Start by marking “Dragon Ball, Vol. 6: Monster nummer 8 (Dragon Ball, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Ball, Vol. 6: Monster nummer 8 (Dragon Ball, #6)

Dragon Ball, Vol. 6: Monster nummer 8

(Dragon Ball #6)

Efter at Son-Goku har opnået en ærefuld andenplads i den store kampsportturnering, leder han videre efter de magiske dragekugler. Men der bliver lagt hindringer i vejen for ham af Red Ribbon-hæren, som helt tydeligt har et meget mere skummelt mål...
Published 2000 by Carlsen Comics (first published March 10th 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Ball, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Ball, Vol. 6

Start your review of Dragon Ball, Vol. 6: Monster nummer 8 (Dragon Ball, #6)
Sam Quixote
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Dragon Ball books are like comics meth for me. I’m consuming them ridiculously quickly in single-volume gulps as they come in and I think if I had all of them in a pile, I would lock my door and not emerge until they were all read! I think with Dragon Ball Z I might see if I can grab the entire 26 volume series at once and take some time off to consume them wholesale with no distractions – I know I sound crazy, but I’m quite serious!

In this book, Son Goku is making his way up Muscle Tower,
Matthew
In this issue of Dragon Ball, Goku is still in the North fighting his way up to Muscle Tower to rescue the mayor of this small village. He has passed several rounds but now he is fighting a ninja who isn't a strong fighter and portrayed more for comedy relief. Since Goku is stronger thanks to his training with Master Roshi, he is able to reach the top and rescue the Mayor. Goku believed that the Dragon Ball could be in Muscle Tower and was disappointed that he couldn't find it but he was actuall ...more
Moe Nishijima
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goku meets Hacchan. Hacchan is a robot. Other people handle a robot terribly, but Goku handle him as a human because he has so gentle heart.
Goku also meets Buluma after a long time. She became riches. Her father makes a great machine. It is useful for finding Dragonballs.
Denim Datta
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny Story. Loved it. and the expressions are really hilarious

DragonBall
Misbah
~Cyanide Latte~
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to a series known for its fast pace, I feel like this volume flew by the quickest out of what I've read so far! We go from that pretty non-stop first encounter with a branch of the Red Ribbon Army right into a reunion with Bulma, and things keep going from there!

Not much to say this time around, but I really am enjoying this far more as an adult getting back into the franchise. I'd had a friend who'd been collecting these volumes as they were released back in the day by the Shonen
Chelsea Gouin
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Goku continues to work through Muscle Tower and decimating the Red Ribbon Army. Toriyama's goofy humor is back and I'm just not here for that. Purple is a ninja but a total doofus that Goku makes quick work of. He befriends a metal man he nicknames 8-Man and the two face off against General White. In an act of mercy 8-Man learns what it means to truly be a good guy. It was endearing. But Goku accidentally broke his radar and has to seek Bulma out to fix it and she joins Goku's hunt...until they ...more
Andrew
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volume 6 of DragonBall, created by Akira Toriyama, had a continued version of volume 5, but less entertaining. I think this because after winning against the Red Ribbon Army, it was more of a calm like nature in the book. It wasn't exciting in my opinion that most of the story was based on Bulma coming back to see Goku after the major battle. Although it was a less entertaining story, Bulma's intelligence is extraordinary, which helped Goku get the dragonballs. So, Bulma is a very important char ...more
Meepelous
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Even if Son Goku is a Garty Stew, he is pretty well balanced out by the managery of larger than life characters that surround him. Two of my personal favourites, Bulma and 8-man make an appearance alongside some very innocent son Goku nudity again. Toriyama is becoming a pretty special man in my life.
Travis
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goku's quest to recover his grandpa's Dragon Ball hits a snag when he discovers that the Red Ribbon Army is searching for them as well. This volume is very action packed as well but we get back into heavy comedy bits. Don't get me wrong I love Dragon Ball because of its humor but not when it is hitting me in the face like a ton of books!
Chris Orme
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
124/125 (Revised 2018 Reading Challenge)

Another great volume. Finishes Goku climbing the tower & his quest for the dragonballs vs the red ribbon army. & he reunites with some friends. Seeing Goku navigate a city was funny & shrinking machine antics. That great combo of action & Humor that Dragonball manages to pull off.
Mal Martin
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as usual this story entertains. I would recommend it to anyone. Goku is fighting some different type of villains that causes him to use his weakness, his brain. Along with that Bulma Returns!!! Can't wait to read the next one.
Dbgirl
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good and entertaining.
Loren Dillon
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goku defeats General White and reunites with Bulma and Krillin. Now they are off to face against General White into an underwater cave where pirate treasure awaits!
Chris
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This one was alright. Not great.
Jacia
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love seeing Bulma again!!
Erixman
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best!
Julia Shore
I think I want less fighting and more of Master Rochi being a pervert.
Ryan Thompson
Five star series as a whole, but I do not care for the Red Ribbon Army arc.
Paul Terpstra
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is Goku’s muscles strong enough to prevail and defeat all that looms within the dreaded Muscle Tower!?!?
Underfrisk
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is totally awesome!!! it's my favorite manga.
The characters are very well-written, the plot is so engaging, in the third act is really action-packed.
The story is definitely entertaining, the cinematography is hands down outstanding, the ending is open to continue, the world-building is so natural and well drawn.
And finally, the protagonist is bad-ass and incredible.
David Heller
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
10/24 I'm am currently on page 134 of Dragon Ball Volume 6. In the beginning of the book Goku is fighting a ninja and used his Power Pole to win, but then the ninja got out the red ribbons secret weapon, an android that can fight. However that android does not like fighting so he refuses to fight and Goku destroys that part of the army. Then Goku and Android 8 went back to this one girls house and told them the good news. That the army had been destroyed.(In that specific area)So then Goku goes ...more
Kurami Rocket
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
One of the strongest volumes yet! In this, Goku continues his fight with the RRA in Muscle Tower! The battles were simply funny and showcased off Goku's immense inhuman strength and genius as a warrior. After the battle is over, Goku takes a trip to the city in search of his first friend, Bulma! I simply adored little Goku's adventure in the city. Since he grew up in the mountains, and combined with his lack of a proper education; it was very fun to see him trying to navigate his way through a h ...more
Highness Atharva
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dragon Ball Manga was inked very much good, the story of course the best one. Its fantasy meeting Shonen and Goku is a the most imaginably cool and cute and funny charachter. Charachter reminds me that there's just about a hundred charachters here, distributed in thirty one volumes some frail, weak, some strong like hell and some just wierd and funny and humbug. The story goes:- Goku is the main protagonist of the series and he is approached by a girl named Bulma who's in search for the dragon ...more
Caleb M.
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little Goku is one tough boy. I wonder if we are ever going to get an explanation as to why he can get hit by bullets and not die.

I am glad that Bulma is back traveling around with him. She adds some good character to the series, even if she is a little annoying sometimes.

Things are getting heated with the red ribbon army and I like seeing Goku take them down one step at a time. Always fun watching a kid beat up on adults. I really enjoyed machine man 8 too.

All in all this was a good volume.
Stewart Tame
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second quest for the dragonballs continues, and some old friends return. There's a lovely moment where Goku asks a policeman for directions, and, even though the cop is far from a main character, he still gets a mini story arc lavished on him. Toriyama's creativity seems boundless. Those who've only seen Dragonball Z on TV can be pardoned for thinking this manga is a lot more boring than it actually is.
Bryan
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Another great volume here, keeping the tone light and the material fun. I know Goku's childhood is limited to 16 volumes of this manga, but I could read it far beyond that.

In this volume Goku completes his 'assault' on Muscle Tower, defeating General White and picking up a new friend in the process. Also, as the title suggests, Bulma is back! She and Goku are on the Dragon Ball hunt once again.
John
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goku is a nice little boy that grew up with his grandpa in the woods. But one day a giant monster killed grandpa and Goku lives alone till he meets Buruma, a teenage girl from the city in the search for the Dragon Balls that will grant any wish of yours. Seeing that Goku has a unatural strength Buruma asks for Gokus help and the adventures starts from here.

• One Piece, Volume 6: The Oath
  • One Piece, Volume 7: The Crap-Geezer
  • One Piece, Volume 8: I Won't Die
  • One Piece, Volume 5: For Whom the Bell Tolls
  • Claymore, Vol. 6: The Endless Gravestones (Claymore, #6)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 63 (Naruto, #63)
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • One Piece, Volume 4: The Black Cat Pirates
  • ワンパンマン 20 [Wanpanman 20] (Onepunch-Man, #20)
  • Bleach, Volume 08
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: The Path You Should Tread (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: Hero’s Bridge (Naruto, #4)
  • One Piece, Volume 10: OK, Let's Stand Up!
  • Bleach, Volume 14
  • Claymore, Vol. 3: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: The Challengers (Naruto, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)
Akira Toriyama is a widely known and acclaimed Japanese manga artist known mostly for his creation of Dragon Ball in 1984. It is difficult to pin point the source of Toriyama's artwork inspiration. He admires Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and was impressed by Walt Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, which he remembers for the great art. Jackie Chan's early movies had a noticeable influence on Tori ...more

Dragon Ball (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1: The Monkey King (Dragon Ball, #1)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 2: Wish Upon a Dragon (Dragon Ball, #2)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 3: The Training of Kame-Sen'nin (Dragon Ball, #3)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 4: Strongest Under the Heavens (Dragon Ball, #4)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 5: The Red Ribbon Army (Dragon Ball, #5)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 7: General Blue and the Pirate Treasure (Dragon Ball, #7)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 8: Taopaipai and Master Karin (Dragon Ball, #8)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 9: Test of the All-Seeing Crone (Dragon Ball, #9)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 10: Return to the Tournament (Dragon Ball, #10)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 11: The Eyes of Tenshinhan (Dragon Ball, #11)