Start by marking “The Case of the Long-Legged Models (Perry Mason Mysteries) ” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Long-Legged Models (Perry Mason Mysteries)

The Case of the Long-Legged Models (Perry Mason Mysteries)

(Perry Mason #56)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  439 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Stephanie Falkner is forced to deal with the mobsters who almost certainly killed her father, including smooth, sinister George Casselman, but she needs Perry Mason's help when Casselman is murdered--and the gun turns up under her pillow.
Published 1966 by Pocket Books, Inc. (first published 1958)

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Long-Legged Models (Perry Mason Mysteries)

Evgeny
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It turns out Mason have regular clients. One of such was a businessman Homer Garvin Sr. He had a son unsurprisingly called Homer Garvin Jr. The latter was a used car salesman and let me tell you after finishing the book my opinion about this job has not improved any.
Used Car Salesman
But let me get back to the plot.

The book begins with a girlfriend of Homer Garvin Jr. asking for an appointment with Mason. It turned out her father had been killed by mobsters and at present she had to make a deal with them regard
Richa
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too many guns! Somehow, I did have a vague idea about the real outcome, but I didn't know who exactly was the culprit. I could make out who weren't guilty though.
This is one of the few Mason Mysteries where there was more factual jugglery than any good court room jugglery.
Mayda
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music
Back before personal computers and search engines, there were gumshoe detectives and the lawyers who hired them. In this novel, written in 1957, Perry Mason must rely on his instincts, his private eye, and legwork. And his faithful personal assistant (although she probably wasn’t called that), Della Street. Stephanie Faulkner comes to Mason for some advice, knowing he is on retainer by someone who is a fellow stockholder in a shared company. Thus begins a somewhat convoluted case involving this ...more
Rob Smith
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
A fun entry of Mason and Street at work. The case is a bit convoluted as presented in book form as Gardner seems to struggle to make a shifting of an important clue the focus. The shifting makes it necessary to shift other parts of the story nd make the whole book seem more like a game for the reader than a solid plot.

The characters are well written. The scenery is fine, in that there are few locations written. Seemed to me while reading there are so few locations, this could also be put togethe
Lorilee
Best one in the series so far.
Jeffrey Marks
The plot used ballistics, but was so convoluted that it was hard to follow the bouncing guns sometimes.
Jerry
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I read a lot of these Perry Mason novels in high school. A nice trip down memory lane, though I don't recall this particular one. There are apparently 150 of them..
Vincent Darlage
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
An entertaining story of three guns and one murder, with the guns being swapped about - or thought to be swapped about - and a bit of romance thrown in.
Keith Astbury
The Case of the Long-Legged Models is a misleading title, making it sound like some cheap titillating read. It's not. The fact that the rarely featured models have long legs or not is neither here nor there. What this is, is basically a book of two halves - Mason doing his homework in the first half, the court-case in the second. And yes, the rather smug Mason comes out looking rather clever, but boy, talking of halves...it doesn't half go on once we reach the courtroom. It was starting to get o ...more
Nicole V Drakes
Not a bad book. The plot was believable and the characters well developed. Apart from the excessive amount of time spent on the presentation of the prosecution's case and the rushed ending where Perry Mason is scrambling to find a defense, The Case of the Long-Legged Models was a decent read.
Rob Davis
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Great solution. Did not see it coming. Fun read.
Yadunanda Mukundhan
First of all, I am not an avid reader so feel free to correct me at any instant or any place. So it took me nearly 4 hours of night reading to complete this book.

Ok, let me start off! “The case of the long-legged models” written by Erle Stanley Gardner is a perfect combination of an informative and a very well paced book. As every Gardner’s novel the protagonist in this novel is our very own quick-witted and a highly talented lawyer Perry Mason. So, as the title goes, it has a story line which
Sean Pagaduan
Sep 14, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ENGL 101 or Creative Writing 101 classes with a subheading that reads: "how not to write."
There's a reason why Agatha Christie's famous and Gardner is not. Christie's characters are alive, funny, tragic, serious, awesome. Gardner's characters are one-dimensional, boring, cut from some character pallete.

The majority of the story exists in dialogue form, with just a bit of expository stuff at the beginnings of chapters, to establish where Mason and co. are, setting-wise. In a /murder mystery/, you'd think that the author would have to go through great length in describing scenes exactl
Ed
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal, mystery
#55 in the Perry Mason series. A mystery so complex that Perry Mason himself is convinced his client is guilty and is looking for to a verdict that will avoid the gas chamber. Father and son suspects, a defendant, a secretary and a new bride who qualify as long-legged models, three identical guns and a grossly pregnant ex-secretary are ingredients in this entertaining courtroom drama.

Perry Mason series - A young lady inherits shares in a gambling place at Las Vegas. Her father had refused to sel
Doug Dams
An inherited casino that Mason is asked to broker a deal for, soon involves his client in a murder. Shady characters, and beautiful models round out the characters and suspects. The courtroom is where Mason reveals all and exposes the murderer despite the objections of Hamilton Burger, who loses another case to Mason.
Jo
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Timeless

I grew up with Perry Mason. The television series starring Raymond Burr ran for a long time and was one of my favorites (as a teen, I had a crush on Paul Drake). I didn't read Earl Stanley Gardner's books, featuring the famous lawyer, until I was in my twenties. I was hooked. The Case of the Long-Legged Models was one I'd not read until now. I'm hopelessly hooked again.
Les Anderson
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a change. Mason couldn't figure out the truth, so he deliberately confused the evidence. Sure, he's kept things that the prosecutor calls evidence, but this was starting to cross the line a little I think. Of course, in the end, the truth comes out and the confused evidence doesn't even matter.
George
Sep 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perry Mason mystery in which the lawyer manages to win another case. In this one, his client is suspected of murder and, as usual, gets his client acquitted while also solving the case. In this case, the client and two others are all Las Vegas show girl model types. Mystery involves murder and black mail.
Rupesh Goenka
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Humorous, Suspenseful, Entertaining... A Perry Mason mystery...
Danny Reid
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the most twisty of the mysteries-- the guns should have been defined sooner-- but it's always fun to see Mason pull everything together perfectly in the last dozen pages.
Gunjan
Japneet
Jun 21, 2013
Mary
Jan 02, 2011
  • Please Pass the Guilt (Nero Wolfe, #45)
  • The Bigger They Come
  • Calamity Town / Dragon's teeth

Perry Mason (1 - 10 of 85 books)
  • The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason #1)
  • The Case of the Sulky Girl
  • The Case of the Lucky Legs
  • The Case of the Howling Dog
  • The Case of the Curious Bride (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Counterfeit Eye (Perry Mason Mysteries)
  • The Case of the Caretaker's Cat  (A Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Sleepwalker's Niece
  • The Case of the Stuttering Bishop
  • The Case of the Dangerous Dowager

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Watchers Of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Jaws
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Prisoner of Heaven (Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3)
  • The Romanov Cross
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
  • A Purple Place for Dying: A Travis McGee Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
  • Brighton
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Aftermath (Inspector Banks, #12)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Of Power (Paul Madriani, #9)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon