Start by marking “Semper Fidelis” as Want to Read:
Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis

(Semper Fidelis)

Anomaly by S.A. McAuley

Warning: Untested chemical reactions in process…

When Staff Sergeant Galen Welc is handed Temporary Additional Duty orders that move him to the Marine Corps base at Twentynine Palms, he thinks he’s prepared for what’s to come. Known for his uncanny ability to spot improvised explosive devices, he’s pitted against the latest in defense technology. He trusts h/>Warning:
Published January 23rd 2015 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Semper Fidelis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Semper Fidelis

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
2.83 stars average rating, rounded up to 3

Two of the stories, Rhodes' A Ring and a Vow and McKenna's Soul Sick, were standouts. I also really enjoyed Knight's Safe Shores. The other three were throwaways for me.

See below for details.

A Ring and a Vow
Devon Rhodes
~4.5~

Every promise must someday be fulfilled, and the best way Owen knows how to reward Cary’s faith is with a vow.

This is a sequel to:

A Ring and a Promise by Devon Rhodes

This storyRhodes
Every
SheReadsALot
3.5 HEARTS--Well it's actually rated 3.375 Hearts to be exact. This anthology covers not only Marines but soldiers from the Navy and Coast Guard as well. Were the stories steamy? Some more than others. I finally got to read two authors, I was anxious to read. Some stories were over the top, some were sweet, some were plain hot - a mixed bag for potential readers.

Anomaly by S.A. McAuley - 3 Hearts

Hmm...this was an interesting take on a Marinclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
3.375
Gigi
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Done with Devon and Kendall's stories. 5 stars, both! Will read the others shortly...
Heller
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This collection marries my love of anthologies with my love a good military story. Some really strong contenders here and few that didn't work for me, which is kind of par for the course of any collection like this. Overall this ended up providing me with some great reads, many of them I wished were longer! I've rated every story but as a whole this collection gets 4 stars

Anomaly by S.A. McAuley 3.5 Stars

Warning: Untested chemical reactions in process…

When Staff Sergeant Galen Welc is h/>
Warning:/>Anomaly
Trisha Harrington
Soul Sick by Kendall McKenna - 4 stars!: I love Kendall McKenna! It has to be said. I've read almost everything she's written to date and I'm looking forward to the books she has coming out in the future. While this isn't my favorite from her, it's still a really nice story and they are a couple I would love to visit again.

Tucker and Jamie are a good couple. But Jamie has some issues after coming back from combat. This strains the relationship and after a downward spiral, Jamie almos
V
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
1 star.... Anomaly by S.A. McAuley
This is one of the most boring stories involved a marine I've ever read.
I thought it can't get any worse, but I was wrong. The ending was as bad as the whole plot.

I'm not sure if I want to continue with this anthology
Blue Bayou .
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm 17% done with Semper Fidelis: S.A. McAuley 'Anomaly' 2.5 stars That was a lot of information on stuff. Specifically Waze and Wazers. Good to know but I probably could have learned the intricacies off the internet. The romance was more of a lust-ance with 'maybe' potential. I was inclined to dnf but I persevered.

32% T.A. Chase 2 stars
Not bad, love. It was all fluff, love. I'm not sure a crabber and coast guard chief would be that floral with their words, love. You get bonus
Serena Yates
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2015
Who doesn’t like hot military men? And I liked the guys in this collection of stories a lot because they were struggling with their emotions—not something you get to see very often in reality unless you are close to a man in uniform. And while military PR people all over the planet would probably cringe at seeing their elite’s innermost secrets revealed like this, the undeniable truth is that they are human, like the rest of it, and deserve to be loved for who they are.

The story sett
Vallie
Feb 08, 2015 marked it as finish-later
Soul sick: 2 stars.

*pouting*

Man, I was looking forward to this for sooooooo long!I am so bummed. I'll probably be in the minority here but I had a WTF moment when this story finished. Thoughts like "this was it?!" kept me from rating higher, unfortunately. I though the premise was interesting and I would have loved to see Jamie's recovery explored a bit more. There was an explosive domestic violence scene that pumped me for hurt/comfort, grovelling, and hot make-up sex, and the story just ended a little a/>**
Melanie~~
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Solid read about military men, well mostly Marines and a couple of Coasties. That is my first issue. With a title of Semper Fidelis, I expected all the stories to involve at least one Marine. Two had members of the Coast Guard instead of Marines.

I enjoyed all the stories but one. "Soul Sick" just didn't work for me. I think the story was just too short to really do justice to the gravitas of the material. I could not connect with Jamie at all and definitely didn't get much from Tucker.
Lynnette Hartwig
I was given this book by the publisher for an honest review. This book was more of a 4-1/2 star rating but Goodreads doesn't give me that option. Overall this was a great book. I loved the many different stories and how they played out.

Anomaly – S.A. McAuley
This was a short and sweet story about a rocket scientist and a Marine. I really liked how they met but didn't like the ending. This book gets a 3 star rating.

Always Ready – T.A. Chase
I always love T.A. Chase’s books
Joyfully Jay
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Men in uniform—there’s almost not anything better. This anthology focuses on the elite—Marines and Coast Guard. Highly skilled, highly trained, and motivated as hell. But what about their home life? What happens when Marines are not on the battlefield? What happens when a guard’s loved one is the subject of a call? What happens when the man a Marine loves is an officer himself and they haven’t seen each other in years? This anthology is full of drama and fluff an
Teresa
This was an entertaining anthology with a great variety at different military couples, from already established to just meeting. Two stood out to me - Soul Sick by Kendal McKenna took a look at the effects of ptsd on a relationship and was a sad but touching story. The other was My Marine by LE Frank and Sara York. Unfortunately it stood out in a bad way with a too rushed love declaration that bordered on insta-love.

Overall a very worth wile anthology!
Devon Rhodes
Jan 14, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m
My story in this anthology is the sequel to A Ring and a Promise. Also, the single release of A Ring and A Vow will release in May. :)
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.2 Stars

See updates for comments on each story.

Edited to Add: Individual Story Ratings

3.6 Soul Sick by Kendall McKenna
3.5 Safe Shores by Morticia Knight
Janeylou
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Stories just a little too short to get into unfortunately
Love Bytes Reviews
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Vicki

Anomaly by S.A. McAuley

Oh man… It ended just when it was getting good! Galen is a Marine temporarily stationed at Twentynine palms, a couple of hours away from LA. He is an expert in spotting IED’s, and is there doing some testing for a company developing drones that will do the same thing. He drives to LA frequently and just deals with the traffic. A friend recommends he tries Waze, which I had to go look up to see if it was real! It is! It’s a co
Inked Reads
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, collection
FourStars
A book containing six stories about hard-bodied, emotionally raw men in uniform was always going to be a good idea. Add in talented, well-know authors and you have a definite winner.

Individual stories in this anthology will appeal to different readers. I personally loved “My Marine” by LE Franks and Sara York, a story which explored the relationship between a Marine on deployment and an unusual Afghan translator.

The two Coast Guard stories, “Always Ready” b
Marlobo

Anomaly by S.A. McAuley - 2 stars

Always Ready by T.A. Chase - 3 stars

A Ring and a Vow by Devon Rhodes - 2,5 stars

My Marine by LE Franks and Sara York - 1 star
Note 1: "...lashes long enough to make any woman jealous" Is there somewhat more cliché?
Note 2: “You’re accent isn’t normal” An editor here, please. *Facepalm*.
Final thought: Ridiculous! The building of the relationship and the language are ridiculous.

Soul Sick by Kendall McKenna - 2,5 stars

Safe Shores by Morticia Knight - 3 stars

Shannon
The only one I really loved was Morticia Knights, the onther ones were just 'ok' for me
Crystal Marie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anomaly by S.A. McAuley (3 stars)
I really enjoyed the difference that this story was for me personally. I thought that it was really cool the author put the twists of the social media app in the story. It really leaves me wondering if that will be, or already is, possible.
I really enjoyed the relationship that was forming between Galen and Zach. That was real fun to follow along with, and really I was left wanting to know more about their future.
I will admit, that I have a love/hat
Ro Dubose
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The main theme of the anthology is gay men in the military after the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell rule had been rescinded. Even though the laws have changed, the attitudes of homophobic people remains. Because of the closed minded society, some of these men in uniform are still in the closet.

Anomaly by S.A. McAuley - 4 Nymphs
On loan to a government testing facility, Marine Galen Welc discovers an IED is not the only combustible he will encounter when Galen meets the aerospace engineer who design
Marie
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Overall: 5 Stars

Anomaly: 5 Stars
*love the mix of geek and macho
*not too mushy
*love how humble they both are

Always Ready: 4 Stars
*Dean is such a sweetie.
*love how Phil's parents react to his news

A Ring and A Vow: 5 Stars
*the saber arch was a beautiful touch
*naughty cake antics were hilarious

My Marine: 5 Stars
*romantic without being
Charlie
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for honest review

I usually do not like short stories because I get into the story that I want more from the story. This book is in the same for most of the short stories. I was like man I want more! It always surprises me that authors of short stories can develop a good character development in such a short time and make you love the characters.

There were a two stories that I had to take a minute to check to see if it was a series of short stories because the charact
Cathy Brockman
overall this is an awesome story of bravery and sacrifice. The stories range from sweet to angsty. There is a bit of something for every taste. If you like military men of all branches, Coast gGard, crab fishing, sweet romance a touch of suspense,romance and hot sex and a great collection of short stories by some awesome writers this is definitely for you!

my individual review of each story can be found at mmgoodbookreviews.com
Coni
Anomoly by S.A. McAuley - 4.5 Stars Nov 8
Always Ready by T.A. Chase 4.5 Stars Nov 8
A Ring and a Vow by Devon Rhodes 4 Stars Nov 10 (short story sequel to 'A Ring and a Promise'
My Marine by LE Franks and Sara York - 4.5 Stars Nov 8
Soul Sick by Kendall McKenna - 3 Stars Nov 8
Safe Shores by Morticia Knight - 4 Stars Nov 8
Lasha
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall, solid stories in this anthology if you like military characters. Each story is a short novella, a quick read. A few typos, but mostly a clean, well-edited book. Easily 4 stars.

My favorite was the Devon Rhodes sequel, A Ring and A Vow, but I've been waiting for that since the His Hero anthology was published!
Elayne
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-bought-books
This anthology plays to all of my favourite character styles. Hot men in uniform finding their other half! Every story in this book was a 4.5/5 read for me. The whole point of an anthology is short stories, but I did wish they were longer, because I'm greedy that way.
Mrsgeo
As with any anthology there were some stories I enjoyed more than others but overall, I loved this collection. A Ring & a Vow was outstanding & Anomaly quirkier than usual. Soul Sick needed another chapter between 3 & 4 to bring it up to the same level as the others. Great read.
Kavisha

• Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
  • Private Dicks: Undercovers
  • His Soldier
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Nine
  • Mauled (Guards of Folsom, #4.5; Beyond Duty, #2)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.

Semper Fidelis (7 books)
  • Anomaly (Semper Fidelis)
  • Always Ready (Semper Fidelis)
  • A Ring and A Vow (A Ring and A Promise #2)
  • Snow Globe (Heartwarming)
  • Soul Sick (Semper Fidelis)
  • Safe Shores (Semper Fidelis)