Start by marking “A Silent Voice, Vol. 2 (A Silent Voice, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Silent Voice, Vol. 2 (A Silent Voice, #2)

A Silent Voice, Vol. 2

(A Silent Voice #2)

SPEAKING WITH ACTIONS

It’s been five years since Shoya Ishida bullied Shoko Nishimiya so badly she left their elementary school, because of one simple difference between them: Shoya can hear, and Shoko can’t. In the intervening time, Shoya’s life has changed completely. Shunned by his friends, Shoya’s longed for the chance to make up for his cruelty. When it finally comes,
Published July 28th 2015 by Kodansha Comics (first published January 17th 2014)

Start your review of A Silent Voice, Vol. 2 (A Silent Voice, #2)
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Oh, Shoya. What is it with redeeming assholes that appeal to me, I don't know. But awww, the cuteness.

No matter how repetitive I thought it was, how unrealistic some parts appear, how unbelievably forgiving Shoko is, I'm in love with the message of this series.
Emma
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't explain how much I love this manga. It's everything that I love. I just want to binge read the rest of the volumes asap!!
Matthew
The main message that surrounds this series and in particular this volume is miscommunication . It works brilliantly for this manga series because Shoko is deaf and there are moments where Shoya shows his vulnerable side and she did not understand what he was saying and when asked to reiterate what he said Shoya either avoids the topic or changes them. The scars of the past are still visible and for Shoya his guilt is a burden that constrain him.

In this volume we finally get Shoya communicati
Kate
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5stars
✶Rachelle✶
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

I'm so happy I found this series
Julia Sapphire
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, series, 2018, own, romance
Lauren
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Happier with Shoya’s actions and behaviour in this one and dare I say that I’m looking forward to picking up volume 3...

FULL RTC
Neil R. Coulter
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. After reading the first volume, I enjoyed the story but couldn't quite see how it needed six more books to finish. It seemed like everything was set to wrap up in one or two more books. Now that I've read the second book, I see: this is an author who knows how to create great characters and continually expand and deepen the scope of the narrative. The story has now become a powerful portrayal of guilt and forgiveness. It's really amazing.

The second book picks up where the first left off, an
David Schaafsma
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-women, gn-disab, manga
The second volume about a deaf girl, Shoya, who had been bullied for her deafness in elementary school. Somewhat predictably, the bully, Shoku, five years later wants to apologize. And learns some sign language. Other complicating dimensions are mother and sister interactions. This is a strong and relatively recent manga series, worth checking out.
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

This was such a huge improvement from Volume 1. I absolutely adored it! Two new characters are added and I really enjoyed them both - they are so different, yet everything flows very nicely.

This book had so many sweet and heartfelt moments. Starting from page 10. I was grinning and "awing" and smiling the whole time.

I cannot wait to see what Volume 3 brings. Nopefully, not heartache.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG

Tina
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly it’s so different from the movie it’s triggering. Like the movie was a masterpiece, and yet it cut out soooo much from the manga. Idk how Kyoto animations does it but it’s beautiful. Also Shoko’s mom is rlyyy over protective which makes sense. Like she literally had to watch her child suffer for years and couldn’t rly do anything about it (though she could’ve), but idk it just feels weird.
Jerry
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A good story marred by excessive profanity and bathtub scenes.
Arlene
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-finds, manga
Okay, the story is starting to turn into something. I think I might like this a-hole/bully turned good guy thing.
Rachel
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't love this as much as the first volume, in part because I was hoping for some inklings of a budding friends-to-romance story with Shoya and Shoko, and it focused mostly on Shoko's younger sister and her quest to protect Shoko from bullying. Plugging along to number three and hoping for more of the heart that shone in the first volume.
KalynAbridged
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series I think talks about a lot of good relevant topics, bullying, the cancel culture, and being able to forgive those who have wronged you. I really love this manga and I can’t wait to read more!
linda (flourishreader)
the whole story is just so cute ( •⌄• ू )✧; I am happy that Shoya recognizes that he has done something wrong. He wants forgiveness and cleared thoughts. Shoko is so brave, facing her terrible and sad past. She is not crying. She is not running away. She is not hiding.

Shoya's new friend is such a docile character and Yuzuru is trying her best to help Shoko through her past. The only annoying person here is Mrs. Nishimiya. I mean, I can understand that she is angry. (╬ಠ益ಠ)
She is doing so much fo
Justine
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second installment was fantastic. The first one made me sick to my stomach. As a person being mocked and picked at all the time for being fat, for having panic attacks, etc. I couldn't understand the main character, who is a bully. It was pure evil and meanness.
Although it did feel like the guy only wanted to get forgiven at first, it soon became a lot more than this. And what's truly amazing, what truly gave me goosebumps, was the kindness of the girl through it all. I identify with her a
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Arghh, I love this story to bits!! And I definitely like Shouya's path to redemption! I'm still waiting for Shouko to show more of her real self, not just half-smiles and fake expressions.

Luke Reynolds
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, summer-2017
Ooh, I think I've found a new favorite manga series! Reading this has been so heartrending and gripping. Shoya's decision to reverse his suicide and get to know Shoko better to repent for his past sins is incredibly interesting. He's a very self-aware protagonist who realizes how he judges other people, and even with one questionable line that felt like fat-shaming, I'm really enjoying his redemption.

Shoko is a very forgiving sweetheart. Some may find it unrealistic, but I aspire to be like that
Flor
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, bg-challenge
I love it even more than the movie (and that’s saying something)
Maryam
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No words to explain my love for this manga, the second volume is even better than the first on.
"I think friendship is something deeper than the words and logic" this explains friendship in the best possible way, It contains just enough messages for people going through different phases of their school life. Must give it a try.
Lör K.
Trigger warnings for this volume: implied suicidal thoughts, mentioned suicidal thoughts

Another absolutely beautiful volume of this manga. Within this volume, we see Ishida trying to atone for his sins and really working hard at it. We're shown more about both Nishimiya and Ishida, making their characters much deeper. We get to see Ishida getting past his barriers and we see Nishimiya beginning to develop more as a character.

Again, I am so utterly happy to have the pure honour of reading this ma
Vaiomo ♡
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
I just want to hug her so muchhhh xD
Selena
So after hearing the buzz around the movie that got Oscar snubbed, I decided to give the second volume a shot. The first one was a hard read for me, with the bullying and all that. This volume was easier, and I can see why we needed all that bullying to set up for this and later volumes.

A Silent Voice seems to ultimately be about changing and growing as people. Shoya regrets his past actions so much that he actually plans to commit suicide after he apologizes to the girl whose life he ruined in
Taylor Ramirez
Kät
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, read this in one sitting. This series is so easy to fly through. I have to say I enjoyed the second volume quite a bit more than the first one, which definitely felt more like a build-up to the following ones and now the story seems officially started. I love the content and intention of this series and I'm excited to see where things go. Jumping into the next volume right away.
Ellen
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This one didn't make me cry like the first volume, but I'm still liking it a lot.
Aleksandra
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I love this manga? I love this manga!

I love these kids, this story and the beautiful illustrations.

I admire Yoshitoki Oima.
Salam Almahi
It got better yo

• your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)
  • 君の名は (漫画) p.2
  • Orange 3 (オレンジ, #3)
  • your name., Vol. 3 (your name., #3)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2
  • The Gods Lie
  • 四月は君の嘘 1 (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, #1)
  • Orange 1 (オレンジ, #1)
  • I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
  • Orange 5 (オレンジ, #5)
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Orange 2 (オレンジ, #2)
  • Orange 4 (オレンジ, #4)
  • Orange: Future (Orange, #6)
  • アオハライド 3 (Ao Haru Ride, #3)
  • アオハライド 1 (Ao Haru Ride, #1)
  • 四月は君の嘘 5 (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, #5)