Start by marking “Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)” as Want to Read:
Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)

Magenta Mine

(Invertary #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  516 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Harry Boyle’s genius IQ has failed him. The alpha geek stupidly followed relationship advice from Invertary’s resident evil mastermind—eighty-seven year old Betty. That’s how he ended up trapped in an abandoned mine waiting to be rescued by his high school crush. The same crush he still loves. The one he’s come back to town to claim.

Magenta Fraser doesn’t want to be claim
Published December 31st 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Magenta Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magenta Mine

really liked it 4.00  ·

Tamar
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This year, I became a huge Henderson fan when I discovered the first Invertary book, Lingerie Wars. And since then, I think I've read just about everything that Ms. Henderson has available.

Magenta Mine is a novella that takes place right after the 2nd Invertary book, Goody Two Shoes. As I'm eagerly awaiting book 3, Magenta Mine was a nice filler novella to temporarily appease my reading appetite.

Magenta, lingerie shop owner Kirsty's assistant, has an unrequited love from her childhood: Harry.
Jane Stewart
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 stars. I wasn’t laughing like I did in the first book, but it had a humorous feel. I enjoyed it.

Magenta refuses to acknowledge her feelings for Harry. She avoids him. I love how he pursues her and loves her even though she makes it difficult for him. She is not a good student but she is smart and competent in other ways. Harry was genius IQ and early to college. I liked reading about both of them.

Early in the story, Magenta’s mother asked Magenta to help her with her neighbor. That was skippe
LaVerne Clark
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A full-bodied romance in the space of a novella. Ms. Henderson, you hit it out of the ball-park with this one!

I love the best-friends to lovers trope and I especially love it when the romance gives me goose-bumps because it is just THAT good - and for me, Magenta Mine was all that and more. The love scenes were hot and sexy but sensual at the same time. I've always loved Lake since meeting him in Lingerie Wars, but Harry has leapfrogged him to become my favourite of the Invertary men. The combin
Amanda
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute short read

I couldn’t fully give it 5 stars because the read was so short and the story was exceedingly simple without resolution between mother and daughter for behaviors but it was good nonetheless
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝

photo tumblr_mrd52tt0Zi1sf0cfdo1_500.gif
I absolutely LOVED this book. Magenta has been kicked down all her life, but Harry, the geeky alpha plans to stop that. He may have left for uni, but he's back now.
His IQ could make a phone number look small, but he lacks all common sense. Luckily, or unluckily, Betty steps in to save the day.
 photo tumblr_mk45bhAL231rv39bco1_500.gif
I am a HUGE Janet fan. I have LOVED everything I've come across written by her. Seriously, if you haven't given her a try, or it's been awhile, go get one. You'll be in for a good laugh, that you won't
Chessela Helm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great adventure in Invertary, but you should be warned this is the shortest book of the series. It still tells a great story and the characters are fun, but it isn't as fleshed out as the other books. We get to find out why Magenta is such a grumpy goth and we get to meet Harry, who is a great character. The only off note is that it's hard to understand why Rachel is such a toxic bitch. It seems like she might be jealous, but in a later book we find out she really views Harry as her youn ...more
Dee Sauter
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, just like all of Janet Elizabeth Henderson's previous books, is clever, comical, and just a lot of fun to read.

Magenta is a very capable woman who has a lot of knowledge of caving, but truthfully because she has a reading disability she will put on a good show, but has very low self-esteem.
When she has to rescue Harry Boyle, her childhood friend and the man she is avoiding like he had the plague, from a mine cave in things start to happen, all to the enjoyment of the whole town.

I
Saly
Genius hero comes back to win the girl who he has been in love with forever. Cute novella!
Leslie
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series, like the authors writing style.
Kylie
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was a lot shorter than the other two, but was still good! The prickly protagonist Magenta was matched with the alpha geek genius. They flipped the role of damsel in distress a few times on the guy, as he was kinda annoying in a lot of ways, but he was good for her so that was fine. They also used fun and main characters from the last two books and I loved the interactions yet again. This town would be a hoot to visit if it really existed. The twins were the main comedy relief in this on ...more
Lauri Tribbey
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good boy vs Bad Girl?

Magenta hasn't had it easy. She dropped out of school at the age of 13 and to fight for everything she has. Harry has an IQ off the charts, he move away and went to college when he was 16. Now he's returned to claim what he feels is his, Magenta! Magenta protected the nerdy Harry when they were children, now it's Harry's turn to protect her, or is it. Once again the the has give the reader a hilarious, Fun and romantic comedy.
T.
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know, I really liked this story. I felt, at the end, that it was missing something but I don't know what. This book is 125 pages shorter than Book 2, Goody Two Shoes, but Book 2 could have used some paring down some. I do really like both Magenta and Harry and I kinda wanted to see Harry confront Magenta's mother.
Maria Sarah Koutrakos
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

As always I lol all the way, the Donaldson twins are freaking funny, Betty is a wise ass her bad advises serves its purpose, hope you've a story for Rachel. Think she's interesting too. Magenta and Harry are so cute, their love story is so adorable and geeky through and through. Well done once again!
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the funniest, laugh out loud books I have ever read and re-read and re-read. It is the third in a series about the inhabitants of a small Scottish town and the hilarious things that happen to the people there. All of the books in the series are fantastic, light-hearted and fun. Well worth the read, especially if you need cheering up. My go-to books if I need a pick-me-up.
Jennifer Johnson
Another amazing read!
HB
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an okay read to pass time but ultimately, nothing memorable. I thought that the reason for the goth look was quite silly but I guess this book/ this series was supposed to be silly.
Kelley Marie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious and sweet

The next book in the series doesn’t disappoint. A hilarious romance with more serious issues woven into the storyline. Excellent job!
Stace
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Excellent read, well written, great characters. Loving this series....but sadly not nearly as hilarious as "Goody Two Shoes"
April Neal
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully funny

Janet has such a talent that you can't help fall in love with her characters right from the start. Her humor is magic and real. Another great book, on to the next.
Pelusa Rivera
Loved Magenta in Lingerie Wars, she was kind of annoying here. Harry was cute, and I absolutely hated Rachel. Loved seeing the cast of the previous book, who again make the book.
Brenda Sharp
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really touched me. I have a child and my husband are dyslexic and it is heartbreaking to think that some people really think they are stupid and don't understand this disease. It was so heartwarming to read something where the man that loved her showed her the way and that she was no dummy.
Paige  Bookdragon

Not as good compared to the other books in the series but it was still entertaining.
Jaclyn
I discovered this little gem a series on Goodreads and promptly went out and purchased a number of the books in the series. This is what happens when you do online shopping. I regret nothing.

I decided that I'd start with Magenta Mine rather than one of the first two books in the Invertary series since it was a novella and I was pressed for time. This was such a great introduction to a hilarious cast of characters in a small town in Scotland.

Harry Boyle is a genius and has made it big (i.e. riche
Gaele
Harry Boyle and Magenta Fraser grew up in Invertary: he left to pursue an education while Magenta rather lingered in town, doing her best never to fit in and exploring all the old abandoned mines and caves peppering the town. A touch of the goth, with her plain-spoken take no prisoners approach, Magenta is bold, brash and abrasive. Until Harry returns.

Harry left town after high school, fueled by his genius, and is now returning to Invertary. He wants to check in on the friend he never could for
Erica
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love love loved Magenta Mine!!

You know you are gonna love it when you highlight the first sentence of the first chapter!!!

Harry was incredible I loved how committed he was to getting Magenta he knew what he wanted and he wasn’t taking no for an answer. I loved how his big brain didn’t make a difference to his personality he still rolled with the punches and gave as good as he got. His aversion the rats is beyond hilarious!!!

Magenta was a tough nut. I really envied her in her struggl
Dotti Elrick
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magenta Mine is a short story set in the Invertary series. A very cute story.
When millionaire software developer Harry Boyle moves his business back home to the Scottish Highlands, he has more on his mind than family and work. He's come back to claim the only woman he has ever loved. He just has to convince Magenta he's the one for her.
Harry has been Magentas friend since she was five. He was her confidante, her protector, her very best friend. Until he left her to go off to university. Somethi
SaturNalia
3.5 Harry is a math genius, returning to his home town of Invertary after making a fortune in London, to be with his first love, Magenta. Magenta doesn't want anything to do with Harry because she feels stupid, because she dropped out of school, and guilty, for saying some horrible things to him in the past. In order to win her he takes advice from Betty, who traps him in a cave and calls Magenta to rescue him. I liked Harry, he was sweet and persistent. Even though Magenta pushed him away years ...more
Becky
Apr 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short read. Harry and Magenta's story is like a second chance romance, friends to lovers read. Decent storyline, town folks have little appearance in this book (boo). No real LOL moments but some smiles ex. the ratscapde. All the other books are way better but this is a short read, centered more on h & H then all the characters as a whole. The town folk is what makes these stories so darn good!! So far favorite read is Calamity Jena. On to Flynn' s book.
Carol Tietsworth
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cute little story about two people who are in love and have been from little up, although she doesn't want him to know. He is brilliant and she just isn't, she didn't even graduate from high school. Even her mother calls her the stupid one, and she doesn't want him to find out how stupid she is. He also has an assistant that creeps her out and comes and tells her how stupid she is. What's a guy to do?

Very cute.
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-and-fluffy, lol
This is the second book I've read from this series and I'm really liking this town and its fun quirky inhabitants. (though to me they went too far by listening at the cave... I would have felt violated if I were Magenta)

This is considered a Novela at just under 200 pages, but it feels like a full novel. There were a few times where things felt a bit rushed, but it was better than most Novelas I've read where you feel like you didn't get a whole story. 3.5
Linda Howard Book...: new novella out now! 7 36 May 02, 2016 12:12AM
Book Promotions: new romantic comedy novella 1 2 Jan 01, 2015 03:14PM

• The Bone Bearer (Telesa #3)
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)
  • Moon Dust (Two Moons of Sera)
  • Awakening
  • Indian Maidens Bust Loose
  • Playing For Fun (Stewart Island, #6)
  • Stone Hard SEALs (Stone Hard SEALs #1-2)
  • Santa Wore Leathers (Wild Heat, #0.5)
  • A Gorgeous Mess (The Bent Zealots MC, #2)
  • Cards & Caravans (Gaslight Chronicles, #5)
  • Summer at the Little Wedding Shop (The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, #3)
  • Her Insatiable Scot (Under the Kilt, #2)
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • A Taste of Heaven
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • All Over the Place (Near & Far)
  • Three Steps to Heaven (The Raiders, #1)
  • The Secret Life of Luke Livingstone

I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about

Invertary (7 books)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)
  • Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)
  • Caught (Invertary #7)