Start by marking “Because of Me” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Because of Me

Maria E. Monteiro

Because of Me

Six years ago Austin broke Jade’s heart. On that day he went from being her best friend to the person she hates the most.

Now six years later Jade’s life has been turned upside down, the family she once knew no longer exists. Her father’s infidelity has made it hard for her to trust anyone.

That is until she reconnects with the one person she’s despised the most.

Will
ebook
Published December 30th 2015 by Rebel Road Publishing (first published September 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Because of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because of Me

Start your review of Because of Me
Maggy Lander
I chose this book yes because of the cover, and I'm so HAPPY I did. This book I swear could have been my life. I went through the same thing Jade goes through in this book with having to say goodbye to my boyfriend when he left to college. The more I read the more my personal memories came back.

I loved the relationship between Jade and Austin. I love how the author showed you how it changed. It didn't go from "Hello...I Love you right away." It blossomed at just the right speed. I also loved
Danielle Sibarium
Maria scored a touchdown with Because of You. She really nailed Jade’s voice and what’s important to a teenage girl. The characters were real, each with their own set of issues. I love how supportive Austin was in helping Jade deal with her family issues, while he had some of his own to muscle through. Maria did a great job of growing their relationship from a friendship gone bad to love. With the circumstances of Austin and Jade’s past, with the collapse of Jade’s family life, it was not only ...more
Amy
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, 2014
Because of You follows the story of Jade as she copes with her parents divorce and dealing with them moving on. As if her family life isn't complicated enough, her ex friend Austin enters the picture and trys everything to be a part of her life again................

I really loved Jade and Austin's relationship. I loved that Austin worked hard to repair their lost friendship and then it eventually led to more.

Even though this book was YA, it did deal with some tough issues such as: reality of
Aleigh
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thought this was going to lean more towards New Adult but it is definitely squarely in the Young Adult category. The very YA category. All of the characters except Austin were silly and immature. And Jade's family? Bag of dicks, the lot of them. This story just wasn't for me plus the editing was really awful.
Tatiana
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Неплохой и милый роман. Не скажу что что-то ЭТАКОЕ, просто приятная вещь, чтобы скоротать пару часиков на работе!
Carrie Webber
I loved this author's two other books so when I saw she had a new one out I had to get it. First let me start by saying I LOVE the cover. Once again I loved Maria's new book. It was a light YA read. Perfect for what I was in the mood for. My sister went through the exact same thing Jade and Austin went through with her boyfriend in high school so I knew exactly how Jade felt.

Having to say goodbye to the boy you're in love with is so hard. Especially if the boy is anything like Austin. He is def
Gia
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
I liked it even if it was a bit predictable. Haha. After the last series I read, I needed something light and easy. :)
Cynthea
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this. Watching Jades relationship change and the ones around her as well.
Maria's style of writing makes me anxious to read more by her!
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I just feel that the reason why Jade hated Austin was a little immature. It was something that everyone else would probably not have thought twice about. I did like Austin. He brought out the good in Jade throughout the book. I would recommend this book to anyone who ask.
Nikolina
Jan 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God. I have no words.

I picked this one because I thought it had potential, plus cute cover. But boy I was wrong.
Too much teen drama. Waaaaay too much drama.

Jade is...God, no, I have no words.

For me, this one didn't work, but hey, maybe someone will like this one.
Gemma Weir
Averagely average sorry but didn't really do anything for me spent the entire book waiting for something interesting to happen and it just didn't.
Ella Perkins
I loved this book! Austin and Jade's love was so strong it was sweet.
Sheri Sokol
Apr 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BAD EDITING

every page had a spelling or grammatical error and it bothered me so bad it made me hate this book
Melissa
2.5 stars... I will admit... Once again I bought a book because I liked the cover... It was a good storyline, but this book needs some serious editing...
I loved it!
Diana Paperno
I'd give it a 3/4. Such a sweet teen book. It's relatable to young love. I liked it even tho was predictable.
Denise
April
May 08, 2015
Tanya Parmanand
Dec 28, 2014

• Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Ashes (Ignite, #3)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • Jax (Warrior Lover, #1)
  • Crome (Warrior Lover, #2)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
Maria E Monteiro was born in Chile, but grew up in Sleepy Hollow NY. She has been writing since she was a little girl. Her love for reading and writing led her to obtain a BA in English and a Masters in Literacy. Maria loves to write about the small moments that become huge when falling in love. Hold on Tight is Maria E. Monteiro's debut YA novel. Her love of writing accompanies her love for ...more