Start by marking “The Paratroopers: A Novel of the 82nd Airborne Division (Airborne Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Steven Weaver's life as a college student was active. If he wasn't studying, he was playing varsity football or basketball. Now, with the coming of war, his first months in the Army lacked activity until he was given a unique opportunity in the summer of 1942 to join a group of air deployed combat infantry looking for athletic volunteers. Little did he know what would be a ...more
Published June 2nd 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Paratroopers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paratroopers

Steve
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
A novel of the 82nd Air-born (again) Division. Actually, once you get past the born again part, it isn't a bad read. I don't ever want to be accused of poking fun at someone's religious views but I also don't like to be preached at while I am reading for entertainment.

Besides every side believes that God is on their side, even the Wehrmacht during World War II wore belt buckles engraved with "Gott Mit Uns!" (God is with us). During whichever war you want to choose you can probably look around a
Ricardo Cazares
Dec 05, 2016
Dale Dahlke
Aug 29, 2016
Kellyn Roth
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Reveries Reviews

3.5/5 stars

I honestly wasn't really expecting to enjoy this book too much, but I decided to read it anyway because a friend of mine gave me a physical copy, and I was tired of reading on Kindle.

I admit I didn't really enjoy it too much at first, but once it got going, I liked it. It isn't my favorite kind of book to read, but there were some parts that were very interesting and even exciting.

Plot: 3/5

Like I said, this isn't really my favorite kind of story to
peter clark