Start by marking “Blood and Ghosts (Blood #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Ghosts (Blood #2)

Blood and Ghosts

(Blood #2)

Sequel to Blood and Rain

With vampire Nicolas Lambert’s marriage to a rival clanswoman only weeks away, Adrien Gilbert struggles to come to terms with his defeat at the hands of Verel Pelletier, a vampire hunter and an immortal like himself. Adrien and his former teacher, Roland Günter, begin to explore his newly acquired abilities. But without his soul’s sword, Adrien
Published April 20th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Ghosts

☆ Todd
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ugh, serialized stories make me completely bat shit CRAYZEEEE, which is why I'm extremely picky about whose cliffhanger-ish books that I'll read.

But Shira reeled me in with her 'Mermen of Ea' series; plus, I enjoy a good vamp story, so this series was a no-brainer for me.

Book two of the 'Blood' series, "Blood and Ghosts", made me feel like some manic animal that you see on YouTube videos trying to catch that dam"Blood'Mermen
Sheri
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
*****continuation of buddy read with my girl Deirdre*****

Sheri: ….ending?! Talk about a cliffhanger. I might have been slightly grumpy if I wasn’t prepared to start book 2 immediately. And things don’t slow down here, nor do they finish all neat and tidy. I’m stoked for book 3….and this time we have to WAIT!

Deirdre: the waiting …Gah! But I will be planning my calendar around book 3. I did just check on the smartphone that there is not yet a release date for that book yet. I shall work on my patience apparently, lol.

The ending of boDeirdre*****
Secretobcession
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars. Meh.

Too many time jumps that had me as confused as Adrien was, as to just where he was. I like plot twists...but they need to make sense. Ugh.
Shira Anthony
Apr 17, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Book 2 in my Blood Series from Dreamspinner Press. Whereas Book 1, Blood and Rain, ends with something of a cliffhanger, Book 2 ends with a happily-for-now for the main pairing of Adrien and Nicolas. Book 3, "Blood and Eternity", will be released in early 2016.

This book picks up where the first book left off in the lead up to Nicolas's wedding to Rosina Rousseau. But all is not as it seems, and a 200 year old secret is revealed that throws the wedding into chaos and will forever change Ad
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Note: This book was provided to me by the publisher through Hearts on Fire Reviews in exchange for an impartial review.

Shira Anthony has created another masterful tale of adventure and intrigue. I found it hard to believe, but this story was even more complex with intricate subplots, action, drama, and romance than the first in the series, “Blood and Rain”.

As the story opens, the wedding of Nicolas Lambert to Rosina Rousseau is set to take place in a few weeks. Adrien Gil
Rin
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Binge reading a series when the last book is not out yet is never a good idea but alas, here I am. The story in general was very gripping, I couldn't really put down the book because I just had to know what happens next. Every twist and turn comes up with yet another heart-breaking scenario for Adrien and I was really feeling for him right up till the end.

I honestly enjoyed the first book slightly more but that's probably because it was a more linear timeline and
Aislinn
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ugh, this was even more frustrating than the first book. It's not enough that Adrien is plagued by his nemesis Pelletier, instead, for most of this book he's stuck dealing with ... himself. And yeah, that's how I've been feeling about him for too much of the story - stuck with his very unlikable self. There's no reason given for his demon's actions; it's almost like it has allied itself with Pelletier, which makes no sense.

Jean's reasons for the actions he took in the secret revealed
Erick
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Risa
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, even with it's twists and turns with the time travel thing. And the ending - I wanted it to be a HEA, but I was happy the two MCs were finally together. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Whit
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
OMG Shira Anthony is awesomely eeeevil....I want the next book now. :(
ItsAboutTheBook
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: whit
Review can be read at It's About The Book

First of all if you haven’t read book one of this series I’m going to direct you to stop right now and go read reviews from the first book, Blood and Rain. You absolutely have to read this series in order. I’m not trying to spoil but there’s really no way to review book 2 without spoiling book 1 so be warned if you continue reading.

Book 1 ended rather brutally so couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one. I NEEDED some resolution. However
H.B. Pattskyn
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of this particular trilogy--or at least the first two thirds (still awaiting the final book: *drums fingers loudly against desk*)

Warning: contains very minor spoilers (but nothing other reviewers haven't remarked upon)

Blood and Ghosts takes us even deeper into Shira Anthony's intriguing world of vampires, hunters, and immortals--a world that breaks some of the usual tropes in surprising and delightful ways (although I couldn't help but grinni
Shell
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At some point when I first started this series, I caught a glimpse of a review stating Adrien and Nicolas had their HFN at the end of book 2 so I wasn't too stressed as I read all the twists and turns... Boy, what an understatement that review was! While I loved this book, the world Shira created, and the complexity and richness of the plot, I wouldn't call that a HFN! I have a strong desire to send Shira that SNL clip of dude screaming, "FIX IT!" Lol. I've fallen in love with these characters. ...more
Melanie
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it

Rating 4 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit http://wp.me/p220KL-506

From that review: "After the death and destruction of Blood and Rain (Blood #1), I was hoping for some resolution to some of the loose ends and ever expanding plot threads but I should have known better as Blood and Ghosts is the middle story of Shira Anthony's Blood Trilogy. This book only ups the drama, danger, and multiple timelines these characters seem to exist in. And therein lies this story's strengths and weaknesses…"
Alex
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, vampires, paranormal
Complex plot, very intriguing! Can't wait to read the third and last book of the series!!!!!
Gwendolyn
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires, time-travel
I had to write down reminders to figure out which timeline and what was happening.
Jen
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*
Lena Grey
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blood and Ghosts' by Shira Anthony picks up where the first book left off. Adrien is still mourning Nicolas's loss even though it's been over one hundred years. He has basically been kidnapped by Jean Lambert and flown back to France. There's an important council meeting about to take place, and Jean wants Adrien to be there, whether he wants to or not.

Adrien has his share of problems. Besides missing Nicolas intensely, he's still struggling with his inner demon which is linked to hi
Bronwyn
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
No thank you! All the time hopping and back and forth was way too confusing for me. I didn’t care too much for Adrien’s character to begin with and this book made me like him even less. I was more invested in the relationship between Charles and François than I was with Adrien and Nicholas. I saw so reason for Nicholas to be so in love with Adrien. I’m not even going to bother with the third book. Just give me a straight-up vampire book and I’ll be happy. This was too ridiculous for me.
CB
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 books in the series all focusing on the same MC's. Interesting story line(s) that make reading all 3 books a must, none are really stand-alone.

I did not connect with Adrien as much as I did Nicolas and would like to have seen him play even more of a role in some of the story line(s) possible.
Andrea
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
cliffhanger
Becca
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One heck of a roller coaster and I loved every minute!!! Definitely a must read series
Zane Kage
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Still love this series, the characters, the story, but the constant time hopping did me in.
Lee
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was quite a ride. A bit bumpy, a bit winded at times, but. It came into the station as promised. While I'm not truly satisfied with the ending - it felt rushed and incomplete, I will hold judgment until I read book three in the series.
Four Stars.
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 heart review by Vicki

Blood and Ghosts continues the story of Nicolas the ancient vampire, and Adrien the vampire hunter/immortal. We met the two of them in Blood and Rain, which was split between Nicolas and Adrien, and Francois and Charles. One of my complaints about the first book was the sharing of page space between the two couples, so I was happy to see the focus shift to just one couple. Another issue I had was the difficult to follow plot. Unfortunately that didn’t change
Morgan  Skye
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, reviewed
I’ll be honest. I’d be super mad if I didn’t already have book 3 in my hands. This was a really long, frustrating book 2 in a 3 book series.

Book one caught me up. I thought the world building was good, the characters unique and interesting and the romance epic.

In book 2 I wanted to throw my kindle across the room!

This felt like soap opera’ey type “now he’s here” “Now he isn’t” “now he doesn’t remember” “Now the demon is controlling him” “Now he remembers again
Ariel
I didn't like this one as much as the first...there was just too much going on. The time-travel adds a lot of confusion and unnecessary conflict in my opinion. I would have preferred if Shira Anthony would have left out any time-travel and would have just left the plot as Adrien trying to find Nicolas for a hundred years and needing to defeat Pelletier. The time-travel and futuristic changes are just too much for me...I'll still read the next book but only because I want to know how it ends. ...more
Blue Bayou .
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Incredibly well written story however I got confused with the time jumps and the results thereof. I'm not sure how they, Adrien and Nicholas, got to the end of Blood and Ghosts and how that came about. Was I not paying enough attention? I thought I was. I don't know that I would have wanted a run down of how the time jumps changed the future however a little more info wouldn't have been remise. I am going to reading the next installment hopeful that will shed light.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Blood and Ghosts by Shira Anthony 1 11 Apr 21, 2015 05:46AM
Shira Anthony is a complete sucker for a happily-ever-after, and rarely reads or writes a story without one. Never a fan of instalove, Shira likes to write stories about real men with real issues making real relationships work.

In her last incarnation, Shira was a professional opera singer, performing roles in such operas as “Tosca,” “Pagliacci,” and “La Traviata,” among others. Her Blue Notes Ser

Blood (3 books)
  • Blood and Rain (Blood #1)
  • Blood and Eternity (Blood #3)