Start by marking “Snapped (Snapped #1)” as Want to Read:
Snapped (Snapped #1)

Snapped

(Snapped #1)

5 friends. 1 killer. Who will snap?

In nine weeks Charlie Miller's life goes from absolute perfection to gruesome tragedy. All it takes is one night, one blade, and her boyfriend, best friend and new friends all either end up as suspects or dead.

But Charlie's world of pro football golden boys, law school domination and New York City nightlife crumbles long before sudden d
Published December 21st 2014 (first published November 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Snapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snapped

Start your review of Snapped (Snapped #1)
Vivian Jane ✯
**ARC provided by the author for an honest review!**
*Quotes may differ upon publication*
3 "I Love You" Stars!
"I don't need you in a dress," he said, pulling delicately on one of the straps. "Or in lipstick. Or tanned or impeccable or styled. You know what I need?" He stopped, waiting for me to meet his eyes again. When I did, he finished with, "You in sweats and your hair a mess. Your face all rosy because I just made you laugh--or something else...I need you. I love you, Charlotte Marie
 CCAM&GZM
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Serial series" - hmm neither a short story nor a novel format so you cannot criticize that, in fact, nothing happens. OK, maybe to say nothing is an unfortunate choice of words, because the characters are introduced to us, we receive the premises of the game, but also, I could say, we get to know the "climax". Climax which takes the form of the prologue, maintains and continuously feeds the reader’s curiosity. This fact makes me consider, at this moment, that the author had been inspired when s ...more
Karine
I love it when a book starts with a glimpse of the end of the story. If it's done right, I'm hooked on a series straight away and Snapped was no different. The first chapter is about an event that happens in the future and it is very intense and I was instantly drawn into the story.

However after that first chapter, the story started to fall away for me. I sort of lost interest in it and didn't care where it was going. But I keep reading hoping it would pick up again.

There is a lot to take in; pl
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a serial of seven books, so I will be doing mini reviews for each and every one! These are quick reads, at about 100 pages each. The first one sucked me in with an intriguing prologue where we didn’t know who had committed a crime, and whether it was the main character who did it! We were then thrown backwards to the beginning of the story.

I immediately fell in love with all the characters. Mostly, Charlie, our main character. I felt like I would be most like her, shying away from the l
Lauren
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
The ARC of this book was provided by Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review. Instead of Book 1 it should be marked as part one. When looking the book up, I noticed that it was originally a trilogy but there are like six or seven books now! Personally, I am not a fan of books that do not let you know there will be a cliffhanger and you need to be invested in these characters for another 2-5 books!

The description of the book misleading as it makes it sound like it is from the male main char
Space Cowgirl
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The Drama 👑Queen

Or How to Ruin💔 a Relationship By Jealous Nagging.

This book📑 made me crazy, but the prologue was great. It's an Adult murder mystery.
Then the author proceeded to delve into the relationship between, Slade🐺🏈, the famous pro quarterback, and his girlfriend, law student, Charlie.
The whole book wallows in Charlie's angst and low self esteem about her relationship with the handsome star quarterback.
Women💃 slip him their numbers, they hang on him if he and Charlie go out. He is inst
Alyne Roberts
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was super lucky to receive a early copy of this book!

I was immediately intrigued by the description. And the cover. Sarah at Okay Creations always catches my eye!
I am not the biggest fan of novella series because I HATE waiting. It kills me, then I usually lose interest. But the description was enough to get me interested. I had to know WHO WILL SNAP. This series is in no danger of losing my interest. I promise that!

As soon as I began, I was hooked. The prologue is in the future. Most likley
Moon Love
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The prologue was all it took to hook me. Seriously, if you don't believe that's all it'll take, try the sample on Amazon. I devoured every word and every page. At first everything seemed alright. Charlie and Jason were together again and all was good. When I first picked up on something that might not be right, it was from an unexpected source. And then surprises started rolling in. I wasn't sure who was friend and who was foe. When this first installment ended, I didn't stop to make notes, but ...more
Anne
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad... And if I'm being honest, I am intrigued. But the blurb got my hopes a little too high for only a part 1. We will see if I come back to it.
Maria
4 stars

I made a new bookshelf for this serial. It's called "one word: SHIT." Because that's the reaction it got from me. Honestly, from the quarter point forward I had this rock in the pit of my stomach, because I was wary of everyone. Snapped makes you analyze every conversation, every look, because you know that one or more of these things are foreshadowing the end result. And shit if I'm not thoroughly invested in the outcome right now.

Charlie is just starting law school, and Slade, her bf, i
Jennifer Shiels
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Snapped is my first Ketley Allison book and it's the first in this 7 part series. It's started out really good and I just want to find out what happens next and to discover the mystery. The story starts with Charlie Miller talking to the detective after the murder and then we go back to when she first moved to New York City nine weeks before. So many things can change in the span of those weeks.

Charlie moves to New York City to be with her boyfriend Jason Sladerman who is now the starting Quart
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Um, wow, what the hell?! Snapped has me hooked!

Snapped starts with a Prologue, that when compared to the rest of the story, seems out of place. It tells of Charlie being interrogated by the police at the scene of a crime. As a law student, Charlie knows what she should and shouldn't say to a detective while being interrogated. But she's exhausted, and when she is informed by the detective that he knows she's been lying, she says she wants a lawyer. Yikes, what a beginning!

Then it moves into a ti
Cheryl Sanders
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
This is book one in the Snapped series and it features Char and Slade. This book is a cliffhanger. I don’t normally like cliffhangers but this one has me waiting so impatiently for the next book. Fame is giving this football player and his girlfriend a humongous “welcome to the big leagues” embrace. All the crap she’s having to deal with in regards to his recent popularity is INSANE!

The suspense is crazy! The opening chapter is spinning through my mind as I’m reading this story. I’m lo
Renata Gill
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, the suspense!!! The book starts with a prologue that will have you wanting to read the book as soon as possible. And the sneak peek of book 2 Sin has you all riled up as you have questions that won't be answered until you read the book.
You could feel Charlie's frustration and insecurity seeping out of the book. Is Slade telling her the truth? Is he cheating on her? What is Reagan up to? What does Nate want from her? And then there's Lara who doesnt like anyone and feels insecure when it com
Deb
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was really excited when I read the prologue thinking that I was going to really dig in and get into this story...and then the prologue ended. The plot was decent enough, but I could not get past the juvenile behavior of many of the characters - especially Charlie. Things I'd expect more from someone in their late teens rather than their mid-20s. This eclipsed the storyline for me - which ended up being mostly predictable but did have a few unexpected turns along the way, thus earning the 2nd s ...more
Silvia
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent, intriguing read!
This book was so good! At first, you think you get a clear picture of what’s going to happen and who the characters are. But as you keep reading, things constantly change and characters that you thought you knew do some unexpected things that leave you with more questions. An excellent, intriguing read! Starting on the next book, Sin, ASAP!!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Shelly Celli
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This book has a lot of twists and turns and leaves you begging for more. Is he cheating? Or is she just paranoid. Are her “friends” just out to ruin what she has? There are so many questions...not to mention wondering what really happened at the beginning...

I’m voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
Lisa Jolly
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Hidden Gems and l am volunteering to leave this review.

This is the 1st book in the Snapped Series and sets you up for the remainder. It’s a college turned profession sports romance novel, but is not your normal romance book. This has a twist that you don’t see coming and has you looking forward to the next book.
Heidi
Aug 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not impressed at all.
Received this book as an ARC for my honest review. There is no ending you have to read the rest to get the ending. The first part of the book had me hooked but as I continued reading the main character was a immature 20-something and it drove me nuts as they all acted like they were 5. There was no connection between the characters and it was so slow for me.
Kim F
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a thrill ride that will leave you breathless this is your story. It has just the right amount of suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat as you peel back the layers to get to who was involved and how it was done. Excellent story!
Pat
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The good storyline and the great characters totally wowed me as I turned the pages of this very intriguing read! This was the first book that I have read by this author and it definitely will not be the last!
DENICE
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
A RELATIONSHIP IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

Intriguing page turner. I couldn’t put it down. A great show of insecurity, malicious infatuation and misdirected love. All of the characters have faults that seem to feed on each other causing for an unprecedented cliffhanger.

Tammy L
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Snapped by Ketley Allison

After such a promising start to this book I was looking forward to finishing it, it however fell flat. "I received an advanced copy of this manuscript and am voluntarily leaving an honest review."

Nate
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing book with twists & turns. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book. ...more
Amanda (Fandomly Bookish)
From the first page of the story, I was hooked and eager to continue flipping the pages of my eARC. It really intrigued me how Charlie Miller ended up in that kind of situation. My reaction upon reading the entire prologue was … “What the freakin’ hell happened here?” The prologue is set in Week 9 and just whoa, what a way to start a story. It has an effect that you know readers will be clamoring for more. Clamoring to know every-freakin’-thing that happened in the story!

I just noticed that Snap
Court
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley!

Shelley: You know what? Wow. This prologue grabbed my attention and just knowing that every word was guiding me to that scene, kept me turning pages. I was very eager to get to that stage--where I had answers to my questions. I actually STILL have questions because as I discovered this morning, this is book one (or part one) in a SEVEN-ish part series. You should know this going in so that you don't feel disappointed when the answers
Cassia Brightmore
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, loved
There are very few serials out there that I can say that I absolutely love. Serials are hard to write, as we have such high expectations in a very short amount of content. When I read a short story, I find I can be a bit more critical than with a full length novel in terms of what I’m looking for. With this new from author Ketley Allison, I was left completely destroyed. Not only did her writing style wow me, but the plot and the characters are addictive, seductive and dammit - just flipping GOO ...more
Isabelle MBTL

Heat: 2 stars
Freshness: 3 stars
Addictiveness: 4 stars
Total: (14/24) 3.5 stars

***** This is part 1 of a serial, there is no ending per se. Also, this is a mystery serial, I can't divulge much without spoiling, so the review is going to be brief.*****

Part one of the series explains va
Brittany B
Charlie and her best friend, Lara move to NYC. Charlie is working towards being a lawyer and adjusting to life in NY as the girlfriend of a rising star. Jason 'Slade' Sladerman is Charlie's boyfriend and he's finally made it to the big leagues with his football career.

I enjoyed Charlie's character . She's the girl next door type and the author really allows you to empathize and connect with her. Lara, the best friend, is her total opposite. Boisterous and chic, she seems to compliment Charlie. T

• Danger and Desire: A Romantic Suspense Anthology
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Wild on You (Justiss Alliance, #1)
  • Miz Scarlet and the Vanishing Visitor
  • Beginning (PAVAD: FBI Romantic Suspense, #0.25)
  • Haunting Lana: The Beginning - A Prequel (Lana Malloy Paranormal Romantic Cozy Mystery Book 0)
  • Illusive Storm: A Murder Mystery Suspense Thriller
  • Cracked Sapphire (Broken Gems, #1)
  • The Kimberley Secret (Jack Rogan Mysteries #0.6)
  • All That Remains (A Missing & Exploited Suspense Series, #1)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • Secrets On Sale
  • Death is in the Details (Paynes Creek #1)
  • Fire in the Mind (Doctor Wise Book 1)
  • Daredevils (Hughes Investigations #0)
  • Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • Hidden Hollywood (Happy Endings Book Club, #1)
Author of Romantic Suspense, New Adult, and mature YA.

Check out my Amazon Author page!

Visit me on Facebook!

Visit my website!

Follow me on Instagram!
@ketleyallison

Snapped (7 books)
  • Shade (Snapped #2)
  • SIN (The Snapped Novella Series Book 3)
  • SACRED (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 4)
  • SUSPECT (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 5)
  • SURRENDER (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 6)
  • STAY (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 7)

News & Interviews