Start by marking “Once Upon A Coffee (Wishful, #0.5; Meet Cute Romance, #4)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Coffee (Wishful, #0.5; Meet Cute Romance, #4)

Once Upon A Coffee

(Wishful 0.5)

After a long series of stinkers, when a respectful match from an online dating site asks to meet Avery Cahill in real life, she agrees. Invoking her favorite romantic comedy, they arrange to meet in a local coffee shop with a flower and a book.

Under a serious deadline to finish a group project for his MBA--solo--the only thing Dillon Lange wants is peace and quiet. When a
36 pages
Published (first published July 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Coffee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Coffee

TL
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Professor Hendricks was a certifiable asshole. As Dillon Lange climbed the stairs to his second floor apartment, he ran through a number of other less than flattering descriptions for the man who didn’t give a damn that Dillon’s project partner had a ruptured appendix, thus blowing their chances of finishing the midterm project on time. At least if they expected to finish it together.

“You should’ve planned for this,” Hendricks had said when Dillon met with him to plead for leniency since Noelle
Jillian
I really enjoyed this quick read short story. This is the first time I've read this author and I'm definitely interested in reading more.
Renataberger
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I enjoyed the other cute meet books but this one was the best thus far ( in my opinion). A quick but definite must read.
Michelle
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super quick and super cute.
Christine
Feb 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As others have mentioned this story is very short. It almost feels like set up to a fuller-length book, however that's not the case. The ending is rather abrupt. Yes, the H/h have a cute moment but the story ends before it can become anything substantial. Really, you're just reading this for the encounter and I guess, what? You use your imagination for the rest? But there's not really much to go on.
Rebekah
Hmm, I thought this was a preview for a larger novel about these characters. It's not and I'm disappointed.

That aside, this is a cute, short read.
Patti
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-ebooks
Charming

Definitely a sweet, southern first meet by two people who have a spark and connection. Dillion and Avery have a solid start at something truly special.
Anne Oftedahl
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
This was really cute!
I actually wish this was longer - it works as a short story, but I really want to see how the relationship evolves over time...
A.M.
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
A light hearted, bite-sized read about mistaken identities in a coffee shop. This is a cute, well written story which serves as an ideal speedy pick me up for anyone feeling a little blue.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
There was no point to this story.
Andi Rahmat
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it
very short -___- but it helps with nice cover >_<
Crystal
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute short story!! I definitely enjoyed this book and actually wished it was longer. I wanted to continue reading about Avery and Dillon!
Dillon is a grad student with an impossible deadline for his macroeconomics midterm because of his partners emergency illness. His prof refuses to extend the deadline even though his poor partner is in the hospital needing emergency surgery. There’s no way he can work on it at home and the local coffee shop is filled to the brim.
Travelling to a small town he
Elena Johansen
It's cute and charming and an excellent example of Nolan's easy-to-read narrative style. I fell right into this short story about a blind date mix-up, and I liked the characters enough to wish we were getting a whole novel out of it--the ever-present danger with short stories and novellas, that they're good enough to make the reader want more.

And there is plenty more to be had in the Wishful series, though I don't particularly think this is a good entry point, despite that #0.5 label--it's set i
A.M.
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Avery Cahill has a date. She’s meeting him in the coffee shop in the small town of Wishful where she works, but she doesn’t know what he looks like. When the barista says he’s already arrived and he’s upstairs, she plonks herself down at the table of Dillon Lange.
But… Dillon isn’t her date. He knows this, but he likes her and they got on immediately.
Of course, her proper date eventually arrives.
***
An intro to the town of Wistful and another romance series from the author.
Cute. Lots of pop cultur
Maria Matthews
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was sorry that it was such a short book. I became sympathetic for Dillon from the start. I could visualise it happening, mistaken identity can and does happen not usually with such heart warming results.I enjoyed Kait's writing style, her personalitites were clearly etched on paper and in my heart. I read the 33 pages in one sitting and have put her name on my list of authors to read again in the future. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a light romantic read and characters that ring ...more
Birgit
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just what the series promised: cute. A shorter story (though not a short story), this will be a nice read for a couple of hours, one lazy afternoon or evening.
When Avery meets Dillon, she thinks he is her online date, and though Dillon soon realises what's going on, he doesn't correct her. When the real date turns up, Avery soon realises that there were more sparks between Dillon and her...
Well written, short enough to fill an afternoon, with likeable protagonists - what can a reader wa
Kristen Lewendon
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want more! Avery and Dillon are so utterly adorable together – no matter what case of mistaken identity brought them together – that I just need to see more of the relationship between and what it becomes. This story is cute and fun, and we get to see the charm of Wishful in action. My only complaint is that it’s so short. I will happily read many hundreds of words more about this pair. Having read several of the later Wishful books, I know Avery and Dillon are mentioned, but I don’t think we’ ...more
Krystyna
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A blind blind date

No that wasn't a mistake. When a blind date leads you to talking to someone who isn't your blind date then I would call it a blind blind date. She is normally shy, beautiful and a great reader. He is handsome, overworked and into economics. When a mistake leads her to believe that he is her blind date. What will happen? Will they ever see each other again? A sweet plot that shows that Fate does step in from time to time.
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Avery meets Ross on a dating app however he has no picture so she’s unsure of how he will be. She finally agrees to meet up with him and ends up meeting Dillon whom she thinks is her blind date. They hit it off right away but she doesn’t realize that this is not Ross until she questions him about school and the real Ross overhears. One thing leads to another and they both realize how much they enjoyed the others company.
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Not sure

3 stars

I'm actually giving this book 3 stars because I don't know what to make of it. If this book has a continuing journey of Avery and Dillon then this book was just OK. It didn't really spiked my interest to a point the blurb got me wanting to read this book the book itself did not.

To me this book was not finished and quite frankly it was bland.

Happy Sexy reading
Kate McMurry
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, first-meet short story

This author has written an entire series of full-length romance novels set in Wishful, Mississippi, a small town of 5,000 people. This short story is about the first meet between two attractive, sympathetic people in their early twenties. The man is working on his master's degree in architecture and the woman has a BA in English literature. This is fast read which is a pleasant, G-rated diversion.
Elizabeth Bennet
This is a charming fast little read. It's clean and sweet. Avery Cahill is preparing herself for a blind date at a coffee shop. The scene that is painted was a small town quaint local hangout. Dillon Lange has a weekend of sky high macroeconomics project when a case of mistaken identity walks up to his table. I found this one on the freebie list and enjoyed its spirit. Enjoy!
Diane
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These cute romance shorts are a great way to discover a new author, and I have! Sometimes serendipity plays a big role when mistaken identify turns into a match made for two. Great characters, interesting conversation and an introduction to a quaint little southern town that I know I'm going to visit again and again.
Charliegirl1
Too short

The subtitle says it all--"Meet Cute". They meet, it's cute, the end. It isn't even a novella its a scene that segues into another, which ends almost as soon as it gets started. It's done well, but I don't understand why it isn't just included as a chapter or two in another book.
Elly Ramadhani
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a non native English speaker, I found a bunch of uncommon words I had to look up on Google but that's a point reading a book in different language, isn't it? I love how the author described the set of place in details. And as someone who finally met my years online boyfriend in real last year, this book so much reminding me of my own story :)
Susana Graça
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you want to know why I'm not giving it 5 stars? Because, I WANTED MORE! I knew this would be short, but damn I wished for at least a little more...

Anyways, great story and although it's definitely short I had a blast! I laughed with them :D

This is the kind of story that WILL cheer you up in a second :)
Samantha Zee
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute. It was super short and was just supposed to be a filler for one of the other books in the series, but I felt like the characters had good chemistry and the whole interaction was believable.

Nice palate cleanser for all the other books I've been reading.
Ellen White
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but cute story. Dillion needing quiet to finish his paper, goes to a coffee shop to work on it. Avery comes to meet someone from a dating online service. Bring a book and flower,and meet at this coffee shop. Was it the wrong table, even though busy, he lets her join him,
Val Bayhon
A free Kindle e-book that I have stumbled upon and thought to myself 'It's free, why not?'.
Little did I know, it would make me laugh and feel giddy inside.

A great short story about serendipity and how people make their own choices after the encounter.

Dorothey Brown
Bad Choice

I was really getting into the story and it just ended. I guess that is what I get for buying a free book. I can't recommend it because I don't know what the outcome was going to be.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Maid and the Billionaire Prince (He Wanted Me Pregnant!)
  • Destiny Bay: The Ranchers Vol. 1 (Destiny Bay: The Ranchers #1-3)
  • Blind With Love
  • Mistletoe and Mochas (Holidays and Heroes, #1)
  • Broken (1Night Stand, #100)
  • Christmas on Main Street
  • Mistletoe Cowboy (Heart of Oklahoma #3)
  • Haunting Secrets
  • Second Time Around
  • The Defiant Heart (Heart, #2)
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • Loving the Secret Billionaire (Love at Last #1)
  • Scar Tissue (Paradise Falls, #1)
  • A Laird's Promise (Highland Heartbeats #1)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Mountain Man (Smith Brothers, #1)
  • Perfect (Love Series, #1)
Kait Nolan is stuck in an office all day, sometimes juggling all three of her jobs at once with the skill of a trained bear—sometimes with a similar temperament. After hours, this RITA® Award winning author uses her powers for good, creating escapist fiction. This Mississippi native has something for everyone, from short and sweet to Southern contemporary romance to small town romantic suspense—al ...more

Wishful (8 books)
  • To Get Me To You (Wishful, #1)
  • Know Me Well (Wishful, #2)
  • Be Careful, It's My Heart (Wishful, #3)
  • Just For This Moment (Wishful, #4)
  • Wish I Might (Wishful, #5)
  • Turn My World Around (Wishful, #6)
  • Dance Me A Dream (Wishful, #7)
  • See You Again (Wishful, #8)
“Dillon’s project partner had a ruptured appendix, thus blowing their chances of finishing the midterm” 0 likes
“planned for this,” Hendricks had said when Dillon met with him to plead for leniency since Noelle was still in the hospital. Right, because a ruptured organ” 0 likes