Start by marking “With the One (With the Father, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
With the One (With the Father, #1.5)

With the One

(With the Father #1.5)

*This 18,000 word novella is not a standalone. If you haven’t read With the Father, the characters, plot, and casual references to past events will not make sense.

I had a choice, and I chose right.

I walked away from everything,
expecting nothing
but hoping for everything..

She was the miracle I never anticipated,
the future I hadn’t imagined
but now couldn’t live with
Published December 23rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about With the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With the One

Start your review of With the One (With the Father, #1.5)
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
3.5 - it was nice catching up with the characters
Ava
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
this was nice to have a closure.
And this book was very cute and dreamy but before all that sweet ending there was a funny part, Kate frustration.
What annoy me the most was the fact that I really couldn't recall the story.
I remember a priest and slowly the sister until I read the part cousin and before it some plot to get rid of Grace. Actually not that much except that I was, and I think, surprised by the first book. only the fact that I couldn't much remember about the previous got a bit on
Tamara
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2015
I loved this little glimpse into Paul and Kate's future.

It was also nice to get the final answers in the puzzle of what actually happened the night Grace died.
DCT
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful accompaniment to With the Father.

So glad the author gave us this wrap up sweet little novella to With The Father. As much as I enjoyed book , I didn't totally buy into Paul and Kate. However, this novella helped me to feel a little more connected, and it was so nice getting some closure to the loose ends from the previous story. If you read With The Father, you owe it to yourself to read this one. Thanks Jenni!
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Perfect ending!

After finishing With the Father, I knew I had just read a fantastic book, but I was just left feeling a little shellshocked. I was okay with the ending, but mind was still spinning in circles from the end of the book. This novella helped resolve everything for me and put me in a happy place.
Donna
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really don't want to say much about this novella because, if you haven't read With The Father, anything I say will be a spoiler. Trust me when I say I felt so much better about With The Father after reading this story. It helped me come to terms with some of the events that had occurred. I highly recommend these two books.
SB Morales
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful ending to an already wonderful story. Moen gave me a look at the happily ever after. This tied up the loose ends that were left. Not just with the murder, but with the daughter and family also. I love Moen's writing and will be a fan for life!!
Silvia
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet!

Such a sweet follow up to With the Father! I loved this perfect ending. As I was reading With the Father I didn't think too highly of Kate because I thought she was trying to come between Paul and Grace. I couldn't have been more wrong! Go Kate!
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is a sweet insight back into Paul's life, post With The Father as we see where he is now.

He is with the woman he loves and looking to make more steps forward with her.

I really enjoyed this catch up
Paola
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect Clousure ! I will said again I love Paul Sullivan!
Thank you Jenni Moen for this! A perfect Christmas gift !
Yesi ~ LLL
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - LOVED! Perfect epilogue and I think I can finally fully accept the outcome. Paul Sullivan once again captured my heart.
Cath
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5stars
Alexandra
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"You's stolen a piece of my heart and I knew I had to be with you if I wanted to be whole again."

Such a great follow up novella for With the Father. I've fallen in love with both these characters in that book and I was excited to read more about them and their future as a possible unpredictable family.
Loved it.
J.M. Miller
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, novellas
This was an excellent addition to With the Father. It follows up on things with Paul and the 'One' nicely (no spoilers). It also brings more closure to some of the criminal events that I was curious about from WtF. Overall, a great companion novella. I loved it! ...more
Melissa Jones
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great and perfect gift for readers of With The Father! I was very excited to find that the author was giving us more of Paul and Kate's story and she did an exceptional job of giving closure for all and of writing the best happily ever after. Thank you Jenni Moen, I loved it!!
Heidi 1820
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you read and loved With the Father like I did, this is a must read. This short novella picks up where the story ends and gives us a beautifully written insight of what happens next to some of my favorite characters. Recommend highly.
Cheyenne
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great follow up to With the Father. You get loose ends tied, closure and a hea. I am still reeling from the end of With the Father.

Miriam
Jul 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: forbidden-love
Evelyn
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect epilogue to a brilliant story. I can only hope that there are stories in store.
Robin
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
3.5 - it was nice catching up with the characters
Cynthia
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-read
Really enjoyed this follow up novella. I actually felt the connection between the couple in this short read than the book. Great ending to their story.
Jackie White
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I missed With the Father and this little novella took me back. Enjoyable read.
Mariana
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Great little book to tidy up all the loose ends.
Kim Carter
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Great finish to the story of Paul and Kate, thank you for bringing them the closure they deserved.
Renee
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story put the first book into perspective. And it closed the wound in my heart for Grace. Loved the writing and the forbidden 'subtle thoughts Bravo!!!
Kimberly
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This free short story tied up and provided closure to many of the loose ends and confusion left from the full length novel... With the Father. Very glad I found this!
Breanna Eichhorn
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Jenni Moen and it wont be my last. I'm so glad that I picked up this book. This book is very well written and the characters are very well developed.
Ashley Berry
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, quickie
This is exactly why I needed after With the Father. I was able to find peace with the characters and their story with this novella.
❤️Melanie G.
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Perfect epilogue to a wonderful story.

• SNOW:  A Gentry Boys Christmas Story
  • The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld, #14)
  • A Valentine's Day Miracle (The Reed Brothers, #10.5)
  • Don't Doubt (The Reed Brothers, #11)
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
  • The Dirty Bargain
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos #2)
  • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Ynyr (Tornians, #3)
  • Oryon (Tornians #3.5)
  • A Grim Holiday (Tornians, #1.5)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Wild Wolf (Dangerous Wolves, #3)
  • His Wolf (Dangerous Wolves, #2)
  • Wolf Magic (Dangerous Wolves, #1)
  • Mister Tonight
  • F*ck Love
Jenni Moen lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three crazy, exuberant kids who have the potential to burn the house down at any moment.

When she’s not chauffeuring kids around town, performing her mom duties as a short order cook and maid, or vacuuming for her fastidious husband, she hammers away at her keyboard. Most of the time, she's up to no good, but every now and then a new book is born.

With the Father (1 books)
  • With the Father (With the Father, #1.0)

News & Interviews