Start by marking “Slam (Completion #4)” as Want to Read:
Slam (Completion #4)

Slam

(Completion #4)

What happens when you have it all, or think you do and your world turns upside down?

Olivia Stradmore, daughter to Senator Jonathan Stradmore, has one goal in life—win her fourth grand slam tennis title in as many years. Olivia doesn’t have time for a stalker who disapproves of her less than modest life choices. She enjoys the occasional tennis pro in bed, short skirts, and
Published January 27th 2015 by Bad Luck Publishing (first published January 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Slam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slam

Sophie's Reading Corner
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: athletes
**4 Slam Stars**

Olivia Stradmore had it all. A tennis champion, daughter of a Senator, pretending to be the innocent daughter, but secretly partying with other tennis players.

"Win at all costs, fuck when it feels good, and keep men at arm’s length."

That was Olivia's motto in life, until the day a crazy stalker came into her life and turned it upside down. Olivia was trying to sneak out, when he attacked her and suddenly she woke up in a hospital bed.

Her father, Senator Stradmore, has ass
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sports Fans, Alpha Males, Intrigue, Romance
3.5 Seriously Alpha Meets His Game Set Match * * * 1/2

Loving sports books, Alpha hunks, strong women, a good solid plot... and I am there. Slam had all the elements to interest me.

We have Olivia; a tennis pro ramping up for another record breaking season...she comes from a family steeped in politics...her father, a revered Senator. She does not always listen to him and rebelled against anyone telling her what to do since she was in her teens. She is driven and only has time for training, meets a
 Rosebud
As the daughter of a prominent US Senator and four time grand slam tennis champion, Olivia Stradmore is used to fans of all sorts, but stalkers are a whole nother ball game.

When a stalker gets a little too close for comfort Olivia is forced to accept a security detail who whisk her away to a secret undisclosed location for her own safety. About to attempt a fifth grand slam title, Olivia doesn't need the distractions her overbearing PITA bodyguard poses as it's hard to keep her eye on the priz
Keep Calm Novel On
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of the ePub from the author in exchange for an honest review.

As the daughter of a successful and powerful senator, Olivia is determined to forge her own path. And she does as a successful pro tennis play at the top of her game professionally and personally. The author has created a strong willed, determined and a woman comfortable in her own skin.

Her life changes when a stalker enters her world. Olivia’s father hires a bodyguard for her protection. The chemistry between Olivia
Carmen Rae
this series started out perfectly and I was hoping this would be the same but it was just a little more hit than miss for what I was chasing. It had more story than full out chest beating alphaness which is what I was hoping for.

Check out my reviews here
Jackie's Book Review
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Holly S. Roberts not only post the best pictures on Facebook especially on Wednesday but she writes really good books.

Okay so with that in mind let me just say the Slam was a very enjoyable and fun read. After reading Play, Strike and Kick which I have to say I learned alot about Rugby, they all part of the Completion Series and I recommend reading this series.

This time the main character is a woman athlete instead of a male which is a switch for the serie that I have to say was a great move fo
Wendy Higgs
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another hit for Holly! This is number 4 in her Completion Series and I think it is my favorite. I fell in love with Olivia....she is a strong woman and knows and goes after what she wants and Brack, OMG, I can picture him so clear in my mind! The story is well written and totally worth reading!
Rebecca
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Win at all costs, fuck when it feels good, keep men at arm’s length”

This is Olivia Stradmore’s philosophy, and even though she’s in the spotlight due to her successful pro tennis career and her Senator father’s protectiveness, these rules guide her and allow her the release and control she needs to maneuver through the craziness of the media, her training, and at this moment, a crazy ass stalker who wants nothing more than to claim her and won’t allow anything or anyone get in his way.

With the
All Romance
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it

MICHELLE'S REVIEW

So I am a huge fan of the COMPLETION series. I read PLAY and STRIKE and just realized that I missed KICK somehow so I must immediately rectify that!!

But I'm here to tell you about SLAM. Here is the number 1 reason I was excited about this book. The cocky athlete in this book? A lady! That's right. The sex crazed, hot to trot character in this book was a woman. Love. It.

This is the story of Olivia- a tennis star who loves sex and loves tennis and doesn't apologize for either. H
Marcey
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is very interesting. It has a good mix of mystery, thriller and romance. I didn't expect anything as great as this. You learn from this book, you learn that sometimes fear takes over, you learn that sometimes love is blind, you learn that true passion exists- not just passion for ones body but passion for ones intelligence, heart, mind, everything, you learn that even if your life is in danger if you are close to the ones you love then you can beat anything or anyone. You are taught th ...more
Mary
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sexy and fun romance based in the tennis world with a strong mystery which drives the drama. Olivia is successful on the tennis circuit and works very hard to win grand slam titles. What she doesn't expect is to have her life and career threatened by a stalker. Brack is hired by her father to protect her after a failed kidnap attempt by her stalker. For a woman used to getting her way and calling the shots, being trapped on an island with the overbearing Alpha male Brack is torture. Of course, t ...more
Lori Levy
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is well written and the characters come alive with great dialogue. It has has something for everyone; some action and suspense, laughter and hot rocking sex. I have enjoyed each and every book in the Completion Series. They have each had a little something that made each wonderful all by itself; but as a group, they are outstanding.

Olivia starts as someone you want to slap and tell her not to be so self absorbed but quickly becomes someone you want as a best friend. Brack is the perfec
Jerri
HOT...HOT...HOT

Holly has done it again. I love this series and I don't think I can pick a favorite. Slam is another hit. This women can write there's no if and or buts about it when she start writing she is on fire. This story really hit home for me because Ive been in this situation not as bad as Olivia but still it was pretty bad so I think I understood very well what Olivia was feeling. Olivia and Brack have this awesome chemistry with one another. The sexual tension between the two of them w
Lisa Fallon
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r, adults, romance
from reading the blurb I was expecting something like the Katie Holmes film the first daughter ( which is one of my guilty pleasures ) yet what I got was a more intense adult version with a bloody lunatic stalker.

This is the first book I've read from Holly s. Roberts and I will be having a look at her other books. I really did enjoy this.
I loved Olivia she's a character with so much spunk I found myself laughing at the banter between her and brack.
brilliant storyline I loved the whole suspense
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
I'm seriously a Holly S. Roberts fan!
She won me over previously in Kick, with her knowledge of rugby......now, in Slam, she manages to integrate one of my favorite sports with a kick ass storyline, a freaking hot alpha and a heroine that doesn't make me wanna gouge my eyes in!
Slam was a fun action packed sexy read. The element of "suspense" or drama was enough to make the story have that slight edge. I thought the "resolution" was actually clever and a different twist.
Ms. Roberts develops inte
A.R. Von
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
SLAM is a great addition to the Completion Series and a nice change up with putting a woman, Olivia in the sports eye instead of a man.
All in all, it's a fun, sexy, exciting, edge of your seat read that'll leave you wanting MUCH more!
I look forward to what Holly will bring us in the next of the series. I've learned to expect the unexpected with her and I love it :)
Mia Taylor
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It was exciting from the first sentence. It didn't drag at all. It kept me in so I felt like part of the action. It seems as if each story gets better. I want the next book yesterday. You know it's a good book when even the end is as good as the beginning.
Claire Wager
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by my favourite author it's a must read for anyone well done holly you've done it again with another hit on your hands xx
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Full review to come on 30/1 during blog tour
Valerie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is bad bad bad. From the very beginning it’s unbelievable and poorly written and edited.

Here is an example, which is just a couple of pages into the book: “The window in the eave of the house was small, though, best of all, not secure. I thought I could manage it. I wasn’t small, though.” Couldn’t the author use a synonym for the second « though »?

Another example: there are two flights of stairs, then another to reach the attic. Heroine reaches the window through which she hopes to e
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Slam is the 4th book in the Completion Series but every book is a complete stand-alone. With Slam and the rest of the Completion Series Holly takes sports to a whole new level and brings us sexy athletes and tells their story. There are balls, lust, sex, suspense, humor, adrenaline, and much more.

I think the one thing I love most about not only Slam but also the whole Completion Series is the careful easy storyline that Holly gives us. Slam was an easy fun filled and sexy read that I quickly fin
Vanessa
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it

I was in the mood for a Romance novel, so when I had the opportunity to read Slam in exchange for a review, I took it. I don’t mention it a lot, but the Sport genre is actually pretty high on my interest list, and sadly, I don’t read it enough. So, that was another reason I was really excited to read Slam.

Let’s start with my loves. I loved that the main character, Olivia, is a sassy, confident woman that has no understanding of the word ‘shy’. She knows wha
Casey
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I am new to the Completion Series by Holly S. Roberts as well as her books, so I had no idea what to expect with this book. I knew that I really wanted to read it from the blurb and sexy cover though, and I am so glad that I gave it a shot. I really enjoyed this book, and I look forward to going back and reading more from this series.

Olivia Stradmore is the daughter of Senator Stradmore, and has dedicated her life to being the best tennis play
Margaret
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I started this book I was expecting a hot sports romance, but what I got was so much more…and so much better! Holly Roberts has delivered a story set in the sports world that had the romantic suspense junkie in me saying…yes, please! Olivia and Brack are a fun couple to watch, the supporting characters added a nice secondary dynamic to the book, and the action and suspense kept me turning the pages and smiling.

So we have Olivia. She’s young, but she has a maturity about her that comes from
Carrie Lahain
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
* I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

A hard-as-nails tennis pro, who also happens to be the daughter of a U.S. Senator, finds her life and career on hold when a vicious stalker decides he'll stop at nothing to get to her.

Olivia Stradmore is a strong, confident woman. Her sexual forwardness is a little alarming--I prefer my heroines on the sweet side. Yet, Olivia's personality matches her aggressive, competitive nature, and it has made her a champion. So, when
Renee W. Tyler,  Battery Operated Book Blog
I want to start off with I have had the honor of reading each one of Holly Robert's books in the Competition Series, and by far this one is my favorite.

This one is about pro tennis, but where usually it is a male athlete, this time she flips it around on us and uses a female athlete, Olivia Stradmore. I like the way that Holly wrote Olivia's person because she aloud her to be a strong willed individual who was happy with her position in life, her career, and the fact that she accepted her sexual
Brittany's Book Blog
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Olivia Stradmore has had the most amazing life – the daughter of senator, and the darling of the tennis world, she lives a fast paced life. There is no time for serious boyfriends, so any liaisons have to be mutually agreed to be purely physical and always private.

Olivia has never found anyone that makes her heart leap or sets her soul on fire. She doesn’t have a vast circle of friends with her jetsetting lifestyle. She likes to keep complications in her life to an absolute minimum. There is on
Jill
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this romantic thriller that finds a spoiled, bratty tennis champ with a bad attitude learning to save herself from a psychotic stalker. Olivia Stradmore has always done what and who she wanted and the only rules she played by were on the tennis courts so when it came to bed partners it was on her terms. The moment Olivia started receiving threatening letters and there were breaches in the security that surrounded her, Senator Stradmore otherwise known as Olivia's father, put her on ...more
Kyjuliano
Shelves: holly-s-roberts
Another winner! I'll admit that Strike is still my favorite in the Completion series but this one is a must read as well.

I love how Holly writes strong female characters with wit and backbone. Her men are always smokin hot and sexy and any book she writes is guaranteed to set your Kindle on fire with the sex scenes. Stalking is a serious issue for many people and I appreciated the honesty and knowledge she brought to this story. Stalkers are dangerous, our laws don't adequately protect the victi
Allison
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mama She's Crazy About Books Blog

My 3.5 star review of Slam

This is my first Holly Roberts book, and it won’t be my last. I really enjoyed the sports theme in this book, and each one in the series is a standalone, that can be read as such- and also sports romances.

Olivia is the main character and I really liked her a lot. She was very sassy, which in a heroine is super appealing to me. She is the daughter of a senator and she is huge in the tennis world. She doesn’t have any time to have a seriou
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Auction
  • Quarterback Blitz (Ink and Kink, #1)
  • Dragons Don't Forgive (Fire Chronicles #3)
  • Wild Men of Alaska (Wild Men of Alaska #1-4)
  • Cold Secrets (Cold Justice, #7)
  • Fair Play (Hat Trick, #1)
  • Two Men Walk into a Bar (at Christmastime)
  • Dark Cure (Refuge, #5)
  • Indulging in Irelyn (Indulging, #1)
  • Echo (The Player, #3)
  • A Hero's Honor (Resolution Ranch, #1)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Curves for Her Billionaire Doms
  • Reborn as Bree (The ShadowDance Club, #5)
  • Gretel (Modern Wicked Fairy Tales)
  • Billionaire Hunt (Billionaire Matchmaker #2)
  • Fighting Chance (Misty Grove #1)
  • Bounty (Hunted Love, #2)
Holly S. Roberts is the USA TODAY Best-Selling Author of the Hotter Than Hell, Club El Diablo and Completion Sports series. If a book doesn't have enticing romance, steamy sex, and hot alpha men she doesn't read or write it. She believes in love at first sight because she lives it with her husband/high school sweetheart.

Holly's passions outside of writing include working out, roller skating, and g

Completion (5 books)
  • Play (Completion #1)
  • Strike (Completion, #2)
  • Kick (Completion, #3)