Start by marking “Swarm (Zeroes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Swarm (Zeroes, #2)

Swarm

(Zeroes #2)

X-Men meets Heroes when New York Times bestselling author Scott Westerfeld teams up with award-winning authors Margo Lanagan and Deborah Biancotti in the second book of an explosive new trilogy about a group of teens with amazing abilities.

They thought theyd already faced their toughest fight. But theres no relaxing for the reunited Zeroes.

These six teens with unique
Published September 27th 2016 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Swarm, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Max S I believe he "evolved" (similar to how mob could of evolved into swarm, and so on) and in extension totally becoming cut off from everything and…moreI believe he "evolved" (similar to how mob could of evolved into swarm, and so on) and in extension totally becoming cut off from everything and everyone.(less)

Start your review of Swarm (Zeroes, #2)
Thalia Grace
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
10/25/15:
I just finished the first book and loved it. It's going to be a year until the next book comes out, but already this is me;

10/18/16: Review:

Oh my god, this book was amazing, I devoured it even though I'd been in a low-key book slump this whole year.

Also, is it just me, or is Ethan (Scam) just like more interesting and way better than all the characters? Nobody seems to like him, but he's always been my favorite. <3

We definitely get more in deep with everyone character rounding
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence! Check it out for more reviews.

While Zeroes was a great introduction into the kids that make up the superhero squad, Swarm amped up the pace and the storyline as the Zeroes encounter their first villain.

The story starts off with a bang, as the Zeroes have opened up a new nightclub called the Dish, which they use to experiment with their powers. As people are drawn to the club, they soon meet two people who are like them and also have powers Davey and Ren
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[3.5 stars] Zeroes was an interesting YA read I liked the concept, the writing voice(s), and the characters (all but 1, anyway). What I didnt like was that the events within it seemed a little inconsequential. In Swarm, I found that much needed substance in the second half of the book and, incidentally, liked it better.

It finally utilized that good vs evil vibe, diving further into each teens magical abilities, bringing in that fine distinction of moral boundaries. I thought it was quite
Jenna
This review also appears on my blog, Reading with Jenna.

I received a review copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

All I can say right now is whoa. And I need the next book ASAP! Swarm ends on an incredibly painful cliffhanger and I dont know what Im going to do with myself for the next 12 months while I wait for the next book to be released

This trilogy is getting better and better. I enjoyed Zeroes immensely but wasnt completely sold on all the characters and
Spencer
The bad guy in this *YIKES*

Swarm is absolutely terrifying! How on earth do you fight someone who controls other people TO DEATH? And by "to death" I mean, he controls people until they kill other people. It's insane!

And the ending! *ugh* CLIFFHANGER CITY!

I still didn't like Nate in this one, but I appreciate what he did for the group. For Thibault. Although, he also may have not bothered me as much because this book didn't focus on him as much.

I really loved watching Kelsie and Chizara's
Lexy
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just waitin' here....
Katrina (trinareadsbooks)
After being so impressed with Zeroes, I really really wanted to love this book, but Swarm just didnt live up to its potential as either a sequel or as a book in itself. That isnt to say that I hated it or anything, because I obviously found it worth 3 stars, but the things I didnt really enjoy far outweighed the things I did.

Things I liked:

- Anon and Flickers relationship was so cute and well written. I always enjoyed reading their interactions with each other. I also loved another
Brooke H
Once again, the only person I cared about was Thibault, although I would have liked to get to know Quinton a bit more
BUT
oh well _(ツ)_/
Rtc ... maybe... idk if Ill remember enough of this, I sort of got bored and speed-read the last bit.
Onto book three I guess....
*why did I buy the whole trilogy 🤦♀*
Megalion
Read this immediately after the first book. Both on the same day.

The Zeroes are a united group this time. Mostly.

Cue up use of wealthy kid's money to create their own headquarters, a pair of Zero sociopaths reanacting Mick & Mallory, a seriously disturbed personage created by bullying (or was he?), unexpected romance. .. no not that one, and a massive crashed cargo ship.

It's a little bit easier to remember that guy. Ethan's still the guy we like but don't like who keeps getting them into
Flavia
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A physical ARC of this book was kindly provided by the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

I will start my review with the mini review which I wrote for the first book in this series, Zeroes, on Goodreads:

"It turns out that I read this book last year! And while I cant write a full review because its no longer fresh, I do remember that I found the superpowers to be extremely unique. I also liked some characters, but hated others. And the plot, while action-packed wasnt really my cup of
Aimee
I received a copy of Swarm from Allen and Unwin New Zealand to review. I read and reviewed the first book, Zeroes, last year. You can read that here.

I mentioned in my review of Zeroes that Id be interested to know how involved each author is in writing these books. I think I read that a year ago and I still havent looked into it. Hopefully Ill know by the time the next book comes out.

I felt like Swarm had a bigger threat for the Zeroes than the first book had. I remember them having to deal with
Erikka
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zeroes was one of my favorite books last year. This is a worthy sequel. The characters and plot are just as memorable and exciting, there are some new fun characters with equally awesome and terrifying powers, and there seemed to be even more at stake in this book than the last. I hope my favorite character makes a reappearance in the third book, and I can't wait to see who else will join the story.

Leah (Jane Speare)
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I think I liked this one more than the first one. Still took 80% of the book for crazy action to start. My favorite characters (and really the only reason I am still reading these) are Flicker and Anon. I think their superpowers are the most creative and interesting. UH BUT THAT ENDING KILLED ME.

And the final wait begins......
Danielle {halfdesertedstreets}
NO NO NO NOT OKAY.

Some stuff I didn't like, some stuff I loved. Thibault is a precious baby too glorious for this world, Flicker is a fierce and majestic sweetheart, and I love Ethan because I can't resist a self-loathing underdog. That ending redeemed the book for me even though I AM NOT OKAY WITH IT.

3.5 ⭐
Cassie
DAMMIT NOW I NEED THE NEXT ONE.
Andrew Jason
OH MY GOD WE HAVE A COVER, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!!!
Daphne M.
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-hangover
That ending tho .

Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks)
3.5/5 stars

THAT ENDING THO!!!!!!!

Oh man, what a ride! I will be the first to admit this wasn't as good as the first book, but I enjoyed this book and I am enjoying the journey of our Zeroes.

I don't usually like to compare books, but here goes. I also recently read Renegades which is also about people with superpowers and by comparison, I'm finding the Zeroes trilogy more interesting than Renegades. (COME AT ME BRO.)

Swarm can get confusing at times with six different voices, but I feel they are
Zoe
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a second novel in a series, it exceeds expectations. It is by far better then the first one. The characters are more relatable and I found that I was able to read a lot more depth and meaning in the characters and their powers then I was able to find in the first one. As I have just finished this book I am sort of shocked. The ending is horrible and inconclusive. It is almost yell worthy. It is defiantly an ending that will take awhile to get over and will leave me wandering the house instead ...more
Kate
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5stars
What an evil cliffhanger, but what an awesome ride! The first book had potential to go to interesting places, but this blew my mind. The characters have developed a ton, and I am glad there is a LGBTQA couple on the team, and not the horrid love triangle that the first book was hinting at. I need to know what happens next.
Becky
Dec 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Blah, the series took a really bad turn and I actually didn't finish half the book and skipped to the end. It was really bad too.
Monica
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic conclusion! Tragic and stunning...
melydia
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really should have known better than to start a Westerfeld trilogy before it finished. Yes, I know he's not the only author, but his previous trilogies still should have taught me that the second book always ends with me going "Nooooooooo!" That said, I still loved this book and I love the characters and I have faith in the author that it will end satisfyingly. We rejoin our heroes six months after the events of the previous book. It's just before Christmas and the Zeroes have built a ...more
Emma Gerts
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book even more than its predecessor. I felt a stronger connection to the characters, and the plot had more pull, higher stakes and more intrigue. One of the things I enjoyed most about this book is that it left me wanting. I really wanted a moment when the Zeroes felt like a team, when they really pulled together and had an Avengers-esque moment of triumph and victory. But this book never gives you that satisfaction. The team comes together and falls apart constantly, and while ...more
Amanda
Swarm , the second book in the Zeroes series, picks up six months after the events of Zeroes , also referred to as "the Summer of Suck" by Ethan Cooper, aka Scam. The team, still led by Nate Saldana, aka Bellwether, have started a night club ("technically it's more of a private party") so they can experiment with their powers and have a place to retreat to. Ethan's job is wrangling a crowd and it's on a party night that he accidentally invites two new Zeroes to their club and take a turn for ...more
I Flag
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cried. If a book makes me cry, it gets 5 stars, because that never happens. There you go. Character development was stellar, plot was pretty good, and the idea of the series is just genius.
Ju Transcendancing
Redacted due to Aurealis reading
Amelia
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Foggygirl
Good read

An exciting action packed read Some of the relationships were a tad angsty but I look forward to finishing the series.
Echo C
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Seriously... I cant even! I liked the first book, I even liked most of this one but the ending... just DEVASTATING! I dont even know if I can read the final book because my favorite character is gone!😭😭😭

By no means is this book a literary masterpiece but if you can put that aside, this is such an easy and entertaining read: cool storyline, unique characters, and pretty fast-paced... Itll definitely draw you in.

• Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • That Eye, the Sky
  • When We Were Vikings
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Ashlords
  • Return to Zero (Lorien Legacies: Reborn #3)
  • Genesis (Project Nemesis, #2)
  • Illusive (Illusive, #1)
  • The Trials of Renegade X (Renegade X, #2)
  • Clean Agile: Back to Basics
  • Nobody
  • Chrysalis (Project Nemesis, #3)
  • Entangled
  • Birth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!
  • The Windy City (I, Q #5)
  • The Alamo (I, Q, #4)
  • Metamorphs Two: Ripple Effect
  • 地縛少年 花子くん 2 [Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun 2] (Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, #2)
Scott Westerfeld is a New York Times bestselling author of YA. He was born in the Texas and now lives in Sydney and New York City. In 2001, Westerfeld married fellow author Justine Larbalestier.

He is best known for the Uglies and Leviathan series. His next book, IMPOSTORS, returns to the world of Uglies. It comes out September 11, 2018.

Zeroes (3 books)