Start by marking “Playing Doctor (Meeting Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing Doctor (Meeting Men, #1)

Playing Doctor

(Meeting Men #1)

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  125 ratings  ·  49 reviews
The doctor will see you now... Three sizzling-hot erotic romance stories to stoke your mood

In The Intern, the temperature of Dr. Lauren Marks's office quickly rises when her new medical intern Courtney turns out to be a passionate and sexy young man.

Published January 6th 2015 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Playing Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing Doctor

liked it 3.00  ·

~ Cariad ~
3.5 stars overall - definitely a 4 for the last of the three stories!!

I've got to be honest, story 1 was average for me, story 2 was worse but then the third story had this scrumptious little scene at a hotel as she's pressed hard against a window, high above the city...

description

Fuck me! Lovely little half an hour read!

This writer has great potential my advice would be to get away from shorts and write a much more erotic, deep, hot, passionate read – go for it! I think you can blow us all away!

Arc kindly
Wminbc
Karia’s luke warm musings…3-4 Star review.
I was really looking forward to new sexy anthology of “sizzling-hot romances”…but I was left a bit off. I don’t know if it was my mood or the writing or both. The words were a combination of first person and someone telling me what they want the character to be saying, if they were in the story (if that makes any sense at all). I didn’t like Lauren (heroine in the first story), so perhaps that also set me off a bit. She was shallow and rude to Court, who
Tracy's Place
Nothing too deep. If you would like a book with a few short stories that involve relationships mainly based on sex then this is a good one for you. Definitely hot at times.
Michelle
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
** The Intern **
Lauren’s love life is lacking and in the small town where she has her practice the pickings are slim. When Courtney shows up to intern, she expected to find a young female med student... instead she found ‘Court’ a young-hot and very male, med student.

I was not a big fan of this story. Lauren was far too immature for her age and the way she acted. Far too many games and far too bitchy of a character. I focused so much on disliking her that I could barely take in anything else abo
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros

review2

In The Doctor is In anthology you find three novellas with doctors as one of the main characters. They are all erotica novellas, in which the female character find or rediscover her sensual side. These tales present the females journey and not necessarily a HEA type of romance. Yes, they are happily ever after at the end of the book, but not because they have found their own true love, but because they have learned how to love themselves above all.
2 stars novella
The first story is The Intern
Albert
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title - Playing Doctor

Author - Kate Allure

Source - Netgalley

Summary -

Playing Doctor, a collection of three erotic tales centered around medical professionals.

The first, The Intern, is the story of an older woman, having just gone through a painful divorce, and a the young male intern who re-awakens in her desire and her own confidence in her sexuality.

The second, My Doctor, My Husband, and Me is the story of Valerie. A patient whose fantasies about her handsome doctor come to life with permissi
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ NetGalley

From Goodreads:

Valerie realizes all of her fantasies when her sexy surgeon and her loving husband team up to offer her some extra-special treatment in My Doctor, My Husband, and Me.

Nikki gets more than she bargained for in Seize the Doctor when the hot guy she recently met at a bar walks into her exam room wearing a
Geri Reads
Jan 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It just wasn't for me. I find the writing amateurish and the characters act like they're 12. Plus most of the dialogue and the sex scenes made me cringe. :/

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Cindy
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The emphasis here is on sex, not plot, and not characterization. So if that’s what you’re in the mood for it’s a great read. If you’re looking for a book like War and Peace or Fried Green Tomatoes – look elsewhere.

That said, the common thread of the three stories is ‘medical professionals’ – although the AMA might have something to say about their fairly unprofessional behaviors. But this is fantasy sex, not real life! So if you ever wanted to play doctor with the real thing, these stories may b
bookaholic ge
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was smoking Hot!

This is a 3 part erotica novel with the theme of medical professionals. Being a nurse I can say I loved this theme because there are a lot of hot doctors and interns out there that you can't help but fantasize about.

I received this book as an ARC from Netgalley for my honest review. In my opinion this book has something for every erotica romance novel lover. Although at times I missed my happy endings at the end of one of the stories I still felt like it was a great rea
Shirley Frances
In the Playing Doctor Anthology you will find 3 erotic novellas where the central theme is 'falling' for a doctor. Be it the intern who falls for his boss, the married patient who's allowed to explore her fantasy of a threesome with her doctor or the heartbroken woman who although she enjoys her Doctor lover still has issues with committing to him.

The Intern is about an older, recently divorced woman who decides to explore her sensuality when she finds herself attracted to her new office intern
April Symes
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***A gifted copy was provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley for an honest review***

These are a series of three erotic stories based around doctors and/or interns(medical professionals).
I found overall, my favorite out of the stories was the third story in the bunch- Seize the Doctor- It is about Nikki, who is coming out of a bad relationship where she was treated terribly by her ex-boyfriend. She ends up at a bar and she meets a great guy. There was some minor tiff at the club so she l
Patricia
This last story was my favorite and had the steamiest scences.
With that said this was more your average love story with added sex scenes yet nothing to kinky. There are three stories, each has its own appeal. The first story is a lonely doctor who gets a sexy summer intern. Let's just say she gets more than she bargains for. This came in second for me. The second story revolves around a women who wants her surgeon. The build up was slow although when her hubby and her surgeon took charge things
Heather
Dec 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Honestly not much to say for this one. The first story that I read was the Intern and I just couldn't get past how immature the main characters were. And one of them was supposedly the older woman and yet the childhood games were just annoying! And it only went downhill from there.
Barbara
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute concept! Steamy!
Happily Ever Chapter

Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Playing Doctor (Meeting Men, #1)
by Kate Allure

Released January 6, 2015
*** Provided by Natgalley in Exchange for an Honest Review. ***

The doctor will see you now…
Three sizzling-hot erotic romance stories to stoke your mood…
In THE INTERN, the temperature of Dr. Lauren Marks' office quickly rises when her new medical intern, Courtney, turns out to be a passionate and sexy young man.
Tash
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

ARC provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca in exchange for a honest review via Netgalley

Playing Doctor is the first in the anthology series Meeting Men from Kate Allure which all detail sexual encounters with men . This anthology revolves around doctors and not just a drawn out scene. There is a plot and storyline with these stories and individually they could be about novella length if you wanted to pick and chose to read a particular story or two.

The first
Book Binge
This is a book with three short novellas in it. The first book has a doctor in a small town having a summer affair with her cute intern – who’s significantly younger than she is.

The doctor, Lauren, is lonely. She was married for 10 years and her husband was a doctor who shared her practice. She knew their marriage wasn’t perfect but she didn’t think it was that bad. She found out differently when she came home one day and he had cleared out and left her a note. Wow. What an ass. It’s been a year
Caro [The Book Rogue]
The Intern

Sweeeeet! You don't get stories with couples with such an age gap very often, I think. At least I'd like to find more (feel free to leave recommendations in the comments!!). I'm one of those people who believes that love has nothing to do with age and roots in a damn-it-all-to-hell fashion for that kind of thing. ^.^ Thus, this was awesome, even if it wasn't the all goey happily ever after, but rather about self-condifence and a sense of self-worth which is very important for everyone,
~❤️Minnie❤️~
The Intern
Rating: 4 Stars

This is some hot read in here. We have Lauren, a middle age woman who was abandoned by her husband and struggle to keep her practice opened and was succesful when she was able to partner with another doctor and share the financial burden. She is feeling lonely and in need of a stress reliever. When a colleague asks her to help with an intern she agrees without knowing that Courney is really Court and that he will awaken in her a long denied desire.

It was really fun to
Gaele
A three story anthology, all having a central common theme of medical professionals, but each story has its own twist and set up before the adult-themed playing doctor games begin.
The Intern, is an older woman – younger man story. She is devastated and reeling from a divorce, and his attentions boost her confidence and ego, and reawaken her sexuality.
My Doctor, My Husband and Me is a fantasy come to life menagé story where Valerie gets her nerve up and finds willing participants.

Lastly is Sei
Dani (The Pluviophile Writer)
Full review at The Pluviophile Reader: http://wp.me/p3VFNP-7M

3/5 stars.
ARC, e-book, 256 pages.
Read from December 18 to 26, 2014.

I’d like to thank Becca from Sourcebooks Casablanca and Netgalley for allowing me to read an advanced reader’s copy of this book! Publication date: January 6, 2015.

This erotica novel contains 3 short stories with a doctor-theme. Whether the main character is a doctor or the love interest is one, if you fantasize about anything to do with doctors, you might want to pick
Mindy Bigham
*I received an ARC of this book free from NetGalley on behalf of Sourcebooks Casablanca in exchange for an honest review*

The Intern has a hot medical intern that heats up the office. It all starts when Dr. Lauren Marks agrees to take on an intern as a favor.

Lauren is trying to forget about her failed marriage and focus on her small town medical practice. When Courtney turns out to be a sexy, hot young man she will feel things that she has not felt in a very long time. And they are all sexual fee
Nicole
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Intern is about a divorced doctor that runs a general practice in a small town. She takes on a young intern for the summer as a favor for a friend. She is surprised to find that he's very hot and she's attracted to him. Their antics are a little juvenile as they pursue each other. But when they finally give in to their desire, the sex is hot. I found the story pretty interesting. I just wish that there had been some variation to the wording. It came across a little clinical for me, but it wa ...more
DawnMarie  Carpintero
5 Stars

I was given this book for my honest review

Remember playing shadow puppets as a young child? We would have some friends come for a sleep over and turn out all the lights, get the flashlight out and have fun with our hands against the light trying to make the funniest of funny our hands could make. Looking back each shape was unique and funny but most of all these shadow puppets were being forever etched in our hearts.

Come and meet Lauren and Courtney (Court) in The Intern. Lauren is a pret
Margaret
This book contains three separate stories that all revolve around one of the characters being a doctor. Each story is fairly short, and they all focus on a woman who is at a point in her life where some change is needed and the journey she takes to make those changes.

The Intern centered on Dr. Lauren Marks finding herself again after her divorce…and how her sexy, young summer intern helps her get back her self-confidence. My Doctor, My Husband, and Me was about a woman who was looks to spice up
Kathie (katmom)
Happy Release Day!!!

The first two stories were steamy, but didn't have much "heart". They were hot and well-written, but there was a bit of cheating in the second one, and while it worked out for everyone, not really my cup of tea. They are both geared to get your engines running, though!

But the third one! I loved it. It wasn't just erotica, it was romance. I enjoy romantica much more than your straight erotica. This one certainly fits that bill.

Nikki and Hunter meet twice. First, there may be a
Holly
*eARC kindly provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley*

The Intern: This one was my least favorite of the three short stories. I was honestly annoyed with the two characters' relationship in the beginning. Petty games, arguments that made no sense except to play up the tension between them. I was annoyed with the back and forth and the jealousy that brought them both down to the mature levels of five year olds. But how their relationship developed and the ending felt believable, which I li
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Book Trailers (tm...: PLAYING DOCTOR Music-Video Book Trailer 1 5 Aug 25, 2015 01:32PM
Bargain Basement: Naughty or Nice Giveaway — you get to choose 1 6 May 09, 2015 01:19PM
Bargain Basement: Kate Allure Beach Bag giveaway ends tomorrow 1 10 Jan 30, 2015 04:26PM
Bargain Basement: PLAYING DOCTOR Giveaway 1 4 Jan 13, 2015 12:02AM
Bargain Basement: New giveaway! 1 12 Jan 01, 2015 01:55PM
Bargain Basement: Holiday Giveaway 1 4 Dec 22, 2014 09:51AM
Bargain Basement: Playing Doctor, by Kate Allure - Giveaway 1 3 Oct 09, 2014 10:59AM
  • The Dirty Secret
  • Cowboy Jackpot: St. Patrick's Day
  • The Shadow (Men of the White Sandy, #3)
  • Possess Me (Bone Daddy #1)
  • Tryst
  • In Chains (In Chains, #1)
  • What Tears Us Apart
  • Sex Party (Cowboy Sex, #1)
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • A Single Kiss (Sweetest Kisses, #1)
  • The Heart of a Duke
  • The Billion Dollar Bachelor (The Billionaire's Club, #1)
  • The Prince's Runaway Lover (Men of the Zodiac, #7)
  • Men to Die For
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • The Magic Between Us (Faerie, #3)
  • Beauty And The Geek
  • Under These Restless Skies
Kate Allure writes erotic romance novels that focus on sensuality, sexual exploration and, of course, love. She has two books out with Sourcebooks (PLAYING DOCTOR and LAWYER UP) about real women meeting handsome professional men as they go about their everyday lives—and the fun they have with them behind closed doors! She’s also contributed naughty novellas to Marina Adair’s St. Helena Vineyards K ...more

Meeting Men (2 books)
  • Lawyer Up (Meeting Men, #2)