Start by marking “The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge” as Want to Read:
The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge

The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  227 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Ruthless and passionate! Guido Barberi hasn't set eyes on his ex-wife since she left himtaking with her a quarter of a million dollars! But he's determined to have his revenge by bedding her once more. Innocent and alluring! Sara is shocked that Guido is even more attractive and dangerous than ever. Despite her hatred of him, she desires him twice as much. But if she surre ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge

willaful
Jul 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of grovel endings.
Nothing particularly wrong with this book -- given that you’re not bothered by the whole blackmailed-for-sex theme, and if you are, why are you reading Presents? -- but I felt like I’ve read it a hundred times before. It was fairly smooth and entertaining but with nothing special in terms of spark or chemistry or gut-clenching. One interestingly different plot point was that the heroine was born to a single mom, via sperm bank, but I didn’t really like the direction that eventually went. Oh wait ...more
Jenny
Jun 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Hated both the hero and the heroine with a passion!
KatieV
Pretty much exactly what Willaful said in her review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

And I'll add that the 'ruthless revenge' was a bit of an exaggeration. The vengeance angle petered out fairly early on after the hero learned some of the truth about the past. It was more like 'The Italian who thought about revenge and then settled on blackmail for supposedly purely sexual purposes, but really just wanted the h back'.
Yvette
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
IMO Guido is the biggest jerk of all the Presents men I've ever read.

Seriously. I would have shot him in the balls!

Amanda Sheila
I don't like it.

They were happy. But when Guido brought Sara to his home country, everything fell apart. Now separate for ten years, Guido still hold grudges—and love towards Sara. He determined to make her pay him back. What will happen next?

I was expecting book with heavy angst and begging-for-forgiveness Hero in the end. But this book gave me nothing.

Sure the storyline includes angst in it but I don't feel it. Sara's a weak for agreeing to be Guido "sex buddy" and falling for him all over
Rachel
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars. Be warned, I actually wouldn't consider this a romance because there is no possible way for a reader to like Guido. He is mean, obnoxious, and frankly an idiot and a jerk who doesn't deserve someone as good as Sara.
But the book was still pretty good. What kept me reading after being appalled by Guido's behavior in the first chapter was Sara, she is a strong woman who had a painful path, but now she is strong enough to fight back to Guido's bullying. It was very entertaining to watch
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Another one that I liked but others not so much. Both young and separated by blackmail, deception, and an evil, conniving, vicious cousin of H and his ruthless father. H deserved to do a little more groveling but he did not have all the facts. He should have gone after h sooner. I liked it - 3.5 rounded stars.
Uxia
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it

I read the other reviews and, truly, The H wasn't that bad. He is arrogant and dense in his relationships with women.

The H/h met and married in London when she got pregnant. By then they where living as a pair of students and she never susppects that his family was a traditinal rich Italian family that disliked her on sight. The H's father and his cousin Caterina made the h life a living hell and the H, overhelmed with taking over his father almost in bankruptcy business, doesn't notice anythi
mystic_rose
Read this book if you want your blood pressure to go through the roof. The hero is so unbelievably cruel and stupid that it borders on parody. There are all sorts of heart-warming moments, like when he calls the heroine a “crazy bitch” and a “conniving, devious bitch” and accuses her of being a gold-digging ho.

There were some good moments where the heroine managed to stand up for herself:

(view spoiler)
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • A Savage Betrayal
  • The Sicilian's Virgin Bride
  • The Markonos Bride
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • The Winter Heart
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • If Winter Comes
  • Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Blackmailed Into the Italian's Bed
  • Mansion for My Love
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Million Dollar Men #3)
Jacqueline Baird was born on the 1st of April at home in a small village Northumbria, England, UK, where she raised. She went to the local village school, and later an all-girls' grammar school where she passed the University of Oxford General Certificate of Education in various subjects. On leaving school she joined the civil service in the then Post Office department.

She met her husband Jim, whe
More about Jacqueline Baird...