Start by marking “Lost and Found (Love in New York, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost and Found (Love in New York, #1)

Lost and Found

(Love in New York #1)

NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR, ELLE CASEY, brings readers book 1 of 3 in the contemporary romance LOVE IN NEW YORK series.

Sometimes engagement rings can get lost and then found. Sometimes people can too. All it takes is a heavy-duty dose of karma and the magic of Manhattan to make it all come together.

Leah is a financially destitute new age hippy. James
Published December 25th 2014 by Elle Casey (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lost and Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost and Found

Patrycja
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, adult, contemporary

4 diamond ring stars

I had such a great laugh while reading it! It's completely silly and craaaaazy, but I did like it! FAB entertaining read.
Amanda
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: funny-hilarious
I feel bad to give this a low rating because to me this book is not a romance. I didn't realize is actually a chicklit. This book is filled with wacky humor that make me groaned and roll my eyes instead of laughing. And the romance takes forever to happen and kinda rush towards the end. Sorry, just not for me.
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 6/10
Humour: 5/10
Hotness: 1/10
Romance: 3/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 1st person. Stand Alone. Approx 370 kindle pages.

MINOR SPOILERS

I think the biggest downfall with Lost & Found for me was the fact that there was hardly any romance. The romance didn't actually kick off until near enough 240 pages in.

So it broke down to:
1st 35% was the heroine's POV. This involved her in all her crazy, fin
Taz-xo
Too boring to continue. The characters were also really annoying which didn't help matters.

The female lead seems to be a compulsive liar making up ridiculously stupid lies for god knows what reason, when she could simply tell the truth. Once she's told her lie, she always seems to become a sweaty Betty and break out in hives. But does she learn her lesson? No. Now I'm not normally a violent or aggressive person but honestly, I just wanted to hit her. Repeatedly.

It was like the author was trying
Mandy
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and really liked it but didn't love it. It was hilariously funny and I really liked the characters but it took forever to get to the romance portion of this story and when it finally did it was so rushed and then the book ended. The story was interesting, I really liked the setup and character development but would've liked to have seen a little more in the James and Leah section. I'm hoping the other books in this series are about James family members. Even though this wasn' ...more
Paige  Bookdragon
4.5-makes-me-feel-fluffy-starr

description

I just love the idea of lost and found.
You lost something and you found something much greater than what you lost.

Dr. James "Boo" Oliver:
description

He's just so "ugh". He's kinda funny is a serious way. Love the way he go crazy whenever Le3ah is around.

Leah "Betty" Carmichael
description

Ever had a character who's crazy and endearing? That's Leah. Well, she's insane and caring so hands down to you girl.

*Looking forward to the next installment*
Coco.V
Oct 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/4/2017)!
Jenny

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fun, fun, fun read!! Definitely a great book to cuddle up with during my vacation.

The antics will make your head spin a bit, but you can't help but laugh, snort, giggle and get hooked from the water fountain all the way to the end with the thermometer.

I am looking forward to the next installment of this series!!
Judy
Do you believe in Karma? How about destiny?

This book is kind of like a mix of Serendipity and Airplane!

Perfect combo, right?

At first the humor was a little too goofy and cheesy for my taste.
I like funny, but this was a little out there!
Regardless, I pressed on.

And I'm SO glad I did.
There were some serious laugh out loud moments for me!!
The baby blow out was one of the funniest ever!

Most of the outrageousness came from Leah. She is quite a character!
The chapters in her pov were filled with
Suleika Santana -All About Books
LOVED it! Wasn't even planning on one clicking it or reading it today but after I read the sample I was hooked. This story is super funny. I loved the characters specially Leah, she was definitely something else, a bit on the crazy side but I loved her. I also loved James (Dr. Oliver) even if he gives the impression of being an arrogant jerk, he is definitely not one.
Story told in dual point of view and I was very glad the author did that because I got to know the real James, the nice and lovin
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Random acts of awesome...
I knew going in that I would enjoy a light-hearted read with giggles guaranteed, and I was not disappointed. Quirky Leah with her gypsy skirts and jingling bracelets was non-stop entertainment from the first page to the last. I never knew what crazy scheme she would come up with or how many people she would drag into her brilliant plans.

The beginning, a large portion of the book, was written from Leah's POV. Once the author finally let us into James' thoughts, she went
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 STARS

I feel like this book was trying to be too many things at once: zany comedy, romance, family drama, crime story...and so the tone was all over the place. There were parts that I liked and parts that didn't work.

The book is in three parts: Leah's POV, James POV, and then Leah and James alternating POV. The first and second parts cover the same ground, which I usually hate, but to be fair, there is very little repeated because James and Leah don't actually interact very much until the thi
M.M. Jaye
She: Leah, 29, completely broke, one step before homelessness, her purse is empty but her heart full of love for life and hope for something that will change her luck. Well, it's not that darn ring she found in the fountain!

He: James, 39, the go-to plastic surgeon for celebrities. A tragic event messed up his orderly life, and he's shouldered family responsibilities that don't fit. He's doing his best to help out, but everything seems to fall apart. Yet his mind keeps going back to the obviously
Lustful Literature
**BETH'S REVIEW**

Rating: DNF 38%

I am a woman who loves a man in a suit so when I got a glimpse of the cover of Lost & Found, it definitely caught my eye enough that I decided to check out the synopsis. Leah is a bit of a hippy who meets a surgeon, Dr. Oliver, and somehow an engagement ring plays a part of it all. It sounded good and it sounded different, too many times reading synopsis it’s like reading the same thing, just different names, different cities, different jobs but same premise t
Audrey
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: good-laugh
I liked it! As always Elle Casey's writing hooked you right in and making you stay in place till the last page.

I guess I was hoping for more. More laughter, more swoon worthy moments, more sweets, more characters build up, more solutions to the end, and just more.

The story has good build up and gives a lot of background story that making you hope to see how things will play our towards the end. But left with feeling it's all rushed and patched up conveniently and seal it with HEA stamp.

It also h
Jo
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
It is an interesting story. A ring has been lead to all come together. Because of the ring, Leah found her man, her uncle even her twin brother. So does James.

Even I am wondering if it is true that too many good people in New York? A poor lady like Leah, when she found out she had a half million dollars ring, she doesn’t want to keep and sell it, she did try her best to locate the owner? Leah has her difficulties to pay her rent but she still gives her money to the homeless? The shop owner wher
Joan
Beach Read? Only if you like descriptions of standing in dog pooh and trying to clean it off your shoes, and then mention of period cycles. Not what I want to read while on holiday. Leah comes over as immature, stupid and more unpleasantly - someone who thinks only of herself.

DNF when I read ( re: the 'period' discussion:) 'Or you've just noticed no toilet-paper-wrapped packages in the bathroom trash.'

NO. Periods are a fact of life, but that was just ................EEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUW
Amanda Grooms
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what this book was about before I read it-- it was a free book on Amazon that I found on BookBub. It was really interesting trying to see what was going to happen when I had no clue what to expect. I found this to be a really fun book-- very random, but fun too. The premise was actually pretty depressing, even though the humor did shine through, but if the attraction between the two leads didn't work out, things were looking pretty bad for her! I'm glad everything worked out in the ...more
GTR33GURL
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book I loved the crazy banter between James and Leah it was certainly funny fate kept throwing them back together all because of this ring James threw into the fountain there love came on fast but when YA know YA know lol fate karma whatever but they were meant to be the only thing I didn't like was the first 30% was Leah POV then the next 30% was James POV but repeating what I've just read pet peeve of mine the rest was in dual POV 4 stars!!!!
SaN~
Absolutely loved the story. Cute, crazy, sweet, hilarious, heartwarming, all in one package. Laughed out loud a lot reading it. Don't expect too much hot scenes here because you will be disappointed. I waited for so so long for it to happen. But then without it the story itself had been so good. Totally recommended for those who needed a good dose of laughter.
Sabine
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious and abstrus and totally over the top - but it was also one of the best books I've read lately. My face still aches from all the smiling and laughing and people were looking funny at me when reading it on the bus this morning and evening when I couldn't stop myself from snorting with laughter. A ludicrous story about two people on a mission getting rid of an extraordinarily expensive engagement ring: Leah, poor and struggling to make ends meet - James, a rich doctor who ha ...more
Hunter Mallone
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a weird book... It's a more mellow 50 Shades of Grey without BDSM and add a whole lot of humor. I was laughing so hard at this book!
Andrea B
Funny. Story of serendipity. I had a hard time relating to the female lead but she was still likable.
Red Cheeks Reads
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
“…what was once a very refreshing oasis of sanctuarial bliss has now become a very cold, very wet pool of regret…”

Leah Carmichael is desperate to avert what she just knows will be a karmic disaster of epic proportions. Twenty-eight, about to be evicted and woefully underemployed as a clerk in a new age shop, Leah finds a ring in a fountain and she is certain this a test, one she must pass, in order to move on to good in her life. So begins the journey of finding the ring’s rightful owner and r
SHANNON
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

photo LeahJames_zps5f1c956e.jpg

There is no sugar-coating it...this story is completely whacky. But it has enough humor to pull it off.

Lost and Found is interesting because it's almost like two separate stories that just happen to intertwine midway through the novel. Some readers most assuredly will not like this style, but it worked for me in a big way.

I was previously a fan of Elle Casey. Her Rebel series won my heart with the kooky heroine and the stoic hero. You get another kooky heroine and "stoic" hero in Lost
Keighley
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 -4 Stars for this weirdly paced Rom-Com

This book wasn't what I was expecting, its been on my kindle for ever and I jumped in blind... to a world of soaking wet hippies, compulsive liars, karmic retribution and slapstick comedy. Not your usual romance!

The pacing was odd - First 30% Leahs world of craziness including jumping in fountains, stalking, disguises and a whole lot of fibs.

Leah tries to return a diamond ring she finds to get rid of the bad ju-ju attached to it..

Dr James is the origin
Jessica Frances
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Elle Casey’s writing. Her humour feels so effortless and I found myself laughing a lot throughout this one.

Leah finds an expensive engagement ring which was thrown away and after a short internal struggle, decides she wants to give it back to the owner and find out the story behind the lost ring. This leads to some funny run ins with James and some outrageous situations in order to get rid of the ring, once Leah decides it is bad luck.

I loved Leah’s voice and even though she really got he
Jackie Wright
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review
I was given this book for a honest review
Elle Casey is a new author to me and I really enjoyed Lost and Found.
It is a true romantic comedy and at times had me laughing out loud. It did take me a few chapters to connect with James and Leah but I'm so glad I persevered through those chapters.
Leah is a free spirit who believes in Karma. She will help anyone she can even if that means giving her last dime away......
James or Dr Boo as Leah calls him is a high profile plastic surgeon with
Erin Lewis
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Star Review of Lost and Found (Love in New York #1) by Elle Casey

This was a new author to me. Leah is a hippie, whilst James is a wealthy surgeon. They meet several times by accident as Leah searches for the owner of the engagement ring she found.

I found this to be unusual read and I think I would use quirky to describe this book. The first part was all from Leah’s point of view, then the next from James’s point of view, followed by the final part in both their points of view. To be honest

• Music for My Soul
  • The Vampire's Housekeeper Chronicles, Volume One
  • #TripleX
  • Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup
  • Crystal Whisperer (Spotless, #3)
  • The Christmas Wife
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
  • Burn Before Reading
  • Assumptions (Assumed Expectations, #1)
  • Adam's List (NYC Love, #1)
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology - Volume 2 - Even More All-New Romance Stories by Bestselling Authors (LOL, #2)
  • The Deal Breaker
  • When the Chips are Down (Three of a Kind, #1)
  • Someone to Watch Over Me (Hautboy Series, #1)
  • Diary of a Dieter (Confessions Series #1)
  • Hooked
  • Reckless Temptations (Temptations #4)
Elle Casey, a former attorney and teacher, is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling American author who lives in France with her husband, the youngest of her three kids, and several horses, dogs, and cats. She has written more than 40 novels in less than 5 years and likes to say she offers fiction in several flavors. These flavors include romance, science fiction, urban fantasy, action advent ...more

Love in New York (3 books)
  • Cabin Fever (Love in New York, #2)
  • Mister Fixit (Love in New York, #3)