Start by marking “Professional Boundaries” as Want to Read:
Professional Boundaries

Professional Boundaries

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  806 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
At thirty two, Kelli Bryant is ready to take on the world, and Chandler Media, as the new Marketing Director, but her plans are derailed when her promotion is given to none other than Ian Greyson, Kelli’s old college flame, her one true love and the one man she hoped to never see again.

Between Kelli’s determination to remain on top and Ian’s strict new office policies, th
Published December 25th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Professional Boundaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Professional Boundaries

My Fairly Dangerous Godmother by Janette RallisonProfessional Boundaries by Jennifer PeelRough Around the Edges Meets Refined by Rachael AndersonThe Catching Kind by Bria QuinlanRoyal Date by Sariah Wilson
2015 Swoony Awards
190 books — 837 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëPersuasion by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie MeyerSense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
CLEAN Romance Books
2,313 books — 1,973 voters

More lists with this book...

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
It's Kindle freebie romance time again! In this corner we have Kelli, valued employee of Chandler Marketing ... but not quite valued enough to get the job of marketing director, which goes to the man in the opposite corner, Ian, who cruelly dumped Kelli when they were dating in college 13 years ago and disappeared from her life without ever speaking to her again, but now has suddenly reappeared in her life and seems to want to give it another try. Kelli's still carrying a grudge, and is also fur ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I’m a sucker for lost-love stories; it’s always fun to watch a couple get a second chance at love. Kellie and Ian dated in college, but things ended badly when Ian up and dumps her unexpectedly and disappears from her life. Thirteen years have passed and Kellie is up for a big promotion at work when Ian shows up out of nowhere and ends up with the promotion that she had been working for. I liked that they had the unresolved break-up to deal with as well as him stealing her job. Lots of fun tensi ...more
Kathy
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I get a lot of review requests. Usually several new ones everyday. There are so many great books I want to read but since it is just me reading I can only get to a limited number of them and there is no real rhyme or reason to what I choose to read. Professional Boundaries happened to be on the top of my Kindle when I finished a book so I opened it and thought I would give it a try.

It totally sucked me in and I ended up reading the entire thing. It was cute. It was clean. It was funny. Right up
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, chaste
I can tell that I jumped into a new genre with this book, and one I'm completely unfamiliar with. It's still romance, but the focus is slightly shifted with a change in audience expectation. Which makes this a tricky review to write. I'm not sure how much I may be reacting to core genre expectations and how much of it is individual with this author.

I'll start with what is different from most romance expectations. The most obvious is the lack of any kind of sex. More, the heroine is fully and exp
Talltree
Nov 05, 2016 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Kathy Jo
May 2017:

*dreamy sigh* Oh my gosh! I still absolutely LOVE this book! Why did I wait 2 years to read it again?! Seriously... why?! Haha. I do have to say that since it had been 2 years it was like reading it all over again for the first time! I found myself giggling, letting out little dreamy sighs and just falling in love all over again with Kelli and Ian! <3

May 2015:

My first thoughts when I finished reading Professional Boundaries was why in the world did I take so long to read this?! It
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This was a fun story of second-chance love! Kelli sure gave Ian a run for his money, not believing that he wanted her back, but after realizing that he really was chasing her, she had a decision to make- hold onto her anger and grudge, or forgive and embrace a new start. The dynamics of their personal relationship are further complicated by their professional working relationship. Very entertaining and great romance!
Katie W
Kelli and Ian have a history together--they dated in college and things didn't end well. Nope, not at all. When Ian is given her promotion and becomes her boss, Kelli becomes more determined than ever to stay away and to protect her heart at all costs.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Kelli. Her heart was shattered and then here comes the guy with the hammer, when she least expected it. It's sad, but true--I could understand where she was coming from. Kelli overreacted quite often when it came
Julie Carpenter
*FULL REVIEW*

I loved this cute, second chance, contemporary romance. Definitely lots of heartache and healing throughout but I loved the characters, the plot was fun and witty. I've found a new author that I am excited to read more of her books.

Hopefully I'll get a full review up soon.
------------------------------------

Kelli loves Ian! <3 They met at college and she knows what she wants and she isn't afraid to go for it. After finally wearing Ian down, they start dating. Life is great and
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
Ooh, this book was so much fun. It had so many of the things I love when reading a clean romance book. There was humor, misunderstanding and fireworks. Boy, were there fireworks!

Kelli has her promotion locked up tight. At least she thought she did until her old flame, Ian steals it from her. Kelli is one very unhappy camper. Not only did Ian burn her way back in college, he has burned her again by stealing her promotion. Kelli is such a fun character. She is witty and sassy at all the right time
Heidi
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Contemporary Clean Romance

First of all, I am so impressed with this author. I've thoroughly enjoyed everything of hers I have read so far. I love that her main characters come so alive and make you wish they were your friends. :)
Professional Boundaries was a sweet contemporary romance full of humor and fun banter between the two main characters. The storyline didn't necessarily have a ton of depth but I found myself glued to the pages and falling head over heels for Ian and Kelli. I l
Alisa
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kelli Bryant once told a boy she loved him... because she really did. She was a freshman in college; he had just finished grad school and was her calculus tutor. Once she told him she loved him he walked away and never looked back. And broke her heart.

Now it's 13 years later and she is a confident businesswoman who is excited for her upcoming promotion. Until she finds out she's not being promoted. Instead the boss has hired Ian Greyson... the man who broke her heart all those years ago. It's ob
Tara
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one!! Funny, witty, tension-filled and lost-love. The makings of a great romantic comedy. I just wish the thirteen year gap could have been shorter. How sad to have lost out on that much time together.

One "beef" I had with the book was the way Ian initially went about with their breakup. Not necessarily his reasons for it, because her being so young was a legitimate reason for him not being ready. BUT, to just walk away without any explanation?? No. I think it would have been better (
Deborah
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love it when I get into a "book mode." It happens so rarely for me these days because I am not a casual reader. If I start a book it becomes all consuming and I don't have the luxury of all consuming these days. Well. I had the rare occasion these past 24 hours of having some flexibility (no deets necessary). So I took a chance and started to read. I was not disappointed in this book. It was so enjoyable to read and I liked the tension.

My only real complaint with this book was that we are sup
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Kelly and Ian, separated years ago by pride, misunderstanding, and unfulfilled expectations.

Thirteen years is a long time to go without seeing the man that you loved in college. It's a long time to let go of bitterness and hurt feelings. All of the old emotions crash down around Kelly when he unexpectedly shows up in her workplace, taking the promotion that she was trying to get.

The fine line that the two of them walk is comical. You can tell right from the start that there are many unresolved i
Valerie Waters
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm on a roll for good books. And I LOVE it!!! This was so good. I hated Ian! I was convinced I would never forgive him. This author did a really good job with helping us know exactly what Kelli was thinking and feeling. Awww such a good book.
KatieV
2.5 stars. Kind of cute if highly unlikely.

Their sparring was fun and it was amusing how the H constantly inadvertently dug himself a deeper hole.

He realizes after 13 years that he wants his old college gf back,who he'd cut off after she confessed her love. His plan involved getting a job he didn't need at the company she worked in just to woo her back. Unknowingly, the job he gets was one she expected to get. So, obviously, not a great entrance for him.

This is a clean romance, no sex at all.
1.5 stars rounded to 2. I won't bore you with my review. A quick list of likes and dislikes will suffice.

What I liked:
1) How clean this book was. There is no sex and the language is very mild.
2) The h sticks to her beliefs. I admire that about her.
3) The H isn't a manwhore.

What I didn't like:
1) The H. He's an idiot, an overplanning, bad at communicating and then expecting people to read between his lines, idiot. What he did to the h all those years ago was dumb. His explanation was lame.
2) The
Jessie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love stories about second chances. Kellie and Ian dated in college for about a year, when Kelly told Ian she loved him, he pretty much ran off and didn't speak to her again. Now ten years later, Kellie goes into work expecting to get a big promotion, and meets her new boss, Ian, instead.

I have never experienced a break-up as totally unresolved as Kellie and Ian's, but it still felt easy to relate to Kellie and her need to understand what had happened. I'm glad that she got the chance to do so.
Englishrose
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute read and very enjoyable. The interplay between Kelli and Ian is marvelous and so realistic. Though it dragged slightly at times, I loved the twists and turns that brought them together realistically. Their romance was toe curling and oh so sweet. It was a lovely plot and a great idea behind their story. Definitely one to keep you up reading, or warm on a cold winter night.

www.cleanromancereviews.com
April
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Professional Boundaries is a fun, cute, and entertaining, clean read romance! I zipped through this one in one evening, even staying up a little late to do so! Which is a feat for a woman towards the end of her third trimester of pregnancy, with 2 young kids that keep her going all day!
Annette
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This one was cute. I enjoyed the conflict and the inherent tension it brought. The guy came off as a bit of an idiot sometimes, though, and I would have liked a few more romantic moments throughout. It was a sweet, fun read.

Content: Clean
Austin Ryan
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Even though, protagonist Kelli Bryant spends an inordinate amount of time being naive about Ian Greyson's ulterior motives, she was smart, funny and snarky in every other way. I identified very much with her, and Ian also came alive on the page. This book made me laugh, and smile, and ponder; I will definitely read it again!
Sara Cardon
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was pure fun. Kelli is upbeat, spunky, and smart. She thinks she's getting a big promotion, only to find an old ex boyfriend stole it. And he broke her heart a decade ago, but she still remembers, clearly, when he shows up in her life.

These two ironing things out at work is hilarious and at times heartbreaking. I like how Kelli loves Ian's quirks, but I was hoping he had a really, really good reason for walking away years ago and I wasn't convinced his reasons were good enough. More time n
Susan K
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was really a 3.5 for me! Loved reading this story...the ending surprised me, didn't see it coming! The misunderstandings and miscommunications weren't so way over done. It was believable, set in a cute way, and loved seeing how they got to know each other again and everything unfolded until it became 'clear' how things really were... Fun read, believable characters, and loved that the knot came undone in such a satisfying fashion! Definitely reading more of this author!
3.5 is definitely a g
Sharon
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! I also wanted to throw my Kindle through the window!!! Jennifer Peel has definately out done herself with this one. This book was a roller coaster of emotions for me. The characters made me crazy through most of the book. I love strong female characters, but I also enjoy their softer side. In this book Kelli is a woman who has been wronged by the man she loved and is then forced to work for him. Ian is a very strong willed stubborn man who is looking for a do over. Life for ...more
TJ
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another very enjoyable read from am author who is fast becoming my "clean" read favorite! After all the great sexual tension and witty sparring throughout the book, the ending was a bit anticlimactic. Ian's reasons for his actions (toward Kellie, his marriage et. al) also really needed to be fleshed out better so the reader could understand and sympathize with him. But, Kellie was worth the pain of Ian! Her character was smart and sweet yet didn't cow-down to Ian even though her heart was in shr ...more
Shauna
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is more like 4.5 stars! I was laughing out loud often and loved how Kelli was always herself. I kept feeling like I needed more closure with the way Mr. Greyson treated Kelli in the beginning. I don't know why. This story had the best title that was a true representation of the story and probably my favorite ending words keeping with the said title. Laughed out loud. I've already downloaded another of hers and look forward to more from such a great author! This is a book I plan to re read.
a.r.
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I loved how spunky the main character, Kelli, was with her approach to life - a "look it square in the face" attitude. A big thumbs up to the writer who created main characters that were smart and capable and family oriented. Ian reads like a dream - a gentleman but not afraid to go after what he wants. Great love story. Flirtatious comments but a clean read. I am looking forward to seeing what else this author has written.
Megan
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy second chance at love stories and this one was great. Perfect cute, clean, quick read. I'm really enjoying Jennifer Peel's books. (view spoiler)
  • Tess in Boots
  • Be Mine (Love and Trust Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wife Maker (The Husband Maker, #3)
  • The Kiss That Launched 1,000 Gifs
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • Miss Match (No Match for Love, #1)
  • Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity (Meet Your Match #3)
  • Always Will
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • Silver Linings (Ripple Effect Romance #2)
  • The Mariposa Hotel (A Tangerine Street Romance, #3)
  • Daydreams
Jennifer Peel is the mother of three amazing kiddos. Wife to her one and only for the past twenty-two years. Lover of late night talks, beach vacations, the mountains, pink bubble gum ice cream, tours of model homes, and southern living. She can frequently be found with her laptop on, fingers typing away, indulging in chocolate milk, and writing out the stories that are constantly swirling through ...more
“Life has a way of giving us what we need, not always what we want, but if we’re smart, we’ll realize that’s what we wanted all along.” 0 likes