Start by marking “A Pirate's Wife for Me (Governess Brides, #11)” as Want to Read:
A Pirate's Wife for Me (Governess Brides, #11)

A Pirate's Wife for Me

(Governess Brides #11)

Coming February 15 from New York Times bestselling author Christina Dodd, the all-new, full-length Governess Brides historical...A PIRATE'S WIFE FOR ME!

Caitlin MacLean of Scotland is proud to announce her graduation from The Distinguished Academy of Governesses. She specializes in the womanly arts of housekeeping, picking locks, and overthrowing ruthless dictators, and loo
Published February 15th 2015 by Amazon Digital

To ask other readers questions about A Pirate's Wife for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pirate's Wife for Me

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
"I won't be used again."
"Maybe not. Maybe I can't make you adore me again, maybe I can't make you love me again---"
Oh, why did he have to use the word love?"
"But you're right about one thing." He leaned his arm against wall by her head. His lips barely moved as he spoke, but his eyes gleamed with a blatant assurance. "I want you in my bed all the time. I'm not going to force you. I don't have to. our flesh almost sizzles when we stand close, and one night soon you'll come to me and offer yourse
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Caitlin MacLean, has graduated from the Distinguished Academy of Governesses, and has quite the full spectrum of knowledge. From cleaning and managing servants to picking locks and deceiving dictators. Cait is not a woman to be messed with. She has recently taken up a position as a British Spy. Her new mission to join forces with the infamous pirate Taran, and help him overthrow an evil dictator who is known for betrayal and b
Tracy Emro
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars - slightly spoilerish

I loved most of this book. A few things bothered me but by the end I was very glad I read it.

Cate was definitely the shining star of this book. She is tough, smart, loyal a day times incredibly funny. Some of her inner dialogue had me laughing so hard I was in tears.

Taran was not quite the knight in shining armor I had hoped he would be. I agree with another reviewer who said he was a jerk to Cate when they were younger and the fact that he wasn't faithful really b
Beno
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I want to do a little happy dance. That was a great ending. The story was long complicated and fun with a very satisfying ending which is rare.
Kate
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
NancyK
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper, reviewed
Fantastic read! Excellent addition to the Governess brides series, after another of my favorites in that series "Lost in Your Arms". I adore historical romance, this is an fun adventure, with a lovely pirate hero and plucky, yes really, heroine. Lots of swashbuckling adventure. Loved that the heroine was just as strong as the hero. She even gets to beat up a bad guy! Or two!!
Florencia
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another hit by Christina Dodd. An engaging story, with suspense, action, and hot steamy love scenes. A prince looking for revenge and fighting to get his country back. A heartbroken lady with a thirst to avenge her brother's death. Together they will fight common enemies, learn to trust each other, and find true love.
Shea
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I always enjoy a book by Christina Dodd. She writes smart, funny characters and her female heroines are never shrinking violets. I liked that Caitlin and Taran had a long history you slowly discover throughout the book instead of the instant love of many romance novels. The cast of supporting characters are also interesting and I hope at least one, Jeannette, gets her own story soon. I liked her immediately.
Carla wynn
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I cut my reading teeth on historical romances. My absolute favorite was the late Kathleen Woodiwiss. This book reminded me a little of her books.
Cate has been raised to be a Scottish lady. How did she end up a pickpocket spy? Taran is pirate bent on revenge. How do they succeed I their quest and fight the storm brewing to bring them together. I enjoyed this book.
Nicole Burnham
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm biased, because Christina Dodd is a friend. That being said, I loved her books long before I knew her. This one is a new fave. It's punchy and fun, just like the title. If you're in the mood for a riot of a pirate romance, one you will enjoy without taking too seriously, this is your kind of book.
Kim
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this adventurous tale. It's kind of a throwback to "old school" romance, a bit predictable, but so much fun! There were a couple of grammatical and continuity errors, but they weren't bad enough to drive me crazy or distract me from the story.
Marielle
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-e-book
Mixed feelings.
It was ok, but not like I had come to expect of a miss Dodd-romance. The tension between the h/h wasn't that great, I didn't like the flashbacks and the ending was just plain silly.
I rounded up from 2,5.
Rue Allyn
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!

Twists, turns, and outrageous plot devices, all made delightful fully probable and tied up with a bright happily ever after bow. Dodd never disappoints.
Cynthia Womble
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
fast paced action adventure read. liked the strong heroine but her physically violent tendencies were at odds with her hesitancy to kill, even when seemed to be best choice.
Raelene
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute story, very easy summer read. Strong female character and macho man love interest. I highly recommend it.
Cheryl Arndt
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good, easy and fun read.
Robin
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I do so love a great pirate adventure, but this was so much more. Cait and Taran had known each other for years. He was her first everything. There were so many twist and turns.
Melissa
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Not my favorite but ok.

I had a hard time liking the two main characters they didn't to mesh well I did love the secondary characters. I love Ms. Dodd's books and will always read.
Aiga Al
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great addition to a wonderful series. It had a little bit different feel than the other books in the series, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.
I had wanted to read all of the Governess Brides books ever since I read My Favorite Bride. And now I have. I will definitely return to reread the favorites.
Heidi Dover
Mar 10, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 32%. First Christina Dodd book I've ever not finished. Just couldn't get into the story or the characters. Didn't feel any connection, intrigue, or excitement. All narrative and backstory, so much telling instead of her trademark action and emotional ties to the characters. Just couldn't slog through. Such a bummer.
Rebecca
I do like the series on the governess academy (and yes I know I didn't get the whole name in);but, this book felt a little more rushed than the others in the series. It is still a good journey but not my favorite.
Cary
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Tough to get going and not a big fan of flashbacks to tell the story but I enjoyed, particularly the strong heroine!
Donna
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Did not finish. Despite my best efforts at suspension of disbelief, this story was too ridiculous to bear. Plus the hero is a butt-head, and the heroine isn't especially likeable.
Sunny☼
robin godsey
Mar 20, 2015
W
Jan 08, 2017
  • The Rogue's Prize (Nelson's Tea #2)
  • Pirate in My Arms
  • The Following Sea (Dante Pirates, #3)
  • Pleasing the Pirate (Secrets & Seduction, #3)
  • What a Pirate Desires
  • Pirate
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • Cursed (Spellbound Regency #1)
  • Hart's Desire- A Lowcountry Seduction (Pirates & Petticoats #1)
  • His Pirate Seductress (Love on the High Seas, #3)
  • Pirate's Bride (Liberty's Ladies #1)
  • Magic Embrace
  • Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)
  • The Ransom (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #4)
  • Beloved Embrace
  • The Most Unlikely Lady (Brethren Of The Coast, #3)
  • Within a Captain's Hold (Captains of the Scarlet Night, #1)
  • For the Love of a Pirate
Upcoming 2019:
— STRANGERS SHE KNOWS: Cape Charade Full Length Suspense #3 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
— HIDDEN TRUTHS: Cape Charade novella https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

New and now!
— WHAT DOESN’T KILL HER (had better start running): Cape Charade Full-length Suspense #2 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
— FAMILIES AND OTHER ENEMIES: Cape Charade Novella https://www.goo

Governess Brides (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • That Scandalous Evening (Governess Brides #1)
  • Rules of Surrender (Governess Brides, #2)
  • Rules of Engagement (Governess Brides, #3)
  • Rules of Attraction (Governess Brides, #4)
  • In My Wildest Dreams (Governess Brides, #5)
  • Lost in Your Arms (Governess Brides, #6)
  • My Favorite Bride (Governess Brides, #7)
  • My Fair Temptress (Governess Brides, #8)
  • In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides, #9)
  • Taken by the Prince (Governess Brides #10)
“He imagines himself a wit, but he's only half that.” 0 likes