Start by marking “Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)” as Want to Read:
Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)

Magenta Mine

(Invertary #3)

Harry Boyle’s genius IQ has failed him. The alpha geek stupidly followed relationship advice from Invertary’s resident evil mastermind—eighty-seven year old Betty. That’s how he ended up trapped in an abandoned mine waiting to be rescued by his high school crush. The same crush he still loves. The one he’s come back to town to claim.

Magenta Fraser doesn’t want to be clai
Published December 31st 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Magenta Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magenta Mine

Start your review of Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
Tamar
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This year, I became a huge Henderson fan when I discovered the first Invertary book, Lingerie Wars. And since then, I think I've read just about everything that Ms. Henderson has available.

Magenta Mine is a novella that takes place right after the 2nd Invertary book, Goody Two Shoes. As I'm eagerly awaiting book 3, Magenta Mine was a nice filler novella to temporarily appease my reading appetite.

Magenta, lingerie shop owner Kirsty's assistant, has an unrequited love from her childhood: Harry.
Jane Stewart
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 ½ stars. I wasn’t laughing like I did in the first book, but it had a humorous feel. I enjoyed it.

Magenta refuses to acknowledge her feelings for Harry. She avoids him. I love how he pursues her and loves her even though she makes it difficult for him. She is not a good student but she is smart and competent in other ways. Harry was genius IQ and early to college. I liked reading about both of them.

Early in the story, Magenta’s mother asked Magenta to help her with her neighbor. That was skipp
LaVerne Clark
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A full-bodied romance in the space of a novella. Ms. Henderson, you hit it out of the ball-park with this one!

I love the best-friends to lovers trope and I especially love it when the romance gives me goose-bumps because it is just THAT good - and for me, Magenta Mine was all that and more. The love scenes were hot and sexy but sensual at the same time. I've always loved Lake since meeting him in Lingerie Wars, but Harry has leapfrogged him to become my favourite of the Invertary men. The combin
Amanda
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute short read

I couldn’t fully give it 5 stars because the read was so short and the story was exceedingly simple without resolution between mother and daughter for behaviors but it was good nonetheless
Morgan Nebistinsky
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝

photo tumblr_mrd52tt0Zi1sf0cfdo1_500.gif
I absolutely LOVED this book. Magenta has been kicked down all her life, but Harry, the geeky alpha plans to stop that. He may have left for uni, but he's back now.
His IQ could make a phone number look small, but he lacks all common sense. Luckily, or unluckily, Betty steps in to save the day.
 photo tumblr_mk45bhAL231rv39bco1_500.gif
I am a HUGE Janet fan. I have LOVED everything I've come across written by her. Seriously, if you haven't given her a try, or it's been awhile, go get one. You'll be in for a good laugh, that you
Chessela Helm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great adventure in Invertary, but you should be warned this is the shortest book of the series. It still tells a great story and the characters are fun, but it isn't as fleshed out as the other books. We get to find out why Magenta is such a grumpy goth and we get to meet Harry, who is a great character. The only off note is that it's hard to understand why Rachel is such a toxic bitch. It seems like she might be jealous, but in a later book we find out she really views Harry as her youn ...more
Dee Sauter
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, just like all of Janet Elizabeth Henderson's previous books, is clever, comical, and just a lot of fun to read.

Magenta is a very capable woman who has a lot of knowledge of caving, but truthfully because she has a reading disability she will put on a good show, but has very low self-esteem.
When she has to rescue Harry Boyle, her childhood friend and the man she is avoiding like he had the plague, from a mine cave in things start to happen, all to the enjoyment of the whole town.

I
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

As always I lol all the way, the Donaldson twins are freaking funny, Betty is a wise ass her bad advises serves its purpose, hope you've a story for Rachel. Think she's interesting too. Magenta and Harry are so cute, their love story is so adorable and geeky through and through. Well done once again!
Leslie
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series, like the authors writing style.
Saly
Genius hero comes back to win the girl who he has been in love with forever. Cute novella!
Amanda
Mar 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-d
The premise is cute, but none of the characters were likeable (not even ones I enjoyed in the previous book). I had to DNF it at about 60% because of how our "hero" never respected anything Magenta told him. Instead he played games with her head.
I presume he eventually "figures out" she has dyslexia, which somehow magically erases all her trauma so she can love him, but all I saw was a manipulative/borderline abusive man taking advantage of a woman still dealing with an abusive mother and the fa
Hollie
May 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The writing was okay, but this rubbed my feminist sensibilities all kinds the wrong way. Harry, the male protagonist, is super-smart. Cool. Love a super-smart dude. But this guy ignored everything the girl he supposedly loved said. You know, for her own good, because he knew better than she did herself what she needed.

Just no.

The guy even goes so far as to physically force her to be near him, with the excuse that he can read her physical cues and knows that she secretly wants to be pressed up
Kylie
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was a lot shorter than the other two, but was still good! The prickly protagonist Magenta was matched with the alpha geek genius. They flipped the role of damsel in distress a few times on the guy, as he was kinda annoying in a lot of ways, but he was good for her so that was fine. They also used fun and main characters from the last two books and I loved the interactions yet again. This town would be a hoot to visit if it really existed. The twins were the main comedy relief in this on ...more
Andrew Palmer
More fun in quirky Invertary

Book 3 of the series puts Megenta, the sarcastic Goth sales clerk introduced in Lingerie Wars with Harry, the billionaire tech geek who was mentioned in previous books, but who now returns back to his hometown to reconnect with the love interest from his teenage days.

Magenta's sarcasm combines well with the inherent comedic quirkiness of the small Scottish town but ultimately, this is a story of Megenta's journey of discovering her self worth, helped by the man who wo
Melindeeloo
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars - I liked it with nits. This was a cute childhood friends reconnecting for HEA romance. I liked the sexy nerd pursuing the goth girl who froze him out when they were teens. Where i had nits: 1st the reconnection was quick and didn't really address the way people grow in the years they were apart. But 2nd - a bigger one- was that there were places where he pushed her, even though she was trying not to let him back into her life and it kept me out of the moment waiting to see whether she'd ...more
Victoria Sturlini
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HEARTWARMING STORY!💙

This was a really heartwarming and touching story! Harry was a wonderful caring man, just the kind of person Magenta needed in her life after years of being put down and believing it. It was a sweet and steamy romance but it also made, in a subtle way, how easy it is to judge others when you don't know the whole story of what they have faced in their lives. There were some really laugh out loud moments in this book .... I especially loved the "rock throwing contest" it was so
Lauri Tribbey
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good boy vs Bad Girl?

Magenta hasn't had it easy. She dropped out of school at the age of 13 and to fight for everything she has. Harry has an IQ off the charts, he move away and went to college when he was 16. Now he's returned to claim what he feels is his, Magenta! Magenta protected the nerdy Harry when they were children, now it's Harry's turn to protect her, or is it. Once again the the has give the reader a hilarious, Fun and romantic comedy.
Jeanie Womack
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
School friends

Harry was a geek; smarter than any of the other kids could even relate to, Magenta had befriended him. She too had always felt that she was on the outside, but when Harry left for college, she had truly been alone.
Now Harry's home and it's not just his brain that's impressive, so is his body. And he's worth lots of money! This humorous story will keep you laughing.
T.
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know, I really liked this story. I felt, at the end, that it was missing something but I don't know what. This book is 125 pages shorter than Book 2, Goody Two Shoes, but Book 2 could have used some paring down some. I do really like both Magenta and Harry and I kinda wanted to see Harry confront Magenta's mother.
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the funniest, laugh out loud books I have ever read and re-read and re-read. It is the third in a series about the inhabitants of a small Scottish town and the hilarious things that happen to the people there. All of the books in the series are fantastic, light-hearted and fun. Well worth the read, especially if you need cheering up. My go-to books if I need a pick-me-up.
Jodie Lauren
Magenta (Maggie) and Henry were friends but all that changed when boy genius went off to uni. When he came back things had changed. He had been away a while but decided to come back for her.. he needs her to know that she is all he thinks about and he wants to know what happened between them?

Some laugh out loud moments but I wasn’t a fan of her

Xx
BJ
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
The H is super smart, and the h rejected him because she is complete opposite. Story continues a series of mad-cap adventures in Scottish village, so I liked the setting, plot and characters. The writing is good and it all flowed very well despite elements of mad-cap silly humour, which I dislike. This is was a good story and I liked the humour.
Amanda Rozell
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a nice short story to learn about Magenta and Harry. I have read through the Benson Security books and then backtracked and started the Invertary series. I’m kinda glad I did it that way because I’m not sure I could have handled Rachel and her attitude, lol. I love how all the women are kick-ass and crazy (in a good way) and the men get cave man alpha.
Hollie Lee
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read

I really liked the characters and the story. It wasn't your usual love story so it was interesting and the characters were likable. The story pulls you right in and I couldn't put it down. I can not wait to read more books by this author.
Ondeane Lourens
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this cute love story. It felt quite close to what would happen in the real world which made it more enjoyable.

I like that the geek is also hot and not just cute and geeky like they are in most stories. I also like how the scary goth is actually quite soft underneath.
Jo Forrester
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun, lighthearted read. I laughed out loud many times. There were some very steamy scenes and a lot of witty banter. I'm not giving it five stars is that it was almost too short and I wished that they would have explored the story line between Magenta and her mom a little more.
Ari Elle
May 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
coercion felt yucky

ugh. the book made my skin crawl. male protagonist is so confident and self righteous he put the female protagonist in a compromising, humiliating predicament. gross. couldn't stand to read after that.
Jane Drager
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute story and an irritating one. I'm afraid I'd clobber Harry if given the chance. Some funny scenes that got me laughing. A happy for now ending. No foul language. Sexual situations. Strong characters and easy read. Well worth reading.
Pelusa Rivera
Loved Magenta in Lingerie Wars, she was kind of annoying here. Harry was cute, and I absolutely hated Rachel. Loved seeing the cast of the previous book, who again make the book.
« previous 1 3 next »
Linda Howard Book...: new novella out now! 7 36 May 02, 2016 12:12AM
Book Promotions: new romantic comedy novella 1 2 Jan 01, 2015 03:14PM

• The Sweetest Kiss (Kissed by the Bay Book 4)
  • Mind Reader
  • Heartache in Heels (Love Ever After #1)
  • From Runway to Love (Love in the City Series Book 3)
  • License to Date (Better Date than Never, #6)
  • Crazy in Love (Matt & Anna, #1)
  • Strike a Match (No Match for Love #5)
  • Summer at Sea (Summer #1)
  • The Wedding Catch (The Wedding Whisperer Book 2)
  • Could Be Something Good (Timber Falls #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • Her Montana Hero (This Old House #1; Montana Born Homecoming #2)
  • Intermediate Thermodynamics (Chemistry Lessons, #2)
  • Love Won (Winning at Love #1)
  • The Trouble with Tabbies (Love & Pets, #2)
  • Dying to Meet You
  • Find Me at Willoughby Close (Willoughby Close, #3)
  • Mutts & Murder (Dog Town USA #1)
I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about ...more

Invertary (7 books)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)
  • Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)
  • Caught (Invertary #7)