Start by marking “Winning Bracket” as Want to Read:
Winning Bracket

Winning Bracket

(Campus Cravings)

Originally published as part of the Campus Cravings bundle, Winning Bracket is now available on its own with a BRAND NEW bonus epilogue/short story!

A sexy bet on a basketball tournament challenges nerdalicious Edwin and party-boy Ollie to change their relationship status from frenemies to lovers.

Oliver Marshall has been a sexy pain in Edwin Schultz’s side since freshman
Published January 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Winning Bracket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning Bracket

Start your review of Winning Bracket
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

What a great find this one was....

Due to my page # phobias I could't bring myself to pick up the anthology this was featured in. So it was just my lucky day that it was expanded and released as a standalone.

LOVED Edwin and Ollie. Loved the whole love/hate thing they had going on. Loved Ollie's idea to make a bet on the basketball championship bracket.

Loved that said bracket led to Ollie and Edwin finally admitting their feelings for each other.

Loved how adorable Ollie and Edwin both
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

“Winning Bracket” is sweet and fluffy frenemies to lovers story that for sure it will put a big smile on your face. The story is about two college guys, Oliver ‘Ollie’ and Edwin, both RA in the same dorm. They know each other for several years and they want each other since the moment they met. But they also drive each other crazy. Ollie is the guy who is loved by everyone in the dorm while Edwin is shy and not as social as Ollie.

When Ollie proposes a bet on a basketball tournament, Edwin
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

How do I sum up this book?

It's a big pile of...

Sprinkled with some...

description

Which gave me the cheesy grins and happy tingles while reading.

We have two RA best friends who are complete opposites, in their final year at college. Edwin, the straight laced rule follower. He likes order and structure. And Ollie, the laid back and carefree guy. He's fun loving and all about having a good time.

Both have been secretly harboring feelings for each other since their freshman year, but too afraid
* A Reader Obsessed *
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love, lgbt, new-adult
Uh this was like the best case scenario as to how a seemingly harmless bet to win a kiss turns into some serious sexy explorations.

Ollie and Edwin have been suppressing their feelings for the other for years, and it's just their luck that said bet sets things off to quite a nice start. Can I just say the hot factor in this was well.... HOT!

So sweet with just the right amount of angsty longing and doubt butlight enough without too much melodrama. These boys really set the sheets on fire with
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars
Meags
4 Stars

I’m such a sucker for a good M/M college romance – pair that with two hugely likeable characters, some delicious friends-to-lovers feels and plenty of fever inducing geek-on-geek action, and you have yourselves an epically adorable story.

I first read the original short story within the Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set, many moons ago, back when I was a newbie to the whole M/M book discovery. I’ve come back for several more re-reads and I can happily say that this one holds
Keira Andrews
This college romance was charming and sexy. Oliver and Edwin's progression from frenemies to lovers is just so lovely. It's always nice to see diversity in M/M romance, so I loved that Oliver was Asian. He and Edwin have terrific chemistry. The added epilogue set in the future was a welcome treat that made this story even sweeter. Edwin was a sexy virgin, and the sex with Ollie was tender and hot. A wonderful story!
Caipi
Cute college romance

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Originally read & reviewed as part of the Campus Cravings anthology.

~4.25 stars~

This is a lovely, funny, and charming story about two RAs who are "frenemies." Ollie is the fun, easygoing one, a party boy, known for his kissing skills and social enthusiasm. Edwin is his co-RA in a gay alliance dorm. Edwin is everything Ollie is not: anxious, uptight, (overly) analytical, and a huge rule follower. He is the down to Ollie's boisterous up.

The guys get along, even though they irritate the hell
Renée
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
3.5 stars. This was just plain sweet and pleasant to read. Very light angst, college-age, and a delight to follow Ollie and Eddie. I really like Albert's writing style. Didn't give me a toothache, and I was hooked til the end. We even get a bonus story. Very nice.
Pixie
The fluffiest of fluff. Made me smile...plus there was a bonus epilogue.
Leslie
3.5 Stars. Rounding up for cuteness. May write small review later.
Maygirl7
This was cute and I really enjoyed most of it. But IMO the story should have stopped sooner (view spoiler). After a certain point it was too sugary for me and took what was sweet to syrupy. I like my sugar dose with a bit of bitterness as a contrast to the sweetness. Overall though quite enjoyable.

As of 2/1/16 $1.99 at AllRomanceEbooks
Jilrene
Adorable. Lots of fluffy warm fuzzies. ;)
~nikki the recovering book addict
Sweet!

Sweet, sweet, super adorbs sweet story!! I love how different Ollie and Edwin are yet they're so perfect for each other. The bonus short at the end was much appreciated! Loved it!!
Didi

I don't know whether I was (slowly) getting to the idea of CRAVINGS on the Campus Cravings series or Annabeth Albert basically can do no wrong for me. Because this book? It's so good. Or - just like Ollie loved to say: awesomesauce!!! ;D

Oliver and Edwin was best-friends without realizing it, each a north to the others' south. They met and be dorm neighbours freshmen years, then grew be co-RAs their senior years. Their moms even got close and swapped notes on their sons. Practically
Wandering Reader
Read as part of Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set collection, Winning Bracket by Annabeth Albert was initially very clichéd and predictable (opposites attract, nerd/creative, both loved each other from afar, intimacy bet, miscommunication, etc.)

As I read on it was like walking forward in a narrow hall with unadorned walls, floors and ceiling, but as I walked further the hall widened and opened to show more of a fully furnished room, kind of like Oliver's wildly decorated room in the
Sadonna
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable! Opposites attract + a sort of frenemies to lovers in the last year of college, Ollie and Edwin dance around each other after a drunken kiss the summer before. Everything is couched in a bet, and neither seems to be able to admit to what is happening between them. They are both worried that they are going to screw everything up and lose each other even as snarky friends. The story is told in alternating POVs so we get to know what each guy is feeling and thinking and how they are ...more
Rachel
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Absolutely adorable, one I'll read again for sure.
D.J. Jamison
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable love story

Ollie and Edwin make an adorable couple, and the bonus epilogue is a great addition! I have a soft spot for nerdy protags and Edwin fully delivers! Very cute story.
Tammy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5*

Very cute,enjoyable read. I liked how these guys came up with the wager to get close to one another. Just shows that some communication will go a long way! They are very opposite in their behavior to. One likes to party(Ollie) and the other is all about rules(Edwin). It also was fun to read about both sets of parents as they are very accepting of their kids and have wanted them together since their Freshman year.
Love the bonus at the end!
Otterpuss
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Massively likeable characters, college boys, friends to lovers, an adorable geek and hot sex.

It's sweet and cute but it got too saccharine for me towards the end and I lost interest a bit. I think it probably should have finished a chapter earlier.

I'm fairly certain I'm in the minority when I say I could have done without the epilogue. It didn't add anything for me.
Liz (Bugetta)
I read this in the Campus Cravings Anthology and loved it and when it was published as a stand alone story with an additional short story I had to know what happened next for my favorite RAs. The original story was just as good the second time around and the additional story about Edwin and Ollie planning their wedding was super cute and funny and so perfect for their HEA.
Lucy
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of friends to lovers, this one is a hit, as sort of frenemies to lovers. They like each other, aggravate each other and are total opposites from each other. But when a bet is made with a kiss as the prize, things change. So cute!

Edit: When I realize I re-read this every few months when I need some happy, I had to bump it up to five stars.
liz
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
Fun characters. Sweet story. The short extra story actually felt like too much. I don't always need an epilogue or the "what happens next". I know a lot of readers do though, so it's a nice way to round it out for those people. Definitely recommend for light and sweet reading.
Therese
*3.5*

Very sweet and angst-free. Maybe I missed the tension between jock/nerd in this case, for some reason I find those book hotter than nerd/nerd, hehe (although there was nothing wrong with the steam in this one!).
But Ollie and Eddie are definitely worth a read, and I enjoyed it a lot.
~Kristin~
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Zane Kage
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5
Ollie and Eddie are just too sweet! Another really good story from Annabeth Albert; she's auto-read for me at this point!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Out in the Offense (Out in College, #3)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Dedicated (Rhythm of Love, #1)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Out in the End Zone (Out in College, #2)
  • The Date (Love in O'Leary #.5)
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It (Valentine's Inc. #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Out in the Deep (Out in College, #1)
  • 3 Dates
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Out in the Field (Out in College, #4)
  • Stuck with You
  • Traded Out
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Campus Cravings (9 books)
  • The Eloquent Jock
  • Lesson Learned: Campus Cravings
  • Switching Leads (Campus Cravings)
  • Artistic Endeavor
  • Private Lessons (Campus Cravings)
  • Did Somebody Order a Pizza?
  • Solid Education (Higher Learning Book 1)
  • The Dust of Everyday Life