Start by marking “Cuando llegue el verano” as Want to Read:
Cuando llegue el verano

Cuando llegue el verano

(Whiskey Creek #3)

Callie Vanetta recibió una noticia devastadora: necesitaba un trasplante de hígado, pero no era fácil encontrar un donante.

Dispuesta a disfrutar del poco tiempo de vida que le quedaba, decidió mantener la enfermedad en secreto y trasladarse a la granja de sus abuelos. Siempre había querido vivir allí. Sin embargo, la granja llevaba años abandonada, lo que le hizo temer que
Published December 25th 2014 by HQN (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cuando llegue el verano, please sign up.
Ivana Mendez They're more like companion books ,can be read independently. I recommend reading them in order, though because they do mention other couples and…moreThey're more like companion books ,can be read independently. I recommend reading them in order, though because they do mention other couples and outcomes in the books, so if read out of order it could spoil the other books.(less)

Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

ARC received on November 30, 2012

I loved every word of Callie's story! So tender, and so heart-breaking in many ways. And the friendship between the characters is absolutely perfect!

This and other reviews can also be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

When Summer Comes is the third book in the Whiskey Creek series, and it is just as sweet, romantic and filled with friendship and ‘real’ people as the prior
Keri
Now obviously since I read this book in one sitting, the book was compelling. But I got mad at both Callie and Levi. For Callie's part, withholding what was going on with her from her parents I thought was criminal. Then Levi blowing hot and cold with Callie, deserved a swift kick. I mean I can understand what he was going through, but blowing cold one night and then the very next night coming right back...didn't make sense. BN writes very gritty real world contemporaries, so that is where I fin ...more
Els
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story.
Susan
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional book that is also very satisfying. Both Callie and Levi are characters that seem very real. Callie is coping with the diagnosis of liver disease and the fact that unless she gets a transplant she will likely die by the end of the summer. She doesn't tell her family or her friends about any of this because she doesn't want to deal with the emotional fallout. Having turned most of her photography business over to her assistant she moves to her grandparents' farm where she is supposedl ...more
Dianne
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak

This was a wonderful and gloriously romantic book and one that I would have expected to have me to be in tears for most of it due to the subject matter. However, Ms Novaks has a way of taking what could/should be heart wrenching and blending it in with her characters to create the perfect recipe of tears and laughter. In this latest of the Whiskey Creek novels, we meet Callie Vanetta. She is the glorious bombshell blond who owns the photography store downtown. S
Yvonne
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
3.5 Stars
I liked this book and read it in one sitting. Levi and Callie were great, I really enjoyed it when they were both on the page together. What didn't work for me were all of the heroine's meddling friends, namely Kyle and Eve. I felt like too much time was spent dealing with the all the friends and their reaction to the H/h.
I still had fun reading and will pick up the next in the series.

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I got this book from Harlequin through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Solid 3.5 Stars!

The story takes places in Whiskey Creek – the Heart of Gold Country, and is the third installment in the Whiskey Creek series. I didn't have to read the other two books to be able to keep up with it, but I am interested in revisiting the other two due to the fact that a lot of the characters have been mentioned in this book that I am curious about.

Callie Vanetta receives very devastation news when h
Gmc
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rhonda
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak
5 STARS
when Summer Comes is a Whiskey Creek book. It took me longer to read this book because I got so emotional and had to wipe the tears.
Thier are few in my family & friends who are dealing with kidney transplant, so it hit close. Plus I like the characters in Whiskey Creek.I look forward to coming back and visiting them again.
Callie Vanetta heard her door knock loudly in the middle of the night. She lives alone at a family farm. The voice on the porch dem
Lisa Filipe
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
The Whiskey Creek series is becoming one of my absolute favorites. Each book is just as good as the last. Novak brings endearing relationships between life-long friends, power-packed emotion between lovers and chemistry that sparks off the pages. She has done something really special here!

I remember doing something so mundane the other day, maybe folding laundry, and it hit me, Brenda Novak is my New Nora Roberts. Not that Nora isn't still rocking the romance genre, it's just that Brenda is so d
Cherise
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Callie has a liver disease. She is deteriorating fast and if she doesn’t get a donor liver soon she will be dead. She hasn’t told anyone what is ailing her. She hasn’t told her friends, or even her parents. She wants to enjoy her last days; she doesn’t want to be surrounded by sadness or pity. So she moves into her grandparents’ farm where she spent so many happy days and begins her slow goodbye.

Levi shows up on Callie’s doorstep battered and bloodied. He has his own demons and secrets so the la
Molly
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Holy moly there are a lot of characters in these books...barely enough room to tell the story of the main characters.

This is the third in this series. I liked the first one so I have kept reading, but I think my interest in these people is limited.

So this is Callie and Levi's story. Callie is part of a group of friends from a small town that all still hang out together, and that's cool. I still have ties to my high school friends.

Callie is sick, maybe dying, and doesn't confide in any of these p
Paula Legate
This was an emotional book. I loved the cast of characters, the story line, it was just an excellent book. Callie found out she needed a liver transplant or she would die. Being faced with death made her see things differently than she did before. I loved her compassion, and her huge heart. She did have a hard time finding a way to tell her friends, and family what was going on. There is no easy way to say, hey by the way I'm dying.

Callie got woke up by someone pounding on her door. Levi had bee
Sabrina
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenda takes us back to Whiskey Creek & old friends.

Callie has received bad news. She needs a liver transplant or she only has a few months to live. Keeping her secret in order to protect herself from the pity of her friends is hard for her. She decides to move to her grandparents farm for the last few months, a place where remembers always being happy.

Levi was just riding through Whiskey Creek when his motorcycle breaks down and he is attacked by dogs. He goes to the closest place looking
Crystal
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I was excited to read When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak. I love these small town series books and I just can't seem to read enough. I had read the previous books and was really looking forward to this one. It lived up to my expectation.

I bonded quickly with both characters Callie & Levi. Callie is such a strong willed woman with quite a battle to fight with her failing liver. She doesn't want her friends and family to suffer with her illness and keeps it quite for a while.

Levi is a very un
Cindy ~
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gut wrenching emotional read. I am in book sub-space after finishing.

The two main characters - Callie and Levi - were two lost souls that just happened to find each other in the middle of the night. One whose body is failing her and one who is dying emotionally.

Since the first book in this series with Olivia and Brandon I have fallen in love with this series. The author's writing is such that you come to care about these friends in Whiskey Creek and you feel every pain with them whether is emo
Reni
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audio book - loved it. Luke, what a sweetheart.
Elle (Ligia)
Like it's not unusual for me I started the series backwards! LOL And I'm glad I did. This book was pretty awesome.

So maybe as I think about it now there might be a few things that didn't make complete sense because of this, but it's done now, so who cares right? ;)

I really liked this book. It's not my first Brenda Novak book, but I think I'll stay with this series rather than the other one I read. xD It was sweet and emotional and aaahhh! :D

Callie Vanetta has series health issues. She just wants
Vilia
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review from Backchatting Books

I got swept up in the pathos of "When Summer Comes" but came crashing back to earth a bit with the too neat ending. Callie is going to die if she doesn’t get a liver transplant soon. She moves into her grandparents’ house, takes a leave of absence from work and focuses on the things that really matter to her. Levi rocks up on her doorstep one night bleeding from a vicious dog attack and begging for some bandages. He’s a drifter and doesn’t want to hang around but Ca
Kelsie
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pretty-covers
I'm actually going to start this review by talking about another book. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. Now, I enjoy Nicholas Sparks, but none of his stories have truly captured my heart like that one. First published in 1999, A Walk to Remember has remained my favorite book to date. I was first attracted to When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak because of its similar premise. A young woman dealing with a terrible disease while starting a relationship with someone unaware of her illness. There ...more
Sally Kitter
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I have received a free copy of this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

When Summer Comes was a nice little story, if not at times infuriating. The main character keeps a very important secret to herself for about seventy percent of the book. You keep waiting and waiting for her to tell already. The fact that at one point I groaned under my breath, "Just tell them already" is not necessarily a bad thing. It speaks of the authors talent to really draw you in. The characters were engagi
Jane Stewart
2 stars. I did not enjoy most of this book. But I am really enjoying the series.

Callie is dying from liver disease. She is on a waiting list for a liver transplant. She keeps this secret for 86% of the book. I did not like all the lying. I was tired of it. At first she lies for one reason. Later she lies for a different reason. She doesn’t want her friends feeling sorry for her, so she lies and avoids them. That alone causes her to lose the good things that friends provide.

The last 5% of the bo
Danita
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This forth installment of the Whiskey Creek series by bestselling author Brenda Novak has you riding a roller coaster of emotions. As we got to know the close group of friends Gail, Callie, Cheyenne, Kyle, Noah, Ted, Baxter, Kyle, Eve and Riley through the first three books we felt how deep their friendship for each other was but nothing would prepare them for what would be the toughest battle that their dear friend Callie was facing.

WHEN SUMMER COMES is Callie's story and how she works through
Linda Sims
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EMOTIONAL AND HEARTWARMING

Callie Vanetta needs a liver transplant, but she decides to tell no one about how seriously ill she is, not her parents or any of her friends in Whiskey Creek.
Callie is a keen photographer and owns her own studio in town, but she has left her assistant in charge, while she is staying on her late grandparents farm. Alone with only her pet dog Rifle for company, she's surprised late one night when a stranger comes knocking at her door. Too frightened to open it, she call
Ann
I received this book from GoodReads First Reads

Callie has been diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and needs a liver transplant, without one she won't make it past the summer. She decides to move to her late grandparents' farm to deal with the news on her own. Unexpectedly Levi, a man passing through town, appears at her doorstep needing help. Despite reservations from her friends and several community members, she takes him in.

When Summer Comes was a fast and easy read. It was
Ana
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Callie is given the worst news of her life she has until summer to enjoy her life and say her goodbyes. One day a stranger finds himself on her doorstep in need of help. Callie doesn't know if she should open the door but there is something about this guy that makes her happy, she didn't think he would make her days worthwhile but so far he has. Now that he's in her life She just isn't ready to say goodbye . He knows something is wrong with her but she is hoping to keep her illness a secret for ...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: Aubrey
Book provided by: NetGalley
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Returning to Whiskey Creek was like going back to my grandma’s house for dinner. I felt like I was returning to a place that I would belong and a place I would love to live. I am really enjoying Brenda Novak’s contemporary series set in Whiskey Creek. I love how each book is set around one couple but you get to see how the couples from the previous novels are doing and you get to read about budding relat
Mary
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a nice story. Its not often that a book will make me cry but this one did just that. Watching Callie and her progression with her liver failure was just heartbreaking for me. I haven't read any of the other books in this series but I definitely want to now. The characters were very likable for the most part and I can see that future books and even ones I haven't read have got to be equally as good or better.

One day, Callie Vanetta receives devastating news...

She needs a liver trans
ValerieC
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Small Town series lovers
3-1/2 stars

I would've given this a 4 star rating, but the 'Group of Friends' got waaaay too annoying and interfering for my taste, especially Eve (she's beginning to be like an irritating, pushy, bossy old maid). Most anyone would've told these people to stick it> for their 'intervention'.

So that brought my enjoyment down, even though this was the most poignant book of the series and I loved Levi and Callie. A 3-1/2 star rating still means I Liked It, but this 'group' needs to stop being so '
Curious.. 4 36 Apr 12, 2014 08:51PM

• A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Within Reach
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Sea Glass Winter (Shelter Bay #5)
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Must Like Kids
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • Listed: Volume VI (Listed, #6)
  • Space in His Heart
  • Don't Cry for Me (Rebel Ridge, #2)
  • A Baby For Christmas
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a

Whiskey Creek (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1)
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • Home to Whiskey Creek (Whiskey Creek, #4)
  • Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #5)
  • Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek, #6)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • A Winter Wedding (Whiskey Creek, #9)
  • Discovering You (Whiskey Creek, #10)
  • Whiskey Creek (10 Book Series)