Start by marking “King Alfred's Jewel: Poetry of the Imagination and Imaginative Photography” as Want to Read:
King Alfred's Jewel: Poetry of the Imagination and Imaginative Photography

King Alfred's Jewel: Poetry of the Imagination and Imaginative Photography

David Hamilton brings together two poems and a dramatic monologue in King Alfred’s Jewel: Poetry of the Imagination and Imaginative Photography. This contemporary, original poetry is inspired by the stories behind outlaw legends, and also takes the reader on a number of spiritual journies.

Hamilton’s first poem, The Journey, remains almost as it was first written. In striv
Kindle Edition
Published November 26th 2014 by Matador (first published October 31st 2014)

Diane
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The poetry genre as a whole holds many avenues for display and understanding, a very long history of controversy, and much debate over its wellsprings of inspiration in psychology, literary influence, and social evolution. All this is covered in depth in an introduction which basically takes the genre's history and synthesizes its influences in a literary examination of poetry's evolution and philosophical influences.

It's unusual to see this kind of introduction in a collection anticipated to be
Nicole Moore
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
**I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for an honest review.**

From the moment I started reading, this book reminded me of college, in general, and writing papers for my various literature courses in general. That being said, I mostly still loved it. The poems, though stylistically similar to those of the distant past, are written in modern language. They are sophisticated and speak to the soul and the senses. There's a scholarly introduction and an appendix at the end wherein the aut
Scarlett
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this novel for an honest review from the publisher.

If you like poetry, this is for you. If you like photography, this is for you. I found the poetry simply lovely, with flowing, smooth verses. I could easily picture in my mind a scene, playing out quite like a movie. All in all, I enjoyed it, it's a short read, but not short on content, if that makes sense.

Well done. Easily a four star read for me.
D.howellsmail.com