Start by marking “Neil Gaiman/Chris Riddell 3-Book Box Set: Coraline; The Graveyard Book; Fortunately, the Milk” as Want to Read:

This exclusive box set contains the British editions of three bestselling Neil Gaiman classics in paperback, including the Newbery Medal and Carnegie Medal winner The Graveyard Book; Coraline; and Fortunately, the Milk, all illustrated by acclaimed artist Chris Riddell.

The editions of Coraline, The Graveyard Book, and Fortunately, the Milk in this box set contain the illus
Published September 8th 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Neil Gaiman/Chris Riddell 3-Book Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neil Gaiman/Chris Riddell 3-Book Box Set

Start your review of Neil Gaiman/Chris Riddell 3-Book Box Set: Coraline; The Graveyard Book; Fortunately, the Milk
Rikke
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Obviously this collection is a great buy. It has three very different yet awesome stories, and some very gorgeous illustrations by Chris Riddle. I'm thrilled to own a copy.

I even wrote a more detailed review about the stories in it, but now, two months later, it's disappeared. That should teach me to backup reviews, but in this case I spent quite some time writing and it was all for nothing.

Instead I should have found a book to read.

But, never mind that.. The collection is great. And one I'll
EA Solinas
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Illustrations can make or break a book's experience -- good ones will enhance the book's atmosphere, and bad ones will wreck your ability to envision what the author describes.

Fortunately, Neil Gaiman has connected with some great illustrators over the years. And one of the illustrators who best works with Gaiman is Chris Riddell, who has illustrated the three books in this collection: the whimsical "Fortunately the Milk," eerie children's horror story "Coraline," and the elegant, gothic "The Gr
Mutlu
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
E
paola
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fortunately, the milk
"After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world" (P. Pullman) and Fortunately, the milk is exactly the kind of book that reminds us of how stories are wonderful.
It's a children's book that you enjoy even when you're not a children anymore. For me it was impossible reading it without a big grin on my face and Chris Rhiddell's illustration are just perfect and make the story even more engrossing.
Reading this book it's an amazing
Nevyana
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this box set which was gifted to me by a loved one.
Gaiman is among my favourite authors, ever since I first discovered his existence by reading "Good Omens".
Riddell's drawing style is "cute", creepy and uncomplicated at the same time, and enhances the beauty of the text without overshadowing it. Actually, only "Fortunately the Milk" is fully illustrated (meaning that the text is enclosed in the drawings). "Coraline" and "The Graveyard Book" only have several drawings each but
Abdulsalek
Apr 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
I want to read
Imlibenla
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are three books here. Coraline is a film already and I have watched it for God knows how many times. The Graveyard Book is a story I never wanted it to finish.. Or get over.. Brilliant!
Harmony Lawson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What fun and refreshing books! I loved all 3 of them!
Shravanthi
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely re-read material! All three stories are gems :)
Dörthe
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This Box Set was given to me because I was interested in getting to know Neil Gaiman's books.

I did really enjoy reading every single one of the books - however, 'Coraline' was my favorite.
It's a quite dark story for a kids book and illustrated beautifully (as well as the other two) by Chris Riddell. I liked the lesson it taught about bravery, that - in my opinion - can be summarized perfectly by the following quote

'Because', she said, 'when you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave.
Natira
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ich mag die Zeichnungen Riddells in den drei Büchern. "Fortunately the Milk" ist am üppigsten illustriert, in den anderen beiden Büchern leiten die Bilder die Kapitel ein. Die Zeichnungen, die die Charaktere bzw. Szenen in meinen Augen wunderbar aufgreifen, sind jeweils nur auf dem Cover coloriert, ansonsten schwarz-weiß.

Gelesen am 03.10.2016 habe ich nur zwei der drei Bücher, da ich "The Graveyard Book" vor nicht allzu langer Zeit bereits in einer vollständigen Lesung von Neil Gaiman gehört ha
Lavender
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: donated
Neil has been one of my favorite authors for a while, but I had somehow never read any of these. I got this boxed set for my birthday from a friend who saw it on my wishlist. "Coraline" is great; I had seen the movie, but the book is better! "Fortunately, the Milk" is imaginative and has great illustrations. "The Graveyard Book" has some great bad guys, but is also very poignant; I cried a little. I would recommend these books to children* and adults of all ages.

*Of course, some of these books h
Nicole Shelby
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
The Graveyard Book: "There was a smile dancing on his lips, although it was a wary smile, for the world is a bigger place than a little graveyard on a hill; and there would be dangers in it and mysteries, new friends to make and old friends to rediscover, mistakes to be made and many paths to be walked before he would, finally, return to the graveyard....but, between now and then, there was Life; and Bod walked into it with his eyes and his heart wide open."

Like Kipling's Jungle Book. If it took
Aurumora
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Fortunalely the Milk: Nice crazy book for Kids and english reader beginners. There a verry detailed drawings. I like the crazy cover to, rembers me at german Bonbons (Sahne-Erdbeere). Nice Edition for collectors as well."

"Coraline: A nice Name for a brave Story. It is much better than the film. The introduction was verry intresting."

"The Graveyard Book is almoust like many shortsotrys. At the end everything fits perfectly well."
Carly J
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I am super excited that I won this from Freado! I have already read Fortunately The Milk, and it was hilarious. I read The Graveyard Book a few years ago, but I can't wait to reread it with the illustrations. Coraline is one that I haven't read, though I have seen the movie, so I'm anxious to see how it compares.
Melissa
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know if I would like the illustrations so I checked The Graveyard Book and Coraline out of the library. I love them. They add to the stories; and there aren't so many of them that they detract. These aren't graphic novels (which are great, but a whole other experience). I will be purchasing the set, which last time I checked, was on crazy sale on Amazon.
Matt Bear-Fowler
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic set of books by Neil Gaiman!
Stefani
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
set is not the best quality :) gorgeous illustrations!
Aaron
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The collection is sweet, but golly is that box tight. I had the hardest time just pulling Coraline out--maybe due to my lack of nails, but still I had to open that thing wide.
Anne
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'd already read two of these books, bit the art made this purchase worthwhile.
R. L. Carlo
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Official Rating:
5/5 stars 🌟
John Millard
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
So far I have read Coraline and Fortunately The Milk to Izzy.
Michelle
Nov 13, 2016
Daniel Guzman
Jan 03, 2018
Sera Fin
Jan 07, 2020
Lungu Denisa
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Este o carte plină de mister și aventuri !❤
Max G
Oct 22, 2018
Joshua
Jan 03, 2019
Darcy
Oct 03, 2016

• Hello, Bastar - The Untold Story of India's Maoist Movement
  • The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year: Holiday Memories Written and Performed by Our Favorite Narrators
  • Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse (Goth Girl, #1)
  • Scott Pilgrim the Complete Series (Scott Pilgrim, #1-6)
  • The Suffragettes
  • Death Note Box Set
  • Sacred Hoops: Spiritual Lessons of a Hardwood Warrior
  • The Listerdale Mystery / The Clocks (Agatha Christie Collected Works)
  • Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Boxed Set (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #1-3)
  • You Have the Right to Remain Fat
  • Winnie-The-Pooh Classic Collection
  • Bloodlust & Bonnets
  • The Daydreamer
  • Eleven
  • The Athena Alliance (Underworld Saga #5)
  • The House of Hades (Underworld Saga #4)
  • The Value of Giving: The Story of Beethoven
  • Making Waves (Lake Manawa Summers, #1)