Start by marking “Going Below the Water's Edge: Past Lives, Reincarnation, Inner Self” as Want to Read:
Going Below the Water's Edge: Past Lives, Reincarnation, Inner Self

Going Below the Water's Edge: Past Lives, Reincarnation, Inner Self

"Have we been someone before? Is there a cycle to life that passes personality and society’s characteristics through the generations, much like our physical characteristics are passed by various chemical configurations?

What about many major religions that base their belief on reincarnation or past lives, and often times their leadership on someone’s presupposed link to th
Published October 27th 2014 by AuthorHouse

To ask other readers questions about Going Below the Water's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Below the Water's Edge

Glen
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

This is a book that describes a man's sessions of regressing into his past lives through hypnosis. I know, I know, this sort of thing has been "debunked." However, in this day and age, a lot of things supposedly "debunked" turn out to actually be bunked, despite what a couple of people in lab coats say.

Interesting, but won't change any minds.
Rebecca McNutt
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm still pretty doubtful even after reading this book, but it's a very interesting read nonetheless, diving wholeheartedly into a realm of philosophy and spirituality that has become a major part of many religions for centuries. My first look at the subject was in the 1970's film Audrey Rose, but I knew very little about reincarnation until picking up this book.
Heidi The Reader
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads. FTC guidelines: check!

Going Below the Water's Edge is a collection of hypnotic, life regression sessions that the author took part in during 1979. The sessions themselves are fascinating explorations of the subconscious/unconscious mind. Even if the reader does not believe in the phenomena of past lives or reincarnation, Fehribach touches upon powerful archetypes in his mind that shape how he views the world and lives his life.

Th
Misha Almira
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Going Below the Water’s Edge covers some very deep and interesting topics. The idea of an immortal soul is not new, but really diving into the topic is unique. His introduction talks about an iceberg and how most of the iceberg is submerged below water. Transferring that concept to the idea that this earth life, as we know it, is only the tip of the iceberg from an eternal perspective is a strong start to the story.

He covers the topic of the immortal soul and discusses reincarnation at length. T
Misha Almira
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Going Below The Water’s Edge Review- Engrossingly Thought Provoking – Rated 4.5

He
Ebook Planet
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Is there something more to this existence than the seemingly prosaic experience of everyday life? Are we merely organic beings living finite lives? These are questions we ask ourselves so often, but there are so many people offering "answers" that it all becomes white noise. Occasionally we hear from one who may be able to offer real insight, but how do we objectively assess such claims? This is my problem with this kind of book, and the very reason why spiritual exploration is, for me, a person ...more
Tyler Knight
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was much shorter than I expected, but nevertheless, it was still very good. The main focus for the story is how the author, Ron, visits a specialized psychiatrist who, under hypnosis, guides him through multiple "past lives". The majority of the novel details the dialogue between Ronald and the psychiatrist. Going Below the Water's edge was very interesting, and talked about subjects that I never really knew much about. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys subjects involving the m ...more
Chris
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
l won this book in Goodreads Firstreads

l am fascinated by this subject and was so looking forward to reading these accounts as l too have tried hypnotic regression. l was however unable to be hypnotised, l was the first person my hypnotist had failed to hypnotise in her 30 year career. l was, and remain a challenge.

However, back to the book. l could not enjoy reading it as the style of writing was convoluted. l think the author wanted 'to boldly go. . . ' oh so many split infinitives which quick
Kathy
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of the book "Going Below the Water's Edge: Past Lives, Reincarnation, Inner Self" by Goodreads First Reads program.

The book was fascinating to me. I especially liked how Fehribach started the book by telling us what the various world religions say about reincarnation of the soul, followed by poems and writings about reincarnation by famous people through the centuries. Obviously, the thought of reincarnation and the ever-life of the soul is not new. Nor is the thought that our
John
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: autographed
All the reviews are very close and I agree with most of them and would rate this at a solid 3.75. It's an interesting reading that will have you thinking and wondering. I think most would enjoy this quick read. I won this great book on GoodReads.com. Like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy.
Ann Taylor custance
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book! Not too 'bizarre',but a fascinating subject that the author seems to be just telling the reader what he experienced. So far I don't feel like he has a hidden agenda, or a particular ideology to promote. I haven't finished it yet, but so far it is great.
Annie
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Very interesting read that explores the human minds beyond the conscious realm. He explore the idea of immortality of the soul and reincarnation at legth that will leave readers thinking and questioning.
Michelle Schanbacher
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this was an interesting read. Told in the form of transcribed hypnosis sessions, the book follows the author's journey through past lives and the workings of the unconscious mind.
Clarissa
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The book does not really deal with the concept of age regression as a possibility; rather, it deals with the power of the subconscious, which can offer a better glimpse into an individual's nature and rationale than anything else. It was interesting to read about Fehribach's journey into self-introspection, and his conclusion was something that I was not expecting at all. I recommend the book to those interested in the power of the subconscious; if you are looking for a book that "validates" the ...more
Mary Ridgeway
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am finding this book very interesting and enlightening and very hard to put down at bedtime. I most positively recommend this book to read if you do or do not believe in reincarnation because I truly believe this book will make you a believer.
Marilyn
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
* I won this book from a GoodReads giveaway *
I was disappointed with this book. I thought that it would be a lot more interesting. It is a quick read, but I really struggled to finish it. I might give it another chance down the road a bit.
Jona Taylor
Sep 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was terrible...dull and pointless. I bought it so I made myself read it.
Donna
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
A very interesting book. I enjoyed it.
Michelle Olms
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Malin
Nov 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
I won this book (signed) from a Goodreads giveaway.
Ronald Fehribach
Dec 17, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

5star-flat-web.png

Review: 5 Stars!

Reviewed by Gisela Dixon for Reader’s Favorite

Going Below the Water’s Edge: Past Lives. Reincarnation, Inner Self by Ronald S. Fehribach is a riveting, autobiographical account of Ronald’s path towards self-discovery and his knowledge of reincarnation. This book combines elements of philosophy, the power of the conscious and unconscious mind, mysticism, hypnosis, psychology and more in a compelling account of one man’s journey into the realm of his past lives and what it all mean
Blackwater
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book in a giveaway on Good reads. Past life regression is a topic I'm interested in. The book starts with some interesting quotes on past lives. Next, is a brief biography of the author and his reasons for wanting to explore the unconscious mind through hypnosis. I wish he had given just a bit more information here as he writes of several life-changing experiences but none in depth.

The bulk of the book is the transcript of multiple sessions of hypnosis, presumably going backward and f
Josefine
I recieved a signed copy of this book in a goodreads giveaway.
I expected a different thing about this book but i was positivly surprised at the begining. The author transcribed his sessions with a hopnotist. that was very interesting. Even the start with the quotes of famous people about reincarnation and the theory about energy transfer are interesting and i was quite entertained. But some things just rubs me the wrong way. The author is to .... knowledgable for someone who wants to find his wa
Haley
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I won this book from a goodreads giveaway.
I was very surprised and slightly disappointed with the outcome of this book. I had expected an inspiring and enlightening book that was rich with information about the concept of reincarnation. Instead, eight out of the eleven chapters in this book were nothing but very detailed sessions of hypnosis and past life regression. The greatest value this read gave me was thorough instructions on how I could perform self-hypnosis. My favorite aspect of this bo
Nikki
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I won this as a Goodreads giveaway book.

This is a hard review for me. I wanted to like this book more than I did. The information in the book is quite interesting. Where I found the book lacking was in the delivery. I can't help but feel that the information in the book would be better received and more useful had an editor worked on the way the information is delivered. I found the delivery to be distracting.
Leonard H.
Oct 08, 2017
Rhen
rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2015
Sajith Buvi
Apr 02, 2015
jediShelley
Jul 08, 2015
Raghavan Srinivasa Desikan
May 09, 2017

• Pieces Like Pottery
  • Take a Look... There's Money All Around You!
  • Stand
  • The Bone Whisperer
  • Thrive: 30 Inspirational Rags-to-Riches Stories
  • Killing the Math
  • Lust for Life
  • You are the Problem, You are the Solution
  • Meek (White Stone Chronicles, #1)
  • Hourglass
  • Because
  • Developing Minds: An American Ghost Story
  • Be a Better You
  • Chocolate Making Adventures
Ronald Fehribach spent his early years growing up in a small Indiana town surrounded by lakes, rivers, and a beautiful countryside. In high school he developed a liking for drafting and entered a technical institute after graduation. He wanted to be an architect, but the assassinations of the 1960s, racial strife, and the Vietnam War lead him to change his plans.

Redirecting to a political science