Start by marking “Baby V (Chianti Kisses #1)” as Want to Read:
Baby V (Chianti Kisses #1)

Baby V

(Chianti Kisses #1)

Life is full of choices... paths, if you will. Vincenza Lombardi's life has been carefully planned out and orchestrated by her wealthy and powerful family. Nothing but the best for their "Baby V". The best prep schools, the finest finishing schools, and the top girls-only university in the nation.

As the only daughter, she has been protected and shielded by her three older
Published January 7th 2015 by Tara Oakes

To ask other readers questions about Baby V, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby V

Start your review of Baby V (Chianti Kisses #1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This is the first book I've read from this author and I definitely see a lot of potential.

I enjoyed the story's concept. However, the idea of an arranged marriage actually wasn't the main focus of the book, which made the preface a bit misleading. The story was good regardless and I'm not sure why this was even integrated into it. It didn't even add that much drama.

Although the writing was good, it lacked fluidity for me. Especially in the sexy scenes. Nothing messes up my mojo faster than
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
** 1.5 Bored Out of My Mind but Dom is HOT as Hell Stars**

photo dom_zpsu0cestgv.jpg

The reason for the 1.5 stars....because DOM was hot! Did I say that already? Well he was!!

photo bored_zpshwmjet1w.gif

That's about all I can say about this one. I wished for so much more. It has potential for so much more. Sadly the story was told from the very boring Baby V POV and I really wanted to slap her repeatedly. She annoyed the crap out of me. This story was full of boring details about what Baby V was wearing and what other people were wearing. Who
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 “Wanting More” Stars!

The Review:
I have mixed feelings about this one. This is my first book by this author and I can tell she’s very talented, even though I didn’t connect with THIS story. In fact, I got 53% in and almost gave up but after reading some of the reviews already posted, I decided to persevere and I’m glad I did because the second half of the book picked up and
Bj
*4.5 Destined To Be" Stars!

I am a huge MC Romance fan, and had heard great things about Tara Oakes works, so when I saw she was releasing the first book in a new series, in what I suspected was yet another one of my favorite bad boy, romance sub-genres, I jumped at the chance to review it. Well, let's just say I wasn't entirely right about the subject matter, but fell in love with it anyway. Both the sweet romance between the hero and heroine, and the suspense behind their families' past, were
Sivutha
4 Relentless Stars

The Lombardi & DiBenedetto families have been together since their fathers started a shipping company as young men. Now their children have inherited company and run it together.

Vincenza (Baby V) Lombardi just graduated from St. Bart’s, an all-girls school. She is the youngest out of the four with three older brothers and mother. Her friend Theresa DiBenedetto graduated and went to work for the family. That is what to be expected from Baby V as well. Nope, V has other
Samantha
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Took too long for anything to happen and it was all crammed in the last chapter.
Amanda
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Really Great Read Stars!

I was offered the opportunity of an ARC of Chianti Kisses #3 and realized I hadn't read #1 or #2 yet, so I figured I better get on it! How these books of one of my go-to authors slipped through the cracks I just don't know! But man am I glad I rectified that oversight!!

Baby V is described by some as lacking. I didn't see that at all. I went into this book with no preconceived ideas or expectations. Sometimes it's not the book that isn't quite right, it's the timing.
Paganalexandria
This was selected as a Biker Book Babes Freebie Buddy Read. This was a really cute, and sweet book. It hit a lot of the romance points, but was a little underwhelmed by the reveal at the end.
Christina
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

I have been a fan of Tara Oakes since I read the Kingsmen series! I find her writing style to be very smooth, entertaining, and she can weave a GREAT story. Baby V is no exception.

Vincenza, Baby V as her family calls her, is a young woman coming into her own. The story opens on her college graduation day from St. Barts, an exclusive all women's college. Being a bit naive, and leading a sheltered life, V is ready to strike out on her own and spread
Alice Smith
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Baby V
Book 1 of the Chianti Kisses Series
by Tara Oakes

A Great Read that Will Leave You Wanting More! Highly Recommended!

I was provided an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. It is the first book I have read by Tara Oakes, but it will not be the last.

Baby V is the story of Vincenza Maria Lombardi, called “Baby V” by members of her immediate family. V has just completed college at a very old fashioned Catholic School. The story begins with her graduating
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I enjoyed this book! Wow! What a ride this book took me on, grabbing hold of me from the very first page. This is my first book by this author and it definitely won't be my last. This book was amazingly good and unique in such a different way. This book was sweet, sexy, romantic, and suspenseful at times with twists and turns that takes you on one hell of a ride.

This is Vincenza "V" and Dom's story. V has just graduated from Catholic college and is coming home for the summer. Her plans
Hope Sheesley
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Tara Oakes and her MC Kingsmen series - she has such a talent for pulling me into a story and not letting me go until the very end. Her MC books are so intense and raw - very different from Baby V. I love that this veered so off course to what I am used to from this author. This was a love story in every sense of the word with some suspense and intrigue thrown in to spice it up.

The book starts at Vincenza Lombardi's graduation from her university. She comes from a powerful and
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

The story starts off with Baby V aka Vincenza Lombardi just graduating from an all girl private catholic college and moving back in with her family to NYC. However her mom is remodeling her house so they are going to stay with her Aunti and Dom, gorgeous Dom who she grew up with.
Dominic DiBenedetto is the son of V’s father’s best friend. He is a tad bit older, a lot more experienced, and he is ready to settle down and V doesn't know what hit her when he starts to focus on her. She has never
DJ Sakata
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“It’s the same smile she gives everybody, every time, exactly the same. I’m sure it was perfected somewhere around thirteen years old in the company of her vanity mirror.”

“She’s materialistic, snobbish, fake… all the things I strive not to be. She’s probably the type of girl that would list Barbie as a role model.”

My Review:

Baby V is a bit of a genre hop, combining New Adult romance, some family drama, and romantic suspense. I enjoyed every twist and turn in this
Jody Pardo
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy on behalf of my Blog for an honest review.

Vincenza just graduated university and the youngest of her siblings, earning her the name Baby V. From a very well to do family, the expectations are high for her and how she will proceed in life and career path. Her family expects her to join her siblings at the family business, founded by her family, the Lombardis and the DiBenedettos. Dom DiBenedetto is older than her and best friends with her brothers. He is another brother
Desire
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Baby V is no longer a baby. V is coming into her own and ready to make her own life choices, unfortunately her family has already planned those choices out for her. Just out of college V finds herself in the home of longtime family friend Dom. Dom is one very hot ladies man. Though since V's graduation he seems to only have eyes for her. While things between Dom and V heat up, the family business is cooling down. Both families own the business and V needs to be on board. While everything seems ...more
Shivani ~*My blurry eyesight wants more books*~
I read this book in the hopes that at some point the story will get interesting. But nope! The romance between the leads is passionless. There are no conversations between them. It does look like an arrangement. Everything is easy:the love, the engagement, the marriage. No bumps, nothing at all. While the book was somewhat long-ish, it still did not hold any strong scene. The depth was missing, the chemistry was missing, the past was missing. Author really did not reveal any secrets in detail ...more
Aly
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

As always Tara has created a dominant, Alpha Male, but she has also created a female character who isn't afraid to stand her ground. I loved V's voice. It was unique, strong and just really amusing.

Baby V brought to mind feelings I've felt before and probably will feel again, and honestly it made me feel all nostalgic. And maybe that's really not something that people enjoy, but I really did.

It was also interesting to only have V's
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
V or baby V as her family call her has just graduated and wants to forge her own career path unfortunately the Lombardi's and DiBenedetto's want her to join the joint family business.

Vincenza Lombardi's life has been carefully planned, she's been protected by her three older brothers and Dom DiBenedetto close family friend from the day she was born never really knowing the in's and out's of their family ties. V is home to enjoy one last summer before embarking on her new life but are things
Kristin
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
amazing hot read

A must read!! I started this book and was instantly hooked. It starts off with you getting to know V and she's graduating college and you meet her family. Now that she's done with school she starts to feel a hot intense connection with the guy that she has thought of as her other brother, she can't control the feelings and she doesn't want to but wants to keep her thoughts from her family. Will they approve?

Then we meet Dom and hot successful guy whose been in V's life since
Wendy Syposs Litz
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Definitely Worth The Time To Read!!

I enjoyed reading Baby V! It was suspenseful and romantic,two elements that I Love to see in a book! Author Tara Oakes does a great job introducing the characters,Dom and V,as well as extended family members. There is just enough information given about the characters ,and their relationships. Tara Oakes does an especially good job with the final chapters of the book! No, I will not be a "spoiler" by giving it away! Tara sets things up nicely for book
Samantha  Kurtz of Sammy's Book Obsession
4 Stars From Sammy's Book Obsession

MY THOUGHTS~

I was provided with a Review Copy/ARC for review.

Baby V was a great read! A little slow picking up in the beginning, but not bad. I enjoyed it all the way through. It totally left me wanting more once it was over. The next one can't come out soon enough!

The writing was pretty well done with the exception of some misplaced punctuation here and there. The characters were great! I loved the dynamic between all of them.

Can't wait for more!
Cathy Guadagnino dotson
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I had the privilege of receiving an ARC copy of this book. From the moment I picked up this book I was hooked like you wouldn't believe. I hated to go to bed wondering what was going to happen next. This novel keeps you on your toes. Its about a girl trying to find her way in an overly protective family, finding out secrets and true love. I can't wait for the second book of this series to come out. Once you read it. you will agree that spring cannot get here quick enough to see what will happen ...more
Karmen Rosario
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I seriously thought I would not like this book because it reminded me of Fifty Shades of Gray but It exceeded my expectations. It's a really good book, it had me crying one minute and the other screaming of excitement or angry.
There where chapters of the book that at the start they where a bit confusing but overall the book is good.
I suggest to the readers that if they read a book and don't like it they should say why they didn't like because that lets other people see more about the book before
Linda Cotter
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won an ARC for an honest review.
Oh, where to start. I blew thru this book. I really enjoyed every part of it. Seeing "Baby V" come into her own from a Catholic college graduate to doing what she wanted with her life was perfect! Finding love, loss and family secrets along the way was beautiful and sometimes heartwrenching. Wonderfully written and I cannot wait for more. I enjoyed Tara's MC series, and will definitely enjoy this series as well!!
Shaunna Armstrong
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Baby V is not a baby anymore, but it's hard to show her three older brothers that she can manage. Unfortunately her family has planned her life for her every step of the way. When long time family friend Dom starts to make the moves on V, she falls for him. When secrets start coming out left and right will V run from her family & Dom, or will she play along.
Rachel Wheeler
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
innocent girl and an almost crime boss

This book is about two family's who struggle keeping their family business clean. V is a young innocent woman and Dom is her pseudo brother who isn't so brotherly now that she is graduated college... There love story is sweet and hot at the same time!
Looking forward to the next book!
Anne Milne
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is different from the other books by Tara that I've read but it did not disappoint. We meet Vincenza, Dom and their extended Mafia families, the writing as always is superb and I think In the next book we are going to see more of Dom the Mafia boss and I can't wait.
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OUTSTANDING

I fell in love with Dom and V and the crazy protective families!! This is a story of soul mates basically from birth......I laughed, cried, and hung on every word!! Great book, totally recommend to everyone
L Morales
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more about Dom and V in the future.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Thrive (Guardian Protection, #2)
  • Sweet Treats
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
  • Seven Wishes: A Bully, PNR, Academy, Why Choose Romance (The Caelum Trilogy)
  • Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
  • Eight Souls (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #2)
  • Nine Lives (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #3)
  • Riding Curves
  • Choose Me
  • Sacrificed to the Dragon (Stonefire Dragons, #1)

Chianti Kisses (3 books)
  • Boss (Chianti Kisses #2)
  • Betrayed (Chianti Kisses, #3)