Start by marking “Sky People” as Want to Read:
Sky People

Sky People

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

“From the beginning, American Indians have told stories about their ancestors who came from the stars. There is now a growing realization that those ancient star civilizations have not forgotten this world. Through the diligent work of the author, Dr. Clarke, and her hundreds of interviews with Indian people throughout the Americas, we can all learn of remarkable, present-

Published December 22nd 2014 by New Page Books

To ask other readers questions about Sky People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky People

Debbie Zapata
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mexico
My mom found this book in the snail mail catalog of her favorite bookseller. She could not resist ordering, and after she read it she handed it over to me. I was a bit leery since this is not the type of book I generally read. But I must say I enjoyed every page, even the ones that made me think 'oh, yeah, right'. (My husband says that here in Mexico if you want to express that thought when someone is telling you what sounds like a tall tale, you say 'Si, Chucha!'.....which is great fun to play ...more
Lemur
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Clarke’s writing style is a delight. The stories she shares in Sky People are fantastic. Each chapter is intriguing with unique tales of UFO encounters and descriptions of bizarre creatures. These accounts provide a middle American perspective on what’s going on in the realm of the little known. I am so pleased and thankful to have discovered this book. I will definitely be reading her other books.
Samira Elytess
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alien-ets, favorites
"Silver Sombrero" off to the author! Goodness...what a joy-ride!

Not only did I learn about the Maya UFO/alien experiences, but I also felt I was traveling with the author to the places she went to and interacted with the beautiful sincere souls she came face to face with.

The indigenous experiences are parallel and consistent with many other non-mesoamerica accounts that I have read in other books, or listened to on youtube.

I'm proud of Ardy for her bold solo adventure as a woman. I'm a woman and
Kyle Philson
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kyle Philson host of Expanded Perspectives
-Free review copy provided by Warwick and Associates and New Page Books-

If you are interested in the UFO Phenomenon then this is the books for you. Sky People is a collection of interviews with the indigenous people of Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, and Mexico about encounters with UFOs. After being influenced at an early age by explorers John L. Stephens and Frederick Catherwood who documented the existence of ancient cities in the jungles of Mesoamerica.
Ecenhua Maiz
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sky People is another superbly crafted book by Ardy Sixkiller Clarke following on her excellent book Encounters with Star People. In this one , the author details exploration of Mesoamerica especially in the Mayan regions following in the footsteps Stephens and Catherwood's early 20th century expedition. However unlike them, she seeks stories of contact between extraterrestrials and humans. Because of her Amerindian heritage she gets a unique access to people who are normally extremely reticent ...more
Zachary
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! A smooth and fun read.

I loved this book so much that I want to read it and her first one over again. She writes with such passion for the subject but allows her interviewees to really narrate the story. Though some of the lines I read seemed a bit far-fetched, I believe that it's more of a translation issue, and not a subject issue. Such a great book.
Gabriel F Duran
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wonderfully done!!!

I was very impressed with the quality of the research and information gathered. What an honor to have been "living history" and even prophesied by Elders that knew of her arrival. I for one am convinced of her findings, and believe the accounts given. Thanks for enlightening us all.
Eugene O Neary
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So we'll written

The research style Ardy conducts pushes no agenda and let's her subjects tell their story without prejudice. Whenever asked what her opinion is she always replies "well what do you think?"

The stories she presents are truly remarkable and awe inspiring. And the way she details her travels makes it feel like you are by her side. Very well done!
Hank
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author comes across as earnest, sincere and honest, so I want to believe in the stories she has gathered first hand from Maya people. It's an enjoyable stretch of the imagination and of the possible, in a world, a universe, a cosmos we cannot really claim to fully understand.
Debbie Mcclelland
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A winner!

You feel right at home with the author. The stories told by the indigenous people of their observations and encounters make the Maya unique in the world. A very thought provoking book!
Erica Bradstreet
Jul 27, 2016 is currently reading it
Chapter 4
Jeremy Vaeni
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series is nothing less than the most important work to hit ufo research since Jacques Vallee's "Wonders In The Sky."
B
Aug 05, 2017
Grace Marr
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
“Their bodies are tall and skinny, but their legs are huge. Their knees allow them to walk backward. We call them the backward-walking people. They have strange heads. When they are walking, their heads flip backward so they can see where they are going.” 1 likes
“Chinkultic is a moderate-sized archeological ruin in the state of Chiapas, Mexico. It is part of Lagunas de Montebello National Park. When Stephens and Catherwood crossed into Mexico, they camped in the village of Comitan, which was called Balun Canan, the Place of Nine Stars, by the Maya prior to the Spanish invasion. Chinkultic is about thirty-five miles from Comitan; however, Stephens and Catherwood never passed that way. The” 0 likes