For me, it was also the least enjoyable. Which is not to say that it's a horrible book. As far as Star Trek books go, it's quite all right. The main sin of this book was that it tried to follow the format of the trilogy and have the protagonist--Captain Kirk, in this case--come to terms with his life and especially, the events of the episode "City on the Edge of Forever". The problem is, unlike Spock and ...more
Ken
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
The closing to the Crucible trilogy, this third book, focusing on James T. Kirk, didn't tie into the two others very closely. In fact, except for a flashback to the episode "City on the Edge of Forever", I don't think Kirk interacted with Bones or McCoy at all. Mostly it was a time-travelling adventure centered around his time in the nexus, from which he emerged only to die in Star Trek Generations. The new background regarding the development of his relationship with Antonia, an Idahoan hippiat ...more
Rich Meyer
Not a bad Trek novel, but it really didn't live up to the standards of the first two parts of the Crucible saga. It was a lot more confusing than the other two, and didn't integrate nearly the background information on Kirk as the others had on McCoy and Spock. The writing was good, but parts did not make a lot of sense, and the story itself made a few changes to Trek Canon that the other books didn't attempt to, and relied far too much on a single artifact from the original series.

Read McCoy's
Julia
Dec 08, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I liked the other books in this series...
Shelves: star-trek
When Kirk allowed Edith Keeler to die, he went on to ruin all future loves: she was the love of his life – his guilt wouldn’t allow him to be successful with other women. The parallel stories occur 70 years apart, for Kirk was caught in a temporal nexus that long.

This one didn’t work as well for me as the ones about Spock and McCoy, possibly because we know less about them, possibly because I care more for them, possibly because I wasn’t in the mood.
Gmartin
Great TOS book
Steve
I found this book hard to put down. The author even mentioned my concern about the series in this book foreword, which was rather interesting. It approached the problem of how to wrap up the series in an unique way, using well know tropes in a new way. I am amused that this book disagrees with the Shatner-verse, but that's the way it goes. There wasn't really a climax, or even a build-up, but the resolution was far too short for my liking, with the author leaving much of it to exposition.
Bobo
Aug 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book ties the Crucible trilogy together nicely. There have been some criticism of the first 2 books being very cerebral and the last one very action oriented. My answer is this; it works. The first two books build on each other very well indeed. They could be considered complete in themselves, but the third book is a nice surpise. This is like a buy 2 get one free deal. i enjiyed these titles as the first serious Star Trek books I have read in 15 years...
Stephanie Bogdanich
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
I really enjoyed this series but I think this author is maybe the worst of all time a writing female characters. Every single one of them is beautiful, brilliant, intuitive, supportive, emotionally mature, and fun in bed. It got very frustrating over the course of three book where they talk a lot about these women characters. Otherwise I liked all three stories, I liked how they fit together and that they covered the entire lifespans of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.
Wendy
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was all right. It had some action, which was nice. It was a little confusing at two different points, but it soon straightened out.

The most frustrating part was how slow it went. It dragged severely. Probably a hundred pages could've been cut, and then it would've got a third star from me.
Bill
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becca
Aug 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Captain Kirk was really quite a melancholy figure. Besides which, this book was actually fairly well-written--which, in my experience, is not the norm for these kinds of books.
Keith Bell
Confusing at times. I probably will read the others in this trilogy but not expecting too much. More interested in some back story on Bones and Spock.
Naomi Ramsden
Nov 13, 2016
Lisa
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Losing the Peace (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1)
  • The Story Of Classical Music
  • Eleven Stories
  • You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life
  • Kdo s koho, Satane!
  • The Lost Years (Star Trek: The Lost Years, #1)
  • Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age
  • The Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek: The Original Series, #47)
  • An Education: The Shooting Script
  • The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future
  • Dream Country (The Sandman, #3)
  • Push
  • The Vagina Monologues
  • Doctor Who and the Destiny of the Daleks
  • Full Circle (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • The Girl with No Name (Lilly Meratoliage Series, #0)
  • Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)

Star Trek: Crucible (3 books)
  • McCoy: The Provenance Of Shadows (Star Trek: Crucible, #1)
  • Spock: The Fire and the Rose (Star Trek: Crucible, #2)

News & Interviews