Start by marking “Visions (The Mystical Encounter #1)” as Want to Read:
Visions (The Mystical Encounter #1)

Read Book

Visions

(The Mystical Encounter #1)

Having clairvoyance isn’t easy...

After moving to a new town, Heather Reiner struggles to keep her psychic abilities a secret and establish a sense of normalcy…at least for her overprotective mother’s sake.

But when Heather starts having terrifying visions of a missing boy, she can’t simply ignore them. This time she feels an inexplicable pull to solve the crime, and slowly
Paperback, 1st, 242 pages
Published December 6th 2015 by Createspace (first published December 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Visions, please sign up.
Kimberly Readnour Sorry, I just noticed this question. I'm not sure if you order off of Amazon, but the paperback and ebook are both available through Amazon.…moreSorry, I just noticed this question. I'm not sure if you order off of Amazon, but the paperback and ebook are both available through Amazon.(less)

Start your review of Visions (The Mystical Encounter #1)
Daiane
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you know how most of the books we have nowadays that have powers as a topic is how people discover that they are the different snowflake?

Well, not this time.
Heather always had visions and when she was young she actually thought it was something normal. To touch others and see what they did, or the horrible things that happened with them. Until she found out it wasn't.

“Clairvoyant” was the term my therapist used.
“Freak” was the term kids at school gave me.

She then started her life of not
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Kimberly Readnour.)

“I have visions.”

This was an okay paranormal story, and things seemed to work out fairly well.

It must have been really hard for Heather to cope with her visions, and the bullying that came with them. Having no one believe you when you know something important must have been awful too.

The storyline in this was about Heather discovering where a missing boy was buried,
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
psychic vision

Heather has always been able to see visions of people's experiences when she touches them or items associated with them. They can be living or dead, but any strong emotions and memories come through. This was fine until as a child, she had a vision of a friend experiencing abuse. That was when she found out no one else had these experiences - and that she started to avoid touching other people.
no touchy

Life went on until she helped find a classmate's murderer and got labeled as a freak in her home town.
Carrie
Heather Reiner is clairvoyant. After everyone in her old home town starts treating her as if there is something wrong with her she and her mother move to a new town in hopes of starting fresh. As soon as Heather enters her new home though she starts getting feelings that something has happened. After finding an old toy truck Heather has her first vision of a young boy named Johnny.

Visions is a rather quick, easy read with likable characters. Heather was obviously overly untrusting after being t
Abbie
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from the author, In exchange for an honest review.)

Actual rating - 3.5

Heather and Barry were both likable characters, but they could be quite stupid at times.

This was a decent read, which managed to keep my interest. I'll definately be reading the rest of the series soon.
Kim Barletter
Thanks to the author for giving me a copy of this book to review!

Visions is about a girl who is different than others: she is clairvoyant.

What this means is that if an object, or person, has a deep emotion seated in it, Heather (the clairvoyant chick) will see a vision of what caused the emotion.

At least, I think that's what it means... The exact details of her power weren't really explained.

Anyway, this had a good concept. A girl moves to a new place and encounters a vision of a 10 year cold
Michelle Bryan
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heather is a reclusive seventeen year old with the gift of second sight, which allows her to see events that happened to people just by touching an object belonging to them. She doesn't consider it a gift, however, she views it as a curse. Labeled by her peers as a 'freak' and ridiculed for her ability, her mom moves them to a new town, hoping to start fresh. Only the house they move into has a dark history, and for Heather, the visions start again.
I have to say, this is not usually my choice of
Charlotte
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r, ya-r2r

Visions: Is a Young Adult Paranormal Mystery. Heather, who's far from a typical teenager, finds herself under the microscope of her home - town. Heather hears the names thrown at her like "Freak" amongst other labels. She lives her life in solitude, keeping herself separated from everyone her age. Heather finds her Gift difficult to deal with and wishes to be ordinary; But then
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 3.5

This was a great read. It was interesting and I liked how the story was well-written. The storyline was about Heather coping with her visions, while dealing with bullying and her mother. The story was cool, fast-paced and kept me engaged.

The characters were great. Heather and Barry are great and very likeable. Their romance is sweet, and not the main point of the book. Can't wait to read Deceptions next. Than
Amber
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. From the beginning I was sucked in and didn't want to do anything until I found out what happened. At the beginning I felt like it was super fast and about the last chapter where Heather was kind of mentally recovering from the whole ordeal was a tad slow but the last few pages picked up when the author started kind of talking about the next book or better leading up to the next book. Anyway I felt like the writing was good. VERY good. The author really kept me glue ...more
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

I love mysteries, you probably know that. What I love even more are mysteries with a supernatural touch to them, which is what Visions was. It was just amazing! I really loved this book! Plus it was an Amazon freebie when I got it!

I really liked the characters in this book, I especially loved our main character Heather! I felt so bad because all she wanted to do was help whenever she had these visions, but it just seems to make things worse.

Sammy

She’s really tried to wo
Elizabeth Morgan
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don't read a lot of YA books, but being a believer Clairvoyance etc and an individual who enjoys reading and watching stories/shows that are based around psychic investigation, I decided I wanted to give Visions a try.

I'm glad I did. Heather is a likeable teenager with a very wonderful gift that has unfortunately made her the "outcast" in society. She takes the approach most teenagers, or well people, might take when she has a gift that closed-minded people can't wrap their head around, and cl
Jackie
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
**I received a copy of this book from the author on a read to review basis in exchange for an honest review.**
My main problem with this book was the fact that some of the apostrophes were missing and that one aspect was quite predictable. That said, I still found the book interesting, well-written, and fast-paced.
The writing in this book was very detailed, explaining the situation Heather, the main character was in--the fact that she can see visions. It also had detailed
Olena
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a nice unexpected surprise. I was drawn in to it by its concept and the plot. Heather, the main character, is a little bit different from everyone around those because she has a gift. Her special abilities have made her hide away from those around her and it works for a while. However, the plan doesn't work when her mother makes them move to a new state.
Over time the new move proves to be a good re-start for Heather because she meets her friends Nicole and Barry. Through them she s
Aly
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This book was great! I would love the read the next book too. I enjoyed the story for a clairvoyant teenager. I think the author was a great storyteller for me with this book. I have not read anything from this author before would I would gladly again. * I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*
Melissa
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r, own-e-book
(I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Kimberly Readnour.)

This book was a good read. I really enjoyed it and had to buy the others in the series as soon as I finished it.

I highly recommend it for people who like Young Adult Paranormal Mysteries.
Nicole
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book on a read to review bases.

This was an amazing book that kept me interested and wanting more from the first page. I just went to the book store to buy the rest of the series but unfortunately no book store in Canada has it! :( So I'll have to hunt for it online

I highly recommend this book to anyone who's into mystery and suspense!

5/5 Stars for me!
Michelle Quinn
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tower-v
Mm.. I had some high hopes for this book, and sadly, they weren't met. Even when I lowered my expectations.

In short, what needed to be long was really short and what needed to be short was way too long.

For starters, I don't like the main character. Not that there is anything wrong with her, and I would usually love someone with her ability, but honestly I just wanted to slap her. . . sometimes without a reason. I didn't like any other of the "main" characters either. I honestly only cared about
Debra Barstad
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The story flowed smoothly and was a very fast read. I will continue on with this series as I like the main characters and can't wait to see what happens next. ...more
Tracy Trixy
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great start to the series!
I loved this, and devoured the whole thing way to quickly!
Heather is our main character, and she's been burned before so keeps her "secret". That is until she moves and meets Barry ;)
Unbeknownst to Heather, the house she's currently living in has somebody attached to it, that didn't end very well.
Brilliant read and very well written. Bring on the next!
V
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook

I'm afraid I couldn't finished, the narrator Mia Dubois...well if you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all, and I will leave it like that. Luckily the audiobook was cheap.
Tere Fredericks
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
YA Adult Enough For Adults to Read.

A Young Adult book I read because I like to trick myself. First, that I am Young, or the second that I am an Adult.

That being said, the underlying stories are as thrilling as any non-young adult book can be. Just cloaked very nicely in young love. The young love portion wasn't to icky to be read by young or old. I guess, I don't remember those days! For a very, very advanced topic, this hits it out of the ballpark. Off to get next one.
Shelley
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book. I started reading and was up until four in the morning trying to finish it because I wanted to know what happened next. I found it on Amazon and there are two other books in the series that I bought. Deceptions and Vanished.
Bec
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Loved this story. So well written. Kept me guessing til the end, can't wait to read the rest of the series ...more
Erin
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fact that this reminded me of "Sunshine Girl" for half of the story concerned me. But then the main character started using her abilities to help an active case. And that's where I became hooked.

The ending left two mysteries open leading me to believe that I'll need to read the next one.
T.J. Burns
2.5-3.0
I really liked how this book started out. It grabbed me from the get-go. I was definitely intrigued and wanted to know more about Heather and her abilities.

The writing flowed very nicely and it took me with it.

(view spoiler)
Cristine
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It left me with a bunch of questions wanting to read more. I look forward to the next book

Looking forward to the next book. It was a quick read. Kept me wondering throughout the story. I enjoyed the characters.
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Visions (The Mystical Encounter #1) by Kimberly Readnour *I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review * This is the first book that I have read from Kimberly Readnour and I have to say that I was very impressed! I felt so bad for Heather at the start of this book at how rejected she was for having such a useful gift. Once she got involved in a very heart wrenching situation, she showed her strength. The book as a whole was awesome and all the characters were well rounded. I ...more
Beth Rodgers
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Visions' by Kimberly Readnour captivated my attention. Even though the beginning took me a little bit to get into, once the preliminary introductions of characters and the idea of main character Heather's visions were explained, I sped through the story with deliberate ease.

Heather's visions come to her at any time, dependent especially on touch, whether it comes from a person or an object. Even though this quality of clairvoyance should be something to be admired and respected, Heather is ins
Elen Tabita Bertoldi

It's been a while since the last time I've read a mystery book. It's not a part of my favorites genres to read, but once in a while I get the urge to read something different and I'm glad that I gave this book a chance.

Heather is a girl that often wished she could be just a normal girl like the rest, but her visions takes that away from her and when she moves to a new and smaller town, she's afraid that it's just a matter of time before everything that happenes in her old city, happens again
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unseen (The Unseen Trilogy, #1)
  • She Wore Mourning (Zachary Goldman Mysteries, #1)
  • The Loneliest Cottage (Alaskan Hearts #1)
  • Traces of Sulfur (Blade Keeper Academy, #1)
  • Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning & The Realm #1)
  • A Witchy Mistake (Witches of Whispering Pines, #0.5)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Trilogy (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1-3)
  • Audible Love
  • Retribution (Psychic Detective Kate Pierce Crime Thriller #1)
  • You Don't Know Me
  • Deadly Sins: Sloth
  • Murder in Mind (Sloane Monroe, #2)
  • An Inner Fire (Grayce Walters, #1)
  • Witches' Brew (Witches and Wine, #1)
  • Dead and Gone to Bell (A Samantha Bell Mystery Thriller, #1)
  • Coffee and Ghosts: The Complete First Season
  • Ghostly Despair (A Harper Harlow Mystery, #10)
  • Ghostly Holiday (A Harper Harlow Mystery, #11)
Kimberly Readnour lives in the Midwest with her husband, two children, and a very fluffy cat.

Having a true passion for romance and HEA's, she took the leap from the young adult genre to romance and never looked back.

Unexpected Love, book two of the Unforeseen Destiny Series, is a #1 Amazon Kindle bestseller in the Medical Romance. Her series, the Bad Boys Redemption, has spent many weeks on the Am

The Mystical Encounter (3 books)
  • Deceptions (The Mystical Encounter #2)
  • Vanished (The Mystical Encounter #3)

News & Interviews

“Deep in my chest, a burning sensation emerges, as if any minute the suppressed panic that has been simmering is going to burst out. I squeeze my eyes shut again, for the pain has become unbearable. Another soft whimper escapes.” 0 likes