Start by marking “On a Cyborg Planet (The Phoenix Adventures #4.5)” as Want to Read:
On a Cyborg Planet (The Phoenix Adventures #4.5)

On a Cyborg Planet

(The Phoenix Adventures #4.5)

Can he give a beautiful warrior cyborg the pleasure she's never experienced? A sexy, fast-paced sci fi romance novella in the Phoenix Adventures.

After a vicious coup, cyborg Axton Saros, Prime of the planet of Centax, is trying to rebuild his world. Still recovering from his captivity and dark guilt, he won't let anything get in his way. But a priceless artifact, stolen
Published December 21st 2014

To ask other readers questions about On a Cyborg Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On a Cyborg Planet

Marta Cox
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
My first book by this author and it's a novella so shorter than I prefer but I thought it would be a good way to test her style. Yes I still seem to be on a sci fi kick and indeed this book features a planet of cyborgs but they are at war with some beast like aliens called the Rahl and as the story begins I can't help but think I've missed some back story.
Axton is the Prime on Centax and until recently he was held prisoner by the Rahl . Abused and tortured he never gave up but his rescue was ne
Dawn ♥ romance
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
A fun quick steamy science fiction romance with exciting action that moved right along plus both a hero and heroine who were alphas. I've enjoyed the stories I've read in the cyborg series. Head of the planet Axton wants to get a stolen artifact back and second in command security officer Xenia is assigned to work with him.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
On a Cyborg Planet is a quick novella set in Ms. Hackett's Phoenix Adventure series. Loosely tied to the third book (On a Rogue Planet), the story shares a couple of common characters; however, it is completely stand alone (with mild spoilers from the third book).

Overall, I enjoyed the story, which was fast-paced in both adventure and romance. Axton Saros, Prime of the planet of Centax and brother to hero from Rogue Planet, is desperate to get his planet and its citizens "back to normal" after t
Elodie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had this book lined on my shelves for a while, the problem with free books!
But as I’m in a Anna Hackett’s period, I checked my library and found it.
It is a short read, and I read none of the previous books in this series but it provides enough intel to not be lost.
The story focus on the ruler Axton Saros of Centax as he restores his world after a coup and Xenia, a CenSec, an enhanced specie which has suppressed emotions.
Axton lives with the guilt of what his people had to suffer during the cou
Ashley
Axton and Xenia's romance is quick and packed full of adventure. Love that we are seeing more of the Cyborg world and the CenSec.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Phoenix Adventures #4.5
Rating: 3 stars - it was good

Axton Saros, the Prime of Centax, is still recovering from the attack on his planet and the torture he endured at the hands of the evil Rahl. To make matters worse, one of their priced artifacts is still missing, so Axton teams up with CenSec Security Commander Xenia Alexander to find it. Xenia has worked hard to prove she's worthy of her position but the filters that should be dampening her emotions have never worked and she's desperat
Frances Law
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute!

On the planet Centax Prime Axton Saris is trying to bring security and normality back to his planet after the vicious coup that saw him imprisoned and tortured. One thing holding him back is the loss of an important artifact, the Da Vinci Codex. Commander Xenia Alexander is the second in command of Centax Security, it's commander being Xander Saros, Axton's older brother. CenSec officers are highly enhanced cyborgs who have their emotions dampened but, somehow, it didn't happen with Xenia.
JML
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4&1\2🌟

I' m working my way through the Phoenix adventures and I loved Rogue planet with Xander and Malin. So when I saw Axton and Xenia’s story I couldn't wait to read it. Ms.Hackett never disappoints this story was filled with just enough action to keep me riveted to my seat. It was also filled with passion, healing, acceptance and a whole lot of love . A perfect short read before bed!💖
Patricia Kearns
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cyborg

The planet is still suffering from the devastating results of the fighting to take over the planet.
Captured and tortured, Axton as Prime, blames himself for what happen.
He must find the artifacts that were stolen.
And along the way he finds love.
Great adventure, and lots of action in and out of the sheets.
Rosemarie Grainer
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short, but really good

I liked this one a lot, but was a bit disappointed in how short it was. However, I loved the story and how Xenia and Axton treated each other. This storyline was a little more character oriented than action oriented. The pace was still really fast and the tone was intense. The characters were the best part of this story though. Enjoy!
sharon e hochstetler
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really liked it.

Trying not to spoil the story. Xenia is a Can Sec and is second in command. She ad the Prime are on a mission to locate an artifact. His mission is much different than hers and he plans to win by all means possible. Short and sweet.
Aurrora James
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short but good

I enjoyed Axton and Xenia's story but I wish it had been longer. I would have liked a little more character development and to learn more about Axton's captivity. Still, an excellent series.
Meleeta Morris
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Axton and Xenia story! Cyborgs in love.

He is the Prime and she's second in security. They are searching for the Code amid booby traps left from the invasion. Does she have emotions?
Jennifer Erwin
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun novella in the Phoenix Adventures world. Great read!
Melissa Taylor
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shorter Than Usual..?

This one seemed shorter than the others. Maybe only just because I read it so quickly! Such a good story. I was hoping Xander's Second got her own hea!
Heather
Short and sweet. Xander's brother, Axton, and Xander's second in command, Xenia Alexander's story. The Terren artifact is da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
Marlene
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Sci-Fi Romance Quarterly

On a Cyborg Planet is a direct follow up to the Phoenix Adventures story On a Rogue Planet. And while it isn’t necessary to read the entire Phoenix Adventures series in order to enjoy On a Cyborg Planet (although why wouldn’t you, the series is awesome) it probably helps continuity a LOT to read On a Rogue Planet first.

In Rogue Planet, Malin Phoenix and Xander Saros find an ancient Earth artifact and save Xander’s planet, Centax, from hostile invad
Lee
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sfr
The head of government on Centax, Axton Saros, is recovering from a coup attempt and traumatized from his torture and imprisonment. Centax Security officer Xenia Alexander is sent with him to recover an Old Earth artifact, the Codex da Vinci, so the national museumq can open on schedule. Axton has figured out that Xenia does have emotions and comforted him when he was in a bad way. She's caring and protective to him, loyal to his brother (Xenia is Axton's brother's second in command at CenSec), ...more
Elisabeth Lane
This was not my favorite cyborg book. I've read a few of the Phoenix Adventures books and enjoyed them, but this one felt rushed, superficial and I had a horror movie like reaction to how stupid the hero and heroine were. Every move they made they stumbled into a trap, to the point where I kept shrieking, "Noooo! Don't go in the basement!" Metaphorically, of course.

The premise is that an unfeeling cyborg security woman is assigned to find an artifact by the political leader of the planet. But r
Sandy Williams
Book Gannet
Since On A Rogue Planet is my favourite of the Phoenix Adventures so far, I was delighted that this novella went back to the cyborg planet of Centax. I love cyborgs, so another romantic adventure involving them was always going to win me over, add in a quest for a missing artifact, booby-trapped warehouses and general shenanigans and that’s all I need.

This novella might be restricted to just one planet for its plot, but it’s every bit as enjoyable as the rest of the series. Once more the main ch
Elizabeth
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
I enjoyed catching up on what happened next on Centax from On a Rogue Planet, book three in the series where we first meet Axton Saros and Xenia Alexander.

The thing that pleases me the most about the novellas in this series is they don't take too much on. Their plots and settings are well formed yet simple enough they can be done well within the constraints of a novella.

Xenia and Axton pair up to find the Da Vinci Codex, hidden somewhere on Centax by the Raul. But just because the Raul have left
Kelly
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some day I'm going to go back and read this series in the proper order. Because I like these treasure hunters (whether they're cyborgs or Phoenixes or whatnot) and I'm so SO down with indulging in a nice, long reread.

But seriously. Sexy treasure hunters in space. What's not to like? Whether they're gallivanting from dangerous planet to shady space port or uncovering heretofore undiscovered treasures on their own planet, they got it going on.

Xenia and Axton are no slouches when it comes to holdin
Betty
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phoenix Adventures Book 6(a novella) by Anna Hackett

On a cyborg planet, is a fantastic bridging to this series and their continuing storyline. Anna leads you through her imaginative characters and their struggles,desperate situations inside and outside of their domains. As I have continued reading about her characters and storylines, they enjoyment is a constant reminder of her charismatic,talented,sensitive and sensual creativity in her ability to weave such a wonderful writing. ABSOLUTELY LOVE
Jen
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, I really really would have liked to read more about Axton and Xenia. They were so great separately and together, and a full length book about them would have been awesome. I'll take the novella, though! It moves a little fast but I thought the developing feelings between the two were believable. Another great installment in one of my favorite series.
Jolie Mason
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ignore the fact that I'm what one might call a Hackett groupie, and take that to mean that she's never written a book I didn't love. I've enjoyed the Phoenix adventures quite a bit, and this one is no exception. The action in cyborg planet was really, really good.

Hackett excels at writing adventure stories. My only complaint was I wanted it to be longer. That's not unusual at all.
Gwynn White
I was so exited to try this book. I love the idea of sci fi action romance but this book didn't hit it with me. There are very little action and very little romance. Sex, yes, plenty of that, but no real romance. I will try another book by her. Hopefully it will be better.
Brandi
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story!

I love the CenSecs in her books. The author does an amazing job of pulling you in to the worlds she has created. She is so descriptive without making it too involved and boring. I enjoyed this book as I have the previous ones. I highly recommend this series.
Tammy
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I again liked this book. I was happy to see that this one was about 2 cyborgs. It was a little tamer than the other books (less danger), but still just as good.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review
Starr Kesterson
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starr

Thanks again for another great story. You never let us down. Handsome alpha men and their women. Thank you Anna

• Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #5)
  • Dragonfly
  • Overload Flux (Central Galactic Concordance #1)
  • To Buy A Wife (The Dark Future, #1)
  • Morgan's Choice (Morgan Selwood, #1)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Liberation's Kiss (Robotics Faction: Android Assassins #1)
  • Constant (Constant, #1)
  • Inoperative (Cyborg, #1)
  • Embrace the Romance (Pets in Space Anthologies, #2)
  • Peyton 313 (Cyborgs: Mankind Redefined, #1)
  • Night Resurrected (Envy Chronicles, #6)
  • Bondmate (Planet Alpha #1)
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to m

The Phoenix Adventures (9 books)
  • At Star's End (The Phoenix Adventures, #1)
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • On a Rogue Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #3)
  • Beyond Galaxy's Edge (The Phoenix Adventures #4)
  • Return to Dark Earth (The Phoenix Adventures #5)
  • On a Barbarian World (The Phoenix Adventures #6)
  • Lost in Barbarian Space (The Phoenix Adventures #7)
  • Through Uncharted Space (The Phoenix Adventures #8)
  • Crashed on an Ice World (The Phoenix Adventures #9)