Start by marking “Losing Her (His, #2)” as Want to Read:
Losing Her (His, #2)

Losing Her

(His #2)

“I loved her and she left. Maybe I wasn’t enough. Maybe I’ll never be enough.” I’ve been thinking these words since before we even got together.

Everything is new. The old no longer has a place here. Physical items are easy to replace. I'm constantly battling the ones that aren't.

Every thought and memory I have is stained.

By you.

You weren't even there for half of them.

How i
Published March 8th 2015 by Mariah Dietz

To ask other readers questions about Losing Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Her

Christy
2 stars

I really enjoyed the first book in the series, but this one was a mess for me. I wanted to love it, but it didn't work for me at all.

My biggest issue was Max. This story was from his POV and partially told from the past, and partially told through the present. He made me completely ragey through this book. I'm not sure if he's redeemable for me at this point, but I guess time will tell. I was so disappointed in him. I know he was going through a lot, but his actions were inexcusable. I d
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I'm glad I continued with this series because it did get better...Yay! This book was much less wordy and a helluva lot more angsty. However, things aren't all roses.

This book is told from Max's POV and there is a lot of ~sort of~ retelling...meaning it's the same story with a few new things thrown in. At first, it was a bit boring but towards the end, things got interesting.

As we know from the end of the last book, Ace has taken off. She left Max and her family and everyone is taking it
Michelle
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Losing Her is the second book in the His Series by author Mariah Dietz. As the follow up to Becoming His, we get this story straight from Max. Max gave in and took a chance, a risk. He loved. And he lost. In the days that follow the devastating news the Bosse family received, we learn everything we ever wanted to know about Max.

Now there isn’t much I can say about the storyline of this book without giving away details of book one; but what I can say is that I loved every second of this story. E
Sara
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: march-2015
This book was all over the place for me. I had no warning when it would be a past memory or a current event. Sometimes he was talking in first person and at other times it was like he was talking to Ace. Basically it bounced around a lot. It made me lose a lot of interest in the story but most likely I'll trudge through the last book since I've made it this far.
Jenna
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!!!!!!!!!!!!5 stars for sure!
This book takes you through the story from book 1 and so much more! It is not just a retelling of book 1...you hear about the past and present.
This book just did it for me. I laughed and I cried (like a big baby)!
Book 3 can not come soon enough. Mariah just is..wow!
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Losing Her (His #2) by Mariah Dietz
4 stars!!

“You lied to me Ace. You fucking lied to me.”

This book is the second book in this trilogy and is Max’s story. This book was so emotional that at times I hurt, I physically hurt. As I read, I felt everything, I lived through everything and at times I cried…a lot. One thing that Mariah Dietz manages to deliver is a raw, emotional, gritty and compelling story, one that I couldn’t and didn’t want to put down.

I really cannot say anything about this stor
Kara
Mar 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
oooph. This book was a hard read for me.
I was nervous as to where the book was going to end.

and if you know me well - you know that I have to read the end before the middle sometimes. I need to know my characters are okay.

I didn't ... I stayed strong. i just had to read a few books in the middle of this one to finish.

I love ACE and MAX. I need them together and strong.

Ms Dietz did an excellent job of writing in 2nd person. I REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoyed that.
dreamerinexile
My heart hurts to the extent I can't breath 5 gold stars

OMG! This one was soooooo much harder to read than the last. Losing Her picks up where Becoming His left off. This one is from Max's POV where as the first book was all Ace. It really, really sucks to read Max's perspective. His thoughts and emotions reel you in and make you wanna weep.

Btw, if you haven't read the 1st book DO NOT read on. Go 1-click the 1st book and then come and read this.

So Max always seen Ace even when she thought he di
Katherine
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to read an ARC of Book 2. I loved it...I needed a glass of wine or two during reading...but boy did I love it.

I love Mariah Dietz. I love Ace and Max...and now (having read her brilliant second book) I'm quietly banging my head on my desk.

This author excels at 'real romance.' Max and Ace feel like people you know, people you're rooting for. Book 2 is a walk-through what it's like for Max after Ace is gone. It's real...it's raw...and yes, it's frustrating.

Without giving much away
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Holy mother of cliffhanger!!!!!!!!
Lustful Literature
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
**JOSIE'S REVIEW**

Please read book 1, Becoming His before reading Losing Her.

Let me say, I did not read book 1 when I started Losing Her and that was a big mistake. I should have read it then I would have understood Ace’s character and the dynamics of their friendship, relationship and their break up a lot better. This book was written through the male character’s POV. I love getting inside the head of a man

The author starts off this book with Max trying to deal with the loss of Ace. He is deali
Bianca
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My heart is so FULL after finishing this. I don’t even know how to FEEL. I’m overwhelmed with emotions. Book one I loved. Book two? It made my heart beat. And I am not sure if it will ever stop.

“Loving someone makes you stronger.”

Losing Her starts right off from where Becoming His left off. I will try to avoid spoilers for this and the first book as this story is to be experienced. You must live their journey. This is Max’s story. And it is SO much more than a retelling of the first book. It far
The Review Loft
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: terri, arc
I absolutely loved this book. I’ve loved the whole series, so far. I continue to think about these characters. They’re everywhere. Not a day goes by, that I’m not reminded of them. I want them in my life.
Losing her picks up right where Becoming His ends, however, not everything was happening the way it appeared, following David’s death. The effect David’s death has on everyone’s life is far reaching. Not just the Bosse Family. David was just as much of a father figure/friend to Max as he was to
J.A. DeRouen
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This entire series enthralled me. I loved both Max and Ace, but most of all, I loved them together. They had a beautiful relationship and I truly enjoyed watching their connection grow. These books made my heart ache in the most delicious way.
In this particular book in the series, we get a look back at things from Max's POV, along with a new material. I'm usually not a fan of alternate POVs, but I thought the author did a wonderful job of giving a fresh perspective. I felt as if I gained a great
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
Once again this book was really really good.. I loved that it was in Max's POV..I loved seeing the flip sides..

My heart was breaking through out this whole book,... So many great stories so many hearts to heal...omg Aces mother is so dumb..lol

I literally spent the whole book like "don't do that Max"...But I really enjoyed this whole journey from book one to now. This book left me with the "what is going to happen" Cliffhanger. But the best books are the ones who make thirsty to read the next.
Naia
Dec 20, 2014 marked it as to-read
Max's POV! Yay!! Can't wait!!
Lauren-marie
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This gets a 4.5 stars from me. The only reason it didn't get the whole 5 stars was because it is written in 2 different ways which was really confusing at the start and at some points throughout the book. I did love this though. It is written from Max's point of view, from when he was back in Atlanta to the present tense. When in the present it was written in the same style as the first book, however when he would talk about the past and he was reliving the memories of him and Ace together it wa ...more
Sanaa
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**I received the book by the Author for an honest review**

3.5 stars!

This is the second book in the series and is told from Max's POV. I felt like even though this book doesn't necessarily need all these books, it was nice to read from his POV.

I loved knowing how he grew up. What happens in his life. Why he is the way he is. You you know something big happened I'm the last book and this in this one people are going through the after effects of it.

I never realized how confidence is like glas
Lisa
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"You could have asked for the moon and I would have worked to find a way."

I fell in love with Ace in 'Becoming His', so I wasn't sure what to expect with 'Losing Her' (since it's in Max's POV). Mariah Dietz surpassed my expectations with this novel. In book 1, you have the angst right from the start that gets your heart racing with anticipation. In Losing Her, the pace and dynamic are incomparable. We get the inside track to Max's heart and how he's handling life since Ace left. The longer Ace i
Miep at The Review Loft
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful ~ Deep ~ Strong

If you’re looking for something different, well written, that will make you feel, look no further! There are large parts of the story that are just…deep…painful to the heart….real…so real. And since it’s so well written….you feel it ALLLLL!

Mariah Dietz has given us a continuation of the His series and it’s in Max’s POV. Yup, Max’s POV!!! HOLLER!!!!!

Mariah took a great risk with this story, there is something different about Losing Her. You will notice it when it happen
Tammi
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this little gem weeks ago and it still hasn't left me. The emotions and connection to max and ace are still fresh. The seond person POV took a bit to get used to but once I did I realized it was in the second person pov that I truly connected with Max and practically became him. I experienced everything he went through as if I lived it myself. Words somehow seems pointless here because to me it needs to be felt. It's different but it worked for me. You will either connect or you won't and ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Losing Her is book two in the His series. It can not be read as a stand alone, you must read Becoming His first. In Losing Her we get the story through Max's eyes. I read Becoming His and I wasn't completed pulled into the story. I struggled with Becoming His. You might wonder why I would read the second book if I wasn't in love with the first book. Well I wanted to read book two because I really wanted to know what was next for Max and Ace. I'm glad I read Losing Her because it was great. I dd ...more
Michele
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was most definitely not the biggest fan of Max in this book. Though I can understand where he was coming from, I just feel that he was making everything about him, and not about what was going on with Ace.

I'm not sure exactly what to say about this story without giving too much away. Though Max is still hoping and praying that Ace comes home, he's been letting his doubt rule his actions. He's not proud of what he's doing, but what else does a man do when the love of your life leaves with out
Becca
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! I think I fell a little more in love with Max throughout this book. Seeing how all the events took place through Max's eyes was eye opening. The pain and heartache. His love for Ace.... I was on pins and needles throughout the entire book. I was a complete mess reading this book. We get a peek at Max before he fell for Ace. We see the heartache he endures, the confusion to what is happening around him. The TRUE Max.

This series is amazing. This is not a stand alone book and must be r
Alison
Jan 08, 2015 added it
Nothing but love! Will review once it comes out.
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Losing Her is Max’s story. It technically picks up where Becoming His left off, but there’s a little bit of overlap as we take an intense and brutal tour through Max’s memories. The timeline gets a little skewed as we are almost literally thrown inside of Max’s brain and the line between current events and memories gets a little blurred.

Ace is gone. She ran away and Losing Her takes us through the aftermath of her decision. Max is left to process the entirety of their relationship and try to mo
Joanne
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I believe from the beginning of Max and Ace's first sighting of each other, their hearts recognized the other as two parts of the same whole. Their souls knew before they were fully introduced or in the beginning discovery of friendship. Unfortunately, they were too young to understand the significance of such a connection.
Yet, their hearts knew each other.

In these two stories, there is so much subtext, such a complex history for each of the major characters. How the author weaves that history i
Tbird London
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
When the second book in a series or trilogy starts out rehashing events from the first book from other characters POV, I tend to get a bit grumpy. I don’t want to rehash events, it gets boring. So I am sure you can imagine my great joy and excitement when I found this author had a brilliant plan that not only kept me invested in this book, I even gave it a higher rating than the first one.

When Becoming His ended, we knew that Ace had left. Her world was shattered with the losses she had endured
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I truly did not know what to expect from this book , so much heartache at the end of book 1 but also a lot left in the air. Now we have Max's POV and that is major for me !! I love male POV and Max is such a heartfelt guy , he wears his emotions on his sleeve so you know this will be good !! Everyone is suffering from the loss of David and this quaint little group of family and friends may never be able to recover and be whole again.

The journey of Losing Her takes us back in time to when Max and
Tiffany Readz
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First off, I am not a fan of second books in a series being a POV book told by the other character. I usually skip these because I pretty much read the same things in book one. While some of the same dialogue from book one appears in book two, we get a way better insight to who Max really is and how he became the man we met in Becoming His. Mariah Dietz also expanded on situations only mentioned in the first book, adding more details to the whirlwind that is Max and Ace.

This book is going to be
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Accidental Alpha (A is for Alpha Male #3)
  • Twisted Magic (Raven's Cove #1)
  • Yours Always
  • Shallow
  • Bender
  • Unlikely Allies
  • Impact (Fight for Life #2)
  • Conscience (Bellator Saga, #2)
  • Circle of Dreams (The Quytel Series Book 1)
  • Spark (Fire on the Mountain, #1)
  • From the Ground Up
  • Revere (Cross + Catherine #2; Legacy Novels)
  • Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #9)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions
**Pre-order The Fallback, a highly anticipated Contemporary Romance releasing January 10th https://mybook.to/TheFallback**

Mariah Dietz lives with her husband and three sons, who are the axis of her crazy and wonderful world in North Carolina.
Mariah grew up in a tiny town outside of Portland, Oregon, where she spent most of her time immersed in the pages of books that she both read and created.
She

His (3 books)
  • Becoming His (His, #1)
  • Finding Me (His, #3)
“Really, it’s more important that people show their love than say it, because anyone can say they love you.” 0 likes
“We all have reasons for the secrets we keep. They’re not always good ones, but they’re reasons all the same.” I” 0 likes