Start by marking “I Blame the Hormones: A Raw and Honest Account of One Woman's Fight Against Depression (HarperTrue Life - A Short Read)” as Want to Read:

I Blame the Hormones follows the story of one woman battling long-term depression, her determination to root out the cause, and her ultimate discovery which freed her from its prison.

Caroline Church suffered from a depression so chronic she experienced hallucinations, delusions and even suicidal inclinations. Yet through exploring the correlation between her depressive epi

Published December 5th 2014 by HarperTrue

To ask other readers questions about I Blame the Hormones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Blame the Hormones

Jo
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a short, but a rather interesting read. This is about a woman, telling her own personal astonishing, yet inspirational account, of living with PMDD, her battle to get a diagnosis and the great lengths she had to go to to find peace.
As of recently, I have been diagnosed with PMDD. Due to no fault other than my own, it has gone unnoticed for years, due to myself thinking that it was just part of my cycle, and partly because some doctors either don't believe in the condition, or know enoug
Rosamund
Horrible writing, pretty much unreadable. I would have given it two stars for at least shedding much-needed light onto the relationship between hormones and mental illness, and for hinting at possible cures/treatments, but unfortunately these moments were in frustratingly short supply. So there were no merits, really.
Victoria Claire Tayor
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaker

Honestly this brought me to tears, we have all suffered time of the month, but what this lady went through for most of her adult life.
I found myself shouting at the page's as she seemed failed for a long time by the doctors over seeing her care.
A truly heart wrenching story
Jessica
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank You!

I have been struggling with hormonal imbalance and every Dr i have been to has either not heard of PMDD, or does not work with it. Thank you for writing this book - it gives me hope for a remedy and made me feel that I am not alone.
Mrs B A Podmore
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Raw Honest account

I could not put this down it had a very easy to read flow could connect with the story. Very frank about the effects of hormones and depression well worth a read.
Carol Mcleod
Apr 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Hugely Disappointed with this short read.
I would have thought that the author was going to actually tell us and explain what helped her to feel healthier & better once she discovered what was the matter & that it was her hormones and some wonderful dietary products, medicine or supplements & vitamins would help.
No, not much information disclosed.
Sadly this writer should have got a better editor or critic for her style of writing, she seemed to just babble on & on a lot about her
Sandi Henderson
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
For someone new to a PMDD diagnosis at the time of reading this book, it gave me hope and validated me. It was the first thing I read that made sense. It was almost like I was reading parts of my own life. This book made me feel normal in a not so normal world. I would definitely recommend to any PMDDer.
paula kemp
May 20, 2018
Donna
Jan 15, 2016
Davy Farbs
rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2019