Start by marking “The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)

The Stowaway Solution (On The Run #4)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  1,974 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
The thrills take to the seas in the latest breakneck-speed adventure from ace storyteller Gordon Korman.
Aiden and Meg Falconer are on the hunt for the one man who might be able to free their parents from jail. The hitch? There are plenty of other people on the hunt for THEM, including the FBI and an eerie, hairless killer. After one close call too many, the Falconers find
Published October 1st 2005 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Stowaway Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stowaway Solution

Jayden
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good book. A very adventurous and suspenseful series. The characters stowaway on a boat and go to a place where they jump off. To be comtinued. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
Paul
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The book was pretty good but not 4 star satisfaction. It was a pretty good speed in the beginning, but too fast at the end. It had very low action ratingmso, 3 stars.
Carolyn
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fast paced page turner. I used to love this series and have fond memories of racing through the volumes.
Jeff Miller
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This series seems like "The Fugitive" for young teens. Book 4 was not as engrossing as the first three. There is only one mention of Hairless Joe and that is the end. The overall story is not advanced much, other than the Falconers get out of California. We listened to this book on Audible on a road trip and my 8-, 14-, and 17-year old boys enjoyed the story.
Lucas
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book about the Falconer kids who were stowaways on a boat an were trying to free their parents who got wrongly accused for a life senctance . Would recommend to anyone looking for a good book
Nicole Luiken
Rereading this series to my kids. Lots of exciting, high action scenes, but very little progress on the overall plot. Hmmm, except I guess the kids do get a chance to talk to their nemesis, J. Edgar Giraffe.

Hunter
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Stowaway Solution by Gordon Korman is a great book. It has a lot of action and is just as good as the first three. In this book, Meg and Aiden need to get to Denver. They end up taking a boat to get out of California, where they were being hunted. They have to get on the boat by climbing in the cargo and getting out later. They ended up getting found out and jumped into the stormy waters. They both almost died.

In my opinion, this book was a good book with a tremendous amount of adventure. I
Star Shining Forever
*Spoilers*

LA is crawling with police. Aiden and Meg Falconer, the only hopes for their innocent parents in jail, are searching for evidence to prove their CIA contact Frank Lindenauer was in fact the real traitor. The only way out is being smuggled aboard a ship in empty oil casks. Things are bad enough at first, hiding in a swinging lifeboat and then in the water tank, but things go horribly wrong when they are discovered and caught by the crew. Dare they hope for a miracle?

Knocking out a sail
Chloe Kim
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing story! Two adventurous kids running out in the whole United States trying to. Surviving to save their innocent parents from jail
Dylan Unruh
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read on the run book #4: The Stowaway Solution By Gordon Korman. It was a GREAT book! Starting off where t he last book left off when they are running from FBI, Hairless Joe, and the cops from many counties. This is where they left off. I highly recommend that you read the first 3 books if you want to get anything out of this review.

Aiden and Meg are trying to get to Denver to get to HORUS where Frank Lindeneur worked before disappearing. The only way that they can find to get there is by s
Chris
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The previous two books in this series established the status quo, so to speak. The kids search for information to prove their parents' innocence. They get spotted and chased, but avoid capture, and then resume their search for information. Sometimes they end up having to live in another makeshift temporarily living arrangement, before eventually leaving and finding another place to stay. And that's basically the plot flow of books two and three.

But this one shakes things up considerably. For one
Gabriel
Feb 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: school-09-10

This is the fourth book of a long adventurous series. Each book has it's own twists and turns in one big story. The Falconers are chased by a hit man and the cops. Also they are trying to find a man by the name of Frank Lindenauer.

A connection I can make is between the two Falconers to Holden Caulfield from the Catcher In The Rye. They both runaway for what they believe. They are out on the streets alone. This is a text to text connection because it is between two books.

I thought this book wa
Heather p
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I thought this book was f
Maddy 11-12
Dec 04, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was all right. I did not like how book 2 had an ending chapter that left you wondering about book 4 but it turned out book 4 wasn't the amazing book that you were expecting. And I didn't really like the idea about a stowaway because they just walked right on the boat, hid in a bucket, then jumped off. In real life, it's pretty much impossible to do that then jump off and survive in the freezing cold ocean! Other then that, I gave it 3 stars because it drew a great picture in your head ...more
PJ
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: classroom-books
Another great book in the Falconers series. The brother sister duo make a daring escape by stowing away in a boat. Once they are caught, they must then hide in the ship. From a deserted island, treading water and eluding a FBI agent in a hospital, it is constant action. I would recommend reading the previous books in the series to truly understand all the twists and turns. The audio book is fantastic! I would highly recommend this series.
Johnnie Huff
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The stowaway solution. Book number four. Very good hiding spot, bad placement. Aiden and Meg stow away in empty oil barrels on a ship to be shipped out of the state. when they are placed on the boat, they find out that Aiden has been places on the top palate where he can get out and move freely. on the other hand, Meg has been placed on the 2nd palate to the bottom and has no way to move or get out of her barrel. read on and find out what happens.
Shelley
Jun 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I've had enough of this series and it should be over with by now or this story wasn't written as great as the first three books, because I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. I'm felt when I read this book that this story is really being prolonged and just get it over with already. I'm really hoping I still don't feel this way, because I still have book five and book six to read. I don't feel a "rush" to pick up the next book and continue the series.
Daniel
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aiden and Meg find out that Frank Lindenauer actually did not work for the CIA, however, thaey still need to find him. The only clue they have is that he might be in Denver...

Stowing away on a boat, Aiden and Meg try to belnd in with the crew, but in a matter of seconds, they are captured, and are soon sperated...

The two, while trying to find each other, quickly get ready to find their "Uncle"...
Zach
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this book was alright. I liked the other books better. This book has the same reason as the other books and that is Aiden and Meg want to prove that their parents are innocent. Aiden and Meg get on a ship because they were running away from the cops. They end up staying on the ship until something happens. Aiden and Meg are doing anything they can to not get caught. They are having quite an adventure, so you will have to read the book because I don't want to spoil anything.
THE COOL KID AWESOME
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this book Meg and Aiden are still on the run. They are trying to find help to free their parents, but while they are looking for one person who can help them. They have an idea of one person who can help them, but everyone including the police and FBI are still looking for them. In this book, they are now hiding on a ship. But they have the killer, the FBI and everyone else trying to find them.
Micah H
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Keith
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series really hit its stride with this novel. The kids stowing away on the ship was a different take on their flight, so that added a new and interesting dimension to the saga. The kids also really came into their own when they spent time alone and had to face unique challenges without any support.
Austin
Jan 18, 2009 rated it liked it
The 4th book of a great series of books that anyone who likes adventure books would like this. its about 2 kids a brother and a sister who get put in a juvinille place to work on a farm. one day they had a fire and escaped! During there adventure a man tries to find and kill them because he doesnt like there parents. Because they were accused of a crime they didnt commit.
Evan
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
3 way tied for my favorite series. It is suspenseful and you won't want to put it down. The series seemed to be over quickly, as I couldn't stop reading it. I however was excited when my favorite author, Gordon Korman came out with a second follow-up series to the On-the-Run series, the Kidnapped series. It was awesome too.
Haase  Racing
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Although this is my least favorite book in this series, i still like the book. I love the adventure in the plot and it is very exciting to wait and see what is going to happen next while their trapt on the ship.
Robyn
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is really good so far. Adien and Meg are getting separated and Adien might be going to jail once he is better from the ocean thing. Will they get back together again? will they prove that their parents are innocent? Read it yourself to find it out!
T.M. Carper
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Very action packed and tense as they narrowly escape J. Edgar Giraffe and a killer is closing in on them.

Not much storywise as to finding answers about their parents but still a fast-paced read full of adventure. 4th of 6.
the BATMAN
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
As I have said before,I think the 2nd one was better.this one was more "run away,get on the ship and survive" tipe thing.Anyway it was a good book,I recommend it to anyone who has read the first, second and third ones.4 stars!!
Abdul
Oct 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
this book is about 2 kids who lost the parnts they at presint for something they did not do.so the 2 kids did not stop looking for close,they want to see stuff that can prove ther perint did not do anything.i gave this book 4stars becoase it was funny and intrising.
Lee
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Still following Aiden and Meg as they traverse the country looking for a way to prove their parents are innocent. This one may be the most unbelievable one so far of the series, but does set up that maybe some of the law enforcers really are on their side.
Vecchio Book Club: The Stowaway Solution Discussion 3 2 May 11, 2012 08:58AM
  • Tracker
  • I'm Not Who You Think I Am
  • The Long Way Home (The Homelanders, #2)
  • Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • Kitty Hawk (I, Q, #3)
  • The Code (Spy X #1)
  • Double Vision (Double Vision #1)
  • The Boy Who Saved Baseball (Cruz de la Cruz, #2)
  • Bringer of Storms (Binding of the Blade #2)
  • Return Of Santa Paws (Santa Paws, #2)
  • Operation Red Jericho (The Guild of Specialists,  #1)
  • Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword, #3)
  • Not a Trace (Chloe & Levesque, #7)
  • Nightmare (Undercover Girl, #3)
  • Martin Luther King Jr.
  • The Last Dog on Earth
  • Escape from Shadow Island (Max Cassidy, #1)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman

On The Run (6 books)
  • Chasing The Falconers (On The Run, #1)
  • The Fugitive Factor (On The Run, #2)
  • Now You See Them, Now You Don't (On The Run, #3)
  • Public Enemies (On The Run, #5)
  • Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
  • Nineteen Seventy Four
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)