Start by marking “Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)

Stone Walls

(True Heroes #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,718 ratings  ·  349 reviews
What happens when a supposedly perfect match is so wrong it’s right? In this roller-coaster novel of destiny and desire from A. M. Madden, a red-hot cop and a broken beauty are linked by painful pasts . . . and one tempting future.

As an NYPD officer, Benjamin Stone is married to his job, determined to clean up the drug-infested streets. His partner, Rob, always has his bac
Published March 3rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Stone Walls, please sign up.
Dotti Elrick I would say it's probably not suitable for anyone younger than eighteen. There are several sex scenes in the book. They don't leave much to the…moreI would say it's probably not suitable for anyone younger than eighteen. There are several sex scenes in the book. They don't leave much to the imagination. (less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Kathleen
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Release Date 3/3/2015
Book Cover ~ 5 OMG Ben is yummy Stars!
Story Rating ~ 4 Stars
Hero Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 3.5 Stars
Ending ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Breaking down the wall Stars!

I really enjoyed reading how Ben and Ella both broke down some very sturdy stone walls. They both had horrific reason why these walls were built. Neither wanted a relationship but with the help of their meddling best friends, a little bit of time and a very st
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, cop-etc
This was an enjoyable read. The first quarter of the book is both of them denying each other despite their attraction. There was just a little bit of OW drama in the beginning but resolved very quickly. Once they stopped fighting the attraction they were devoted to each other. It got a bit cheesy at that point but then the plot twist came into play and I enjoyed the suspense. It had a great ending and epilogue.
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 06, 2015 marked it as top-tbr
Shelves: arc
Romance suspense novel?! YES PLEASE!!!!!

Schedule To be read

-----

Benjamin Stone has an unrealistic determination to rid the streets of New York from any and all drug dealing scum. That determination quickly moves him and his partner, Rob Withers, up the ranks to Senior Narcotics Agents within their precinct. A new case assisting the FBI has Ben facing the ghosts of his past. Those same ghosts are the very reason he moved to New York to become a cop.

Ella Parker is bright, beautiful, kind, and seve
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

"Sometimes the truth isn't the best answer. Sometimes ignorance is most definitely bliss"

Ben Stone is a hardened NYPD homicide detective who has erected impenetrable walls around his heart. He’s a man on a mission: to right the wrongs in his past and he doesn’t have the need, want, nor time for a relationship or so he thinks!

Enter Ella Parker, the BFF of Ben’s partner and best bud. She’s experienced tragedy herself and chooses a peaceful life until her world collapses
Bev
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely focussed more on the build of their relationship rather than the suspense, and I like that. Ben and Ella started off not liking each other very much and I got to thinking - here we go, push and pull, FML. That so didn't happen. They didn't like each other, made their feelings clear and kept on moving on, all the while being forced to be in each others company due to Andrea and Rob being their good friends.

A strong relationship builds from this, strong enough to weather all th
Ally
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My First Romantic Suspense in like 20 years

Setting / Time / Genre: Current, New York-ish

Length: 484 pages but it sure seemed like less

Series: Oh yes. This is the first...and at 72% we cued the series bait for the second.

Sexy times: Yea. A lot. And I have to be honest here (as if you thought I'd be less than), I have an issue. Shocked, aren't you?
shocked
Some of this was posted on the BR for Low Angst Romance
Sex spoiler coming (not the fact that there is sex, i know you all saw that coming) (view spoi
Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"

This story started out with a blind date setup by friends who thought Ben and Ella would be the perfect match. Unfortunately, neither one was interested in the match making by their friends.

Ben Stone (aka Stone Walls) was really not into this setup. Actually, he acted like a complete jerk. Ella, well she got interested quickly, but stood her ground until she knew she was not going to be just another notch in his belt. Good news is Ben became interested, and quickly changed his mind.

This plot h
♡Tonya♡
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I was worried at first because I was afraid they were just going to keep pushing each other away. Also, he had an "Arrangement" with a woman that he broke off after he met the h, but before they became a couple. Once they finally gave in an admitted their feeling for each other, they were great together. I prefer a book that gives you a story line that is the actual drama/angst, which in turn makes the couple stronger. I enjoyed the epilogue but it didn ...more
Anne OK
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Terrific romantic suspense with an underlying mafia current. Both Ben and Ella have hidden ties to mafia backgrounds that have affected their lives from childhood. When they meet, it's fireworks -- and not the good kind at first. Ben can be a bit of a pain in the a$$. But believe me, he's so worth it in the long run. Ella shoves his crap right back down his throat! I really enjoyed this one from start to finish. It kept in engaged and thoroughly entertained.
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
Benjamin Stone is an NYPD cop and a damn good one at that. His mission and determination in life are to go after drug dealers and their cronies, and thanks to his and his partners Rob's efforts they are a force to be reckoned with at a very young age. His past is part of what drives him when it comes to his job and also what messes with his head and heart when it comes to his personal life.

Ella Parker is a smart, beautiful woman who moves to NYC to be close to her best friend, Andrea, after her
Ninfa Zito-Maisano
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I can honestly say make room for Ben Stone in your bbf list! Prepare yourself for him. He is one bbf you will add on your list immediately!
Walls will be broken even if they were built to protect your heart, especially when fate leads you to where you belong. What do you do when your past collides with your present and endangers your future?
Find out how one hot sexy cop that fights to protect the streets of New York, is a master at building a stone wall to protect his own heart... He has no cho
A.D. Justice
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stone Walls is a wonderful story of two people who have each lost, are afraid to love, but find the inner strength they need to overcome the seemingly insurmountable odds stacked against them. Ben Stone and Ella Parker both have stone walls built around their hearts for protection, but find that only through each other can they overcome the tragedies that align their destiny.

AM Madden has definitely done it again with this book! The storyline, the characters, and the feelings that she infuses i
Brooklyn JoJo
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars. It was a very good book. Almost as much of a mystery/thriller as it was a romance. I did feel like the h & H's relationship moved a little too fast to be believable and some parts were sappy but overall it's a decent book.
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ben Stone. Remember this name because he’s bound to cause a lot of fights among readers! He is just wow!

Ella Parker is a woman who has issues and is not one to just sit back and not do something about it.

Together they both have lost love. But together they find what they have lost, love together.

The two, even though they live with their BFFs who are dating, have never met until one night when Rob and Andrea try to set them up. What they thought would be a dynamic meeting it blew up in their fa
Trisha
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love The Back-up Series and the guys of Devil's Lair so when AM wrote a romantic suspense stand alone I was unsure of what to expect but I can honestly say that I love Ben and Ella's story.

Ben Stone, NYPD police narcotics officer and part of the dynamic duo known as Batman and Robin, is not looking for love. His job is his life and there is no room for anything else. His past has shaped him into the man he is today.

Ella Parker had an ideal childhood. Her mother made sure of it. She lived a s
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am feeling so many things at the moment.  I was giddy from the beginning!

I was on the edge of my seat making up scenarios for what is going to happen.  Some of my guesses came true and some were blown to pieces. The twist and ultimate turn was so unexpected I was like: "say what?!". My mind took me to another guess while the story went the other direction. It is sooooo good.

Ben Stone, his name is so sexy, is an amazing cop. In his profession, he is known as one half of the best team in their
Natasha
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
4 stone wall stars!

photo image_zpszpu2yhxl.jpg

For me this book was very enjoyable. It was full of sexual chemistry, suspense and fantastic characters.

The heroine is a beautiful brunette named Ella who a year ago moved to New York when her mother was tragically murdered.

The hero is a sexy cop named Ben Stone. I am seriously developing a thing for sexy as shit police men with dirty mouths! And Ben stone just ticks all those boxes. He also come from a tragic past with both his parents dying in horrific circumstances.

The
Amber
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had to sleep on my review as I loved this book so much I wasnt sure how to put into words. You have Ben Stone a cop with his partner Rob who is also his best friend. He had a tragic accident as a kid where all he was conserned about is gonig after drug dealers and bringing them down.

Then you have Ella who works with her good friend Andrea. Ella is honest but her friend Andrea is very blunt, the type of friend you love but also cant belive some of the stuff they do. Ella meets Ben after Andrea
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Once again, A.M. Madden gives us a story that captures our hearts. The characters are relatable, showing us layers to their personalities which make them easy to identify with and root for.

Andrea and Rob are together and wish nothing more than to have their best friends connect. Benjamin Stone is a NYC cop used to getting his way and never answering to anyone. Guarded and sexy as sin, he is comfortable with his single status and isn’t looking for commitments. Ella Parker is a bright, beautiful,
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
WOW!!!

By now, you probably know that A.M. Madden is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes. That's why I was extremely happy when I got the chance to BETA read this awesome story. It is definitely different from the previous books written by A.M. Madden but it is still a page turner. The suspense reminded me a little bit of Backstage but this story is even more breath-catching. The book is full of danger and and at the same time it is very masterfully entwined with heartb
Jenny Brightman Harris
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. In this book we meet Ben & Ella. Ben is a copy with a superhero complex at times. Ella is a shy timid woman who has been sheltered for most of her life & is finally giving herself the chance to live a little.

When Ben and Ella first meet they rub each other the wrong way but the attraction is strong between them. Ben is still fighting some demons from his past but he finds that when he is with Ella those demons are quieter. Ben isn't s
Debbie Collins
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just wow!! I became a huge fan of A.M. Madden, while reading The Back-Up Series. I waited patiently on Trey's story, and loved every page of it. Afterwards I was like, well what do I read next? Her characters have a way of staying with you, long after the last page is turned.
This new book, Stone Walls, had the same effect on me. Benjamin Stone, is a narcotics agent with the NYPD, who also happens to be sexy, strong, protective, and sometimes stubborn. Ella Parker, is beautiful, smart, sexy
Jillian
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet sweet Ben..... This book is just wow! So proud of the writing A.M. has displayed with this new novel.
You just can't help but fall in love with Benjamin Stone. He is a jaded New York Cop specializing in narcotics. Along side him is his best friend and partner Rob.
The beautiful and sassy Ella Parker is the best friend to Rob's girlfriend.
What will happen when these two spit fires meet? Ella has a story and is making a new life for herself after a life altering event a year ago.

Ben
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
I am a HUGE of AM Madden. I love rockstar books and she drew me in with Devils Lair BUT I swear with each book her writing gets better and better. This book had such great flow, it's one that you plan to read just a few chapters and then all of a sudden it's 2am and your already over half way done.

Stone Walls had just enough of everything. Just enough suspense. Just enough conflict. Just enough cocky male and sassy strong female. Nothing was drawn out. I loved absolutely everything about it.

Be
Eye Candy Bookstore
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Ben and Ella! Not at first, not together for sure. LOL! But as the ice melted between them, I grew to love them both separately and together.

Ben is a cop, through and through. Cocky, determined, single minded- his goal to rid the streets of drug dealers after a past bad experience that changed who he was forever.

Ella is alone, apart from her best friend Andrea, who is always trying to fix her up with someone. Her mother was murdered right before she moved to New York and the past came
Nicole
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading this....

There is one truth that outshines every thing else. A.M. Madden is an AMAZINGLY talented author. I have fallen in love with every single one of her books and all of her heroes and heroines!
Ben FREAKIN Stone!!! A H.O.T. NYPD officer with a past that makes it hard for him to believe in relationships. That is, until he meets his match in the sassy Ella Parker, a woman who lived through a horror that still affects her everyday existence. Together these two souls battle their o
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was seriously so excited to read this one. I preordered it and started it the minute it was delivered. Yes, I am that reader that stalks the author to know when her book is live. And boy am I glad I did. I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish this little gem. Ben Stone is absolutely my newest book boyfriend and one I will be swooning over for a long time to come. AM is a master at sucking you in from the very beginning and not giving you a second to breathe until it's over. I was already a ...more
Kyra Meadows
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was gifted to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

I’ve read and enjoyed all of AM Maddens’ books. After reading the Back Up Series and being “stuck” in a musician world I was keen to see how moving into a NYPD world would feel. I love cop shows and books so I was immediately intrigued. She took us right into that world and the story was very interesting with a lot of twists and turns which captivated you. Initially Ben and Ella fought their mutual attraction, it didn’t ta
Sandra Shrewsbury
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. I was on the edge of my seat making up scenarios for what was going to happen next. You have Ben Stone a cop with his partner Rob who is also his best friend. He had a tragic accident as a kid where all he was concerned about is going after drug dealers and bringing them down. Then you have Ella who works with her good friend Andrea. Ella is honest but her friend Andrea is very blunt, the type of friend you love but also can’t believe some of the stuff they do. The ...more
Saunders
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, mafia, series
First read of this author and I really loved her writing style. Appealed to me very much.

Have to say the book cover caught my attention initially and then when I read the blurb - yes this was my kind of read.

Ben Stone - NYPD cop and very married to his job but best friend Rob had other ideas when he introduced Ben to Ella Parker. Bright and beautiful Ella wanted nothing more to put her heart and soul into her black belt training - until she met Ben Stone.

What unravels is a past that connects bot
Goodreads Librari...: Author wants ASIN number added to both copies 2 22 Jan 21, 2016 11:34AM
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • The Beach House
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Surviving Brooklyn (Brooklyn, #1)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • Tangled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #2)
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Loverboy
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Her Dom's Lesson (Dominic Powers, #2)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
USA Today BESTSELLING ROMANCE AUTHOR

A.M. Madden's romance debut is The Back-Up Series, consisting of Back-Up, Front & Center, and Encore.

A.M. Madden is a wife, a mother, an avid reader of romance novels and now an author. In Back-up she aspired to create a fun, sexy, realistic romantic story. She wanted to create characters that the reader could relate to and feel as if they knew personally.

A

True Heroes (3 books)
  • Glass Ceilings (True Heroes, #2)
  • Dark Corners (True Heroes, #3)
“You’re mine now.” 4 likes