Start by marking “Becoming a Resonant Leader: Develop Your Emotional Intelligence, Renew Your Relationships, Sustain Your Effectiveness” as Want to Read:

What distinguishes great leaders? Exceptional leaders capture passion. They lead for real: from the heart, smart and focused on the future, and with a commitment to being their very best.

As Annie McKee and Richard Boyatzis have shown in their bestselling books Primal Leadership and Resonant Leadership, they create resonance with others. Through resonance, leade
Published February 5th 2008 by Harvard Business Review Press

To ask other readers questions about Becoming a Resonant Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming a Resonant Leader

Start your review of Becoming a Resonant Leader: Develop Your Emotional Intelligence, Renew Your Relationships, Sustain Your Effectiveness
Adam
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great workbook to walk through elements of emotional intelligence and develop a practical understanding and plan for growing forward.
Janet
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. So this has been collecting dust on my shelf since my seminary leadership training days. Put this one in the category of "when the student is ready, the teacher appears" because this book and the case it makes for emotional intelligence's role in leadership totally resonate now in my current reality.

This book is a commitment; it is not a breezy read or page turner. It is a workbook and darn good one for anyone interested in growing in their leadership roles.
Irm
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a strong book for anyone interested in Leadership in the 21st century.
Brendan
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
This book was a pleasant surprise. Had to read it for a leadership class for school, and was happy with how tactical and prescriptive it is. I would probably recommend reading this book after reading books like:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Essentialism
- Deep Work
- Never Eat Alone
- Designing Your Life
- Getting Things Done
- Make Time
Matt Witten
Do the workbook - it makes all the difference. And, discuss and open up to others as you go through. It can feel repetitive and may be a bit excessive at time, but the real value comes in diving in and discussing with others.
JP
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
80% of this book is about being internally resonant so that you can resonate with others and help a team resonate. It's full of exercises to promote self-realization in a range of dimensions. As a book targeted to executives, it presumes a high level of self-awareness such that exercises don't require a lot of explanation. If I hadn't already read a lot in this genre, I'd probably have found it a very thorough and useful process. But I have read a lot in this genre and didn't find much new - for ...more
Randall
Oct 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Useful practical approach to developing leadership skills. Exercises are inviting and help reflect on every day aspects of leading with emotional intelligence. A great addition to McKee's, Boyatzis and Goleman's Primal Leadership
Lisa Edwards
Jan 19, 2019
John
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Resonant Leadership: Renewing Yourself and Connecting with Others Through Mindfulness, Hope and Compassion
  • Strengths Finder 2.0
  • Emotional Intelligence 2.0
  • The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
  • Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth--And How You Can Too
  • Devlok with Devdutt Pattanaik
  • Measure What Matters
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography
  • Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior
  • Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
  • Full Engagement!: Inspire, Motivate, and Bring Out the Best in Your People
  • The Bible as the Root of Western Literature: Stories, Poems and Parables (The Modern Scholar) 14 Lectures
  • Odyssey of the West II: A Classic Education Through the Great Books: From Athens to Rome and the Gospels
  • Odyssey of the West I: Hebrews and Greeks
  • Odyssey Of The West III: The Medieval World (The Modern Scholar)
  • Now What Do I Do?: The Surprising Solution When Things Go Wrong
  • Leadership Beyond Reason: How Great Leaders Succeed by Harnessing the Power of Their Values, Feelings, and Intuition
  • How to Have That Difficult Conversation: Gaining the Skills for Honest and Meaningful Communication
“Most of us have been touched deeply by a few important people: people who, because of their feelings for us and their actions, have helped us to become who we are today. Some of what these special people gave to us was uplifting and inspiring. Sometimes what they gave to us caused pain and only made sense later. Who has been a very special person in your life? Who has shaped you and helped you to be who you are today? Write a letter to this person. Tell the person what he or she has done for you, the impact the person has had, and your feelings about how he or she has touched you. Be as honest and authentic as possible. Write from your heart. You may decide later to send this letter, but this first version should be for you.” 4 likes
“significant professional growth without personal transformation is impossible.” 4 likes