Start by marking “Strike: Dax (Sphere of Irony #2)” as Want to Read:
Strike: Dax (Sphere of Irony #2)

Strike: Dax (Sphere of Irony #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  172 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Privilege, poverty, death, and self-loathing; these are the backgrounds of the men of the internationally famous rock band, Sphere of Irony.

Dax Davies has one job to fulfill in the Davies household. Earn money at the family business. The problem is that the family business is illegal underground fighting.

From a young age, Dax and his brothers are groomed to become money e
ebook, 1, 350 pages
Published June 7th 2015 by Shelbyville

To ask other readers questions about Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strike

Carissa
Dnf'ed at 45%. I couldn't continue. It was immature and I was seriously bored.
.JadeSarah.
Jun 12, 2015 .JadeSarah. rated it it was amazing
First glimpse we get into this story is Dax, his father and his fucking rules. Dax and his brothers play along, not that they really have a choice, with their fathers underground fighting. Dax grows accustomed to the rules and that way of life but promises himself to follow his dreams of becoming a rock star no matter what.
Kate. The invisible, boring girl. Well this is how she thinks she is and Dax. Well, Dax doesn't really see her at all. Kate has been in love with him for so long and always f
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

This book was awesome. This is not a new author for me but she is one that I keep coming back to when she releases something new. This book is number two, although a standalone, in a spin off series where she rocked it in her Famous series.

This book was so good. Sexy, sweet. suspenseful, and with quite a few twists, this book will grab you from the beginning while you devour it whole in one sitting like me. This author has a way of creating a romance that is intense, edgy, and thrilli
Melanie
Jun 09, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing
This was a first read for me by Heather C. Leigh and I have to say I am hooked. I was worried that being the second book in the series that I would be lost starting with book 2, but that was so not the case. I started reading and never felt like I was missing anything. This book covers a broad spectrum of time with the characters, but Heather has a way of making it flow and you not even realize that the story covers that much time at all.

Dax is a young man that was brought up fighting in his da
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Jun 09, 2015 Jodie's W.I.N.E. List rated it it was amazing
I was sucked into this book right from the very beginning. I usually take notes while I am reading so that I can remind myself what I like and didn't like about the book. However, with this amazing story, I never stopped to take notes. I was so wrapped up in their story that I totally forgot to take a break.

My heart went out to Dax from the very beginning, His dad is a total uncaring, jerk (not the word I want to use). He drilled his "rules" into Dax from a very young age, encouraging all the a
Books Laid Bare
Jun 08, 2015 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing
This author just about hit the nail on the head with this book – she pitched the perfect shot, got the characters bang to rights and left me on the right side of giddy – great work!
While the first book in the series was Adam’s story, we were of course originally introduced to Dax too.
This time Dax is up and honestly if I tried to explain all the little foibles that he has that make him such a great leading man you would be settling in for the night – he is far from straight forward.
He is a glor
Liza
Jun 08, 2015 Liza rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review

Bloody Perfect.

From Heather C. Leigh's Ricochet series, I am beyond amazed but not surprised that she had captured me again with Strike.

Although, I have not read the first book, Incite, I did not feel left out as both books were happening simultaneously.

I love it when an author perfects a tandem and Dax and Kate is just so right for each other. Their chemistry was sizzling.

One thing I also really admired with this book was how it trancends through its ti
FMR Book Grind
Jun 08, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it it was amazing
KIM'S REVIEW
5 STARS

We all have regrets about our up bringing and maybe even hard feelings where our parents are concerned. But no one needs to be brought up the way Dax has been.
At 18, he's working through his last year of high school and working to keep his dad happy. Something he and his brothers have had to do from the time they were born. (Don't ask me where his mom is because all I got from the book is she was completely disinterested.)
Bordering on abuse, Dax and his brothers are taught th
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
You can only go forward...
Strike was my introduction to Heather C. Leigh. Of course it was my love of rockstar romance that put her on my radar. I can't resist a sexy rocker...sigh. This book was an extra treat because I got a sexy fighter too. Dax is the youngest of four boys who all compete in their family fight club. He's a really big boy, but he's still under the control of his father who has been enforcing THE RULES for as long as he can remember. He hates those rules, but they are so engra
Johanna Panko
Jun 10, 2015 Johanna Panko rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the author for a copy to read and review!

I loved it! It reminded me a bit of Dominic by L.A. Casey.... just a whole lot less cuss words and fighting. ;) So if you liked that book then your sure to love this one.
This story is about finding "The One" when your too young to appreciate her, and you mess it up. Dax struggles with fame and a ridiculous stalker when he realizes in order to keep going, that he will have to let Kate go. Kate was resilient and I found there love to be a touc
Kim
Jun 02, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Bordering on abuse, Dax and his brothers are taught that fighting is a go
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author*

I know I will be in the minority with my thoughts and feelings about this book so please take everything here with a grain of salt.

First, I requested this as I really enjoyed Heather’s Ricochet series. Second, I went in this blindly, not even refreshing my memory with the synopsis; therefore, I didn’t know what to expect. Third, I didn’t realize the characters are quite young, even younger than most NA MC’s that I usually enjoy. And fourth, not only were the MCs young,
Jasmine Roman
This book was so great the ups and downs that's how I love books. I loved how she wrote the book because it was years she wrote about in the book not a couple of months then the live happily ever after. You will not be disappointed if you chose to read it.
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 07, 2015 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
Growing up and being the person you wan to be may be hard, but trying to out grow where you come from in combination with a past you aren't proud of? Well, that can be harder.
For Dax being taught that fighting was all that you would ever be it was a hard for him to change his future. Living under his father's thumb and impossible rules, made a huge impact on his temper and his life.
Kate had always loved Dax, but knew he was unattainable. She to wanted to prove that she was more than just the nic
Judy Miracle
Jun 13, 2015 Judy Miracle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
When I first started this book I was not sure how I was going to get through it. I couldn't get into but not even a page later i was sucked in. I couldn't stop reading. every time you thought Dax and Kate are going to get their turn to be happy together something tears them apart.

Kate has had a crush on Dax for as long as she has known him. Only problem is that Kate doesn't think Dax even knows who she is. Due to some mutual friends Dax and Kate start to hang out. Just when Kate things this is
Ivy Deluca
Jun 04, 2015 Ivy Deluca marked it as dnf
I tried. I really did. But just not my cuppa (both H/h's immaturity, other women nonsensical angst and more drama than I can handle), so I had to put it aside.

Best of luck to the author and this may work more for others than it did for me.
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Incite (Sphere of Irony #1)

This is Kate and Dax’s story. Dax has been fighting ever since he could remember. That is how he earns his money. Kate loves Dax. But one night when Kate sees something she should never have seen can they ever truly be together? Can they still try and be together when their lives are pushing them in dif
Heather Deluca
May 11, 2015 Heather Deluca rated it it was amazing
Strike is the second book in the Sphere of Irony series, and it does the series proud.
Here's what I liked about it: ***Kinda-sorta some spoilers*****

1)The beginning pulls the reader right into the lives of Dax Davies and Kate Campbell. I think this is one of Leigh's strong points as a writer. All of her works have such intriguing beginnings that the reader is almost instantly engaged with the text. Strike immediately sets the tone for the rest of the book and shows the reader who Dax and Kate a
Cocktails and Books
Jan 24, 2016 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books.

Dax, Dax, Dax. There was so much to this man. Behind that tough exterior was a guy worthy of his success and the love of the only woman he's ever wanted.

STRIKE gives us the story of Dax and Kate. They grew up with each other in London, where Dax was famous as an underground fighter. Dax was tied very tightly to his father's fighting ring and his rules. It's those rules that keep him from Kate and what ultimately cost him to lose her. But w
Valerie Degeorge
Jun 07, 2015 Valerie Degeorge rated it it was amazing
Strike is book #2 in the Sphere Of Irony Series by Heather C Leigh.

Dax Davies has grown up only knowing one thing, which is underground fighting which his father runs. Dax and his three brothers have been fighting almost from birth and taught to live by their fathers rules and nothing more. In doing so Dax has learned to hide all his emotions and become cold and detached to everything around him. Dax's heart is with his music which he moonlights when possible.

Kate Campbell has been secretly in l
 ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋLina's Reviews Book Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
I love books that show the main characters grow. This was a book that did exactly that.
Dax is a young man living an unhappy life because he exists under his father's shadow. He is not allowed to do anything that he wants. He simply lives and breathes for one purprose; to fight. Taking part in illegal fighting is what he must do in order to please his father. His only real passion is his music. Going to school is one of the small perks that he is allowed.
Kate is a young girl in love with a man th
TheBookGoddess
May 11, 2015 TheBookGoddess rated it it was amazing
Five Stars!! You won't want to miss this book!!!

I am a huge fan of Heather's work and was thrilled to get an ARC of Strike! I always find that Heather's stories have a strong compelling story line that pulls you in from the very start. This book was no exception to that. From the very first page I couldn't get enough of Dax and Kate!

Heather always writes her characters in a way that makes them feel so real to the reader. For example Kate's character is deeply insecure at the start or the book.
Jade Simcox (2 Girls Who Love Books)
Reviewed by Tonya for 2 Girls Who Love Books

HOT HOT HOT!!
While Strike is book 2 in the series it can be read as a stand alone ( I will be picking up Incite book 1 though because no want to know about Adam!!!)

Book 2 follows the love affair of Fax and Kate across oceans, through college, a crazy room mate turned stalker. Through the struggles of Dax's life in the band. The story flowed well and pulled me in right away.
I give the read 5 stars.

Dax is an amazing alpha male who is throwing out all his
Michelle Cage
Jun 08, 2015 Michelle Cage rated it it was amazing
This series is awesome, I love the guys in these books. I enjoyed Adams story but I completely fell in love with Dax. My heart ached for him throughout this book, because so much was out of his control. Kate was such a great other half for him, it was nice to see her work out her self esteem issues, which a lot of can relate to having. I am looking forward to see who is next Hawkeye or Gavin, but I'm sure it will be a great book.
Michel Reinhard
Jun 08, 2015 Michel Reinhard rated it really liked it
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
The Sphere of Irony series by Heather C. Leigh is a unique rock star series. This series features two British members and two American members. The first two books in the series cover the British members. Their stories span from their youth in the ghetto’s of London to the glamourous life in LA. Both of the British members could not wait to escape their lives in England but paid a high price to do so. They left behind the most important things in their lives. They left the women that owned thei
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
DAX

***ARC provided in exchange for honest review***

I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish. From my very first meeting of Dax in book 1 I was intrigued by him. He was always described as a big guy who never let his emotions show, hence the reason that Kate started calling him Iceman. We find out in his book the reason for such a emotionless Dax and the wall he constantly kept erected. Kate who we also met in the first book is very relate-able in the aspect of young women not believin
Cheryl
Jun 01, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Review of Strike (Sphere of Irony #2) by Heather C. Leigh

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Kate Campbell has been in love with Dax Davies all through school. He is the complete bad boy and everything she dreams about. The only problem is, he doesn’t know she exists.

Dax Davies has had to live by his father’s rules for too long. He has no control over his own life. Being a fighter like his brothers is not what he wants to do. He wants to make music with his band.

His father has made hi
Wednesday Stanley
Jun 09, 2015 Wednesday Stanley rated it really liked it
This is the first book in this series I have read by this author. I became a fan of her's with her military serial series. I don’t read many rocker stories, but when I do they really have to catch my attention. I have to say when I went into reading this book I wasn't sure what to expect.

This book starts out a little differently than I thought it would. It starts when Dax and Kate are just kids. We get to know them, where they came from, what their life was like.

I liked Dax. I should say I had
Charlotte Lynn
May 27, 2015 Charlotte Lynn rated it really liked it
I thought Heather C. Leigh outdid herself with Adam’s story and then she introduced me to Dax. He is almost perfect, with some faults. And oh what faults they are. His toughness and stubbornness could drive a woman crazy, which is exactly what they do to Kate. The sparks flew for Kate from the first time she laid eyes on Dax. He didn’t seem to even know she was alive, but that didn’t matter. She pined for him and adored him from afar. Then they met, I mean really met, and the sparks flew. Along ...more
Gemma
Jun 08, 2015 Gemma rated it it was amazing
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

4.5 Stars

Strike is book #2 in the Sphere of Irony Series I was gifted a copy of the book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

Well hmmm…. What to say about Strike???

Probably the first thought that comes to mind now I’ve finished the book is that I’m pretty sure I’m emotionally scarred!!!

I have never felt so tense or so wound up over a couple in a book the way I have about Dax and Kate!!!

What the hell was wrong with this couple, t
Bargain Basement: Swag Pack 1 9 Jun 08, 2015 09:48AM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Can't claim/merge my book 10 24 Dec 21, 2014 10:36AM
  • Cover Me (True North, #1)
  • Strings Attached (Baseline Sins, #1)
  • Wonderlust (Steel Roses #1)
  • The Rebound Series: Complications, Distractions, Connections (Rebound, #1-3)
  • Reckless Rendezvous (Reckless Beat #4.5)
  • Possess (Shamed, #2)
  • Surrender
  • Box set: Discovered & Cover Up (Cover, #1 & 2)
  • High Strung (Power Station, #1)
  • Release Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #3)
  • Blindfold Vol. 2
  • Healing Melody
  • The Billionaire's Command (The Silver Cross Club, #3)
  • Body Rock: The Complete Series (Body Rock, #1-4)
  • Heartbitten
  • Still Water (Forever Still #2)
  • What Happens In Vegas.... Doesn't Always Stay There (The Porter Brothers)
  • Southern Rocker Boy (Southern Rockers, #1)
Heather C. Leigh is the author of the Amazon best selling Famous series. She likes to write about the 'dark' side of fame. The part that the public doesn't get to see, how difficult it is to live in a fishbowl and how that affects relationships.

Heather was born and raised in New England and currently lives outside Atlanta, GA with her husband, 2 kids, and French Bulldog, Shelby.

She loves the Red S
More about Heather C. Leigh...

Sphere of Irony (4 books)
  • Incite: Adam (Sphere of Irony #1)
  • Resist: Gavin (Sphere of Irony, #3)
  • Wreck: Hawke (Sphere of Irony, #4)