Start by marking “Star Wars: Jedi Academy, The Phantom Bully (Jedi Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Jedi Academy, The Phantom Bully (Jedi Academy, #3)

Star Wars: Jedi Academy, The Phantom Bully

(Jedi Academy #3)

It's hard to believe that this is my last year at Jedi Academy. I've been busier than ever learning to fly (and wash) starships, sight-seeing in the Lake Country on Naboo, studying for the Jedi obstacle course exam, and tracking down dozens of voorpaks...don't ask. But now someone is setting me up to get in trouble with everyone at school. If I don't find out who it is--an ...more
Published June 30th 2015 by Scholastic, Inc.

Amy Formanski Duffy
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have no excuse to read this series. My kid is too young for it yet, and I'm way too old for them. They won't be selected for any Best of the Year lists for children's books. But I love them and they make me so happy that I don't care who sees me reading them on the train. I would have been gaga about this series as a kid. Roan and his buddies are just trying to graduate from the middle school portion of Jedi Academy, dealing with tough teachers and bullies and obstacle courses along the way. T ...more
Frank
Harry Potter meets Wimpy Kid, but with light sabers. If a kid likes Star Wars, they're going to like this.
Seth B.
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the Star Wars book. It shows humor and action. It compares middle school from real life and Jedi training from George Lucas's Star Wars. It shows what some people go through in middle school and what people in Star Wars might go through in Jedi middle school. I noticed that it is set in the time before the Clone Wars.
Aaron
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Roan Novachez is off to his third and final year at Jedi Academy Middle School. This third title in the series continues the fun and humor that allows fans of Star Wars to find out what it might be like to grow up in that "universe." As you can guess from the title, Roan and his friends are going to be having to deal some more with bullying, but they will also have some other experiences, both fun and not-so-fun.

For example, each of the students will get to take Independent Study, which will all
Karen Fresh
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
There aren't too many books I can share with my 9-year-old niece and nephew, but this series is very funny and cute. I buy them for the kids, but of course I have to preview them :). Hilarious!
Jessica
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author really knows students not only in their speaking, but the expressions on their faces. I love all the parts- his home life, the newspaper, the schedule, what Master Yoda and the other instructors say and the plot in graphics. Well done. I took time to read these and my students are rushing me to finish in a night because they want to read them. I don't often give books 5 stars, but in this case it fits.

I like these kids books so much that even as an adult I am going to read the one I
Lake County Public Library
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, kids, sci-fi
Adorable and wonderful fictional treatment of bullying + Ewok pilots!

-- Sarah, Dyer-Schererville Branch
Beverly
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphic-novels
Cute and fun, like the other books in the series. I enjoyed it.
Trevor
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the book Jedi academy and the phantom bully there is a boy named roan and he wants to become a pilot but ends up going to Jedi school and than he changes his mind and wants to become a Jedi so he goes back to the academy for his third year and this is his last year and he wants to graduate so he tries his best to pass the tests. The first test is an obstacle course so he picked a team with his friends and passes by 1 second the second test is a maze that leads to the end but there is a catch ...more
Meleka Taylor
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Roan's final year at the Jedi Academy before he goes to high school and maybe continuing his training and education to becoming a Jedi. I am still crying and blowing my nose. This is one the best books I have read this year. A children's book!!!??? Yes, a children's book. This series has kept me captivated. I recommend this to any child. These books show the experiences that a child in middle school goes through: learning who he/she is, learning talents, making best friends, learning to ...more
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
F+U+N+N+Y=FUNNY!!! I like the ewok comics in the book! (review by seven year old)

my kids LOVE this series. the mix of journal entries, comics, and other writing styles keep the books interesting for everyone. content-wise, these books are definitely geared more toward upper elementary/middle school kids; however, nothing is really inappropriate for early elementary kids reading at this level. Some of it simply won't be relevant to them, yet. Jeffrey Brown is humorous and has nice, little message
Miguel
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was amazing because of the humor in it. This book is about a young Jedi in training named Roan who goes to Jedi Academy. This is his last year of middle school and he has to make sure not to screw up. You might think that it's easy to avoid messing up, but there is someone trying to ruin Roan's school year. Will Roan graduate or will he flunk. I recommend this book to people to who love graphic novels and love the Jedi Academy series.
Robert Owens
The third and final (as of now) book in this series. Roan finished middle school at Jedi Academy. This year he learned to ignore distractions; a good lesson for all of us. At the end, he and Cronah actually became friends. Ronald, the future politician, was kicked out for all his dastardly deeds. The slimy character certainly would make a good politician.

Roan and Gaiana kiss frequently. Ah, puppy love.

Fun, but over.
Jenna
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think this volume was more compelling, as there wasn't just a good/evil side. Instead, Roan starts to see that those who might look like Sith (like Cyrus), might be able to change. The pranks were rather over the top, but I suppose that was the point. I wonder if there will be a high school version of this...which I definitely would read but am not one hundred percent sure how it would work, exactly.
Bruna Miranda
Essa trilogia é um amor. Tem lições de moral e mostra situações completamente normais e relacionáveis para crianças: amizades, brigas, bullying, nervosismo na escola, família - só que no mundo de Star Wars (que é bem mais legal!). É uma ótima sugestão de presente para crianças e/ou fãs de Star Wars de todas as idades.
Austin W
Shelves: 2015, eng_2015
I can't get enough of Jeffrey Brown's Star Wars!!! ♥
Craig
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another fun book in the series! I look forward to seeing if their will be more!
Malik
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4
it is a great book if you like star wars
Katherine Pace
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
The Phantom Bully is the third book in the Jedi Academy series (which I actually didn't know when I purchased the book). It follows a boy named Roan through his final year of middle school at The Jedi Academy. Roan is gifted in the Force but faces several challenges throughout the book. He is constantly being picked on by two different boys and struggles to understand what the girl he likes actually means when she says things but he always has his friends there to help. I really liked this book ...more
zapkode
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – Roan is on his last year at Jedi Academy. He is doing great with his friendships. He’s even made friends with the new girl at school. Some of the previous kids that were giving him a rough time aren’t anymore. And some of those that weren’t are now. He is just kind of taking things one day at a time, because that is really his only option.

Roan is like any other middle schooler. Just trying to survive school and make a few friends along the way.

I really enjoyed reading this book a
Manuel R
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
InJedi Acadamy: A New Class, It's Roans last year at Jedi Acadamy, and he is very excited! He is also excited to see Gaiana, but not sure if they are dating or not. When the year starts, Roan notices that things are going wrong... and it's with someone else's doing. All students get a teacher for independent lessons, and Roan gets mr. G! There are many challenges in the year, such as an obstacle courses and mazes. The bad part is, whoever this bully is, those are the two most easiest chances to ...more
Dave Anderson
Reading level: 3.9

Summary: This book is part of a series in the Star Ward franchise about the Jedi training academy. This volume is about Roan who is in his final year of middle school and has to deal with a bully.

Characteristics that support the genre: Based upon the fictional Star Wars series.

Writing traits:
Voice: The book is written from the point of view of Roan, most of it as a journal.
Presentation: The book is written as a journal of Roan for parts, and other parts as comic showing him
Ryan
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a middle school kid named roan, in Jedi academy. Roan has been training to fly a star ship. A kid named Corona who bullies roan. Corona bullies roan by taking his backpack and hiding it and putting food in it.Roan finish the Jedi obstacle course before Corona did so that cased him to bully roan even more. At the end of the year they had a Jedi maze the had to complete to pass Jedi academy.Roan finished fourth and passed but Corona did not and got held back.

This book was really
Victor Chiu
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....There was a boy named Roan Novachez, who was FINALLY becoming a REAL pilot at Jedi Academy. Now he is starting his final year there, and it's probably going to be REALLY, REALLY hard, but it's also going to be really AWESOME! Roan has started his last year here in Jedi Academy, he had many different activities and classes, such as being trained by different Jedi mentors, talent shows, an obstacle course, and also completed the Jedi Labyrinth trial. How ...more
Jairo Lopez
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was abou tis kid named Roan and he wants to go to jedi academy to become a jedi pilot.And it is his 4 year at the academy and he passes the last test and he graduates.This book deserves 5 stars because its super cool.And i recommend this book to richi orange because he likes aliens that fight in space.
Oliver A
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very humorous story. If you like star wars you will like this series, and if you have read the other books in the series you won't be disappointed. The characters in this story are easy to relate to and funny. This book will go by fast. It's in the style of a journal that is half comics and half real writing.
Bradley
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is my favorite book ever. It is funny. One of my favorite parts is how many schools there are. There is Jedi Academy, A plant school, and the Galactic Senate Academy. Those are the schools that I know of for rate now.
Beth Kakuma-Depew
My boys both love this series - but mostly because the author captures the coming of age feeling of the original movies in a new format with new characters. Yoda is just a mysterious and goofy in these books as in the second movie.
Anthony Schinkel
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
  • Emperor Pickletine Rides the Bus (Origami Yoda, #6)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • A New Hope - The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Star Wars: Episode IV)
  • Game On! (Squish, #5)
  • Smek for President! (Smek, #2)
  • The Force Awakens - A Junior Novel
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • Frank Einstein and the Antimatter Motor (Frank Einstein, #1)
  • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade (Hilda, #3)
  • Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream (Stick Dog, #4)
  • The Empire Strikes Back - So You Want to Be a Jedi?
  • Secret Coders (Secret Coders, #1)
  • Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow (Jacob Wonderbar, #1)
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 1: Vader
  • The King's Equal
  • Legacy of the Jedi / Secrets of the Jedi
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
Jeffrey Brown was born in 1975 in Grand Rapids, Michigan and grew up reading comic books with dreams of someday drawing them, only to abandon them and focus on becoming a 'fine artist.' While earning his MFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Brown abandoned painting and began drawing comics with his first autobiographical book 'Clumsy' in 2001. Since then he's drawn a dozen books fo ...more

Jedi Academy (7 books)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy (Jedi Academy, #1)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy, Return of the Padawan (Jedi Academy, #2)
  • A New Class (Jedi Academy #4)
  • The Force Oversleeps (Star Wars: Jedi Academy #5)
  • The Principal Strikes Back (Star Wars: Jedi Academy #6)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy #7