Start by marking “From Paradise...to Pregnant!” as Want to Read:
From Paradise...to Pregnant!

From Paradise...to Pregnant!

One night with consequences…

A week in Bali was accountant Zoe Summers's dream vacation. But when the tropical island paradise is hit by an earthquake, she's trapped—alongside Mitch Bailey, sports star and blast from her past! High on the thrill of survival, they seek comfort in each other's arms…

It was only supposed to be one night, but Zoe soon discovers an unexpected s
Published June 2nd 2015 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about From Paradise...to Pregnant!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Paradise...to Pregnant!

Devika Fernando
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read and loved "The Summer They Never Forgot" by Kandy Shepherd, so I was filled with anticipation when her latest release fell into my hands. And I’m happy to say I wasn’t disappointed at all.

Zoe is a wonderful heroine. All too often, if the main character isn’t beautiful, she’s ugly. Not Zoe. She started out as a plain Jane and turned into not a swan but a common yet beautiful bird. I loved the way she was portrayed as a woman with brains and confidence, but also with a burdened past and hid
Hina Tabassum
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One wrong step ruined their friendship.

But what they did not realise was that they were in love when they were seventeen.

As fate would have it, they meet again a decade later on the exotic island of Bali and the strength of the feelings they once had, bring them together for a celebratory reunion resulting in them returning to want more from each other.

Though, no boundaries are set, Zoe and Mitch are not ready to let go of each other and now they have a new life to welcome.

Will this new life be
Desere
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All fun filled nights are usually without consequences, well except if you count the hangover part that you are always aware of will be there the next day. Bu the fun filled nights that always hold the most consequences are when we say " I will never ......." because then it always happens !

In the latest read from Kandy Shepherd, we meet account Zoe Summer. A week in Bali was meant to be her dream vacation, the one vacation that is meant to replenish her energy and just generally give her back s
Deanna from Deanna's World
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Harlequin Romance imprint is one of my favorites when it comes to heartwarming, deeply romantic stories, and Kandy Shepherd's From Paradise... to Pregnant! is no different.

What I loved about this story is not just how likable both Zoe and Mitch are as characters but the focus on them as a couple and their relationship. I love reading a romance where the romance is the focus, where I learn about the characters and watched their relationship develop throughout the story. Kandy does a marvelous
Katrina
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kandy Shepherd warms the heart of romance readers ,with her vivid descriptions and such wonderfully delivered sweet stories of love. From Paradise to Pregnant is no exception.

Her stories always leave me feeling gooey and lovey dovey, sated and happy. I turn the last page, content and sheepishly grinning knowing that this book was another one to add to my list of favourites by this author.

I love the settings Kandy depicts her stories in , the wonderfully detailed surroundings she so flawlessly
Janie Evans
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"From Paradise...to Pregnant" by Kandy Shepherd is a quick, intense read. Our heroine in the story is Zoe Summer's who is supposed to be on vacation but when an earthquake hits the dream vacation becomes more. First she is trapped with a person from her past, Mitch Bailey, and when they are rescued they seek comfort in each others arms. What was one glorious night turns into something else a couple of months later.

The author writes with such intensity of what happens during the earthquake that m
Cathleen Ross
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lovely romance with an only too real feel starting with a Tsunami on holiday in Bali and ending with a wonderful love story.
Virginia Campbell
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Characterizations with "something extra" add depth to the sweetly sensual storyline of author Kandy Shepherd's "From Paradise to Pregnant". Long ago, while working through the typical teenage angst of one who marches to their own drummer, Zoe Summers decided to make the most of her unique looks and individual sense of style. With her intelligence, business smarts, and her ability to cater to the specific working needs of her clientele, Zoe had bloomed both personally and professionally. A decade ...more
Helen
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story in a beautiful setting it was a joy to read and it had me smiling and tearing up at times as Zoe Summers meets up with and old school friend Mitch Bailey while on holiday in Bali.

Zoe and Baily have not seen each other for many years since the end of school and they had a close friendship during school while Zoe who had recently moved to this school after losing her parents in an accident and moving in with her grandmother who was not a loving person was helping Mitch wi
Amanda
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing

FROM PARADISE…TO PREGNANT by Kandy Shepherd is warm, sweet and emotionally touching. The romance between the hero and heroine gives this beautiful story a touch of zest and sizzle.

An earthquake disrupts Zoe Summer's one week vacation in Bali and she is out of her wits end. Amidst all the confusion caused by Mother Nature, she meets Mitch Bailey, the famous footballer and high school crush, wrapped in just a towel (!) Ten years she'd last seen Mitch and since they hadn't parted on good terms, Zoe
Dottie
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you have Zoe Summer who always feels she is plain women, and Mitch Bailey a sports star that is everything a hot man should be? You get a fantastic romance that puts two people that knew each other in the past , an earthquake in Bali and a night to remember. Zoe feels there is no future for her with Mitch who is busy traveling the world with his team, but the fact that they spent nights together may have to change that. When Mitch goes off to his games Zoe finds that their a ...more
Nas Dean
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FROM PARADISE TO PREGNANT by author Kandy Shepherd is a June 2015 release by Harlequin Romance series.

Zoe Summer’s vacation in Bali is brought to a shuddering halt when an earthquake hits the island. She is scared stiff and with no idea what would happen next, she found comfort in famous footballer Mitch Bailey’s arms. Mitch was her high school crush.

Would Mitch want to continue their liaison after that night? Because he was after his own career oriented goal which had no place for long-term
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first ever taste of Kandy Shepherd's work, and it definitely won't be the last.

We meet Zoe, a young woman spending her vacation in Bali. During a relaxing message an earthquake hits and sends everything into chaos, and who does she run into? An old friend from High school. What makes it more uncomfortable is they did not part on good terms. It's been 10yrs and he's still as handsome as ever! Fearing aftershocks, Zoe is now stuck on the island with a guy she used to have a huge crush
Jane
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had never read anything by Kandy Shepherd but From Paradise to Pregnant really grabbed my attention.

What a sweet love story this was. When Zoe Summer's was back in high school she was the nerdy geek who had a crush on Mitch Bailey the school jock. She also ended up tutoring him and the two became friends until they didn't. Mitch said some hurtful things to Zoe that last day and neither of them has ever forgotten them.

It is now ten years later......Zoe is a successful woman with her own busines
VampAmber
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I love to find (and often look for) in my romance novels: it was fluffy and sweet yet still interesting, and all-around awesome too. I love the we-used-to-know-each-other plot-lines, and I love them a thousand times more if, for whatever the reason, the first time the two characters knew each other, they weren't dating. You get a lot of reuniting exes stories, but it's such a treat for me to find the ones where they liked each other but didn't get the chance to date un ...more
Myra Wardhana
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Immediately read this book, knowing it was set at Bali, paradise for honeymoon and surfers.

And not to mention, since I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia, going to Bali once (or more) in your lifetime is a must in the bucket list!

Love the author going to the very depth of the research to this book, from mentioning the beautiful souvenirs, amazing food and the scenery.

It took me back to my last trip to Bali in 2009, just few months after the wrap up shooting of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray and Love
Robyn Rychards
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Kandy Shepherd and am looking forward to reading more by her. I love her voice and thoroughly enjoyed Mitch and Zoe's story. One of my favorite story lines is when a celebrity falls in love with an ordinary person and Ms. Shepherd does a wonderful job with it in this book. Just for added measure, Mitch and Zoe were jock and nerd friends in high school and the relationship didn't end well. All the ingredients for a great story in my book! Thanks for a wonderful ...more
Sabrina Devonshire
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a really cute book. Mitch and Zoe knew each other in high school and meet up by a twist of fate in Bali. Mitch, Zoe's only friend during that dark, difficult time, betrayed her and even though it was years ago, she finds his misstep hard to forgive. But an earthquake throws them together and attraction sizzles and what happens after that, you'll just have to read to find out. Both characters are likable and fun and their love story kept me turning pages. Don't miss it!
Graeme Cole
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being a bit of a romantic guy myself, I have always been curious as to what romance novels are actually like. I spotted this book on the shelf in the book store. And finally decided to satisfy my curiosity once and for all, so I bought it. And I must say. I was very pleasantly surprised. I was an amazing read. And I enjoyed the journey.
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
review to come soon ..... loved
Harlequin Books
"Fans of romance will be captivated by this thrilling tale, which turns a disaster into a blessing in disguise" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).
Sandy Curtis
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I love about Kandy Shepherd's stories is their authentic characters. Zoe has had to fight for her success in life, but it hasn't changed her genuine, lovely nature. When she meets sports star Mitch, her high school crush, she forgives him for his rejection of her when they were teenagers. Although their journey to love and happiness isn't a smooth one, there are no contrived misunderstandings, simply two honest people finding their way together. Refreshing, and very very enjoyable.
Melody Cox
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story and I enjoyed it enough to place it on my reread list.
Susan
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet and heartwarming reunion story. Zoe is on vacation in Bali when she is caught in an earthquake. The last person she expects to see there is her old high school crush Mitch Bailey. Zoe is surprised that Mitch remembers her, especially now that he's a famous soccer star. But Mitch had never forgotten the girl that helped get him through his English poetry class, and often regretted the teenage jerkiness that ended their friendship. This is his chance to finally apologize and try to make th ...more
Hearts on Sleeves Book Blog
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I must confess, before reviving my ways as an avid fiction reader
I scoffed at the romance genre... I know, I know, I hang my head in shame,
but this gorgeous little read reminded me why I took up with romance in the first place...
to find joy in reliving those feely feels of first loves, first heartbreaks, first every-things
and boy did Zoe & Mitch's story deliver!

I identified with Zoe's character immediately, The narrator
describes her as aesthetically "unremarkable"
and "plain"..(uh-huh,
C.A. Clark
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
World class soccer player meets high powered career woman, realise they were once high school friends, share a frightening earthquake moment and make a baby.
The protagonists are both career oriented and relationship commitments are the last complication either of them is looking for.

The story starts out slow but the pace picks up. There is a lot of internal dialogue but overall it was a pleasant read with some smile moments and some awww moments.

A good book to curl up with on a chilly afternoo
Penney
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Wonderful read, I highly recommend reading it.
donald bond and Sue Donnelly
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Newborn on Her Doorstep
  • The Prince She Never Forgot
  • A Proposal Worth Millions
  • A Bride for the Italian Boss (Vineyards of Calanetti, #1)
  • Her Irresistible Protector
  • A Millionaire for Cinderella (In Love with the Boss #1)
  • Expecting the Earl's Baby
  • Christmas Kisses with Her Boss
  • The Prince's Christmas Vow (Twin Princes of Mirraccino, #2)
  • The CEO's Unexpected Child (Millionaires of Manhattan, #4)
  • A Bride for the Island Prince
  • The Prince's Cinderella Bride
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #4)
  • A Texas Rescue Christmas (Texas Rescue, #2)
  • Oh, Naughty Night!
  • The Last Real Cowboy / The Rancher's Runaway Princess (Cadence Creek Cowboys, #1)
  • The Sarantos Baby Bargain (Sarantos Brothers, #2)
  • Snowbound with the Boss (Pregnant by the Boss)

Kandy Shepherd left a fast-paced career as a magazine editor to write award-winning romantic fiction.
Kandy lives in a small farm in the Blue Mountains near Sydney, Australia, with her husband, daughter and a menagerie of four-legged friends.
She believes in love-at-first-sight and real-life romance—they worked for her!