Start by marking “When in Bloom (Southern Charm #4)” as Want to Read:
When in Bloom (Southern Charm #4)

When in Bloom

(Southern Charm #4)

Could the personal challenges of a former Army doctor and a brilliant florist get in the way of a chance at life and love?

Fighting Type One diabetes since childhood, Jude Sebastian runs to prove he can live a normal life, until epileptic seizures begin to change his life. Even with Dawson, his Medical Alert Golden Labrador, at his side Jude finds daily life difficult. He
Published January 23rd 2015 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about When in Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When in Bloom

Start your review of When in Bloom (Southern Charm #4)
Crystal Marie
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read all of the books in this series so far, but I really have to say that this one is by far my favorite. There was just something about the characters that really drew me in and kept me wanting to read more and more.

One thing that I do have to give the author props for big time is that even though there is medical talk in this book, (and what I would consider a fair amount of it), I wasn’t lost with it. It was explained in a way that a person who has no experience with the medical issues
Sandra
Finally catching up on my review for this one. My apologies to the author and publisher for being waaaaaaay behind the 8-ball with this.

This was the only book in the series I read, and it worked well as a standalone, even though it includes characters from the previous books.

This was... nice. A little bland. A little non-exciting. Until the climax, which was out of left field and didn't make a whole lot of sense. Nice banter, nice MCs, nice story flow. Just a little on the bland side.

I liked
Becky Condit
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book before I turned the first page. We meet former Army doctor Dr. Elliott Sheffield mid-PTSD episode as he loses it in a civilian hospital ER. A kind and gentle psychiatrist helps ground Elliott and then assists him in making a decision that may help prevent or lessen future attacks. Meantime, a stray cat adopts Elliott, bringing a calming influence to his environment. The story of getting the nervous cat to the vet will have you grinning.

We meet Jude Sebastian in the
~SexyBookWorm~
This book is definitely a good 4.5 stars.
Jude is a diabetic and epileptic. Elliot is a doctor who recently returned from a combat zone and is dealing with ptsd.
I loved both of these characters and their emotional connection. Even before they admitted love they were so connected body mind and soul. Exactly what everyone dreams of.. finding someone who embraces you for who you are, physical and mental issues included. However, I do wish that the book had ended with Jude topping elliot bc he had
Donna
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-bytes, m-m
This couple fit together perfectly. Not that everything is easy for them but I liked the way they were there to help each other. My problem with the first book in this series was that I didn’t really feel a connection between the main characters and to some extent that carried through to the other stories too. But by the end of When in Bloom I felt that Jude and Elliot had really cemented their bond.

This was also the first book to really stir any emotion in me. And wow, did it ever. I was crying
Cathy Brockman
This is book 4 of the southern Charm series but stands alone just fine.
When in bloom is a beautiful romance between two men with handicaps. I loved both of these men and their fight to have a normal life and love. Jude owns the flower shop in town and has type one diabetes and seizures. He is a sweet man and very careful to monitor his health. He meets Elliott when I he is at the clinic to try to see why he is having more problems after getting an insulin pump. Elliott is coming for an
Sue
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
March 15th to March 16, 2015

TOUCHING ROMANCE!!!

This is a terrifically written touching, beautiful romance between Jude and Elliott. Jude is the owner of the local florist shop, that we met in a previous book. Elliott is the sexy doctor who just transferred into town. Of course they are drawn to one another. This story includes Jude having Type-1 diabetes with seizures and Elliott suffering from PTSD with storm related episodes. Luckily Jude has Dawson a trained alert dog and Elliott was adopted
Inked Reads
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
FiveStars
PTSD is discussed in this story, with war triggers.

I had not read the previous books in this series, but didn’t feel like I was missing much. Dennis did a great job at allowing a reader who just picked this story up to really know the characters.

Jude is such a kind soul. He exudes softness – and it’s not only because he had a medical dog, Dawson, who is also adorable. Jude has this calmness about him.

Elliott is a war vet, ER doctor who decides he needs a new pace to help him continue
Maggie
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

Really liked this fourth story in the Southern Charm series! A wounded warrior, Elliott and Jude a florist with a heart of gold with his own health issues, meet and feel a connection immediately. Jude helps Elliott through a PTSD episode, and shows him how caring he is. Elliott, taking a job in the clinic in town, helps Jude through a health crisis and almost gets killed in the process. Getting through this helps both men to admit their love and begin a life together. Was great to
Clare O'Beara
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this well-told tale of two nice guys in a small Florida town.

The story explores issues relating to type one diabetes, epilepsy, post-traumatic stress and medications. We also get to see a working medical alert dog, a Labrador.

I had not read any earlier books in the series but several businesses run by gay men are visited during the course of this tale, so the flower shop which gives this one its title must be the latest in the sequence. Well done Nicole Dennis, When In Bloom
Tena
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really 4.5 stars. This is a touching story about two men with serious issues and their struggles to overcome those issues. Jude and Elliott turn out to be exactly what the other needs to succeed in becoming whole again. Add in a stray cay cat, a service dog, and the Southern Charm cast, and you have a great story. (And, since it came without warning for me, I will warn you, there's a spot where you'll need tissues.) I look forward to maybe other additions to the series.
Elayne
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-bought-books
I have loved this series from book 1. This one with its two differently damaged MC's is just as compelling and character driven. The running theme in all the books is slowly getting close to a solution? Maybe! Looking forward to the next one.
Brandilyn
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015, mm
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

In each book, one of the main characters deals with an illness or condition that affects their everyday lives. We have seen severe allergies, OCD, and migraines. In Bloom, both characters have issues to overcome. Jude has both epilepsy and type I diabetes. Elliot suffers from PTSD.

For the Complete Review please see http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...

Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts from Cat,

Check out Cat's review at MM Good Book Reviews and to enter the giveaway (ends 27th February 2015)
Bradley Mathis-Krone
Another great story

I know that most HEA M/M books kinda follow the same recipe, but Ms. Dennis sure knows how to take it and spice it up. I've thourghly enjoyed each one of her books in this series and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Candice
I actually like this one more than all the others. Maybe because it was dealing with an interesting disability (Type 1 diabetes) and I thought it was portrayed well.

The climax was a little too soap-opera-y for my liking, but overall this was the best one out of the bunch.
jackie thorogood
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, took an interest as one of the MCs has type 1 diabetes, it was entertaining enough to enjoy. She was really great with the diabetes part in the book.
Simone
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
~RMG
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Barely 2 stars - A stilted dialogue and a less than mediocre plot.
Nikki Hastings
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I always love reading stories that involve Service Animals outside of their most well-know role as Guide Dogs. Yay for Service Dogs!
Anna Bartol
Mar 03, 2015
Megan
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Cowboy Secrets (First Time #2)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Undercover Lover
  • Earning His Trust
  • Str8te Boys
  • Havoc (Tattoos and Ties Duet, #1)
  • Strange Addiction (The 12 Olympians, #4)
  • Ryde the Lightning (The 12 Olympians, #5)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Santorno, #2)
  • The Harder They Fall (Santorno, #3)
  • A Paranormal Chipmunk Christmas (Paranormal Dentistry For the Fanged and Friendly #3.5)
  • Butterfly Wishes
  • Alpha Bourne (Primal Heat #1)
  • A Spark of Chipmunk Love (Paranormal Dentistry for the Fanged and Friendly Book 6)
  • A White Pine Chipmunk Invasion (Paranormal Dentistry for the Fanged and Friendly #5)

Southern Charm (7 books)
  • Rules of the Chef (Southern Charm #1)
  • By the Numbers (Southern Charm #2)
  • On the Green (Southern Charm, #3)
  • Following the Law (Southern Charm #5)
  • According to Design (Southern Charm, #6)
  • Roses & Chocolates