Start by marking “A Silent Voice, Volume 3 (A Silent Voice, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Silent Voice, Volume 3 (A Silent Voice, #3)

A Silent Voice, Volume 3

(A Silent Voice #3)

ARE YOU AFRAID OF HER?

Shoya’s decided to do everything he can to make up for how terribly he treated Shoko, his former classmate who can’t hear. But more than the challenge of learning to communicate, it means facing a past he thought he’d left behind forever. Now a reunion with old friends will transform Shoya, and his relationship with Shoko.
Published September 29th 2015 by Kodansha Comics (first published March 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Silent Voice, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Silent Voice, Volume 3

David Schaafsma
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, gn-women
Bullying remains a central theme. Another bully, Ueno--a girl who liked Shoya but also bullied Shoko--isn't ready to make the same heroic gains Shoya is. . . yet. Shoya's heavy friend gets bullied, too. Romance looms, though it is not clear why Shoko would really like Shoya. Okay, he grew up, he learned sign for her, he apologizes, he's being nice to her, but we don't really see the thought processes of why they would really like each other. . . okay, it's now a romance, with moral coming of age ...more
Fatima Ahmed
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is the first time I ever felt these feelings whilst reading this volume.. *broken heart*
Matthew
Remember how I mentioned that the past never leaves us? Yea well for this particular volume the past has become a sharp knife and its stabbing Shoya constantly throughout this manga.

Shoya is trying his best as usual to help Shoko in any way possible to become a better friend but fix the damage he caused from their childhood. Shoya is afraid to communicate properly to Shoko and at times it becomes frustrating yet understandable why he puts up a wall and leads to major problems in miscommunication
Jerry
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Occasional crude moments aside, this was yet another touching volume of this manga series.
Anna Banana
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is seriously so good and so cute! :D
Kät
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THE INNER DIALOGE AND INNER CONFLICT THAT ISHIDA GOES THROUGH SO MUCH. It seems so real and reflective, not as superficial as some other Bad-Guy-to-Good-Guy-transformation.
Neil R. Coulter
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps being good. Years from now, I'll want to remember that this is the volume that includes the visit to the Meow-Meow Club.

I love how different characters are brought into the story in a very natural way. When I read the first book, I had no idea that seemingly minor characters would come back into Shoya's story later on. It wasn't a book that felt (to me, at least) like it was setting up a bunch of little details that were destined to be brought together in some ingenious wa
Olivia | Liv's Library
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I just love this so much. That is all.
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

This is a review of volumes 1-3 which I read together back to back. See the plot section for my thoughts on the individual volumes.

The Premise

How does a bully become a bully? In A Silent Voice vol 1 we meet Shoya. He didn't start out as a bully. He was a bored kid who spent his time egging his friends on so life would feel more exciting. When Shoko, a deaf girl transfers to their class he finds her quite weird. He examines her like a bug or an a
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75/5 stars

A satisfying volume, but not as good as volume 2. Especially because of Naoko, that girl is a nuisance.
But what is up with that ending?? Shoko, you're a dumb dumb boy. I love Nishimiya's sister's character growth through this book.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG

Kate
3.75/5stars

that ending~! so excited to continue uwu
Aleksandra
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great volume!
I love the pacing, the illustrations and the complexity of the characters.
It’s touching story, I feel a lot and I think about all kinds of things while reading this story.
Can’t wait to read the next volume.
Nanjiba Noor
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is so cute! 😍
Lindsey
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Between Shoko and Naoka, I think Dumbledore said it best:
Image result for dumbledore young love quote
Luke Reynolds
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer-2019, manga
Actual rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

It's been two years since I've read this manga, and it is just as heartbreaking and painful as I remember it. Unfortunately, Naoka makes my blood boil, which is why I didn't like the rest of the content of this volume as much as the first few chapters with Miyoko.

At this point, I'm much more interested in watching the movie for this than continuing the manga series, even though this has been strong and the movie apparently cuts some of the emotional subtleties ou
Štěpán Tichý
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crying inside because this story has all dem feels.
Naailah
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rereading volumes 1-4 and finishing the rest of this series in anticipation for the animated film adaptation coming out in September. I'm so excited!!

(view spoiler)
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finally managed to get hold of the whole series so I've read no 1 and 2 again to recap. I enjoyed the first one alot more this time round, I think that having the context of book 2 helped me see the actions in 1 as less comedic.

Anyway, book 3. Again, the artwork is really nice and it's easy to understand what is going on by the characters facial expressions.

Sometimes with manga I have a problem seeing them as real people, their actions just seem nonsense. But, not in this case, I really can se
Churin
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not saying this graphic novel/manga is perfect or super amazing. It was not. But somehow I still continue reading it.
And I'm usually stop reading romance/friendship manga at this point (when the other "friends" came, had their own monologue shaddashadda). I don't know why but I absolutely despise slow paced, full of drama romance manga like Ao Haru Ride, Orange, Toradora etc. But in this manga, the pace somehow suitable and matched perfectly with the way the personalization brings out the wh
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Aww, Sahara is such a cutie pie!! Also, I really don't like Ueno. Hope she'll come around eventually. I've also seen some major changes in Shouko, can't wait to read more!

Lavonia Reid
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga, shojo
Yup. She loves the moon.
Aja: The Narcoleptic Ninja
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one slowed down for me a little bit. It was a lot of Shoyo trying to force other people on Shoka too and her just kind of nodding along and accepting it.

But oh my god that cliff hanger!
Jenny Clark
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This remains a good series with solid art. Shoya is growing some, so thats good to see. In this volume, we start to re conect with a few more elementary school people. Miki we find out went to the same middle and high school as Shoya. We also meet back up with Miyoko, the one girl who was willing to learn sign language with Shoko and who was bullied out of school, as well as Naoka, who was another big bully to Shoko.
Shoya still sees big X over both thier faces, so it will be interesting to see i
Kenji
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally! A book about humans! No villains. It's actually radical to think of the world like this: no villains, hence no good guys (including you/me). A beautiful, simply human story. href="https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... is on how to make friends, meaning it is a political act to do so: more significant than voting. On how violence is human, and actually a great chance to see people's (the "rapist", and "victim") humanity. It is humans, and while doing it, still humans.
Taylor Ramirez
Amber
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeping it short. Is this series trying to kill me??? That last chapter! This one actual got me teary eyed. Again every volume just gets better. I can't believe I didn't know about A Silent Voice sooner.
Saphirablue
Gina
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, manga
Character development is fantastic in this one and I really love the artwork.
Kol Veasna
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Aye...... Lige......Yew....!" Really girl ? I know you can do better than that, nishimiya. :D
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• ゆかりズム 2 (Yukarism, #2)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 2
  • Twin Star Exorcists: Onmyoji, Vol. 1
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Vol. 2
  • 僕だけがいない街 2 [Boku dake ga Inai Machi 2]
  • Barakamon, Vol. 3
  • One week friends: 1
  • ホリミヤ 4 (Horimiya #4)
  • Orange 3 (オレンジ, #3)
  • となりの怪物くん 3 [Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 3]
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 9
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 4 (Mixed Vegetables, #4)
  • ひるなかの流星 6 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 6]
  • よつばと! 13 (Yotsuba&! #13)
OOIMA Yoshitoki: 大今良時
Associated Names: Yoshitoki Ohima

Even though her one-shot Koe no Katachi won critical acclaim, it took a longsome law suit to get a magazine to publish it because of its socio-critical theme. Eventually, it was featured in the February edition of Bessatsu Shounen Magazin, where it placed first, and later in the 12th edition of the 2013 Weekly Shounen Magazine.

She has also coll

A Silent Voice (7 books)
  • A Silent Voice, Volume 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • 聲の形 4 [Koe no Katachi 4] (A Silent Voice, #4)
  • 聲の形 5 [Koe no Katachi 5] (A Silent Voice, #5)
  • 聲の形 6 [Koe no Katachi 6] (A Silent Voice, #6)
  • 聲の形 7 [Koe no Katachi 7] (A Silent Voice, #7)