Start by marking “The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials: The Collector's Edition (Maze Runner, #1-2)” as Want to Read:

The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials: The Collector's Edition

(The Maze Runner #1-2)

Get lost in the thrilling action and twisting plotlines of James Dashner’s #1 New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series. Read the first two books—The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials—discover lost files from the offices of WICKED, and learn forgotten Glader memories in this collectible edition.

The Maze Runner is now a major motion picture from Twentieth Century Fox.
Published April 14th 2015 by Delacorte Press

Nicole Hewitt
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Since I am reviewing each of these books separately (you can find them HERE, I thought I'd include my 12-year-old son's review of the Collector's Edition here on Goodreads:

The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials Collector’s Edition is an excellent book! (Or is it books? It’s a combo, so probably just book.)

Written by James Dashner, this book is a very nice way of packaging the two books together, while also adding the bonus of “Confidential files, recovered correspondence, and suppressed memories
Brenda A
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-con-2015
I would have been incredibly frustrated with this had The Maze Runner Files not been included, because OH MY GOD the lack of answers is driving me bananas. Thankfully, that little gem included in the book (between the two separate novels, which makes no sense) revealed some pretty big spoilers, so I was able to glean a tiny bit more information than I would have if I had just read the books separately. So thank you, Comic Con, for providing this! I was significantly less rage-y as a result.

Hones
Amanda
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I only read the maze runner so far so i haven't technically finished the book yet. I'll add a second review to this one when i finish the scorch trials. The most common puzzle presented to humans since the dawn of time; a maze. So complex and confusing, and yet, solvable, or are they? Every maze has an exit, except the one Thomas seems to have found himself in after he arrives in the glade from the box. Every boy in the glade arrived the same way Thomas did, in a dark and trembling elevator that ...more
jessica ☾
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this! Getting to see all the extra little bits and bobs was super fun, and really succeeded in fleshing our the series- I had so much fun I think I may have to revisit the original trilogy again!
Zosia
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
'The Scorch Trials' by James Dashner is the second part of 'The Maze Runner series'. I really enjoyed the first book so I wanted to continue reading and read the whole series. The second part didn't dissapoint me and I enjoyed reading it as well as the first book. That one is taking place on the scorch and characters have to find the save heaven. The book is full of new, interesting plots. There are also new characters who are very intriguing, ambiguous and kind of misterious. There are very man ...more
Gillian
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
The Maze Running is an interesting concept. Even leading into The Scorch Trails, the story is engaging and curious. The actual writing itself is mediocre at best. Little diversity within each character, each character is only important when they're present in the story -- basically dead to the story when they're not on stage. The plot itself is very basic and linear, leading you always to the next step and the following after that. It gives little clues as to what is going on within the story, b ...more
Siobhan
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
If I am to be completely honest, The Maze Runner Trilogy is one of my least favourite young adult trilogies out there. I wanted to enjoy it so much, and yet when it comes down to it I enjoyed the film more than the book. Now doesn’t that suck? It’s one of the worst things in the world. It rarely happens, but every so often something will pop up with a great premise only for you to be let down.

I cannot say what my exact problem was as there were quite a few things. I disliked the main character,
Steph Amador Tribbett
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very slow start but once the craziness started happening it didn't seem to stop. Don't want to get into to many details but I really enjoyed this. Maze Runner took me awhile to finish but ended with so much action that I was able to catapult into Scorch Trials and fly through that one. I will be continuing the series as soon as I have access to the rest of the books (supplemental extras included).
Ziyad Bakkali
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favourite books because I could understand everything the author was talking about. When I read this, i was thoroughly appalled. It Is perhaps for kids twelve and up. Yes, lightning strikes do occur, but the person lives afterward. Thomas gets shot, battered and beaten, as do the Gladers. As for the sexual content, nothing that's not in a pg-13 movie. Overall, this is one of the best book series I've read, and you should,too.
Kate
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Adore the Maze Runner series and i had to get this edition as its gorgeous! It includes the first and second books (Maze Runner & Scorch Trails) as well as Maze Runner Files, which was interesting to read. I loved this, dont have anything bad to say, as i freaking love this series, the characters, the story and the world. Thank you James Dashner. I gave this book 5 stars.
Alex
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hmm, I would get it for collection purposes, but I assume when the 2nd part of Death Cure comes to theaters, there will be a 3-book bundle? I loved the series, and felt incredibly saddened by the prequel. One day, I hope to have the 5 book bundle, hehheh. I'll rate this 5 stars since I've read these two already.
Taianna O
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really interesting, I especially liked the random surprises that came up at a sudden part, My favourite character was the girl they found in the scorch her name was Brenda, I liked her because she was brave and I have really gotten to know her character personally by the end of the book. I recommend this book for anyone who likes to read books about horror or violence
Mac
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
October 30th 2014
Lorna
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed book 1. I’m not a fan of the “files” concept. Would so much sooner things were revealed by good writing rather than told straight out on a separate addition. The second book got just a bit carried away and ended at a place where I just have to read book 3. Here we go again. Hoping it has more to it than aliens and betrayal but not banking on it.
Lorraine Barton
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
beautiful.... I am addicted... refuse to read the juicy chapter 2 of book 3 at the end... I hate spoilers and it isn't even the 1st chapter so big taboo no no. oh but I am definitely curious about Tom.... group A and B and Brenda n Jorge... plus of course Aris and Teresa. cranks... wicked is good... we shall see...
Shaoroun
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75, very surprised at how different the books were from the movies. Didn’t like all the recapping in the 2nd book, definitely want to read the next ones now
MileFazzini
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this, but the end's like I NEED ANSWERS, can't wait to read Death Cure
Kate Tomco
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the whole entire series. The movies ruin the want to read the books. The books are 5 times better that the movies.
Kris
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Beginning to a Horrible time. In the book the Scorch Trials by James Dashner is about Thomas and Teresa the main characters and other kids that escaped the maze and are captured by wicked. In the first book the Maze Runner they are put in their by Wicked but when they got out they were captured by a guy who works for wicked.
The theme that I understand of this book is that you can't trust everyone as you want. In the story they claim that the guy who saved them has nothing to do with the pe
Lauren
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
OVERALL: 3 stars

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) - 3 stars

This was a book that I couldn’t wait to read and was so excited when I got it. I don’t know maybe my enthusiasm kind of threw me off when I was reading it but it didn’t live up to my full expectations. The story as a whole is extremely interesting but as with the main character, Thomas, I felt frustrated and held back with the complete lack of answers I was getting. The majority of characters the story revolves around are male; it was
Remi Pappas
This book would be much different if it were told from the leader of Wicked's perspective. The scene where Thomas and his friends escape the place Wicked kept them would be told much differently from Ava (the lab leaders) perspective.

"The kids escaped?! Turn on the system," and by my cue, the compound was buzzing with alarm sounds, everyone was on the lookout.
"I want eyes on every security camera, there is no way they are getting past us," I demanded.
"Doctor! I see them," said one of the workers
Sophia F.
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
These were good books, though they didn't quite live up to what people made them out to be. Don't get me wrong, they were well written, but they just weren't quite what I had been expecting based on all the recommendations and such. I thought The Maze Runner was the best in the series, with all the characters and plot twists. The Scorch Trials, however, didn't live up to the level set by The Maze Runner. It had plot twists and unexpected WICKED catastrophes, but it just wasn't quite the same. I ...more
Taryn
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok, so this a young adult fiction book so I expected it to be easy reading. It was. It was also suspenseful, focused on kids in adult-like situations they had no control over. It is sci-fi book through and through and focuses on the "end of the world, saving the world" scenarios. I could not stop reading the second book once I started. The first one was not as "must read all the way to the end" as the second book, "The Scorch Trials" was. I have no spoilers, and I will say I would like to see ho ...more
Isobel Green
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kept me hooked and good for an entertaining, light read. The plot was very well thought out, however could have been a little more in depth and descriptive. The Scorch Trials was a lot better than The Maze Runner but still maybe needed a but of work. On the other hand, i'll admit that I did enjoy it and you can tell it's a good book when it gets you emotional. Worth a read, mainly for the plot factor.
Samantha
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. James Dashner throws us into an action-packed thrill ride in these first two books in the Maze Runner Trilogy.

I think this book series is seriously underrated by a lot of the Booktube community. I really liked it and I think you will too.

Plus WICKED is Good!
Benjamin Schaible
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
The second book was better than the first by far.
Nada Zein
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Ohmygod the flood of memories
Jaden
Feb 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
i need to read this
  • Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales: A Selection
  • City of Thieves (Castle of Shadows, #2)
  • Throne of Glass Series Collection (Throne of Glass #1-5)
  • Scarred (The Elm Stone Saga, #2)
  • Rebecca / Jamaica Inn / Frenchman's Creek / My cousin Rachel.
  • The Norton Anthology of American Literature
  • Resonance
  • The Lost Files: Nine's Legacy & The Fallen Legacies ( The Lost Files #2-3)
  • The Best American Mystery Stories 2017
  • Uglies & Pretties (Uglies, #1-2)
  • The Iron Fey Series 5 Books Collection Set
  • Victoria aveyard red queen series 4 books collection set (red queen, glass sword, king's cage, war storm [hardcover])
  • Prince Caspian/The Voyage of the Dawn Treader/The Silver Chair (The Chronicles of Narnia Book 2, 3, 4)
  • Maximum Ride Four-Book Set
  • Contagion (Toxic City, #3)
  • Pretty Little Liars - Intégrale I des Menteuses (Pretty Little Liars #1-3)
  • Hazel
  • Mercy Mode (Contaminated, #2)
James is the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains.

The Maze Runner (5 books)
  • The Kill Order (The Maze Runner, #0.5)
  • The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6)
  • The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)