Start by marking “Matches Made In Heaven” as Want to Read:
Matches Made In Heaven

Matches Made In Heaven

1. Groomnapped is Ameya-Surekha’s story as a light romantic take on the serious
Published December 18th 2014 by Flaming Sun

To ask other readers questions about Matches Made In Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matches Made In Heaven

Start your review of Matches Made In Heaven
Aditi
“What a lover’s heart knows let no man’s brain dispute.”
----Aberjhani, an American author

Sundari Venkatraman, an Indian author, has done it again with her new book, Matches Made In Heaven which is a collection of 13 imperfect-to-perfect love stories. Venkatraman has yet once again captured the charm of sweet love in her book with that touch of light-humor.

The characters are all very vibrant, full-of-life and striking enough to make you feel as if you happen to know them in your
Swathi Shenoy
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short stories are always fun to read. Though I love full length novels, there is something about short stories that makes me happy. Maybe it is because they are so easy to read. One can read them while taking breaks or travelling from home till office/college. Short stories are best suited to read during breaks.

This book 'Matches Made in Heaven' is a collection of 13 such short stories. All the stories are romance based and with a happy ending. What more can one ask for? The stories
Usha Narayanan
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
BLURB: A collection of 13 romantic short stories based in India; a culture rich country steeped in tradition. Inspiration struck me from newspaper articles, TV shows and hearing people talk. The short stories are based on that fact that arranged marriages thrive right alongside love matches in India.

MY REVIEW: A book of short stories. It’s like a big box of chocolates tied up with a shiny blue bow. Chocolate-covered nuts, buttery caramel, almond cashew, dark chocolate, toffee nuggets
D.R. Downer
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Matches made in heaven' is one book that will make, even the hardest naysayers, start believing in love. Words after words, characters after characters, plots after plots, and stories after stories; all sewn together, so efficiently, that it takes you right up there, to a world full of love, love and more love.

As a writer and an author myself, I couldn't help feeling jealous of Sundari Venkatraman's ability of weaving magic with her words. As a reader, I LOVED IT.

Congrat
Devika Fernando
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I’ve already read two novels by Sundari Venkatraman – "Meghna" and "The Runaway Bridegroom" – and loved both. This is totally new to me though, because I usually shy away from anthologies with short stories. I’m happy that I gave this a chance. To honour her talent, here’s a tiny review (more or less comments that popped into my head while and after reading) for each story in the aptly named collection "Matches Made in Heaven".

GROOMNAPPED: The title doesn’t leave much to imagination
Inderpreet Uppal
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short stories are always fun to read and usually the stories are a mix of various themes and genres. When Sundari offered her book of short stories for review; I was quite excited to read a book full of just ‘love stories’. The cover with the wedding bands and the wings on a pretty pink cover sets the tone of the book; it has a new love in each story.

I found it a bit odd that the story has a lot of characters with 'blue eyes'; rather uncommon in India with the grey and green being more dominant
Ruchi Singh
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
‘Matches Made in Heaven’ was like a ‘goody-bag’ of stories. And if they are romance with happy endings, what more can one ask? Each story that I read was a unique gift with its own color, fragrance and emotional immersion.

While all of them tugged at my heart, my personal favourites were; ‘Groomnapped’, dealt with the grooms being kidnapped in Bihar because of exorbitant dowry demands (which is a true situation there); ‘Chahti hoon Tumhe’, a story about two people, in larger than life world; ‘So
Reet Singh
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thirteen short stories - and I am writing the review on the 13th of March - a Friday the 13th to be specific!

Quite a collection Sundari Venkatraman has got together - each story as different from the other as can be, even though the common thread of romance runs through them. Steeped in Indian culture - traditional families, parents keen to get their daughters married off - yet the female leads are full of surprises! They refuse to conform - you won't find shy, simpering damsels in a
Debraj Moulick
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Blog-

Life is not about one big thing..but an assortment of petite and endearing moments, these moments are found ubiquitously, sometimes in our childhood or during our heydays…Venkatraman’s new short story omnibus is a collection of such moments of love, which is going to make you feel good about yourself..and more importantly about a feeling
Priyanka Batra Harjai
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
These stories penned by Sundari Mam are documents that could be read as proofs of the eternal bliss coupled with timeless love. This scripture is divided into thirteen chapters. Each chapter is dedicated to two blessed souls and details about how despite all the materialistic odds they face on this earth; they finally taste the fruits of love; just because they were made in heaven.

The first story touches upon a social cause of dowry. Read this story to find out how she intelligently
Vishal
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A collection of short stories are tales of narrative prose and rhyme where glimpses of life are captured to depict innocence, bliss, tragedy, love, sadness at a microscopic level yet it makes a life time memory. Author Sundari Venkatraman brings to the forth a new genre of love, capturing imagination and winning hearts, bearing her trademark in MMIH. She offers sensitive tale of love, touches burning topics and prejudice as well as suspense, making it a smart read.

Stories

Sundari Ven
Adiana Ray
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finding your soul-mate.

Sundari is an established best selling Indian romance author with four novels to her credit already, however this is her first collection of short stories. She covers a vast vista in this book of 13 short stories: we travel from Patna to Delhi to Rajasthan to name just a few places and we even get a taste of Mythology.

She has shown much versatility in changing the narrator throughout her book. Sometimes it is told from the girl’s point of vi
Rubina
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Stories that worked for me ....

Beauty Is But Skin Deep: This one was a beauty. My Fair Lady is a bit overated in India. To have a dark skin is still looked down upon in the marriage market and Sundari has very sensitively transfrormed Simran. She did not have an expensive pigmentation injections but she underwent a confidence lesson under the gentle hands of Nitin.

I just loved An Arranged Match. It was just too cute. Ritu came out as a fiesty beauty while Yash was a cool guy. Both
Ahana Mukherjee
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Sundari Venkatraman has the gift story telling especially in the Romance genre. She established herself firmly in this genre with Meghna and the Runaway Groom, and now she is out with an anthology of love stories. All you readers like to read romantic novels can have a peek into her assortment of racey and pacey stories.
Sundari has always emphasized that she writes for pure entertainment and true to her words her stories are simple, unpretentious and a breather to the weary mind. Though th
Bhavya
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian
For someone who loves romances like I do, Sundari’s books are a treat. Having read Meghna and Double Jeopardy last year, I knew it would be a treat to read Matches Made in Heaven. 13 love stories are quite tempting and I couldn’t wait to lap it all up.
Thirteen is not a number that most people would choose willingly. Call me crazy, but I have found the number 13 lucky for me. I can see that it will be lucky for Sundari too. All thirteen stories are unique, yet so much similar to each other when
Nikita Jhanglani
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
If there is anything as magical as comfort food, it is short stories with happy endings. They revive your mood immediately and inspire in you some much-needed hope. And if they are love stories, then it is like a key to happiness brought to you on a silver platter.
This is just what I think Sundari’s latest offering, Matches Made in Heaven is. An anthology of 13 short love stories, this book is perfect for those moments when you want to laze around with a book and go away in a world that is
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
Awesome !Awesome! Awesome!.This is the only word that I can use umpteen times to describe the book "Matches Made in Heaven". There are 13 short romantic stories in this book .All the 13 stories are very intriguing.
These stories are not like the regular romances which we read in fiction novel where girl meets the boy and blah blah... happens .But it is truly of different kind.You might relate yourself to some of the stories like Papa's Girl, Beauty lies within and etc.... in this book.The A
Shilpa Garg
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I like reading anthologies as they don't take much time and even if I pick the book after an interval of time, I don't have to re-read a few pages and the plot is never missed. Sundari’s latest book, Matches Made in Heaven is a collection of short romantic stories.

This anthology has 13 stories, each running into a few pages. Each story is woven around that blissful and warm feeling called love. The entire collection of stories in Matches Made in Heaven is entertaining and is lent extra freshnes
Privy Trifles
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book is a collection of thirteen romantic short stories each exploring a different avenue of love and bringing out its beauty very gracefully. It would be unfair to pick any favourites as each one of them is a gem in this collection. From the simplicity that comes along with the first crushes to the understanding between matured lovers this book has every flavor that you can think of when it comes to romance.

Read the whole review here:

Read the whole review here:
www.privytrifles.co.in/2015/01/book-r...
Shivani Agrawal
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
for full review check here.
Gayathri Manikandan
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
The stories are straightforward, the characters unassuming. All the stories have been based on a spark of thought from real life. The transition from one story to next was quick and easy, given that I read a handful of stories at a time. A blissful read during a relaxed, joyful and pampered time.
Anuradha Gupta
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Matches made in Heaven by Sundari Venkatraman is a collection of 13 short stories about finding and keeping true love. Short and sweet, these stories give us multiple scenarios where love can happen. Although it may seem that all the stories have women as their central character with the men hovering around, it is actually a balance between the genders that drive the plots.

1. Groomnapped! - A boy, whose parents are more interested in dowry than thier son's happiness, plans his own kidnapp
Cloudap
Oct 09, 2019
Rabiya Razi
Dec 29, 2015
Gopi gandhi
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2017
Vamsi Priya
Mar 16, 2019
Rahul Pratinidhi
Jun 06, 2016
unknown
Mar 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Without You (Sreepuram Series Book 1)
  • BREAKING ALL THE RULES (SEHGAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SAGA Book 3)
  • CHACHA CHAUDHARY AND CRISPY'S MAGIC
  • LET'S START WITH FOREVER (SEHGAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SAGA)
  • The Girl With A Secret Crush
  • Accidental Husband: A Passionate Love Story
  • A Royal Affair (Sravanapura Royals Book 1)
  • Bound by Forever
  • TAKE A CHANCE ON ME (Sehgal Family and Friends Book 1)
  • Until Forever: A Passionate Romance
  • His Sunshine Girl (Sreepuram Series Book 2)
  • The Victims' Club
  • The Captive
  • Bound by Revenge (The Singham Bloodlines #1)
  • Queen of Hearts: A Passionate Love Story
  • The Lost Princess ( Sravanapura Royals #3)
  • His Captive Bride: A Short Kidnap Romance
  • Bound by Hatred (The Singham Bloodlines #2)
Sundari Venkatraman is an Indie Author who has 40+ to her credit. These books have consistently featured in the Top 100 Bestseller Lists on Amazon India, Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada and Amazon Australia in both romance as well as Asian Drama categories. Her latest hot romances have all been on #1 Bestseller slot in Amazon India for over a month.

Even as a child, Sundari absolut