Start by marking “So Shall I Reap” as Want to Read:
So Shall I Reap

So Shall I Reap

There is no protection from the Unseen.
Las Vegas, Nevada can't contain Alexcia Crystalline Stasis, who is living the ideal teenager's dream as the school's elite socialite. That is, until a fatal car accident changes everything. Now Alexcia’s emotions are on the verge of combusting. As if mourning the loss of her boyfriend isn't enough, she is also dealing with extreme nig
Paperback
Published June 30th 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about So Shall I Reap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Shall I Reap

Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
Death is a volatile entity. We all like to ignore its impending presence until that one moment arrives when death is all that’s left. For humans, or vessels as they are referred to on the other side, death is but an instant. It is not a state of being, but rather a transitional second, which takes the soul from one form to the next. For Ashens, or Grim Reapers however, death is not only their lives but their livelihood.
Tevin is an Ashen. As a member of the House of Space his only purpose in his
Maribel Platypire Reviews
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

I want to start off by stating that the prose in this story is absolutely phenomenal. It's been a while since I last read a story where the words blend together beautifully and vividly make you visualize and even imagine what something sounds like. For example, this is a passage that jumped out at me while I was reading:

"Taking another deep drag, I let the smoke dance inside my mouth for a while. It flowed in and out, nice and
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Paranormal Reader
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Clean Teen Publishing
What a wonderful story full of angels, daemon's, grim reapers, and bridge crossers, and one child, Alexcia, which I love the name.

My genre is YA Paranormal and I just had to get my hands on this book and read it, because the cover and the synopsis was so catching. When I first started reading the story, I had trouble getting into the book and connecting with the characters in the story, and felt as if the book was too slow for my reading style.

Half way through the book, things started to pick u
Holly
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a dark, unique novel! Kathy-Lynn Cross creates a mesmerizing mythological world in this book. From angels and demons, to grim reapers and bridge crossers, the world the author creates draws on several mythologies, expertly weaving them into a stunning story! And not only is the world she creates amazing, but she brings in compelling characters.

Alexcia is a strong, rebellious teenager who has a secret. Every night in her dreams, she battles the same creatures, fighting for her life and her
Melanie Rodriguez
Tevin is an Ashen, a grim reaper in our terms, who encounters a girl by the name of Alexcia and learns quickly about the significance her existence carries, a "Child of Balance." They are powerful on their own, but naturally, Alexcia is an even more special version of one. Not only does he then get roped into watching and protecting her, but he feels something he didn't realize he could feel the more time he spends doing the duty: a semblance of humanity. What's worse is that Alexica is danger p ...more
Michelle Randall
Reviewed for Readers Favorite

Balance is what the world is based on. In So Shall I Reap, we are introduced to the world of the Unseen, those on both sides as they work to keep the balance. Those on one side, the House of Dark, usually called grim reapers, take the souls as someone dies and return part of it to the River Styx to keep in flowing, the other part they give to the bridge crossers, part of the House of Light to be recopied again at a later time. It's all a cycle that bears no emotion,
Reader's Hollow
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
**We Received a Copy of this Book in Exchange for an Honest Review**

Reviewed by Jessica @ The Reader's Hollow Blog

I really liked all of the background world building. Sometimes it felt overwhelming but it didn't feel like an info dump. It kept making me want to learn more.

Alexcia is a headstrong teenager who is spoiled and vain. The long descriptions of make-up, clothes and application of both were a bit much, for me in the beginning but it revealed a lot about her character.

Then on the opposing
Fiona Padmore
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A fantastic introduction into various entities such as bridge walkers, elementals, daemons. I love how they all have their parts to play in this book and that they cross over into earth where the vessels (humans) live.

Tevin is a grim reaper and he is his clan's leader. He has bound himself to a contract to protect teenager Alexcia from harm which basically has him and his clan babysitting the girl who seems intent on getting in harms way.

Alexcia is your average teenager, she is dating the most s
Kathy Holder
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! As a 40 year old mom, I find myself reading what my kids are just to make sure it's appropriate for their age, and this time I found one I told them THEY have to read! I couldn't put this book down. I was hooked on the story line, characters and plot when she would post little teasers on her Facebook page. As soon as I finished I had to send a message to Kathy-Lynn and ask her how long she was going to make us wait for book 2! You know its a good book when you are m ...more
Melissa
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truly Amazing!
I love this book! The story is so intriguing and entrancing that I was drawn right in and read the book all the way through. Thank goodness that I had the time because I'm pretty sure that if I had to put it down I would have been thinking about the story, longing to get back to reading. I did miss out on some sleep but it was totally worth it. I bought a copy for my teen daughter and she loved it as well, and now her friends are all lining up to borrow it. I am a true lover of all
CrazyBookworm99
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Such a great concept for a story and the plot was ready for some great twists. However, it took me a while to get into the story and connect with the characters. For some reason I didn't like Alexcia so I found myself putting the book down regularly to take a break.

With that being said, I did get hooked about halfway through and I think Kathy did live up to my expectations during the final part of book one. The monsters were different from your average YA book and that definitely Intrigued me!!
Tricia Copeland
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
In So Shall I Reap, you meet a reaper named Tevin who is fated to reap souls from human vessels for eternity. Before you start to feel all sad for him, stop. He seems ninety-nine percent fine with his existence, after all, he does get to live forever. But Tevin meets Alexcia, a special vessel, near death at the age of six. Although his orders are clear, Alexcia’s mother makes a deal with Tevin and he not only skips his duty but promises to keep Alexcia from harm. The story cuts to Alexcia at fif ...more
Taylor
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
My biggest complaint is the age of the female main character. It might be just me but I wish she had been 17 going on 18 instead of 15 going on 16. While I know a lot of young teens do, I wish the author had made her just a couple years older if she is going to be frequently smoking and drinking and dressing provocatively.
InD'tale Magazine
"So Shall I Reap" is an ambitious beginning of what promises to be a unique series.

Read full review in the 2015 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Yara
I liked it enough to be a little curious about what happens next to the two main characters. However, this story was a tough read- the way the author introduced all her mythology/ lore was very choppy and at times confusing. The ending was too abrupt for me. It was quick reading though.
Kathryn Synoracki
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Can't wait for the next book in the series! I love the twists and turns in this book! It just kept me wanting more!
Belinda Clemons
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this was a very great book and I cant wait to read book 2
Casey
rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2015
Marion Icard
Dec 27, 2016
  • Taliesin - Choice/Destiny
  • Whisper (Lakeview, #2)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • Graveyard Rose (The Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • Tangled Web (The Arrynna Doe Trilogy #1)
  • One Little Spell
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • Krystal Blue (The Blue Moon, #1)
  • The Water Kingdom (The Water Novels, Book 1)
  • Random (The Were Chronicles, #1)
  • Second Skin (Skinned, #2)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • Woven (Mystic Valley Shifters #1)
  • Clouds Over Akaloshia
  • Pema's Storm
  • Of Dreams and Shadow (Forget Me Not #1)
Born in Pomona, California, Kathy-Lynn Cross lived there for fourteen years until her family moved to Las Vegas, Nevada—where she resides still to this day. Inspired by the backdrop of Sin City, Kathy-Lynn took her English professor’s advice and wrote about the hometown that she knew. Kathy-Lynn wasn’t always a writer. In 2008, when her niece was hospitalized, Kathy-Lynn decided to do something sp ...more
“Dreams are fairy tales
Opened by the heart’s desires
Tasting the candy-coated lies
They place by your pillow
Nightmares are terror tales
Unlocked by an eclipsed heart
Broken from a shattered soul
Screaming truths into your pillow”
1 likes
“Showers wash all the unsightly dirt and grime away. The warm spray relaxes the nerves brought on by the stresses of the day. But no matter how hard I scrub, the darkness that clings to me will not go down the drain.” 1 likes