Dismiss Sorry, that person's shelf is private.

Start by marking “Untamed (Unbeautiful, #2)” as Want to Read:
Untamed (Unbeautiful, #2)

Untamed

(Unbeautiful #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  2,423 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews
Emery
No matter how hard I try, I never seem to be able to escape my family’s world. Their madness controls my life, just like insanity consumes my mind.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s real.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell who I really am. The person everyone sees? Or the one I keep trapped inside?
I wonder which person Ryler sees. Just like I wonder who I can trust.
Wonder. Wo
Published February 27th 2015 (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Untamed, please sign up.
Sydney The continuation and by the looks of the way her other series goes, the last about them.
Unless it becomes another long series (which I wouldn't mind),…more
Unless it becomes another long series (which I wouldn't mind), but it is already a spin-off from The Coincidence series.(less)

Christy
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 8381bcb1-507a-49d2-8c13-595ed73e8c05_zpswfpynxps.jpg

Jessica Sorensen’s Unbeautiful series is by far her most mysterious, suspenseful, and intense series. After that crazy ending in book one, I’ve been dying waiting for book 2, Untamed. I had questions that I needed answered. There were things going on that completely confused me. I just had to know what was going to happen with Ryler and Emery.

Emery’s childhood has been completely messed up. She’s taken every step she could to get out of there, to get away from the people and the place.
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

description

I was so excited to dive into this sequel and to my shock this is it, it's a two book series! I was really skeptical because the last book left me with a zillion questions and this book is on the short side. I wondered how the author would be able to wrap up the story so quickly.

description

This was a well written mysterious series with two trapped characters who now find themselves both in really difficult of positions. Emery doesn’t trust Ryler and Ryler can’t tell Emery the truth about who he i
Beverly
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Untamed is the conclusion to Unbeautiful and I am so happy to finally get some answers. When I finished Unbeautiful I was seriously so confused and had no clue where the story was going. Then today while reading Untamed once again I felt like the slow kid in the class rereading lines thinking it would help me solve this mystery.

“What’s going on between us?

A dangerous game that no one can really win.”

Untamed picks up right where things left off in Unbeautiful and we get to see how both Ryler a
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
description

“Untamed” is the second and last book in the “Unbeautiful” series and picks up where the first book ends. At the end of book1 I was so confused. I didn’t know what to think about Emery. Is she crazy or not? Who wants to hurt her and what’s really going on in Ralingford? I bet you felt the same way. Don’t worry, all the questions will be answered in this installment.

“What’s going on between us?
A dangerous game
that no one can really win.”

Emery has lived all her life in fear. She had a trauma
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

After the crazy cliffhanger and 1001 questions leftover from book 1 Unbeautiful, I was very excited to dive in and finally get some answers. I was dying to find out about the mysterious town that Emery has left behind and the strange behaviour of her fellow townsfolk.

Now living in her own apartment and enrolled in Wyoming University, she is finding it hard to trust Ryler, her beautiful and intriguing neighbour that she has fallen for. Ryler has so many secrets that he wants to sha
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
*****5 Fighting Out of the Darkness to Amazing Stars*****

photo angel_zps68kgbbha.jpg

Untamed is the second book in the Unbeautiful series and it was AWESOME!!
The secrets of evil are finally released and this story is truly a life of darkness that Emery has endured.

Ryler, now hired by Emery's father to "protect" Emery, but still working as an informant to bring down the evil. Ryler is told that Emery is crazy and needs to be protected from herself. Ryler is also told to lie to her about everything. These lies break him be
Trisha Harrington
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mf
I wanted to like this more than I did. But I just didn't really like this as the final book.

I would love to see more from Emery and Ryler. I think I need it because this left me feeling kind of meh about it all.
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
Disappointed :(

So much potential, with Jessica's beautiful writing, an amazing BB... and then, this.
First, why two books? I really can't see the point. Both books are SUPER short. The main reason to split a story in two is to write two full lenght books without having a too long standalone, right? Maybe also to create some expectancy? Or at least that's what I want to believe (not money I hope)... Anyways, when you release a book with a cliffy and readers have to wait to read the sequel there a
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Hero: 8/10
Humour: 0/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 5/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 1st person. Book 2 of a 2 book series.

Unbeautiful is a complicated, tormented and dark tale of two lost souls with incredibly messed up lives.

I wished that the romance had developed and been explored a lot more. Though I still found it very enjoyable.
EgyptDiva
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it

I've read other books from this author and I really enjoyed them , but this one just didn't quite work for me. And the sad thing is it really had potential , I felt it could've been so much better, but maybe it's a case of "It's me not you" , because some of the writing style didn't do it for me . The repetition of some words and sentences irritated me a bit , It kind of reminded me of the flashbacks of Ugly love maybe ?! .

Anyways , I didn't feel enough of the strong connection betwee
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In the second part of Emery and Ryler’s story, a lot of the questions that Sorensen raises in the previous book gets resolved here. Now that Emery knows that Ryler is working for her father, everything they have developed in the first book gets thrown out the window. She doesn’t trust him anymore Ryler must keep his distance if he wants to keep his own life.

It’s a dangerous battle what the both of these characters go through but Sorensen makes the focus on the suspense plot rather than the angs
Hms
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
So this is the conclusion of Ryler and Emery's story...IMHO, too many plot twists explained away without a great deal of detail. For example, oh, he's on heroin explains one plot problem away...so as the reader I am wondering why this is the first and last mention of this particular character's addition and crazy behavior. A second example is Emery's mother. Never a mention of her bleary eyes and red nostrils, just her cruel behavior. Yep, she has a coke addition. I just thought the conclusion c ...more
Bj
4 "Untamable Truths and Desires" Stars! After reading Unbeautiful, I found myself clamoring to learn more about the mysterious town of Ralingford, Wyoming and the truths behind Emery's dark past. Untamed left me pleasantly satiated as the shocking truths were finally set free forming the basis for true beauty to shine through. Heavy on the action suspense and also lending adequate attention to undeniable passions and desires, Untamed bore just the right mix to bring this creative and unique new ...more
Cierra
"Life has been full of evil, and if you don't start asking the right questions, the evil is going to be the end of you."

Jessica Sorensen never disappoints! Both stunningly sad and heartbreakingly beautiful, Untamed brings a satisfying end to yet another breathtaking story about how, even in the darkest of times and lives, love can give you the strength and hope to pull yourself into the light.
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
Once you complete "Unbeautiful," you HAVE to dive right into "Untamed." Suspenseful... Gripping....Angst...... these are just a few words to describe the game of "Waiting for the next bomb to drop" that Jessica delivers with her latest release.

The truths for both Emery and Ryler are starting to leak out. Finding himself at a crossroad, Ryler is torn between the feelings his has developed for Emery and true self-preservation. Evil characters have a way of showing their true identities while Emery
Nette VC
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
2,5 stars
andrea have sassy books to read
Umm I don't know why I dint post a review I mean I LIKEthis book just that it didn't make my heart crazy or my stomach full of butterfly
But it was decent
Good with me
maybe I wasn't feeling it don't know but yeah
°~°
Jenny
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Celeste
LOVED! So good. Holy intense. Review soon.

This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

*I received an advance copy of this book,but that did not influence the review**

5 holy intense nail biting stars My heart. Untamed was amazing, high anxiety, totally divine, and perfect. I don’t know how Ms. Sorensen creates this world, this world that puts me in a bubble and consumes me. I swear I was living the words in the poetry that these two created.

I loved the MCs, Emery and Ryler. I’ll be shall
BookHookup
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

I loved the MCs, Emery and Ryler. I’ll be shallow right off the bat and confess that I wi
Eli Paz
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-the-chaser
I'm still torn between the three or four stars.
It's a Jessica Sorensen's book, after all. It almost seems as a cardinal sin to rate her book with nothing less than five-breathtaking-stars.

But, I have to be honest.
This was not what I expected. At all.
I'm almost dissapointed. It didn't reach my expectations.
After that ending on the first book, I was dying for this book to be released.
I needed answers. I needed them NOW.
And then...

See, after all the mistery, suspense, and confusion, I was expecting
Tate
I love the first book and I loved the second one even more.. until I came to and end and BOOOM!!! whats' that? thats it?

image:

not even bit of interaction with the family of devils?!

image:

well, okay, If I think about it it wasn't book about THEM, and we get to learn the truth and what happened but I just thought.. never mind... I love soon drama lama with the cliffy tease at the end, this felt I like smooth sailing from the hell, which never happens.. But good books :)
Rebecca
I have been anxiously awaiting to see how Ryler and Emery’s story would finally unfold. We were left with a huge cliffhanger in Unbeautiful, and this installment begins where the first book ended. The tension between these two is intense to say the least. They are fighting their mutual attraction to one another despite knowing Ryler’s job description. Emery also feels conflicted over Ryler’s alleged betrayal and his ties to her father. Despite their feelings of hurt, there is no denying their de ...more
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
Untamed is the conclusion in the Unbeautiful series. It cannot be read as a stand alone novel.

The danger has escalated. Ryler is in deep with Donny Elderman’s crew. He has been taken under Doc’s (Emery’s father) wing and is being molded into his soldier. Doc is exposing Ryler to more and more of the operations. At the same time he is forcing Ryler to keep Emery in line.

Not only is Ryler frightened for his own life, he is also frightened for Emery’s life as well. Things are not adding up. Other
Sydney
Wow, what a shame. I had such high hopes for this series.
But it ended the way that 95% of NA ends. With two horny people having sex.
It's such a shame. I loved the first one!
It was a thrilling read! Trying to figure out what was going on with Emery and finding out how Emery and Ryler were connected was so interesting!
Then the sequel came and it was... alright.
It's really quite disappointing. It seems that anytime a good NA novel is written, it has to be dashed by its sequel.
Anyways, in this book
J.M. Adele
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Untamed, Book two of the Unbeautiful Series.
I am gobsmacked.
Emery and Ryler are neighbours and friends, but they are not really who they seem.
I am keeping my mouth shut about this story. If you have read Unbeautiful, you’ll be chomping at the bit to get to this next instalment.
This book is evocative and gripping. Throughout the entire book, I felt like I was suspended waiting to drop into the unknown. This series is a must read.
I’ve been a fan of Jessica Sorensen’s for a coup
Preethi
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
In my opinion, Untamed didn't live up to the standard of its prequel. The suspense was ruined so well. The Chemistry between the characters was passable. The Thrill of finding out what's gonna happen was submerged because I was able to guess what's gonna happen next for almost the entire book even though there were a few surprises I never saw coming . The Flow of the story was almost ragged. Though I was elated that the book was given a happy ending, the book didnot fulfill the expectations that ...more
Kasey
Mar 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
MichellemyBelle
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
A uniquely good story but a too fast ending.

I love the covers of both books in the series, like the story they are darkly intriguing and suspenseful. What a uniquely diabolical web Jessica Sorensen weaved. I loved the first book, but felt this one was a little too rushed. I am thrilled with the ending, but was painfully aware of the scramble to make it happen. Once the secrets finally started gushing out, it was done and dusted much too conveniently.
  • Until We Fly (Beautifully Broken, #4)
  • Monochrome My Madness (Colour #2)
  • Bound by Lies (Bound and Broken, #2)
  • When Our Worlds Stand Still (Our Worlds, #3)
  • Deeper
  • Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters, #3; Addicted, #3.1)
  • The Crescendo (A Musical Interlude, #2)
  • Over the Line (On the Run, #2)
  • One Step Closer To You
  • Everlasting Love (Sulfur Heights, #6)
  • Needing Her (From Ashes, #1.5)
  • Red (Lilith Mercury Werewolf Hunter, #1)
  • Can't Walk Away (The Thomas Family Chronicles Book 1)
  • Hector (5th Street, #3)
  • Untitled (Crow's Row, #3)
  • Mad World (Broken World, #3)
  • Pull (Push, #2)
  • Daddy's Little Secret: Pregnant at 14 and There's Only One Man Who Can Be the Father
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

Unbeautiful (2 books)
  • Unbeautiful (Unbeautiful, #1)
“Everyone is crazy in their own way, depending how you look at it.” 7 likes
“He looks like an untouchable piece of artwork, so beautifully put together. So dangerously put together.” 5 likes