Start by marking “Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1)

Water Princess, Fire Prince

(The Rizkaland Legends #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  118 ratings  ·  57 reviews
When the Lady Dragon does come,
Hold fast, do not fear, do not run.
Your Water Princess will fight,
Fire Prince will set all to right.
Each shall come from a Fall,
Their union will save you all.

Despite the fact that she's on track for competing in the Olympics, and he's practically raised his younger brothers since they lost their mom in a car accident, Clara Mandras and Andrew
Published August 31st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Water Princess, Fire Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water Princess, Fire Prince

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1)
Amanda Beguerie
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Amanda by: Kendra Ardnek
Water Princess, Fire Prince centers around two teenagers, Clara Mandras and Andrew Stevenson. In a whirlwind of events, those two end up in another world called Rizkaland, in the country of Klarand. A prophecy is thrown upon them stating firstly that Clara and Andrew will fight the Lady Dragon, for she has been tormenting the people of Klarand, turning them to ice, and melting them. An unescapable fate. And the second part of the prophecy? Their union will be the key to the country’s salvation. ...more
Hannah Rodes
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Water Princess, Fire Prince by Kendra E. Ardnek.

I’m still not sure it’s safe for me to write a review. Total fangirl is a kind way of saying I’m going crazy. Yup, I know I’m going krazy. I’ll just assume you know what Water Princess, Fire Prince is about and carry on with my review.

Okay this book was simply amazing! If you have not read it, you need to. Said. Now do. *waves to book and glares at you till you pick it up to read*

So, I wasn’t actually sure I would like WPFP to the extent I do.
C.B. Cook
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm admitting RIGHT NOW that I really meant to review this AGES ago. *sigh* But at least I'm getting around to it now.

Kendra Ardnek did an AMAZING job with the worldbuilding in this book! Not only is the world intriguing, it's one of the most unique worlds I've ever read about. I mean, hello, it's a world shaped like a cylinder! It's also sitting in a lake of fire. The different colors of water and the world itself are just amazing.

The characters are absolutely wonderful, too. Clara and Andrew
Shantelle
I was excited to read Water Princess, Fire Prince by Kendra E. Ardnek, as the story description sounded like something I’d enjoy. And I did quite enjoy this story! Akin to The Chronicles of Narnia in some ways, it swept me away into a strange and intriguing world along with its characters.

Clara is a normal fifteen-year-old girl, practicing diving one day with her friends. She never expected time travel. She never expected princes or princesses.
Andrew has younger brothers to care for; responsi
Morgan
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended for: Ages 10 to Adult

Rating: PG (fantasy violence and romance)

I found out about Kendra through following Homeschool Author stuff and downloaded and read The Ankulen once when it was free. I then got some Bookanias on kindle and liked those a good bit. I also got to know Kendra on Goodreads because we ended up in groups together. Which was fun. When she asked for beta readers for WPFP, I signed up because, well, why not? I liked Bookania and she's a friend and I like to help friends.
Rebekah
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Planning on giving a full review on my blog... But I will say *points to five stars* I loved this book and can't wait to read the second one!
Aria
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOOAAAHHH OKAY I LOVED THIS BOOK.
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are many ways to write portal fantasy. Quite a few, sadly, are distinctly non-awesome. In Water Princess, Fire Prince, however, Kendra E. Ardnek found one of the awesome ways.

There are four main things that I love about this book. The first two are characters. First is Laura, who although a secondary character, is one of the most intriguing people in the story. She's fun and absolutely fascinating, though I can't tell you why- spoilers! Second is Andrew, one of the two main characters. I l
Kate Willis
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a matter of hours; and, believe me, traveling to other worlds does really mess with your timeline! ; ) Here’s what I thought of my adventure…

Rizkaland (once I figured out how to pronounce it) was a very intriguing world. Just familiar enough to keep it from being confusing, but very original and fascinating! I loved the different colors of water, and the journey through the mountain.

My favorite character was definitely Andrew, with Clara as a close second (once she came arou
Allyson
Rating: 3.5 Stars

A few months back, the author ran a free promotion on the first two books in this series, and I was excited to pick them up, as I've admired their covers for a while. Though I didn't quite enjoy the first installment a much as I had hoped, I think avid readers of clean fantasy will love it. Here are my thoughts:

Highlights
World Building
It is apparent that the author put a lot of time and effort into creating the worlds mentioned in this book. The worlds featured an array of w
Claire Banschbach
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Portal fantasy is always exciting. You get to experience a new world through the eyes of someone from (usually) our world instead of an inhabitant of said world. This lets both the reader's and the author's imaginations go wild. The world of Rizkaland is no exception. We start off with two teens who get transported from our world into a different realm where they're expected to defeat a dragon and take their place as the new king and queen. And get married. No pressure.

Overall, it was a really g
Firefly
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
So I really wanted to rate this book a four, even five. Truth is I almost rated it two stars. My friend recommended it to me; it seemed liked people really like it, but.... I did not enjoy most of it at all. I think it's a me thing? There was just a ton of the stuff in the book that annoyed me or bothered me and I was frustrated with the characters like a hundred percent of the time. Also I felt like I'd read it a hundred times before :/
I do think Kendra's creativity in world building is amazin
Erika Mathews
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
4.5 stars.

It starts slow.

But it quickly becomes an engrossing and intriguing tale of two ordinary teenagers thrust into a non-ordinary life.

Kendra E. Ardnek has been working on this story for seven years, and the depth of her work shows in her characters. She has infused life into Clara, Andrew, Laura, and their friends. Each one has a true-to-life personality that it's easy to befriend while poring over the pages of their story.

The entire concept of the story is intriguing. It answers a fundam
Jenelle
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I read the Bookania books a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them and the fun fairy-tale world setting. Rizkaland is not the same as Bookania, and I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy it as much…

I needn’t have worried.

Rizkaland is unique and every bit as much fun as Bookania, but in different ways. The world is cylinder-shaped, science works differently there, and of course, portals exist between our world and there, so our hero and heroine are not native to Rizkaland.

The main characters, Cl
Sierra
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is actually two reviews: mine, and my 9 year-old brother's.
DISCLAIMER: I beta-read this book and then received an ARC copy from the author in exchange for my honest review. Ezra also got an ARC review copy.

My Review:
I loved this book. I have raved about it to my friends, family, grandfather- pretty much anyone who gave me a chance to. Seriously, it's fantastic.
Okay, worldbuilding: I have never read a book set in such a unique world. Water comes in every color, and each color is useful in a
gabi
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was an amazing book. I mean amazing!!! I got to beta read Water Princess, Fire Prince (this was my first time beta reading) before it came out and I’m so glad I did.

Clara Mandras is just a normal sixteen year old who wants to go to the Olympics in a few years. Andrew Stevenson (a sixteen year old too) has taken the responsibility of taking care of his three younger brothers ever since his mother disappeared. Both definitely don’t want to be transported to the island Klarand and proclaimed W
Ghost Ryter
An exciting "portal fantasy", that reminded me of The Chronicles of Narnia and The Door Within. This book whisks you away to the fascinating world of Rizkaland, where the Lady Dragon stalks and the people wait for the prophesied Water Princess and Fire Prince to come and fight her.

The world building is amazing. Well crafted and deep. Rizkaland just feels so real! And the characters filling it were interesting, not the least of which is Laura, the Doorkeeper. She instantly captured my attention.
Alea Harper
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my goodness, where do I even start? This book was fantastic! Seriously, go read it. :D

The Plot
Very Narnia-ish. :) But also very unique! It revolves around 2 teens who get thrust into a medieval world and hailed as the Water Princess and Fire Prince. These aren't just normal, average teens though. They are alive with personality, flaws, and awesomeness, which brings me to my next point.

The Characters
Oh my goodness, the characters are some of my favorites in Book History! Clara is a fiery teen
Bailey Marissa
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read. It was entertaining, it had a great start to the world-building, characters that felt realistic, and a plot that made me want to keep going.

Ms. Ardnek, I've noticed, also has a special talent for keeping her writings PG but is also on the realistic side with humor/violence/etc which makes her stories especially enjoyable.

Recommended 13+ for romance and violence.
Jenna
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book (especially the second half)! I really enjoyed reading about these characters and their journey.

AND I GOTTA SAY IT AGAIN THE COVER BLOWS ME AWAY! ❤️

Going to definitely get my hands on the next book. 👍
Marlene
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting mix of time travel and dimension/world jumping. The story took a little to get going, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. There was romance but it was secondary to the fantasy and action.
AnnaScott
This was one of the longest books that I have read within a 24 hour time period. It was that good. When I got it, and saw that it had almost five hundred pages, I guessed that it would take at least two or three days. Twenty-four hours later, I am moaning because it is over.

It was so original, and different. A lot of fantasy tends to follow certain themes/settings/etc., but this was completely new! Even the romance didn't follow a pattern - they were literally forced to get married (or tied as
Brie Donning
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favourite book.
I'm not sure how to put what I like about it.
It has realistic characters, a great plot, an amazing world.
I really liked all of the characters. Especially Jakob and Kiona and Laura. Laura is amazing. And Clara and Andrew are a delightful couple. And Amber is one of the most delightful villains I have ever met. Looking forward to more of her in the next book. And...

Now that I've got some of that out of my system I'll try to say something sensible.
This story has a gre
diann walker
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long live the 10

I got this book for free, I think it’s a YA. But the story was very good I throughly enjoyed it. I will definitely read the series just so I can go back to Rizkaland and drink the blue water.
Kirsten
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-world

When Kendra was looking for advance readers for this book, there was absolutely no question in my mind. I'd already been waiting long enough to read it, so it was imperative to get my hands on it just as soon as possible.

Yes, it was that important.

And honestly, it blew me away. It was everything and yet nothing like what I had imagined. Wonderful. What did I like about it so much? Read on, Lizzy. (P&P reference because of reasons)

First of all, Kendra is fa
Alyssa
What I thought:

Well, a few months ago (or, maybe a little more then a few) I saw that some blogs I followed were doing a cover reveal (I think) for WPFP (Water Princess, Fire Prince), and I thought the cover looked interesting. Then I saw that there was a sign-up for those who wanted to do a review for it, and I signed up almost immediately. Without reading about it. Yeah.

So when it came, I wasn’t sure what to expect. But, I thoroughly enjoyed it! And when my paperback came, I was shocked at how
R.
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I actually thought I’d like this book more. The plot idea was intriguing. Creativity was not lacking, “just” the execution of the creativity.
Her land, even though she gave plenty of details of Klarand, felt underdeveloped. I still haven’t pinned down why. It was just flat (which would make sense since it’s a cylinder) so better imagery could have really helped.
Character arch could have been improved. Suddenly, someone just talks to Clara, and she suddenly decides to stop detesting Adrew. It woul
Amanda
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read some of Kenrdra's previous works, but let me say, none can compare to the amazingness that is Water Princess, Fire Prince!

It was kind of on a whim that I applied to be a beta reader, but I'm so glad I did. It's been great to see this book through the journey to the finished version.

Water Princess, Fire Prince is an exciting, cliché-busting trip to a unique world. I thoroughly enjoyed Clara and Andrew's adventures and all the intriguing character relationships that developed. From the t
Tashawna
An interesting fictional world, world travel, cool fantasy elements, important lessons, and great characters!

The whole world traveling stuff was really interesting and kinda hard to figure out. And with some melancholy effects- you'll understand if you read the book. ;P It was similar to The Word Changers by Ashlee Willis (but with a more happy ending xP). Crazy stuff. *winks*

Rizkaland is an interesting world- well thought out, Kendra did a good job creating it. :) I like the different waters,
Ezra
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Water Princess, Fire Prince is an awesome book. There is this sorceress that can turn into a dragon. She’s called The Lady Dragon. She looks like a young girl, but she is really 5,000 years old! The world is like a huge soup can in shape. There are different colors of water there. If water and fire are mixed in that world, it becomes a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DANGEROUS LIQUID. The Lady Dragon’s island is built so if anyone sets foot in it they can’t leave for 500 to 1,000 years! She even has a de ...more
The Rizkaland Leg...: Water Princess, Fire Prince 156 33 Jun 04, 2018 10:09PM
The Rizkaland Leg...: This topic has been closed to new comments. I need your help! 19 19 Jun 03, 2015 08:14PM
Jesus Freaks for ...: Water Princess, Fire Prince by Kendra E. Ardnek 1 19 Feb 25, 2015 09:32AM

• Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • Avalon High
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • The Story Hunter (The Weaver Trilogy #3)
  • Dare (The Blades of Acktar, #1)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Princess Spy (Hagenheim, #5)
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Fairest Son
  • Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell, #1)
  • Within These Lines
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • Resistance (Ilyon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Electrical Menagerie (The Celestial Isles #1)
  • Spice Bringer
  • Mirrors and Pearls: A Retelling of Snow White
Kendra E. Ardnek is the self-proclaimed Arista of Fairy Tales. She lives in the Piney Woods of East Texas with her dragon babies and massive herd of mini-giraffes, and she is still waiting for one of of her fifty nutcrackers to come to life and marry her. When not writing, you can usually find her sitting in a random box, and she’s frequently known to act before she thinks.

The Rizkaland Legends (3 books)
  • Lady Dragon, Tela Du (The Rizkaland Legends, #2)
  • Love and Memory (The Rizkaland Legends #3)